Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who else bought the heirlooms?

It's crazy how I just started spending money on the game BECAUSE they do monetization in a way that makes me want to support them

Then they do this, now I feel like they've just shat on me for thinking they were good.

Like FOMO is bad enough, but inflating the price with Raya? I already own Frost and Mag prime. The Raya is $40 I do not need to spend.

Why is the 'supporter' pack the one pack that makes me feel like DE no longer deserve support?

They don't need the supporter packs like they did with Excalibur prime. They are not about to die (unless they take the slippery slope or double down on predatory monetization)

It's so god damn disappointing, I WOULD have bought the pack if it was JUST the skins. I would be more than happy to. But as it is now, I feel like Rebb has actually just proved in one night that she is worse than Steve. You'd think someone who loves games would understand that nobody likes FOMO or unnecessarily inflated prices on, well, anything.

It's so saddening, I want the skins but I dont want to tell DE this S#&$ is okay to do in the future. I'm going to wait and see how they respond to this, I doubt they'll remove the exclusive FOMO garbage, but at the very least i'd hope they either make a skins-only pack OR make the 2 other packs way better value by adding tons of extra plat or something. (Just adding plat is a stupid solution, because I also dont really care for plat much, just the skins)

Like, I support the game for the monetization not making me feel pressured or like I just justified some fatass CEO's money eating kink. For them to turn around and pull this, on the DAY OF tennocon no less, is just SO sour to me.
I understand people buying the pack, the skins are cool, but I feel like a lot of you will also feel like buying this pack was a mistake if DE keeps doing things like this in the future.
I pray Rebb backpedals this one, it really sorely needs to be backpedaled on.

• Like 10

I did not and will not, I stocked up on some plat for TennoCon because every year I like to gift random people with low MR  stuff they could use and I was bouncing around the different relays. Nobody was chatting in the relays.  I was planning on gifting the heirloom stuff . When they dropped the FOMO, price, and Steam wall it literally just took whatever enjoyment I was having with the event.

• Like 4

I'm buying in 2 weeks when my paycheck arrives. I don't have a problem with the value proposition because I don't have all Prime accessories and will use the plat to buy Wisp Prime or Dagath. That said I do agree a bundle without Raya and Plat should be made available at a lower price for those who don't need those items.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stafelund said:

I can't search right now but I believe I heard Megan said that Frost and Mag are not the only ones who'll get their heirloom skins. 

Great well when you do have time, no rush at all, could be days and I wouldn't mind, could you find that and let me know where it is with a reply to this post?

If it helps its nowhere to be found during either the Art Panel nor TennoLive. Obviously feel free to check anyway but just in case it narrows down your search and saves you some time.

Also there's been this really strange "mass-hysteria" style confusion spreading among the community about the packs, which is weird considering it's 2023 and YouTube is very available everywhere for anyone to go and look themselves. Reb doesnt talk about more Heirloom Packs in the future during TennoLive, she talks about them trying out the Signas/Halo's with sliders and how there'll be more of them in the future. Not saying you were going to, but I'm just preemptively clarifying that section of TennoLive as ive seen multiple people in the community make the same mistake.

Anyway, yeah, get back to me when you can. Cheers.

20 minutes ago, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

Great well when you do have time, no rush at all, could be days and I wouldn't mind, could you find that and let me know where it is with a reply to this post?

If it helps its nowhere to be found during either the Art Panel nor TennoLive. Obviously feel free to check anyway but just in case it narrows down your search and saves you some time.

Also there's been this really strange "mass-hysteria" style confusion spreading among the community about the packs, which is weird considering it's 2023 and YouTube is very available everywhere for anyone to go and look themselves. Reb doesnt talk about more Heirloom Packs in the future during TennoLive, she talks about them trying out the Signas/Halo's with sliders and how there'll be more of them in the future. Not saying you were going to, but I'm just preemptively clarifying that section of TennoLive as ive seen multiple people in the community make the same mistake.

Anyway, yeah, get back to me when you can. Cheers.

After rewatching it I might be misunderstanding what she said here with the "respective ones". Does she mean Mag and Frost here, or she means other warframes will get their heirloom?

Regardless I don't care about the skin as long as this isn't frequent, since they're cosmetics and there are other alternatives especially for Frost. I think it's not worth the money currently, so it's just natural I won't buy it. And also, since you said there is a hysteria even if Reb didn't bring it up an official announcement/clarification would help wonders.

What gets me is 10 year supporter accolade.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Stafelund said:

After rewatching it I might be misunderstanding what she said here with the "respective ones". Does she mean Mag and Frost here, or she means other warframes will get their heirloom?

Regardless I don't care about the skin as long as this isn't frequent, since they're cosmetics and there are other alternatives especially for Frost. I think it's not worth the money currently, so it's just natural I won't buy it. And also, since you said there is a hysteria even if Reb didn't bring it up an official announcement/clarification would help wonders.

What gets me is 10 year supporter accolade.

Neither.  She's talking specifically about the Halos, not Frost and Mag and not the Heirloom Packs.

Immediately after saying the line you mentioned of "their respective ones", which refers to both frames' different Halos, she says "fashion frame as you will, we love Halo's".

Just an FYI btw, I don't see conversations like this as competitions. Any misunderstandings that happen could happen to anyone, so you won't see anyone trying to rub a correction in anyone elses face here. I was just genuinely interested in seeing if i had missed something as TennoCon was on for hours so there were obviously bathroom breaks here and there.

The 10yr Accolade is a bit of a double edged sword to be honest. I mean what's the correct way to do it?

- Give it to someone who's been here since day 1? What if someone joined 1 week after launch? 

- Give it to anyone who's account is active 10yrs? Yeah except they may not have actually "supported" it the whole time. You look at the forums any day of the week and there's a good few Criticism posts and very little constructive criticism posts.

- Give it to folks who supported most through their wallet cumulatively over the 10 years? That sends a really bad message.

Every answer has a downside. Can't say it for certain as I've honestly not even thought about it too much, but this might be the better of 2 evils.

22 minutes ago, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

Neither.  She's talking specifically about the Halos, not Frost and Mag and not the Heirloom Packs.

Immediately after saying the line you mentioned of "their respective ones", which refers to both frames' different Halos, she says "fashion frame as you will, we love Halo's".

Just an FYI btw, I don't see conversations like this as competitions. Any misunderstandings that happen could happen to anyone, so you won't see anyone trying to rub a correction in anyone elses face here. I was just genuinely interested in seeing if i had missed something as TennoCon was on for hours so there were obviously bathroom breaks here and there.

The 10yr Accolade is a bit of a double edged sword to be honest. I mean what's the correct way to do it?

- Give it to someone who's been here since day 1? What if someone joined 1 week after launch? 

- Give it to anyone who's account is active 10yrs? Yeah except they may not have actually "supported" it the whole time. You look at the forums any day of the week and there's a good few Criticism posts and very little constructive criticism posts.

- Give it to folks who supported most through their wallet cumulatively over the 10 years? That sends a really bad message.

Every answer has a downside. Can't say it for certain as I've honestly not even thought about it too much, but this might be the better of 2 evils.

Gotcha. I believe the best thing to do is give it to someone that's spent money for the game in some way, no matter what they supported the game by contributing, small or large, regardless of account age. Right now, those who indeed supported the game, 10 years or not by spending money on the game it's hard to not feel bitter about this, especially for those people who had been around for quite some time and is a loyal customer.

Those who didn't spend anything could get something else, and that's where the arbritrary requirement comes in. Maybe award this to players who had been playing for more than a year with matching daily logins to boot? For this even if you didn't support the game financially if you kept playing there's loyalty that can be seen there and not sure about others but being given that would probably make some players happy. 

After all the players contribute playtime, which if I'm not mistaken DE chases for that statistic too. Don't forget there's the word-of-mouth too, in which players can bring any potential customers. Potential customers who'd probably spend money, since not all people play the same way.

Also and as I said on the other thread, it just magnifies the FOMO-esque nature of the pack people are clamoring about and with the accolade I'm starting to see where they are coming from.

The whole accolade feels bogus as of now and they messed up here, IMO. You can't please everyone, just telling that to answer your last paragraph but again, everything about this feels disingenuous thanks to the factors involved. 

Edited by Stafelund
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Stafelund said:

Gotcha. I believe the best thing to do is give it to someone that's spent money for the game in some way, no matter what they supported the game by contributing, small or large, regardless of account age. Right now, those who indeed supported the game, 10 years or not by spending money on the game it's hard to not feel bitter about this, especially for those people who had been around for quite some time and is a loyal customer.

Those who didn't spend anything could get something else, and that's where the arbritrary requirement comes in. Maybe award this to players who had been playing for more than a year with matching daily logins to boot? For this even if you didn't support the game financially if you kept playing there's loyalty that can be seen there and not sure about others but being given that would probably make some players happy. 

After all the players contribute playtime, which if I'm not mistaken DE chases for that statistic too. Don't forget there's the word-of-mouth too, in which players can bring any potential customers. Potential customers who'd probably spend money, since not all people play the same way.

Also and as I said on the other thread, it just magnifies the FOMO-esque nature of the pack people are clamoring about and with the accolade I'm starting to see where they are coming from.

The whole accolade feels bogus as of now and they messed up here, IMO. You can't please everyone, just telling that to answer your last paragraph but again, everything about this feels disingenuous thanks to the factors involved. 

I believe the best thing to do is give it to someone that's spent money for the game in some way, no matter what they supported the game by contributing, small or large, regardless of account age."

See I've seen this point brought up once or twice and it just leaves a pretty obvious question. If the only requirement is that someone spent something at any stage at all with any account age, that means I could join Warframe 1 day before TennoCon 2023, buy the least valuable thing available, and be walking around with something that tells everyone I've supported the game for 10yrs. So what exactly is the difference between that and it being in an Heirloom Pack other than the price? Because "price" is no longer am option as an argument with a point like that, for you nor for the others.

"Right now, those who indeed supported the game, 10 years or not by spending money on the game it's hard to not feel bitter about this,"

Right but the solution you gave above means my imaginary 1 day old account got what you did for being around for 10yrs with little-to-no effort. That's more of a kick in the teeth than anything else, including the current scenario.

"Maybe award this to players who had been playing for more than a year with matching daily logins to boot?"

OK but what if a player is a soldier, off doing their duty unable to login? Or a Doctor/Nurse who volunteered to help across the world? Or someone similar to both who voluntarily went to Ukraine to help? It's not a "bad idea" by any means, but it doesn't account for a few variables. I mean they're just a few off the top of my head when i read your post, imagine if you had a month to think about all the variables.

"the players contribute playtime"

Playtime is absolutely 100% a statistic, you're correct. It helps developers see trends and engagement and what kinds of content their playerbase gravitates towards, all essential data. It contributes absolutely nothing to keeping the lights on though.

"there's the word-of-mouth too, in which players can bring any potential customers"

OK so to clarify this, because I think it has gotten a bit confused over the years, you're correct, word-of-mouth is 100% something some companies factor into their decisions. 99.9% of the time its to avoid Bad word-of-mouth, not to create Good word-of-mouth. Word-of-mouth has never, ever been a reliable way to expand any kind of business. It's not useless now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying anyone should abandon it. But it's a commonly held belief that if you present someone with good customer service, they'll tell 1 friend, if you do the opposite they'll tell 20 friends.

"customers who'd probably spend money"

That's a "guesstimate" that cannot be quantified nor used to base a business model off. You'd be very surprised how many businesses won't do something without clear evidence it worked before. And thats reasonable. You're in charge of peoples jobs as well as a game after all. You can't just take a "probably" and gamble everything on it.

"the FOMO-esque nature of the pack"

I've brought this up with other folks before in those threads but they tend to try to skip past it. Every MMO that has ever existed has FOMO built into it intrinsically. Daily Steel Path alerts, Weekly Nightwave challenges, Weekly rivers from Iron Wake and Teshins Weekly loot table. FOMO has been around from the very beginning, and isn't inherently "evil". Then on top of that I asked someone to try to count all of Weekly bonuses/Battle Passes/Xp Boost weeks/Lockbox sales events etc etc that will be happening during the 121 days that this Pack is going to be available for. Never did get an answer of course, but the answer wasn't the point, the comparison to actual predatory FOMO practices vs This is the point. Theres a Grand Canyon sized difference between the 2 that a lot aren't seeing. Because you actually have sense to you, you called it FOMO-esque instead of just FOMO. 

• Like 3

I haven’t bought a PA in a while so I had some discretionary funds available.

They should have been doing exclusive limited time supporter packs from year one 1, not just the Excalibur prime supporter pack in the beginning. I enjoy buying items that I know will be rare and never come back because it’s in my nature to try and have something later on to show off that others don’t have and because fashion frame

“where did you get that skin?” 

“can’t get it anymore it’s rare”

*jealousy grows within*

*mission accomplished*

it’s petty, but it’s where I'm at now in life haha

• Like 1

13 hours ago, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

-snip-

The point is the accolade supposed to be a 10 year celebration for the community and neither is buying a certain item to get it is good too, it feels shallow and most of the "FOMO" hings you mentioned aren't really "FOMO". Still, most of the stuff that fall into limited edition type of deal are cosmetics and some few weapon augment mods, which for the latter I would actually advocate for them to be available because they impact gameplay. 

Again, you can't please everyone. The most feasible thing I've thought for people who didn't spent plat to earn the accolade is to have a certain number of login and years/month registered for effort. But the way it's worded as a ten year supporter, it falls into a community celebration and it couldn't hurt to just give the accolade to everyone at this point. Doesn't make sense to gatekeep the accolade.

It would be like a company giving freebies to their patrons on their celebration day and excluding certain people because they didn't go there that much. 
EDIT: Or because they are a frequent, loyal trusted customer but they didn't buy the thing you wanted them to buy.

Edited by Stafelund
was typing on mobile and fixed formatting
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

FOMO has been around from the very beginning

I'm sorry but this is not good justification ever. There are countless situations you can apply this logic to, to prove how ridiculous it is to say that something should be that way because it was already. If we had to live by this rule we would never truly evolve, develop or expand our creativity and we would likely have never gotten warframe as it was when it released, because we would have only had the same crap over and over. (this is actually one of the reasons why warframe was hard to kick off, because it WASN'T just the same crap over and over and companies didn't want to take the risk on something they didn't know would work, so warframes eventual success basically relied on the opposite of this sentiment, don't just do what's been around since the beginning)

and isn't inherently "evil". Then on top of that I asked someone to try to count all of Weekly bonuses/Battle Passes/Xp Boost weeks/Lockbox sales events etc etc that will be happening during the 121 days that this Pack is going to be available for. Never did get an answer of course, but the answer wasn't the point, the comparison to actual predatory FOMO practices vs This is the point.

And I truly believe that FOMO is actually inherently evil WHEN used for time limited monetization that will never return. Even before considering the inherently evil trap with the regal ayas pricing that makes this packs problems even worse (which if you don't think is an inherently predatory practice then I will just assume you don't know what is). I have a lot of issues with things like dailies, battlepasses etc. but I don't necessarily consider them as having inherent FOMO, at least in the same regard, (Though battlepasses often do have FOMO I don't think it's an inherent problem with the battlepass themselves, see warframes battlepass that is free and has returning items, and it's more about the actual monetization of a battlepass that is the problem (One time only, unique items in a time limited $ purchase, just like this pack, see basically every battlepass that's criticized (one that I have seen praised that solves a big problem here is Halo Infinite I believe it was, which has all the battlepasses permanently available entirely removing FOMO from the entire purchase system), which I feel is actually quite paralleled here, so if you feel that battlepasses are predatory, then I think you should see the same with this pack) and I do not think something that is repeatedly obtainable in game, with the active intention for it to come back, and is free, is even remotely comparable to a $ only pack with a limited time that will never return and layers of issues surrounding this.

I don't have a fear of missing out on dailies that come back tomorrow (And there are some potential bonuses to systems like this, like increasing player population for people who haven't completed x old content yet). Sure, I might push my progress back if I skip anything, but that's not actually necessarily missing out, because the ability to do it and obtain it is still there, just extended or pushed back. I think this is an incredibly oversimplified way of looking at FOMO, just to show how ridiculous I think this perspective is I'm going to try apply the logic to something else, mission failure. Is there FOMO because of the ability to fail a mission and lose all rewards as a result? Since you technically miss out on what you lost from failing? I would say that this is not FOMO and I would assume that at least most people would agree that mission failure isn't a FOMO problem. FOMO extends beyond just not having something, let alone just for a specific amount of time (Which would surely be fear of being behind absolute maximization of time, rather than explicitly fear of missing out) 

Theres a Grand Canyon sized difference between the 2 that a lot aren't seeing. 

I think there's a grand canyon sized difference that you're not seeing. Regularly available and repeatable rewards =/= time limited never returning $ only.

Edited by NecroPed
  • Like 7

I have no plans of ever buying it. nearly $100 for 2 skins and some cosmetics? I don't care about regal aya in the slightest nor the platinum. $20-30 is my top price, otherwise DE can forget about me buying 2 damn warframe skins while they're actively making less warframe related content at a time where money is becoming more and more scarce.

Edited by Joezone619
  • Like 4

On 2023-08-28 at 10:50 PM, Vortex said:

Read the title carefully, and then, read all your posts until now and tell me what your posts have to do with the discussion at all.

Now turn slowly and leave like a good guy while everyone else can have a civilized discussion, ok? good boy, now take that cookie and leave.

Thanks.

Of all my time on this forum, this is without a doubt one of the most cringe inducing posts I have ever seen. I'm sure you felt cool typing and posting that to the world but my lord man.....

• Like 6

I bought it since I already fell in love with the Mag skin when it leaked, and Frost Prime was the only remaining frame I hadn't mastered, plus the skin is the best Frost skin imho.

It was quite a rash purchase, I didn't analyze the pack before buying it. It annoys the hell out of me since it made me feel like I'm supporting this direction of monetization. I sincerely hope the 10th anniversary does not mark the start of the downfall of the Warframe F2P and monetization model that we all loved. 

• Like 2

Bought the top tier pack and i love it.

I had set aside money for this year's Tennocon without knowing what to expect. Could have been anything else. But it's become the Heirloom package and I got it and I love the skins & signas.

I'm already looking forward to the next Heirloom Packages. I have a personal connection to Frost & Ember. Frost was my first main frame back then and Ember was my first prime frame. So I guess I'll have to get the next Heirloom too. :D

But I hope that the packages will be cheaper in the future or put together differently. The biggest outcry going through the internet right now is that everyone is complaining about the "unnecessary" Regal Aya. Different package constellations could help there. For example 1 Skin + Plat + Color Palette for 15-25$ or something like that. For now it seems to be a niche deal for people who can really make good use of everything in this pack. For my part, I love the package, I put my remaining Regal Aya with the others and wait for the Prime accessories that I'm still missing. :)

Thank you DE and Mynki! <3

• Like 3

19 hours ago, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

"the players contribute playtime"

Playtime is absolutely 100% a statistic, you're correct. It helps developers see trends and engagement and what kinds of content their playerbase gravitates towards, all essential data. It contributes absolutely nothing to keeping the lights on though.

This is something free players often miss. "Paying with your time" is a PR euphemism to not insult you as a potential customer (Because you are no customer until you pay). 

Unless the game was secretly mining some bitcoin in the background: Your 6K playtime hours across 10 years amounts to zero dollars to DE if you didn't buy (Not farm: BUY) Plat, Prime Access, Prime Vault, Regal Aya and/or supporter packs during that time frame.

At that point you need a whale to offset the revenue you didn't contribute while "paying with your time". Ergo: A single purchase from player 1 that contributes in the name of player 1 and 2, and potentially/ideally 3 and 4 at the same time (Because the ratio of free vs paying players is unlikely to be 1:1).

Edited by Jarriaga
  • Like 3

On 2023-08-27 at 1:14 PM, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

Curious and why you did.

I had issues with the way my Frost and Mag looked for a while now, I've liked most of the skins and cosmetics they have but none of them were quite warframe-y enough, these two were. Also I really like the Crown-like attachment, I hope we get more of these outside of premium bundles so the slot can have more wide use

I don't care about exclusivity, I'd be happy for it to come back (same for the Excal prime if anyone cares, but I know other feel differently about that) I just wanted it for me.

The price wasn't great, but wasn't that bad, £45 is the sort of money I'd end up paying if I really wanted a prime right now (which rarely happens any more, but it has happened) and the regal Aya is useful if I want to pick up some of the cosmetics from PAs that I missed in the past.

Overall, I probably won't pick up more of these packs, but for Frost and Mag, I was happy to.

Edited by SilentMobius
  • Like 2