Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe that need to be rework and what kind of ability should they have?

Bountyboy312

4 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

But he couldnt with Icy Avalanche, that is the point. So Frost got passively buffed in many many ways in these last few patch.

1 more invulnerability window, interaction with certain arcanes while using the augment that gives him that window, plus it scales with strength and stacks. So you are looking at easily obtained 30k+ OG instead of sub 2k. He has practically turned into a better Hildryn since his defense is not his resource pool aswell. Which IMO makes it a perfect time to buff Hildryn's shield gate so it has a 0.5 second window when OS is gone.

I disagree with saying he is a better hildryn. He requires all stats and is a chore to mod especially because an augment is practically required ok him now. however I do agree frost is in a much better spot and id definitely useful. But Everything he can do can be done with less investment and work on other frames. You are entitled to your opinion so I'll stop debating/arguing with you. I do see your points.

Edited by (PSN)Joylesstuna
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

I disagree with saying he is a better hildryn. He requires all stats and is a chore to mod especially because an augment is practically required ok him now. however I do agree frost is in a much better spot and id definitely useful. But Everything he can do can be done with less investment and work on other frames. You are entitled to your opinion so I'll stop debating/arguing with you. I do see your points.

Nah, Frost is the one frame that doesn't require all stats but, instead, can greatly benefit from any min-max stat build or basic stat build. Each of his 2-4 abilities can very easily dominate the map by using just one or two main power stats: range ice wave, range bubble for true damage attacks, strength/armor bubble for protection, range/duration avalanche. In fact, just the Umbra mods and Primed flow is enough to place Frost in SP murder all mode. He has no real weaknesses which is why DE limited his energy pool. 

Now that Icy Avalanche and the new cold and puncture damage changes are in place, I think there's no other frame that can touch him. Team CC immunity, team damage protection, armor stripping, inherit shield damager, very high survival stats, completely adaptive kit and one of the best pet link-mod frames in the game, meaning significantly better companion performance from any pet. Frost is that dude.

5 minutes ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

Nah, Frost is the one frame that doesn't require all stats but, instead, can greatly benefit from any min-max stat build or basic stat build. Each of his 2-4 abilities can very easily dominate the map by using just one or two main power stats: range ice wave, range bubble for true damage attacks, strength/armor bubble for protection, range/duration avalanche. In fact, just the Umbra mods and Primed flow is enough to place Frost in SP murder all mode. He has no real weaknesses which is why DE limited his energy pool. 

Now that Icy Avalanche and the new cold and puncture damage changes are in place, I think there's no other frame that can touch him. Team CC immunity, team damage protection, armor stripping, inherit shield damager, very high survival stats, completely adaptive kit and one of the best pet link-mod frames in the game, meaning significantly better companion performance from any pet. Frost is that dude.

Im sorry but some things here are so wildly inaccurate that its obvious you have no idea what you are talking about. 

• Like 1

If I could just buff Hydroid without doing any replacements:

Tempest Barrage

- Corrosive Barrage corrosive status effect replaced by an armor strip.

Tidal Surge

- Initial striking radius increased from 6 to 10. 

- Enemies that are struck by tidal surge are now ragdolled and sucked into the center of hydroid's movement and are carried along by it, only being ejected forward once the surge ends. This has the effect of 'clumping' enemies together for follow-up attacks. (Or for throwing enemies overboard - I mean, off cliffs!)

Undertow

- Hydroid can leave his puddle and it will remain active. Recasting Undertow while standing on an existing puddle allows Hydroid to repossess it and move it around.

- Hydroid can have up to 3 puddles active at any time. New puddles over the limit replace the oldest ones, similar to how Frost's domes function.

- Damage contribution from allies recalculated.

- Old: Undertow takes 50% of whatever shot was done into the puddle and then divides that halved damage to amongst all targets in the puddle. This could lead to exceptionally tiny ticks of damage. 

- New: Undertow takes 50% of the shot into the puddle and applies it to all captured targets. 

- Hydroid's aimed tentacle is now a cone attack and drags all enemies within 15 degrees (affected by ability range) of the cursor towards the puddle. 

- Undertow's reduction in movement speed has been reduced by 66%

Tentacle Swarm

- Slightly remodeled the tentacles to be a little thicker towards the base.

- Shooting a tentacle damages all enemies captured by it, similar to Zephyr's Tornado.  

4 hours ago, ShogunGunshow said:

If I could just buff Hydroid without doing any replacements:

Tempest Barrage

- Corrosive Barrage corrosive status effect replaced by an armor strip.

Tidal Surge

- Initial striking radius increased from 6 to 10. 

- Enemies that are struck by tidal surge are now ragdolled and sucked into the center of hydroid's movement and are carried along by it, only being ejected forward once the surge ends. This has the effect of 'clumping' enemies together for follow-up attacks. (Or for throwing enemies overboard - I mean, off cliffs!)

Undertow

- Hydroid can leave his puddle and it will remain active. Recasting Undertow while standing on an existing puddle allows Hydroid to repossess it and move it around.

- Hydroid can have up to 3 puddles active at any time. New puddles over the limit replace the oldest ones, similar to how Frost's domes function.

- Damage contribution from allies recalculated.

- Old: Undertow takes 50% of whatever shot was done into the puddle and then divides that halved damage to amongst all targets in the puddle. This could lead to exceptionally tiny ticks of damage. 

- New: Undertow takes 50% of the shot into the puddle and applies it to all captured targets. 

- Hydroid's aimed tentacle is now a cone attack and drags all enemies within 15 degrees (affected by ability range) of the cursor towards the puddle. 

- Undertow's reduction in movement speed has been reduced by 66%

Tentacle Swarm

- Slightly remodeled the tentacles to be a little thicker towards the base.

- Shooting a tentacle damages all enemies captured by it, similar to Zephyr's Tornado.  

The Tentacle Swarm change idea is pretty nice if they REALLY want to keep this ability. As it stands now it's really useless both as a CC or damage ability. Also I'd really appreciate it if DE removes the puddle ability for good.

The Barrage augment should be built-in and gives random element proc. It also shouldn't ragdoll enemies on hit because personally I prefer enemies not sent flying around when they are not dead yet.

Edited by Marvelous_A

18 hours ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

He's simple to mod and make extremely viable for any content.

Umbra x3, Fleeting, Streamline, OG aug, Crit aug, Stretch and then any aura of choice and either PSF, cunning drift or whatever else you might want, personally running Brief Respite and PSF. You dont need more than around 50% duration on him since that is enough to make avalanche freeze last until everything is dead. Sure if you want to use something like a buff from helminth you might need to reconsider your negative duration choice, but as I run Breach Surge instead of his own #1 I dont need duration, since both it and avalanche last long enough for enemies to die. You can also replace efficiency mods with primed flow, but I've always prefered efficiency due to how it interact with individual energy drops.

Then for arcanes I use Avanger and Blessing, with 3 armor shards, 1 cast speed and 1 +energy pickup. Blessing to make my pet more durable, armor shards to make Frost, Globe and pet stronger. Cast speed is there to speed up Breach Surge and Avalanche obviously, which also allows me to start casting Avalance before Surge is done casting.

With him being immune to practically all types of effects and having access to globe, CC, debuffs/buffs and full armor strip he is one of the best frames for nearly all content. He is lacking as a hunter for Eidolons and PT, aswell as being a poor RJ pilot choice (horribly low energy pool) and not really adding anything for Archon showdown. Oh yeah and I probably wouldnt take him to spy either.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

He's simple to mod and make extremely viable for any content.

Umbra x3, Fleeting, Streamline, OG aug, Crit aug, Stretch and then any aura of choice and either PSF, cunning drift or whatever else you might want, personally running Brief Respite and PSF. You dont need more than around 50% duration on him since that is enough to make avalanche freeze last until everything is dead. Sure if you want to use something like a buff from helminth you might need to reconsider your negative duration choice, but as I run Breach Surge instead of his own #1 I dont need duration, since both it and avalanche last long enough for enemies to die. You can also replace efficiency mods with primed flow, but I've always prefered efficiency due to how it interact with individual energy drops.

Then for arcanes I use Avanger and Blessing, with 3 armor shards, 1 cast speed and 1 +energy pickup. Blessing to make my pet more durable, armor shards to make Frost, Globe and pet stronger. Cast speed is there to speed up Breach Surge and Avalanche obviously, which also allows me to start casting Avalance before Surge is done casting.

With him being immune to practically all types of effects and having access to globe, CC, debuffs/buffs and full armor strip he is one of the best frames for nearly all content. He is lacking as a hunter for Eidolons and PT, aswell as being a poor RJ pilot choice (horribly low energy pool) and not really adding anything for Archon showdown. Oh yeah and I probably wouldnt take him to spy either.

You subsumed over his one and not two? Can I ask why? This isn't me trying to make a point I'm legit curious what you are using his 2 for.

18 hours ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

You subsumed over his one and not two? Can I ask why? This isn't me trying to make a point I'm legit curious what you are using his 2 for.

Because I found little use of his #1 since I play solo nearly at all times, so never have a need to pop bubbles. I used to have Ice Wave subsumed, but with the addition of the Decree that applies viral on cold/toxic I swapped to Ice Wave for Circuit and portals. And now when back to playing more regular content it is a nice cold status capper together with Avalanche on things like Demolishers (since you dont really need to aim with it in comparison to his #1) for max slow and max crit damage. And it spreads radiation/damage from Breach Surge far better than his #1 since it hits many more targets.

It is simply the least worse of the two for me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Because I found little use of his #1 since I play solo nearly at all times, so never have a need to pop bubbles. I used to have Ice Wave subsumed, but with the addition of the Decree that applies viral on cold/toxic I swapped to Ice Wave for Circuit and portals. And now when back to playing more regular content it is a nice cold status capper together with Avalanche on things like Demolishers (since you dont really need to aim with it in comparison to his #1) for max slow and max crit damage. And it spreads radiation/damage from Breach Surge far better than his #1 since it hits many more targets.

It is simply the least worse of the two for me.

Ok thanks. I do enjoy your build btw. Had to make a few tweaks as I'm not using shards on him. Also replaced the cc+cd augment as stripped enemies get wrecked by anything.

On 2023-08-15 at 10:33 PM, ShogunGunshow said:

Well, there's your issue: they don't have a design bible. It's why they make the same mistakes every couple of years.

LOL, It's also funny how sad that is. It's one of those self inflicted wounds they do. I need to make my design proposal post. Right as I'm done with Remnant 2. And Armored Core in few days. I'll get to it eventually.

On 2023-08-18 at 11:52 AM, Tiltskillet said:

Lots of junk in that trunk, one might say.

Rimshot Drum Joke GIF

Also, once again, in a thread about WF who need changes I don't see anyone mention Banshee. We have a few people mentioning how X warframe is clunky cause they have full body casts and all of Banshee's abilities are just that. Yes, Sonar is good cause its one of the only abilities with a bonkers Damage Multiplication but the rest of her is severely lacking. She's been in since U7 and it shows.

14 minutes ago, PR1D3 said:

Also, once again, in a thread about WF who need changes I don't see anyone mention Banshee. We have a few people mentioning how X warframe is clunky cause they have full body casts and all of Banshee's abilities are just that. Yes, Sonar is good cause its one of the only abilities with a bonkers Damage Multiplication but the rest of her is severely lacking. She's been in since U7 and it shows.

AFAIC Banshee could certainly stand with improvements. But given the state of other frames, she just isn't in my "Needs rework" tier. Some of her problems are asking for  tweaks more than anything I'd call a rework.   And at least one of her bigger issues, her fragility, really should be addressed a tanking / damage overhaul for the game in general.

It would be nice if DE finally came up with something for that empty 4th ability slot she has, I'll grant you that.

• Like 3

Imo, all Warframes need improvement - some only need QoL touch-ups (Like Harrow and Nezha) or major buffs/reworks (Like Hydroid and Inaros).

Also, most augments need another good look over (and not just numerical tweaks like last time) - if the idea is to sacrifice a whole modslot for it, it needs to be seriously good. Yet we have crap like Swing Line and Afterburn...

• Like 2

On 2023-08-20 at 2:14 PM, Tiltskillet said:

AFAIC Banshee could certainly stand with improvements. But given the state of other frames, she just isn't in my "Needs rework" tier. Some of her problems are asking for  tweaks more than anything I'd call a rework.   And at least one of her bigger issues, her fragility, really should be addressed a tanking / damage overhaul for the game in general.

It would be nice if DE finally came up with something for that empty 4th ability slot she has, I'll grant you that.

Funny that you said this. I really need to start prototyping that WF Design and Balancing thread I keep procrastinating on. Maybe I'll get into a bit of it now. There's a few things I can quickly go over. One small thing, but is often said, is my clarification/framing of Reworks and Updates. I think it would be good to state that given the main thread. People tend to use them interchangeably and I don't think it's particularly helpful or clear. So for the sake of said clarity I'm going to state what each means to me, or at least how I would quantify them.

Update = The WF's kit virtually stays the same, functionality-wise. For the most part. Effects can be added, numbers can be tweaked but ultimately most everything including abilities are staying the same.

Rework = The WF's kit is going to get gutted to some degree. At bare minimum, 1 ability is getting taken out behind the shed at worst, or combined with something else at best.

Excalibur got a Rework when they killed Super Jump, downgraded Radial Jav, and created Exalted Blade. He got various updates giving his abilities a bit extra over the years but none were actual reworks. Ember got a rework, Saryn got a rework, Grendal got an update. Granted he got a lot of changes, but they still fell within (what I would call) an update.  

On 2023-08-15 at 10:16 PM, PR1D3 said:

Honestly before any frame gets any changes I want DE to have a Devstream, blog post, Prime Time or something where they explicitly explain their design philosophy of Warframes. I don't understand it at all. I've been trying to rack my brain about it for months but all I'm coming to is that there has to be at least 3 - 4 (of course Pablo is include in this) people who design Warframes effectively semi doing what they want. They're so inconsistent. Not to mention the disparate standards, if they actually have it, that each player has. You can even see it here on the thread. This warframe is bland, this one is worthless, this one sucks cause it's not comparable to "insert insane, broken DPS god" warframe. For me at least if I'm going to say something works or doesn't work/fail I need some more info! Design bibles, the design intent, is there a control variable warframe we can do a compare/contrast that's a logical/fair comparison? 

Now I say all of this cause now I'm going to start alluding to my earlier post.

Addressing whether or not a Frame needs some sort of tweaking and criticisms whether or not it's "good" or "bad", we need a control variable, we need to know the intent, the design philosophy, something. Not only is it apparent that each player has their own view, it appears that internally at DE it's just as bad with how inconsistent WF Design quality is.  Cause I have my standard and of course you didn't know that, how could you? I never stated it. Thus we're out of sync and can argue past one another without understanding each other. But thankfully due to how chaotic things are we both agree that she needs tweaks. How you said her 4 needs to get gutted, I'm in total agreement, which is why I said she needs a rework (of course based off of my qualifiers) as one of the reasons, among others. Her fragility is also included in my gripes as well. Well, everything you posted I agree with, it just comes back to "WTF DE do you guys not have a design bible?"

I will have to make that post on what design aspects I would like to see them do but I would like to know what is your Needing A Rework qualification. And what WF are a part of that list. 

4 hours ago, Azamagon said:

Imo, all Warframes need improvement - some only need QoL touch-ups (Like Harrow and Nezha) or major buffs/reworks (Like Hydroid and Inaros).

Also, most augments need another good look over (and not just numerical tweaks like last time) - if the idea is to sacrifice a whole modslot for it, it needs to be seriously good. Yet we have crap like Swing Line and Afterburn...

Call me crazy, but I do have a wacky idea of a kit where Ripline is a vital part of Valkyr's kit XD

Le 20/08/2023 à 21:14, Tiltskillet a dit :

I totally agree. Banshee can do the work very well. Only her 4th needs a rework (wait... she has a 4th ??? 🤣).

Some time ago, I proposed some ideas (not a rework at all, but just some improvements), as the possibility to disarm with her 1st. Anyway, she does not need a real rework, just a little update (except her 4th ability, of course).

• Like 2

i just want a rework of Ash's bladestorm targeting system to make it more comfortable to use in public lobbies, instead of aiming at every enemy and then recast it, i would like it to be much more similar to Ember's 4th ability where you look at an area with enemies and when you cast bladestorm the clones just instantly targets every enemy in their range in that area

• Like 1

Personally I lean on the obvious, Inaros, my most used frame (yup I'm that kind of strange). I hear people say Frost, Oberon, or Nyx, but to be honest, Frost is my "best" frame right now and I think he only needs a little utility revisiting. Oberon seems solid, and Nyx, I have not enough time invested in to give a good opinion. 

I can at least say that old Inaros, is just sad to play with sometimes, in that he has so much potential but ends up very one dimensional. Basically my feeling is that his 2,3,4, and passive, all need some reworking conceptually. I can, indeed use my best Inaros setups to play tough content, but he simply can't contribute in places where almost any other frame can still contend. He can definitely cc with pocket sand, Gribbleframe, sha shaaa. He can tickle the feet of a foe while forcing others to watch (ooh how very taboo), and "devour" them, but it really looks like he just sniffing sand.. He can even make a spinning cloud of sand that... Slightly.. annoys enemies,.. and lifts them out of its own range quickly while using a bit too much energy... His scarab swarm is perfectly animated and doesn't look like single pixel lights floating around. 

At this point my Sand King is lovingly called Gribble Prime, because he just throws sand. I know I'm not putting any math out there to support this, trust me, use Inaros, you'll see for yourself. It's very very complicated to make inaros into a good team player, let alone use him for crazy hard content(yes I know steel path is somewhat optional)

Argue if you must but even I can admit that Inaros is in deep deep sand when it comes to needing a revisit

On 2023-08-19 at 4:38 AM, SneakyErvin said:

With him being immune to practically all types of effects and having access to globe, CC, debuffs/buffs and full armor strip he is one of the best frames for nearly all content.

Don't forget how Cold Procs got buffed recently with Wisp Prime Access. Frost makes it easy to grant that increased Crit damage to the team and himself, even with Ice Wave.

In Duviri, you can ignore Luscinia's Suffering (Cold proc onto nearby enemies) while going straight for Shattering Frost (+60x% Damage to enemies with Cold procs). Baneful Harmony (Cold/Toxin procs adds one Viral proc) can still be neat on top of the immense slow from the Cold procs.

I do wish Freeze has more of a purpose beyond its Augment and just popping Globes.

5 hours ago, (XBOX)ForcedGecko632 said:

Oberon seems solid

Since his rework back in 2017 and unlike Hydroid's, it surprisingly still is. It's just Wisp's overloaded Reservoirs, along with the expanded methods of self-healing from other means (Arcanes, Vazarin, etc.).

If I would to pick one, Sevagoth actually.

• Starting Polarities

Forma is a commodity, and Sevagoth is the most Forma hungry, surpassing Titania (should you want to Forma her Diwata). More desirable starting Polarities would help.

• Death Well (Passive)

Merely used for just the Shadow. Could be used to heal Sevagoth himself by holding down Sow (2) or onto allies.

An additional effect of immediate self-revive or revive a teammate immediately at the cost of draining the well. To clarify the self-revive, not the self-revive to die and respawn, but like Nidus's Undying and even Inaros's Passive.

• Gloom

Far too passive for its effects. Gloom should be reworked to something like Gyre's Cathode Grace. Kills add to the Duration, but use it mindlessly and you have a hefty cooldown to manage. The slowing effects aren't tied to the aura, but are emitted on kills. They are timed like Baruuk's Lull, having a lingering field. Headshots, finishers, and other special means like the Shadow killing enemies within range of Sevagoth will cause a more powerful effect.

As for being a Helminth ability, a weaker slowing effect. It's long overdue even if Gloom doesn't get reworked.

• Like 1

In need of an actual rework (i.e. multiple bad/useless abilities):

• Hydroid, Frost*, Inaros.

In need of number buffs or minor ability tweaks (i.e. kit is mostly good, but still subpar or frustrating in some way):

• Chroma, Oberon, Trinity, Loki, Limbo.

* Frost has gotten better over time thanks to various buffs adding up and his band-aid augments, but he still needs a rework. He basically has only one ability at the moment, and he needs two augments to properly function.

Edited by SteveCutler

On 2023-08-16 at 3:50 AM, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

There are 2 that are miles above others on a "needs a rework" list: Hydroid and Caliban.

Both need powers brought right back to the drawing board. I don't think I'd need to explain Hydroid, he's needed a rework for so long now everyone should know why.

Caliban is a strange one. It's almost like the ideas behind him weren't given a few more days of deliberation. As if the powers he has are Version 1 but we needed Version 5.

A) Razor Gyre just needs to go. It doesn't work and barely looks like a "Sentient" attack. Keep the spinning animation and the ability to move around, have him hold an Orb over his head that shoots laser beams in all directions, and rename it to Battalyst Scan.

B) Sentient Wrath probably looked good on paper but performs really badly. You hit an enemy once and they lose their Lifted Status and just get up. Keep the animation, the sound effects, all of that, but now it's a pulse that weakens/strips Shields and Armour in a 360° area with reduced range.

C) Lethal Progeny....... (Sigh). Just turn the Sentients into Firing Sentients instead of Melee Sentients. This power can then interact with Sentient Wrath whereby the Firing Sentients have their levels adjusted to match any enemies hit by Sentient Wrath. I'd even settle for Vomulysts at this stage instead if Conculysts....

D) Now that Sentient Wrath is doing Armour/Shield stripping, it's no longer needed on Fusion Strike. Keeps the same animation and sounds,  but now it creates an enemy pull vortex when the beams meet in the middle. Any enemies hit a second time while being pulled by the vortex take extra damage.

Most of Calibans fixes don't require visual changes. Sentient Wrath stays as is. Fusion Strike stays as is. Razor Gyre keeps 85% of its original aesthetics, just adding the Battalyst Orb (ingame asset), the Lasers (pull from multiple sources) and having Calibans arms up. Lethal Progeny would be the most work out of it all as a new version of Ally AI would need to be implemented and the Conculysts asset replaced with (Sentient who shoots) asset. But it's all very doable. And it'd make Caliban usable but not OP.

But... considering Hydroid still hasn't been fixed this whole time, I'm not holding out hope.

i really hope caliban gets some help soon. fusion strike is so cool.

and i agree. i feel that whoever was behind designing him didn't really put much thought into his kit. which is unfortunate because the whole sentient warframe hybrid theme is awesome

Edited by Skoomaseller
  • Like 1