Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Story Pack Feedback Thread!

[DE]Rebecca

5 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

I can't say I agree. For example, enough players had trouble with the Angels of the Zariman quest that the level needed to be dropped after only one day. And those were players who had to play the game to get there, who would have had all of the gear requirements met!

No, they had met the direct quest requirements, not necessarily the implicit gear "requirements". For example: You can play the Sacrifice with without a "real" amp iirc, but you're going to have a hard time doing it. Having an upgraded amp is an implicit requirement there.

16 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

A player that could pay to skip to that point will be even less prepared, even if they are given all of the same gear.

There's not much to prepare for except get better gear. If you're given a sufficiently good package of mods + weapons (I tried Stradavar + Akstiletto with basic damage + multishot, and 2x elementals), auto install can handle it well enough for the expected content level. The fundamentals of playing aren't complex either. Half the game is "kill this goon". Parkour isn't required at all effectively, it's only so you go faster.

29 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

Being handed a pile of stuff you haven't been taught isn't going to magically teach someone how to mod or which mods are important. Improving the NPE's modding tutorial would.

Yes, DE should add a better tutorial for that. You can do that alongside story skip though. It certainly helps to have those mods and the ability to rank them up immediately, just like this pack would potentially provide.

26 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

I'm not sure how you envision the pay to skip working? You pay money, get a bunch of stuff checked off, but still can't play the new content because a bunch of junctions and timegates are still in the way?

Whispers presumably requires access to Deimos, which only requires 2 Junctions with pretty mild requirements, neither of which have a timegate. With decent gear, it would be trivial to do quickly.

• Like 1

I don't mind either way, since it doesn't affect me, however adding a story skip may have the adverse effect to what you hope to happen.
The issue you're trying to resolve is complex and likely impossible, so don't think that a simple "story skip bundle in market" will solve anything, effort like that can't fix it.

When you have a linear story, the more you add to the end point, the bigger it gets. My sugestion is, instead of adding the story at the end, make it a branching path, something players can do without playing the lastest and greatest released a few months ago.
A story doesn't need operator, or a necramech, or a Railjack, or Drifter.
You can use existing content to simply tell more stories that do not connect to something later on, not everything needs to lead to the new war, the entrati family or to the orokin.
Make the world more lifelike, flesh it out, don't just add something at the very end.

Duviri already had the entire "you can start at duviri if you want", but now you guys want the same thing but feel unable to use the same strategy and as such the old mechanics are now haunting you as they are necessary to access new content.

Quests in particular are tutorials for the game, so you will not be doing a favor to anyone by making players skip content, they may play the new update, but they will feel confused on what to do, because the solo quests were supposed to teach them how to use operator for example, if you skip that the player will be disarmed and the feeling they get is not a pleasant one.

Players should play from the basics, if they like warframe they will continue and seek out more and more quests.
Inflating numbers short term will only cause issues down the line, you can do it sure, but i have seen the outcome in other games.

10 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I dunno. I'm not against DE making money. I have no reason to believe they'll suddenly turn into evil money grabbing devs.

DE isn't evil, but they certainly haven't taken criticism well in the past, a certain "Train Man" comes to mind in that regard. This debacle makes very little sense from a player perspective, and it strikes me as an act of financial stress rather than necessity. New players will be ill equip & ill informed to such a high degree if the progression skip goes beyond a certain point.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, (PSN)PickUpYourJelly said:

What if we can send new players a temporary copy of our loadouts to help them progress? 

This would be cool, kind of like the invigorations, but for new players. It would need some major limitations though as it could discourage game progression for new players.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, (PSN)IndianChiefJeff said:

DE isn't evil, but they certainly haven't taken criticism well in the past, a certain "Train Man" comes to mind in that regard. This debacle makes very little sense from a player perspective, and it strikes me as an act of financial stress rather than necessity. New players will be ill equip & ill informed to such a high degree if the progression skip goes beyond a certain point.

Yes... the Train Man has generally been right. and some of the core principles involved seem especially applicable to this topic. Choo-choo! For example, persistently creating and increasing a problem to sell an arbitrary solution for is generally not well-received.

• Like 2

I see a lot of people who feel that new players will only stay if they are invested in the story and that playing the quests is the only way to do that. (And some seem to not realize that the Story will still be presented, just differently?)

I want to point out that not everyone will care about the story even if they aren't given the option to experience it through a Story Pack instead of doing the quest. I played the game for years as a simple murder simulator. I played the game because I found it fun to play. It was 5 years later before I started doing quests and learned some of the lore.

Not everyone enjoys the game the same way or is looking for the same thing from it.

• Like 2

I don't think the issue for new players is having to play the Second Dream, War Within etc, it's that it takes them 100h to even get to The Second Dream in the first place. That can be helped by shortening the critical path through the star chart, or moving TSD/War Within etc earlier in the star chart.

Pay to get overwhelmed by 10 years of stacked up systems is not going to help. I'd argue it'll make many people bounce off even more. They need a good intro to those systems, just faster.

Edited by (NSW)Zodryn
  • Like 3

Ninja's play for free
all the amazing content that everyone has created yall just want them to pay to progress to the current content, this chaps my ass.
i remember when railjack came out it took a week to get the dam thing and now it's like a few hrs at best
necramech same thing, why just hand it to them?
change your advertising instead of the way the game is earned. if you have new content show it, but also show brief clips of the quests prior to get to to the current content so the newer players aren't as confused and frustrated when they get into it.
Or just have them play the main missions to get to the new content and skip all the side quests , regardless they gotta clear the star chart to get to all the new stuff, so it'll take time regardless of the issue you have for the new players and the vets.
it's almost impossible to balance this game of 10 years of content, look at it this way someone with 100 hrs you are comparing to someone with 5,000 hrs that's a rough gap to balance.

• Like 1

There might be a lot of repeating or stuff I could've shortened down by a lot here. Also a lot of terms that sound dramatic, but that's just the way I speak. I don't mean to exaggerate anything. Hope it's readable. Just felt compelled to speak my mind on the matter. I guess I somewhat summarize what I'm trying to say in the last part, complete with comparisons as Rebb Steve welcomed.

------------------------------------------------------------
Paraphrasing what Pablo said during the latest Devstream, "if I want to invite someone to play with during a new update, I have to get them into the game and go like "okay, now play hundreds of hours and then we can squad up". I get what you're getting at with this thought. Even though playtime until someone clear the path to the newest content may vary a bit, it does take time and I know that some players drop off during this period. Paying attention to the in-game chats and particularly the Warframe subreddit, you get clued into that this is an issue and it's nice to see you're on the ball.

However, by putting in an option to skip mainline quests, what you're effectively saying is that the thing that causes the hitches in progression is the story itself. This isn't true, and I don't think that's what you're going for either. The general cause of players giving up before they get to a certain point in the story is that they are either stuck/lost looking for a specific thing or worn out by the general grind. Which is surely what you're intending for people to be able to skip over, not the order of your story. Giving them the option to skip the story is giving them an unfair choice. It would be between committing to possibly spending a lot of time doing the same things over and over again to experience the story, or pay money to ruin the experience by skipping the story and placing themselves in a different place where they still have to commit to possibly spending a lot of time doing the same thing over and over again. I mean, that's the game and all. You do things a lot of times, because it's fun. But the reason it's fun isn't only because of the movement and gunplay, or only because of the shiny new golden walls and superior lighting engine. There's more to it.

Skipping the story is skipping the grind as well, but removes something players want to experience but can't bring themselves to. I.e. skipping the story is skipping the grind, but skipping the story is also skipping an experience that keeps a lot of players around long-term. One that you spend a lot of energy creating. And for those players who genuinely don't care about the story, they can blast right through it using the in-game market. They can just buy the gear they need and get on with the story, and then decide after the fact whether it meant anything to them. That solution continues to be good enough for the indefinite future. Discussing whether that's the right solution or not is still healthy. A step up is always a step up, and I could get behind the idea that there may be better ways of doing it. But taunting players with a choice to sacrifice experiencing the story the intended way to progress in the game, contrarily not because they have a problem with experiencing the story but because they don't want to spend hours of their lives doing something else than experiencing the story and progressing in the game? To me, that just doesn't seem like a valid solution.

Putting in a story-skip would be selling the story short to new players. Many would see the story-skip and think it's put there because the story is superfluous, just unnecessary to the experience of the game. They'll have no clue about it being put there in an attempt to retain newcomers. They'll just see that the devs themselves admit that the story is skippable. Do you want to reduce the game to that level? If you don't insert the story into the gameplay, it will be missed and reasons a lot of players still stick with the game won't be discovered by those players. I don't see that as a valid solution to the problem. It's a fix with the end goal to get more players to play the game for a bit and ignoring the same players having their reasons to stay spoiled by them ripping apart the story. A writer would cry if they knew someone opened their book and read from the middle to the front, then a bit in the back and some pages here and there. But people don't read a book like that, so it's not an issue. It's different with a game that lets the players loose to discover on their own. A story-skip would inevitably ruin the full game experience. Don't provide the option.

This is all like an identity crisis, where you don't know what the game should be focused towards. This despite the fact that you keep putting a lot of energy in developing the story and universe and create this beautiful thing that pulls so many in, and people constantly praising those parts. You still don't see what sets Warframe apart from other games of a similar style of gameplay or design. It's the lore and the world. You should absolutely take agency curating the experience for players. The page should turn where you mean for it to be turned. The quests don't take up an unreasonable amount of time at all. It's the other aspects of the game that, if anything, needs adjusting to streamline how players go through the motions.

To sum it up, you're not a fast food joint. And you're not a bougie fine-dining restaurant. You're a place people hear about through the grapevines, someone talking about them having a mindblowing food experience, and you have to book a table two months in advance and you get there and have to float in a sensory deprivation tank for an hour and then go sit down at a table in a garden with specifically shaped cutlery and plants that give off specific aroma, and have a normal meal that you could've had anywhere but now in this setting tastes like heaven. Warframe is a game with tried and true game concepts, but set together with thoughtful design and passionate storytelling and world building. To me, it's the way you set up the story and world that makes the normal gameplay feel good. Without going through the story, the game doesn't feel as good for as long as it can. It gives inspiration to play the different parts of the game.

• Like 2

不说别的,第一新手指引还那么差,跳过的人玩的明白吗,第二,方便恶劣2035玩家重生,一大批初始号即将到来,反正小号多的是,随便造? 第三,你自己否定你自己做过的精良剧情吗,你指望跳过剧情的玩家还会再打一遍?
总结 从长远看,降低用户黏性,大多数快餐玩家吃一顿就走,并且开小号极其方便,游戏环境会更加恶劣,总体寿命缩短
从短时间看,你短时间能捞到很多钱,前路全是未知数,你和国内大部分快餐式手游没啥区别,抄作业的话可以看看他们,大多数爆死,他们是流水线上的产品,你开发者也希望自己是流水线产品吗,该说的说了,我也玩了很久沃肥了,我不是很希望他从一个精良游戏转变成快餐游戏,

• Like 2

I've post a thread about streamlining mission (especially starchart nodes) before, but pay to skip some of the content up to New War will make new player confuse or less in understanding some of the story line. Why not make this player easily reach New War by cutting some of the prequisite node/quest. 

The path to New War can be summarize as Awakening → Vor's Prize → Once Awake → The Archwing → Stolen Dreams → The New Strange → Natah → The Second Dream → The War Within → Chains of Harrow → Apostasy Prologue → The Sacrifice → Prelude to War (Chimera Prologue → Erra → The Maker) → The New War.

We can streamline or merge those quest for example :

1. Awakening → Vor's Prize → Once Awake → The Archwing → Stolen Dreams can be short up to 4-5 mission (remove unnecessary node prequisite)

2. The New Strange → Natah → The Second Dream should just straight to 3 mission (no more scanning for chroma and sentient, remove unnecessary node prequisite just straight to Lua)

3. The War Within → Chains of Harrow → Apostasy Prologue can be sum up to 3-4 mission (No scanning Rell shadow)

4. The Sacrifice → Prelude to War (Chimera Prologue → Erra → The Maker) just reduce the sacrifice (again no more scanning for Umbra part or whatever Ballas notes) and only one mission to Transference/connect with Umbra in Lua.

As for the requirement for New War like Necramech and Railjack, just reduce the material/component. Remove some of the mission (another spy mission again?!!) for Railjack

Edited by BroDutt

4 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Where we are right now:
- Whispers in the Walls has a prerequisite of The New War to access it for narrative  & story reasons.
- While we remove grind and barriers with every Update to make the story more streamlined (and will continue this), players interested in accessing this new content day 1 must first complete 10 years of Warframe before they can dive in. This is a barrier to many people that we’re trying to provide options around. 

This is unnecessarily hyperbolic.  New players don't have to "complete 10 years of Warframe" to get into content at the end of the mainline quest.  Are they going to have to go back and use stamina?  Are they going to farm Orokin Towers?  Are they going to copter, super jump, bounce pad, or puddle?  A lot of the content in those 10 years of development got refined, changed, or just removed.  What's more, it doesn't take 10 years to get through it now, even from a blank slate.  Warframe content creators have made new accounts to refresh themselves on the new player experience and recorded the whole thing.

Does it take some time to get to the end of the main quest chain?  Yes.  But it should take time.  Just as each new chapter of the quest adds new story to the Warframe universe, it also adds new mechanics.  From The Awakening to The New War, players are introduced first to the base mechanics of the game, then Archwings, new Warframes, the Operator, Railjacks, and so on, culminating in a system-changing event and brand new mechanics and an entirely new game mode.

Through all of that, the players are learning parkour mechanics, what weapons do and how they work, how mods work (maybe), how to use the foundry, how farming works, where to go for more information, and so on.  Even leaving out all of the actual storyline revealed in that time, that's a lot of important stuff to skip!  Unless you want brand new players jumping past The New War with no idea about any of that, I would strongly recommend against offering a pay-to-skip option in this way.  And no, requiring Vor's Prize and giving them some mods doesn't come close to bringing them up to speed.  Not by a long shot.

In the first place, the players themselves will be lost in the story.  Unless you institute a clever in media res quest that is somehow understandable and navigable without any background information, they will flounder in terminology and struggle to grasp the plot.  Secondly, without any skills in or knowledge of the mechanics of the game, they will likely not fare well in the quest or its subsequent gameplay.  What's more, it will quickly become apparent to other players in public matches that one of these bottle-fed newbies is in the group.  Either they will be extremely low MR and it will be obvious before the mission even starts or they will be slow, die all the time, and be completely unhelpful and that will give it away quickly as well.  Either way, you can expect a quick social response as more experienced players shun them in groups.  At best, they'll only be shunned because they're too much hassle to carry.  At worst, the community will see this as a pay-to-win system for players who use money in place of experience and there will be outright resentment.

5 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Why are we even exploring this?
- Warframe has a decade of content to explore - this is a strength AND a weakness. 
- We treat this as a strength because we are prioritizing story content & quests that comes ‘after’ The New War. 
-This is a weakness because it can be a time investment that turns people away. A core ‘you can use Platinum to save time’ element is preserved in this approach.

If a time investment turns people away from your game, they aren't going to stay anyway.  This is not a casual "jump in and play for five minutes whenever you have time" card game; it's a long-term looter shooter grind with more than one sophisticated movement system, more than one gameplay loop, and many non-obvious systems and formulae. 

Also, the core "use plat to save time" element that you're referring to is not the same as the one you're proposing to implement.  What exists now is a way to spend platinum to either skip a time-gate (rush completion of something that's "cooking") or to skip one or two very specific grinds (buying items or packs from the market or site for plat).  The first skip is merely a way to get whatever you've already begun faster, and doesn't change gameplay significantly.  The second does skip some gameplay, but only the repetitive grind for that specific item (or those specific items).  What is being proposed is a way to skip an entirely new element (the story itself), and all of the skills and knowledge a player would be expected to gain while playing through it.  It's a horse of a different color.

Lastly, Warframe is hardly the first or only game to require the player to put in work to get to "endgame."  In fact, most games with any sort of progression do this (even including offline games).  Imagine you joined some friends to play an MMORPG you'd never played before.  Now imagine your friends have put hundreds of hours into building out their characters and learning how to play them and how to succeed in the game.  Lastly, I ask you to imagine that they load you up with gear and throw you into an end-game raid with them after you've just barely learned how the combat system works.  While it might be a pretty sight to watch, you know you're going to be watching it from the floor because you're going to spend most of that raid dead.  You will learn almost nothing, and the intricate mechanical interplay of the raid will be entirely lost on you.  Meanwhile, the gear your friends gave you will trivialize the content when you go back to soloing on Newbie Island where they plucked you from, making it harder to learn the lessons that content is meant to teach as well.

TL;DR: This isn't a "business as usual" pay-to-skip promotion; and this announcement shows that you already know that.  It's not a good idea as it is currently conceived.

However:

If you're looking for a way to implement this in a more constructive (and far less controversial) way, I do have a suggestion.  Allow us to link accounts, designating one as primary and all of the others as secondary.  In other words, your first account will be your "main" one, and all others will be considered "alts." Thereafter, offer this pay-to-skip promotion as an option only to secondary accounts, and only after the primary has completed The New War.  This would still allow you to create some revenue, would not waste any time the team might have already spent on this project, and would sidestep the issues I mentioned above.  What's more, it might be able to dovetail into the new cross-save system as well.  

• Like 3

Instead of straight up skipping the whole thing, I have 3 suggestions.

1) Make all the main quests streamlined into one and side quests separate. I have mentored many new players, and they always have 1 problem. They don't know what to do and where to go and end up doing side quests more than the main quest. eg : You don't need Glast Gambit, Limbo Theorem etc to get to New war. Give 2 options (like in Duviri Normal mode and Lone story) Highlight the Main quests one after the other and the other mode has only side quests like WF farming quests. If the main quest is linear, then it will significantly reduce the effort and time to get to the current timeline.

2) If there is a weapon or equipment requirement for a particular quest viz. the Paracesis for New War, then give a quest only version to the player. Including Necramechs and Railjacks etc. Once the quest is completed and the item disappears, Highlight the relevant quest required to get that item along with the market link to buy it for plat. And since the players have the experience of using it fresh in their mind, they'll be more interested to farm or buy it. This will definitely need some tweaking with the rewards as stuff, but you get the general idea.

3) Add a pity system for everything hard to farm. One complaint most common among new players is how they grind for hours and the item doesn't drop. We old players are numb to this by now and makes memes about it, but not the newbies. (This is a bit irrelevant to the original post, but it's a suggestion to keep new players hooked)

Warframe lore and story are one of the best I've ever seen/read. I want others to also enjoy it as well as we oldies did but with none of the hell grind that we had to go through.

Edited by Infernus3
  • Like 1

Pre-Disclosure: I am not criticizing/ putting the blame solely on the developers, Pablo and Rebbeca know their community well and would not make a decision like this, likely this push to monetize their game this way came from higher-ups. That being said while a lot of these potential monetization methods on the list are hyperbole, I think some of them are terrifyingly real with this new Pay-To-Skip feature in the works, but that'll be up to you to decide. 

That being said, let's put on our developer thinking caps and brainstorm some other ways we could monetize other redundant core features in the game. 

1. Pay to Automatically Unlock Relics | 5p base, and 2 added for every tier of refinement), this action can be performed from your relic station
  2. Pay to Autocomplete Missions on the StarChart | 20p for incomplete nodes, and 10 Platinum on complete nodes, side note we've also added a 500p bundle to instantly gain access to Steel Path
  3. Pay to Rank up Syndicates | You can now pay to rank up any syndicate to Max 25p/50p/75p/100p/125p respectively, a "Max All Syndicates" bundle has been added to the market for 625p
  4. Pay to Temporarily increase Mod Capacity/Slots | You can now pay 20p for 1 extra mod slot, and 3p per mod Point Capacity (at a made of 15 points or 45p), these buffs only last until login reset
  5. Pay to Unlock access to the Third Mission in Sorties/Archon Hunts
  6. Pay to add temporary resistance to Warframes | You can pay 25p to be completely immune to one resistance of your type for 10 missions
  7. Pay for Extra Lives in Game | Our beloved feature of paying for Revives for Warframes is now returning with 30p per revive outside the typical Max 6 you can get in-game
  8. Pay to increase Nightwave standing | Taking a tip from Bungie each rank costs 10p to rank up
  9. Pay to Decrease Pet Cooldown timer | Akin to the Genetic Stability/Loyalty mechanic removed years ago, you can pay 15p to increase your pet stats temporarily including their cooldown timer up to 50%
  10. Pay to Unlock Hemlith Abilities | Each Ability will cost 10p to unlock, Each rank up in health will cost 25p/50p/75p/100p/125p respectively (unless you have the Max All Syndicates Bundle), a "Unlock All Hemlith Abilities" has been added to the market for 425p
  11. Pay to create a color loadout | You can now create a custom color loadout for 20p per loadout, with a max of 5 loadouts possible
  12. Pay to Heal Defense/Rescue Targets | You can now pay 30p (in-game) to fully heal a defense/rescue target
  13. Pay to Pause Multiplay Sessions | You can now pay 15p to pause a multiplayer match for 5 minutes, added a cooldown for this option
  14. Pay to Autocollect Foundry Items | Pay 75p to have 12 hours of auto-collect coverage, this timer can be extended past 12 hours to a maximum of 144 hours
  15. Pay to have the game Play for you | You can now pay 150p to have the game play your loadout for you, for 30 minutes

• Like 5

As long as there's no "pay to do something essential" like you have to spend plat to enter a node that's normally accessible without expending anything, or having an energy system to do anything (dear god, if that happens i'm sure that would be a death knell of this game, no doubts about it), the game would just look ridiculous but still manageable.

And no dark patterns and easy accidental purchases too, but there's no sign of that in-game currently so that's good.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, trst said:

Pay to skip has been on the table literally since the game released.

Sure, and in certain ways, I disagree with how they've done it in the past, like Railjack for example, however, story missions are more core to the game, than just skipping to get a Warframe or weapon. At the same time while this decision to monetize Skipping the story now isn't the end of the world, it sets an extremely bad president for how other features are handled in the future.

I think it's not a good idea...

the story is a major feature of Warframe.

There is a Chinese saying, "Throw a watermelon and pick sesame seeds",  which means losing the greater for the less. We shouldn't do such a thing.

Allowing new players to experience the latest content too early can also make them confused about existing stories. We can reduce the burden and accelerate the storyline progression of new players.

For example, shortening the construction time of task items and reducing the complexity of certain item recipes.    : )

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Darkrya said:

Pre-Disclosure: I am not criticizing/ putting the blame solely on the developers, Pablo and Rebbeca know their community well and would not make a decision like this, likely this push to monetize their game this way came from higher-ups. That being said while a lot of these potential monetization methods on the list are hyperbole, I think some of them are terrifyingly real with this new Pay-To-Skip feature in the works, but that'll be up to you to decide. 

That being said, let's put on our developer thinking caps and brainstorm some other ways we could monetize other redundant core features in the game. 

1. Pay to Automatically Unlock Relics | 5p base, and 2 added for every tier of refinement), this action can be performed from your relic station
  2. Pay to Autocomplete Missions on the StarChart | 20p for incomplete nodes, and 10 Platinum on complete nodes, side note we've also added a 500p bundle to instantly gain access to Steel Path
  3. Pay to Rank up Syndicates | You can now pay to rank up any syndicate to Max 25p/50p/75p/100p/125p respectively, a "Max All Syndicates" bundle has been added to the market for 625p
  4. Pay to Temporarily increase Mod Capacity/Slots | You can now pay 20p for 1 extra mod slot, and 3p per mod Point Capacity (at a made of 15 points or 45p), these buffs only last until login reset
  5. Pay to Unlock access to the Third Mission in Sorties/Archon Hunts
  6. Pay to add temporary resistance to Warframes | You can pay 25p to be completely immune to one resistance of your type for 10 missions
  7. Pay for Extra Lives in Game | Our beloved feature of paying for Revives for Warframes is now returning with 30p per revive outside the typical Max 6 you can get in-game
  8. Pay to increase Nightwave standing | Taking a tip from Bungie each rank costs 10p to rank up
  9. Pay to Decrease Pet Cooldown timer | Akin to the Genetic Stability/Loyalty mechanic removed years ago, you can pay 15p to increase your pet stats temporarily including their cooldown timer up to 50%
  10. Pay to Unlock Hemlith Abilities | Each Ability will cost 10p to unlock, Each rank up in health will cost 25p/50p/75p/100p/125p respectively (unless you have the Max All Syndicates Bundle), a "Unlock All Hemlith Abilities" has been added to the market for 425p
  11. Pay to create a color loadout | You can now create a custom color loadout for 20p per loadout, with a max of 5 loadouts possible
  12. Pay to Heal Defense/Rescue Targets | You can now pay 30p (in-game) to fully heal a defense/rescue target
  13. Pay to Pause Multiplay Sessions | You can now pay 15p to pause a multiplayer match for 5 minutes, added a cooldown for this option
  14. Pay to Autocollect Foundry Items | Pay 75p to have 12 hours of auto-collect coverage, this timer can be extended past 12 hours to a maximum of 144 hours
  15. Pay to have the game Play for you | You can now pay 150p to have the game play your loadout for you, for 30 minutes

Dude, I'm going to be honest and say that your ideas are 1000x more predatory than DE's suggestion...so much so that I have to assume you're just be, well....human.

The pay-to-skip idea actually makes since. Warframe is a terrifyingly huge game, without the grind. They are not wrong about friends having to start raw while us seasoned players have to wait, and carry and teach and wait for them to never truly catch up. The quests will be there for them to take, and social media (and, honestly, the game's decade long history) has already spoiled the most powerful moments of some of the quests. Therefore, I think the option is a good one, but not the best one.

More importantly, I don't particularly like the angle the idea is being pushed towards by people. Like Reb said, a LOT of people are thinking emotionally...which is dangerous...but the team's open conversation was a smart and honest move that I don't think will be appreciated enough. Just simply draw up the scenario of your buddy wanting to get into the game and join you. What, truly, are their options?

• Like 5