Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Another disgusting "wall" that players have to endure. . .

2 hours ago, Prostreet150 said:

K-Drive = good concept

So how long have you mained Yareli?

Joking aside, necramechs have always been relatively popular between Voidrig's ability to magically transform anything into a char mark on the floor and Bonewidow being able to yeet things into low orbit.

In fact, I challenge you to try to frown while using Voidrig's fourth ability.  It can't be done.

• Like 1

Necramechs are cool, not that I use one much anymore. You can buy one if you think the grind is miserable (it's not anymore), so the few bucks to DE for plat is reasonable. They also gave you a way to bypass the grind by trading, so you do have options. If you just have to grind everything, then you're in for a lot of hurt.

Speaking of random non-Warframe side content DE has added to mixed results, I'm honestly surprised DE hasn't made a card game of some sort yet.

Nothing is truly complete without card games...possibly on motorcycles, and before some wiseass says "Mods are cards" I'd say they are only in the simplest definition, I'm talking a full on Triple Triad like card game.

4 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Speaking of random non-Warframe side content DE has added to mixed results, I'm honestly surprised DE hasn't made a card game of some sort yet.

Nothing is truly complete without card games...possibly on motorcycles, and before some wiseass says "Mods are cards" I'd say they are only in the simplest definition, I'm talking a full on Triple Triad like card game.

Don't give DE any ideas. I don't want to play some card game just to get mods or gear. I rather have our companion fight each other for loot.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ominumi said:

Don't give DE any ideas. I don't want to play some card game just to get mods or gear. I rather have our companion fight each other for loot.

If anything it would probably just be something thrown into the Ludoplex to gather dust rather than a progression thing.

I don't get it.

If there's a part of the game you don't like so much you can't bear to farm the goods out directly, then

1. Play the parts of the game that you do like
  2. Sell off the excess for plat
  3. Use the plat to buy the stuff from the game you simply can't endure

If you actually enjoy k-drive, for example, as a k-drive mod seller let me tell you that domain is quite profitable.  It's takes me about 5min to fill over 30k standing per day, which equates to about 50p worth of goods (i.e. 10p per minute).  This means you could afford the necramech that is so daunting to you by doing 35 minutes of things you enjoy--and that's buying directly from Warframe's market instead of buying parts cheaper from other players and building them (which is about 80-100p and equates to roughly 10 minutes of gameplay doing things you enjoy).

Plat is the Great Equalizer.

• Like 2

It seems all of the Tenno are confusing “concepts” with “executions.” I personally believe all of the concepts were great, but most of their executions were poor. Not to mention those concepts were left executed through death by bugs. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Prostreet150 said:

Archwing = good concept

K-Drive = good concept

Railjack = good concept

Necramech = bad concept

I came back to the game only to find myself not being able to progress any further, unless i chore myself with content i do not like. I started playing this game 8 years ago and i've seen many changes. Some where for the better and some where for the worse.

Everything that i have be it Archwing, K-Drive, Railjack, Operator school, Frames, Primary, Secondary, Melee, Pet is maxed.

With that being said i cannot progress the story in order to unlock the Tenokai, the Melee Arcanes, Archon mods and more, unless i farm and build a Necramech that i don't like. . .seriusly? They are nothing more than some ugly looking "crappy" machines and you forcing them to us down the throat if we want to progress the game. Not only that but the price to buy them from the market is 375 platinum, ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND>? First you remove Channeling from the game now this BS?

Instead of making the Operator more powerful in order to be able to story wise beat the Sentinels, you nerf his abillities in gameplay and develop a thrash can called Necramech in order to compensate or something? It is disappointing. 

I disagree about K-drives and archwing, but that's neither here or there, we all have different tastes at the end of the day.

I'm sorry to hear you don't like the mechs, but they definitely aren't trash, (at least Voidrig isn't. Bonewidow could definitely use some tweaks though), while they do move slower they are desihned to be durable and good at bringing firepower, and when properly modded they do.

The grind to get them was reduced and is not as bad as you might think. Parts are also tradeable IIRC so all you need to get yourself is the deimos resources for the crafting. 

If that's still not to your liking, well.. It's the way DE wants it to be and they likely won't change it, so i guess your options are to farm for the mech, buy a mech or quit warframe. If you do decide to farm then good luck with your drops, and if you leave, then i hope you find a game more to your liking.

4 hours ago, -Krism- said:

I used your own words against you, deal with it

Stelle-Smug.png

Also, you can buy mech parts from Loid

Another thing: dunno if you noticed, but the game is free; farm or buy, you don't even need to be the one spending money, trade plat with people & buy it that way

Love seeing Stelle everywhere I go 
Nostalgic

Mechs take a few days at most to get with the biggest "wall" there being rank 3 in Deimos and rank 1 in Necraloid. There's effectively zero mandatory RNG in getting a mech and the "grind" is one that nets you access to a whole slew of content just from Deimos alone. If anyone finds this process to be a chore then I don't know how they played the game long enough to reach the point of needing it for New War.

Really the only issue here is that Necraloid is tucked away in Deimos where most players end up not knowing it's there in the first place.

Edited by trst
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Olphus said:

because people don't know how to use it effectively. No it won't nuke a 50 sqm area with every shot, but it'll one any anything in your path

That;'s not really my issue. It misses a lot.

I like Bone Widows since if you rotate skills well it pretty much can't die but missing with a giant mech sword makes me sad.

6 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

That;'s not really my issue. It misses a lot.

I like Bone Widows since if you rotate skills well it pretty much can't die but missing with a giant mech sword makes me sad.

that's what i mean, most people don't know that when IronBride is equipped, the damage applies to you shoulder charge/sprint. You can hit everything in a good radius in front of you for full exalted damage, while staying fully mobile.

5 minutes ago, Olphus said:

that's what i mean, most people don't know that when IronBride is equipped, the damage applies to you shoulder charge/sprint. You can hit everything in a good radius in front of you for full exalted damage, while staying fully mobile.

I knew the shield angle expanded but didn't know about the ramming bonus. Thanks.

I still do wish the sword itself had a better hitbox.

BMuvMQW.gif

You don't like the grind? Pay up the plat! Don't want to spend your hard earned money? Pay with your time through trading for the plat by selling valuable items from content you find enjoy playing!

You can't expect to like everything in Warframe because DE always cater to different people in each new content addition. 

In Warframe, you either pay with your time or your money.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sly_squash said:

I don't get it.

If there's a part of the game you don't like so much you can't bear to farm the goods out directly, then

1. Play the parts of the game that you do like
  2. Sell off the excess for plat
  3. Use the plat to buy the stuff from the game you simply can't endure

If you actually enjoy k-drive, for example, as a k-drive mod seller let me tell you that domain is quite profitable.  It's takes me about 5min to fill over 30k standing per day, which equates to about 50p worth of goods (i.e. 10p per minute).  This means you could afford the necramech that is so daunting to you by doing 35 minutes of things you enjoy--and that's buying directly from Warframe's market instead of buying parts cheaper from other players and building them (which is about 80-100p and equates to roughly 10 minutes of gameplay doing things you enjoy).

Plat is the Great Equalizer.

Oh trust me if i could i would have bought the stuff.

Too bad i am not allowed to equip certain items like Melee arcanes, unless i craft a Necramech and progress the story.

They made Necramechs a core mechanic and tied it behind the story, this is what i am criticizing over here.

Let's say that i build a Necramech just to finish the story and progress the game, who says that they won't make Necramech a requirement for the future quests / star chart missions etc.? I don't even want to have that thing in my inventory, i don't like how it looks nor how it plays.

People are free to like them but in the past nobody forced you to kill Eidolons, nobody forced you to kill Profit Taker, nobody forced you to build a K-Drive. They were side gimmicks, not core gameplay mechanics. You could just use plat to buy the operator arcanes or the mods.

Edited by Prostreet150

4 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

I disagree about K-drives and archwing, but that's neither here or there, we all have different tastes at the end of the day.

I'm sorry to hear you don't like the mechs, but they definitely aren't trash, (at least Voidrig isn't. Bonewidow could definitely use some tweaks though), while they do move slower they are desihned to be durable and good at bringing firepower, and when properly modded they do.

The grind to get them was reduced and is not as bad as you might think. Parts are also tradeable IIRC so all you need to get yourself is the deimos resources for the crafting. 

If that's still not to your liking, well.. It's the way DE wants it to be and they likely won't change it, so i guess your options are to farm for the mech, buy a mech or quit warframe. If you do decide to farm then good luck with your drops, and if you leave, then i hope you find a game more to your liking.

I wouldn't go as far as to say the Mechs are trash, but good lord their kits are half-baked.

50% of each mechs kit is just not worth casting, partly because they have abysmal scaling, and partly because they just function in an obtuse way. Voidrigs Necramines function more like a shotgun with tiny range and Bonewidows' Firing Line applies Lifted since we all love ragdoll physics.

That's just barely scratching the surface, but mechs are in a really weird spot right now for sure.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Prostreet150 said:

Archwing = good concept

K-Drive = good concept

Railjack = good concept

Necramech = bad concept

I came back to the game only to find myself not being able to progress any further, unless i chore myself with content i do not like. I started playing this game 8 years ago and i've seen many changes. Some where for the better and some where for the worse.

Everything that i have be it Archwing, K-Drive, Railjack, Operator school, Frames, Primary, Secondary, Melee, Pet is maxed.

With that being said i cannot progress the story in order to unlock the Tenokai, the Melee Arcanes, Archon mods and more, unless i farm and build a Necramech that i don't like. . .seriusly? They are nothing more than some ugly looking "crappy" machines and you forcing them to us down the throat if we want to progress the game. Not only that but the price to buy them from the market is 375 platinum, ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND>? First you remove Channeling from the game now this BS?

Instead of making the Operator more powerful in order to be able to story wise beat the Sentinels, you nerf his abillities in gameplay and develop a thrash can called Necramech in order to compensate or something? It is disappointing. 

They're all bad concepts, imo. All ways DE tried to be "unique" to get around doing flyable, fightable space ships and normal ground transportation. That said, this is the content Warframe has and DE isn't changing it, so you gotta do what you gotta do. Farm some Primes, try to sell them, then buy the Necramech. Or, buy plat outright and get it.

Edited by OniDax