The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let me "blacklist" specific Warframes. I don't want matchmaking with them.

(XBOX)CaligulaTwily

47 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Warframe wasn't always like this. They pushed for it from the start of AABC rotation.

As players become vets, most will optimize the fun out in pursuit of optimization. There's not much that can be done about it. People cry about time gates every time they do.

46 minutes ago, KitMeHarder said:

why not just make 2 different public queues? One for people who like a slow pace, who like to "smell the roses"

That's easy enough to communicate in recruiting. You can just put casual, exploring for X (like medallions), or elaborate further and get people that are going to take it easy.

20 minutes ago, Hobie-wan said:

That's easy enough to communicate in recruiting.

Easy, but massively time consuming. It's part of the reason why (at least on my old toaster PC), 5 years of prime access/unvaulting "shake'n'bake" almost broke me.

I don't really see my suggestion's downsides. And it will make the game more enjoyable for fast pace players too.

Edited by KitMeHarder
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, KitMeHarder said:

Easy, but massively time consuming. 

This

I will not use recruit chat, I dont have the time for that, not when it takes about the same amount of time to complete the mission as it takes to slowly type something out on the Xbox keyboard window

Edited by (XBOX)CaligulaTwily
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, KIREEK said:

Here are a few topics that you can read on the matter:

Never thought I'd see my thread from 2018 resurface, but I still stand by what I originally wrote.

If DE refuses to nerf nuke cheese frames which turn their horde shooter into a walking simulator for the rest of the team, they need to give players the option to not allow them to join. Playing solo isn't a viable option, especially in non-Steel Path where nonexistent enemy spawns negatively impact certain missions (ex. Survival and Excavation), and LFG chat is unreasonable if you're looking to do any random mission with a team as you'll be spending ungodly amounts of time looking and never getting any response. If anyone should be running these missions solo, in fact, it should be the nuke cheese frames since clearly they don't need teammates with them when they can clean out a map entirely on their own.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Hobie-wan said:

As players become vets, most will optimize the fun out in pursuit of optimization. There's not much that can be done about it. People cry about time gates every time they do.

Time gates encourage optimization. Not discourage it.
They hit you with a limit goal that you can only meet it on their schedule and terms, not yours. How would you proceed?

If there was no AABC rotation and any round had a chance to drop what you need. How long would you stay?
The answer would likely be until you felt like leaving, got your item or farming efficiency started to drop. No other terms are set.

They made the rule set, they designed the limitations. This isn't player created min/max optimization. It's Dev made.
Which is why I find it funny there was mention of the repercussions despite many warnings.

Now people like OP want to blacklist players for picking their preferred method of play because it doesn't follow those tracks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (PSN)BAM-BAM-73 said:

DE have mentioned that the "player spawns in, teammates rush off and complete the mission before the newer player or non-meta frame gets to contribute" is bad for the game.

I tend to agree. In not aware of a one size fits all solution though.

That has nothing at all to do with Warframe choice, you can make someone experienced use what ever you consider to be the worst Warframe and you'll get the same result.

It's also funny to hate on Wukong while pretending to care about new players, when Cloud Walker is the best equalizer to the alleged problem. The inequality comes from how Warframe's mobility works.

Been playing solo since nidus so i understand the sentiment

Not a maxer so I rarely do steel path but i hit 40-60 mins in all normal survivals even though they've made air placement absolute hell due to camping complainers who wanted to run 5 rooms away from the group but not play solo smh

A deeper solution is profile configuration where you set preferences (i.e. playstyle, mission length, liked/disliked frames) that a.i. can match. That could also lead to more qol in recruited groups, giving reccomendations based on chosen gear or mods vs other items in the arsenal, etc.

18 hours ago, (XBOX)CaligulaTwily said:

Wukong, Titania

Limbo

I want to put these frames on a "black list" so that I don't show up in their squad, and so that they don't show up in my squad.

These Frames, or the players using them, somehow find ways to muck up the mission so it's uncompletable (Rushing the exit on "Destroy Culverin Weakpoints" making enemies stop spawning) or just making the mission Not Fun. 

I hate Wukong. They Rush and muck up missions.

Titania rushes + turns the game into a Parkour or Walking Simulator 

I hate Wukong.

I absolutely Hate Limbo, either putting bubbles on mobile defense or Sabotage targets (or others) making the things uninteractable, or freezing everything so missions Take Forever. tho it's been a while since that happened, I still hate Limbo tho.

I hate Wukong.

Well sorry spending 10 minutes looking for 8 items across a massive map is a little too slow for me.

Frankly, if the game could just stop teaming me with other Saryns during the rare times I play her, I'd be satisfied.

DE could also maybe make it so different spores didn't interfere with each other as hard. That would be cool, too.

22 hours ago, (XBOX)CaligulaTwily said:

slowly type something out on the Xbox keyboard window

Get a cheap keyboard from Craigslist, Goodwill, or Five Below. Even if it's not something you'd want to type a long paper up on, it'll be way better then using an on-screen one.

I made a similar thread about this a long while ago. I share some of OP's sentiments. Public games right now are a wild west with no way of control for the host. If DE can't be bothered to implement a full-on blacklist system, at the very least they can implement some sort of "play-style" matchmaking parameter that players choose from to help mitigate casuals getting matched with "meta-slaves". This is like what @KitMeHarder proposes.

In the proposed UI, matchmaking has two buttons :

• The existing button gives the options we have now: Public, Friends Only, Invite Only, and Solo.
  • A new button that defines your preferred playstyle: Relaxed and fast-paced. 

The matchmaking systems take this new parameter into account to matchmake players. Players with the "Relaxed" playstyle will only be grouped with other "relaxed" players while the players with the "fast-paced" playstyle will only be grouped with other "fast-paced" players. This will hugely improve the public experience because people are more likely to be matched with people who have similar goals in mind, thus encouraging cooperation. Fast-paced players who are sensitive to mission completion times won't be upset because some relaxed players want to appreciate the game's scenery thus wasting their time. On the other hand, relaxed players won't have their precious moments stolen because their fast-paced teammates want the mission to be completed as soon as possible.

Blacklisting as a solution is out of discussion. There are only 2 possible iterations and both do not work.

1. Player A hosts a game and loads his blacklist. When Player B joins, his blacklist options would add to already existing blacklist parameters. Same would happen for Player C. For player D to join said session he would need to pass 4 blacklists - the ones from players A, B, C and his own blacklist in case any of those players use a Frame player D has on a blacklist himself.
    Depending on how many entries you think should be on a blacklist you can bann almost half of WF roster if you allow as low as 5 entries. It is plausible outcome that many squads would not fill up, as it happens today often enough without any filter at work. Or that Limbo players would be set to solo by default.
  2. Only hosts blacklist is taken into cosidderation. Then a blacklist is not working for 3/4 of the squad and is de facto useless.

A real solution would be a propper ingame group finder. Not whatever monstrosity Recruit Chat is.

Edited by ShortCat
  • Like 2

Yeah, no... DE have asked the simple question of 'Why would we ever want any players to be able to black-list a frame?'

In response to every request ever.

They basically pretend they don't understand that players wouldn't want to play with another frame, no matter how annoying that frame is.

The most they'll ever do is re-work the specific frame.

Never, ever, ever will they allow us to black-list.

10 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

Public games right now are a wild west with no way of control for the host.

They've always been like that. Maybe it seems worse now because different platforms had evolved slightly different accepted norms before being put together or it's the problems with vastly different loading times causing missions to be more wonky from the start. But even now, you can't control people. Having an easy way to indicate what someone intends to do can help, but also people with the patience to use recruiting and type actual sentences instead of slang fulled shorthand while indicating their intention to take their time on a mission is a good indicator they will actually do so.

Well, I'm going to disagree on principle. BUT, I sympathize. Anytime I queue with a Vauban - nope, I'm outta there. I just can't handle that frame sucking the fun out of everything. If a blacklist existed, that is legit the only frame I would have on it. I absolutely detest Vauban, I can't believe DE lets that **** happen.

Speed runners and speed nukers are very real problems in non-SP missions, pretty sure everyone can agree with that. In SP I don't notice it as much and I wouldn't even classify it as a problem there, and I think this is because the TTK is high enough that speed nuking is less common (it can still happen but it's rare - alas probably not for much longer due to power creep).

Limbo is a special beast. In the right setting he's an fantastic asset, but most of the time he's just annoying.

So I think some of the issues here are with frame ability kits and making those better (Vauban/ Limbo) while other things are mission and difficulty problems (speed nukes & capture / rescue/exterminate).

Two of the biggest flaws of warframe: out-dated kits and out-dated/poorly designed mission modes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CrownOfShadows said:

Vauban

He's most effective on missions where you're defending stuff in one area. Even one with the biggest range isn't going to cover the whole map unless perhaps you're on Hydron and someone had +300% range on Helminth that week. Go kill stuff around the periphery.

Thread still on, yet no one's talked about weapons.

"Oh no, that frame can nuke level 1-20 with a single button press."

Meanwhile : Torid Incarnon

"Wanna see me do it on SP level cap?"

You COULD add an option for newer tenno that lets them be matchmade only with people being MR 0-15, that way it's less likely they get their fun pulverized by someone just casually taking a fart on a horde of grineers and leaves them time to figure out their stuff. But by that MR 15, you're kind of expected to have some idea on how to be good at the video game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fred_Avant_2019 said:

You COULD add an option for newer tenno that lets them be matchmade only with people being MR 0-15

I believe this actually already exists and functions internally to a degree - matchmaking uses some ELO calculation per session (logs state "eloRating" & "enforceELO"), based on a bunch of things (MR being one of them I assume). I've noticed I very rarely get matchmade with anyone under MR20 being at LR1, even running very popular missions that should have a wide pool of players at all mastery ranks available (including ones that may be close to me ping-wise), though I honestly can't say for certain how their matchmaker truly works as it's not documented extensively and I can mostly make assumptions based on how others work / it should work. So, not a strictly enforced rule or toggle like this, but it should attempt to match players of similar skill level / mastery together I presume.