The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The price of Heirloom skins is incredibly disappointing.

Kymaeraa

hace 19 minutos, DrivaMain dijo:

How do they get the data tho? Do they have an insider that provided the data calls?

it's not data is just the user online and members in the reddit. I said it's hilarious you see.  
6P6CM6r.png

Edited by CosoMalvadoNG
misspellings
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, DrivaMain said:

How do they get the data tho? Do they have an insider that provided the data calls?

Its not actual data, its a joke. The 627,791 number, is how many people follow that sub, and the 2244 number is how many people are currently browsing the forum. The moderators of the Warframe subreddit are independent to actual DE. 

To put it another way, the banner used to be about how many Wisp Prime Access were brought, and then the other number was Warframe players playing with one hand, since you know... Also, the message is tongue in cheek, so probably some gentle mocking towards DE for generating frustration/anger. 

Hope that helps clarify. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lionsheart89 said:

Like the 1st number, the 2nd one is an exaggeration in order to make a mockery of DE.

Ah I see, they just changed the names of subscribers and online members.

Still, I am glad that I do not rush to buy these "controversial" things. While the early adopters get "screwed over", I can buy these for cheap once DE returned to reality after smelling all of dat dosh.

Edited by DrivaMain
  • Like 1

Just now, DrivaMain said:

Ah I see, they just changed the names of subscribers and online members.

Still, I am glad that I do not rush to buy these "controversial" things. While the early adopters get "screwed over", I can buy these for cheaper once DE returned to reality after smelling all of dat dosh.

Yeah. Sometimes you have to kinda read between the lines with this sort of thing.

2 hours ago, ShogunGunshow said:

I wouldn't hold my breath on Brozime if you're expecting him to take a swing at DE.

Most likely outcome is he takes shots at the community's anger and carries water for DE with a reductive, trite "devs gotta make money" (ignoring that most of us aren't advocating for getting anything for free, we just don't want players to be screwed through their pants/DE to use FOMO tactics), and then ignore it after that.

Yep, called it.

I like Brozime's content, but holy s*** the dude must be shredded with all the water he carries sometimes. 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

The 'heriloom packs bought' is the amount of subscribers to the warframe reddit. And the 'pending microtransactions' is how many people are online on the reddit. It's not an indication of any real warframe stats, it's just a dig at the pack situation. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

First of all no probs, just saw your last post.

I understand what you mean, however I can tell as someone that has to do this kind of "talking to the general audience" stuff that you need to make sure you can do these things. They need to agree as a team first on what they want to do and how, and only then need to double check legally (I tried to explain earlier on and perhaps failed to do so properly, but adding more packs now can be a legal liability, even due feedback, due possible refunds, agreeing on what to add (ie: more plat? How much more? etc).). In short they need to make sure they can do what they want to do (ie: wanna offer refunds? Add more items? If so what and how many?).

I agree a "we're listening your feedback loud and clear, please give us some time to assess the situation" could be good, but these things require some time. I've given a lot of feedback and seen DE handle stuff like this in the past and they usually respond when they actually can start doing what they're saying, which I did not understand at first, until I found myself in similar situations.

I hear you I really do but anything that gives them the upper hand is not acceptable here, all you explain here just sounds like an excuse for DE to latch onto and use.

No amount of planning will ever make this matter better, I know how people like DE work they will find each and every single way to skirt around the issue or sweep it under the Rug, They don't care about feedback, they don't care about the community, all they are trying to do is to make sure they don't lose money and they are talking to their legal team to make sure no one can use this against them (Sueing/Cort, etc) they are trying to avoid refunds and make the most money possible, this is why they are discussing it with their team if they are at all.

Plain and simple, All they care about is Money and no matter of explaining from anyone will make me or others think otherwise.

10 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

This is why I no longer share constructive feedback or give suggestions or even voice my disapproval at DE's decisions. I either take it as it is without any lube or stop playing the game. My voice doesn't matter. None of our voices do and won't ever matter until DE become transparent about the things they are willing and unwilling to change.

My point exactly.

10 hours ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

I don't think the price will change considering what is all included. They'll probably just make a new pack if anything.

Maybe, if anything at all.

10 hours ago, Raarsi said:

"I'm sorry, I can't hear you with all this whale money!"

--DE

This ^

10 hours ago, ShogunGunshow said:

I wouldn't hold my breath on Brozime if you're expecting him to take a swing at DE.

Most likely outcome is he takes shots at the community's anger and carries water for DE with a reductive, trite "devs gotta make money" (ignoring that most of us aren't advocating for getting anything for free, we just don't want players to be screwed through their pants/DE to use FOMO tactics), and then ignore it after that.

Yeah, there is no way we're holding our breath for that guy of all people, Maybe Tac-Potato but "Bro" here will just make a whole video to defend DE, watch.

(If I'm wrong then well, I'll be happy to eat my words, but I am not holding my breath) 

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
Fixed Errors
  • Like 3

Honestly, I would gladly purchase a pack that includes everything in the Zenith Heirloom Collection, but without any plat or regal aya tacked onto it - based on the prices of the 7x and 15x regal aya packs, it would seem like the cost of the bloat would come out to about 40$, or almost half the cost of the Zenith Heirloom Collection, which I find quite distasteful. As a long time player, I don't really have a need for either regal aya or plat, but would very much like to get the good stuff.

Now imma be real with you - I've got thousands of hours of play, but I've never actually made any RMTs in Warframe, so from DE's perspective I might not be someone worth listenening to about RMTs, however this time I genuinely feel compelled to financially support them. That being said, as a student doing a monthly internship, I'm not really sure if I can justify dropping what amounts to 1/3 of the pay from that, on the Zenith Collection. I just really wish they gave us a similar pack just without the bloat in the form of play and regal aya, apropriately priced at around half of what the Zenith costs.

Edit: It's actually not 1/3 of the pay, that is IF you buy it as a Steam DLC (220PLN), instead of going to the in-game market and buying it in the steam overlay (360PLN), which is kind of weird, but at least the DLC price seems to be localised and therefore a bit more fair. either way, it could still be better if we got a pack with just the exclusive goodies.

Edited by Kubmac
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Plain and simple, All they care about is Money and no matter of explaining from anyone will make me or others think otherwise.

I understand the take, while I don't share it for various reasons. In the end it's their actions that have to convince the playerbase. Whether we agree on certain points or not, I thinl we all agree the whole thing is quite tonedeaf.

• Like 2

vor 9 Stunden schrieb PublikDomain:

It's not DE, it's the sub mods. They're apparently against the packs as well:

zf9mG4f.png

This is good for us. People calling DE out on scummy business practices in all posts could turn off people on the fence of getting into the game. This is more or less the only way we have to fight back against anti-consumer bundle tactics. I'm glad the warframe reddit mods have made this decision and I hope they stick with it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ShogunGunshow said:

Yep, called it.

I like Brozime's content, but holy s*** the dude must be shredded with all the water he carries sometimes. 

I like his content a lot too, I caught some of his Tennocon IRL stream, he seemed like a pretty friendly, courteous and chill guy to the people that recognised him and wanted pictures and autographs and all that. Cool behaviour in my opinion, thus cool dude.  

His take on Heirloom skins was a bit disappointing though, especially if you were to contrast it with some of his past videos, like his negative rant on Rivens. Its like he side stepped the FOMO aspects here, and then just tried to justify the prices by deconstructing everything "Well, you are getting roughly $40 worth of Platinum and Regal Aya so, the price here is really just $50... then when you compare it to Prime Access and Accessories, with Accessories only being two cosmetic items... oh you get 3 month boosters, but lots of people don't really utilise those so... Plus if you really love the skins and think they are great" like... I think the skins are amazing. I can't support DE's approach, marketing and handling of such items though. I would literally rather give twice the amount of money, directly to Mynki, or on something to be given to DE staff to show support for them that way, than send the message that I am accepting or endorsing their usage of FOMO and pricing structures in this specific way. 

Also to be clear, I am just paraphrasing some of the points he made, for anyone interested, much fairer to actually watch his video, to get his words more directly and accurately in context. I don't think I am being too unfair, I just didn't want to try and get the quotes 100% word for word accurate. I just thought it was also a bit funny he was like "the value of the skins is really just $50, because the rest is that other stuff" like well yeah, thats why many people rather just have a bundle, excluding the Regal Aya and Plat. He also again, just, didn't really address the FOMO aspect. 

Mind you, and I am not suggesting he is inherently biased, I know he has been negative towards DE before, but if DE just paid me to attend Tennocon and paid all expenses, and gives me a bunch of things each update. Even if someone wanted to be as objective and neutral, that sort of friendly interaction and support, is probably going to be an influence. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

I understand the take, while I don't share it for various reasons. In the end it's their actions that have to convince the playerbase. Whether we agree on certain points or not, I think we all agree the whole thing is quite tonedeaf.

Indeed

I'll be waiting until DE find an excuse for their actions and try to justify it, an apology seems way out of their league right now

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

I am not suggesting he is inherently biased, I know he has been negative towards DE before, but if DE just paid me to attend Tennocon and paid all expenses, and gives me a bunch of things each update.

Even if someone wanted to be as objective and neutral, that sort of friendly interaction and support, is probably going to be an influence. 

So you just proven to everyone that he's a suck-up for them?

This is why I dislike content creators, all they do is suck up and try to justify actions with their "fame" and they know they can get away with it because they are untouchable thankfully many if not most of the "others" have left Warframe or have been driven off from making content due to how "special" they where but there are a few that are still left, they are like weeds in your garden, you can always get rid of them all, but some will always come back or remain.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Indeed

I'll be waiting until DE find an excuse for their actions and try to justify it, an apology seems way out of their league right now

At this point and considering there's a 35 pages threads on their forums, ton of reddits posts, twitter comments and youtube videos and even articles, they STILL after all that haven't issued a response or at least acknowledged the outrage and probably won't say anything about it until the dev stream in september 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

So you just proven to everyone that he's a suck-up for them?

This is why I dislike content creators, all they do is suck up and try to justify actions with their "fame" and they know they can get away with it because they are untouchable thankfully many if not most of the "others" have left Warframe or have been driven off from making content due to how "special" they where but there are a few that are still left, they are like weeds in your garden, you can always get rid of them all, but some will always come back or remain.

I mean, he was pretty transparent about being flown out. I also think he is generally being sincere about feeling positive about Warframes current state, because generally, I feel pretty similar too. and quite a few creators and just regular players I know, with less incentives do so too. Of course that doesn't mean we represent all or even the majority. I know Duviri was pretty polarising for many many people. 

I just also think that most people, as in regular people regardless of being a content creator, can struggle to be as harsh or critical, when they are on first name basis ad friendly terms with people who give them great opportunities. Its a bit human nature and a bit how many peoples intuition and biases work. I'd say most people would have to actively learn and practice being able to be skillful at being neutral and critical whilst also being able to separate that from being negative or positive, as in that having its own value in certain situations. Like, I could be wrong, but I don't remember any of the bigger creators who were critical of Regal Aya being treated negatively by DE, because that in itself can be valuable, but I have also heard examples of certain creators getting on bad terms for certain reasons as well so... 

I personally don't think he is a suck up for DE, but I do think he was being more diplomatic and picked his words with a lot more care, than say he did in his Riven video 6 years ago. Which I suppose for some may be the same. Its hard for me to say, as I tend to try and pick my words carefully and avoid cussing all the time, and not just when it may benefit me to do so, so maybe he is also more chill and laid back these days, compared to then, I wouldn't want to judge someone over such differences because of that. To be clear though, I totally get why you would think differently or hold the impression you do. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, (XBOX)RaeOvSunshyn said:

What he is is a good gauge of the position DE is going to take -- and that applies to ANY thing, not just THIS thing.

Yeah I agree with this too, and that sucks a bit. Since arguably he is the biggest content creator for Warframe (as far as I know at least), and he would have the kind of sway to potentially get DE to reconsider. IIRC he was critical of Regal Aya initial pricing, and probably played a role of sorts on getting them to make adjustments. 

6 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

IIRC he was critical of Regal Aya initial pricing, and probably played a role of sorts on getting them to make adjustments. 

That surprises me and if true even kinda disappoints me, considering theres an issue with this pack tied to the purchasable amounts of regal aya basically being a trap to make you buy more regal aya than you actually need to claim the items you want. If he could criticize it then, I'd hope he could criticize it now, especially since I think the actual purchasable amounts not being consistent with spendable amounts leading to the need to buy excess regal aya is more anti consumer than a high price tag.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Vortex said:

Guys, the world doesn't turn around you all...

There's a game behind this forum, you know...

I don't quite understand the point you're trying to make here besides just stating that actual fact that this is a game forum and we live on a spinning ball...
But you give off the impression you're defending the pack in some way and given every single post Ive seen from someone with that god damn glyph so far has been that, that's what I'm gonna take it as.

So here's my rebuttle: The game turns around the players. Without players there is no game. DE pisses off the players bad enough, their company dies, end of story. We can ether let them know they screwed up or just leave and watch them crumble to dust.

I think DE's push towards the mobile market is a desperate attempt to rake in players that have the tolerance to put up with this garbage because they know they're going to hemorrhage players from every other platform with blatantly predatory decisions like this.

Everyone here complaining, is here because we want the game to live and be the best it can be.

Tho knowing DE's behaviors as well as I do at this point. Even if they make the right decision here they're just going to keep pushing boundaries and treat the playerbase like boiling frogs because that's what they've always done.

• Like 7