Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question to Founders

Context for those peeking in who don't know:

Spoiler

Back at the end of 2012 and throughout 2013, there was something called The Founders Program, which was sort of a prototype Prime Access with extra benefits. As part of the incentives to join the program at higher tiers, DE created the first ever Prime equipment: the legendary Excalibur Prime, Lato Prime, and Skana Prime. After the program ended, DE stated on multiple occasions that they would never release Excal, Lato, and Skana Primes outside the Founders program; and have kept that promise for over a decade. And before anyone brings up "The Contract", that's been proven a myth; and I won't believe that unless you provide actual evidence.

Many Founders have gone AWOL and never returned, for multiple reasons. Many of those accounts still have the original Primes in their inventories. My question to any remaining Founders is:
In the highly improbable event that DE were to release the original Primes to the larger public, would you be okay with that, and how would you prefer it to be done? And this is strictly talking about the items, and not the other perks.
IF they ever did it, I could see it as a raffle where X amount of people (with X = inactive Founders) are picked at random from a pool of entrants. I could see the bundle being something only dusted off once every TennoCon season, either as a contest prize, an extremely rare Twitch Drop, or an extremely rare Twitch Giveaway.
And considering we already have Excalibur Umbra (whose stats are exactly equal to ExcalPrime), they could only re-release Lato and Skana Prime with the above conditions, just so we could have the full Prime Braton-Lato-Skana set available to the public.

• Like 1

I'm no founder but legit the only way I could ever, ever, see founder stuff be available for everyone is if the game has a set date for a shutdown, meaning the game will end, no more Warframe. So they just give it to everyone while the game still has time left.

Otherwise it's never returning.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Genitive said:

They won't release the founder items again.

You obviously didn't read. Get out of my thread if you're not actually going to read it.

28 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

I'm no founder but legit the only way I could ever, ever, see founder stuff be available for everyone is if the game has a set date for a shutdown, meaning the game will end, no more Warframe. So they just give it to everyone while the game still has time left.

Otherwise it's never returning.

That'd be a jerk move, especially for DE.

• Like 2

I have a question for time travellers. 

Lets say that hypothetically, the question I am about to ask, has been asked to death so many times, that all horses have gone extinct. That every time I have seen it asked, the thread has been locked within the day. No matter how creative or uniquely framed, a person asking the question, believes they are being, to stand out from all the literally hundreds of threads, that have been locked, for asking, essentially the same question, just dressed differently. Not disguised thread or questions... really, trust me, just dressed differently. The "I am Not Like Other Excalibur Prime thread" type of Pick Me. Lets say hypothetically, you can time travel... how far into the future do you have to go, before you find a way, to travel back in the past, so I can have Founders item gear? 

For the record. I am not asking for those items, because I know other people have asked 12, 786, 865, 875, 276 times... and so that would be silly of me, haha... but wait, wait... My question is for time travellers. Its totally different. I mean, its not even really related, so if you lock this thread... well its like racism to time travellers really? When you really think about it? Do we really want to make an enemy of time travellers? 

So what do y'all think? Excalibur Prime, Lato Prime and Skana Prime for Warframe's 11th Anniversary? Would be really fitting when you think about it, and we just need conformation from time travellers that this will happen. 

• Like 13

8 minutes ago, Gamer_Auto said:

You obviously didn't read. Get out of my thread if you're not actually going to read it.

I don’t know about that one

Seems you wanted items from the founder pack to become available 

32 minutes ago, Gamer_Auto said:

And considering we already have Excalibur Umbra (whose stats are exactly equal to ExcalPrime), they could only re-release Lato and Skana Prime with the above conditions, just so we could have the full Prime Braton-Lato-Skana set available to the public.

And if you dare to say “nuh uh” tada

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Gamer_Auto said:

I did read it. The items are not returning, no matter how many times you plead. Which is what this thread is, a "please bring back the founder items" in disguise.

• Like 19

3 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

I have a question for time travellers.

Don't be a jackass.

Just now, Aruquae said:

I don’t know about that one

Seems you wanted items from the founder pack to become available 

Part of me does, yes. I can't stand having those Codex Entries visible but being unable to fill them. And I know it's pie-in-the-sky thinking. But in the event they were, then not as a regular Prime Access. It would need to be special, like the way I suggested in the damn top post. If you're not going to actually read and take part in the conversation, then get the hell out.

Just now, Genitive said:

I did read it. The items are not returning, no matter how many times you plead. Which is what this thread is, a "please bring back the founder items" in disguise.

It's not. It's a question to Founders, to get their input on a hypothetical. You're just here to be a jackass. Leave.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gamer_Auto said:

It's not. It's a question to Founders, to get their input on a hypothetical. You're just here to be a jackass. Leave.

You don't get to dictate where I post. If you have a problem, the ignore button is right there.

• Like 15

Just now, Gamer_Auto said:

Don't be a jackass.

If you were bothered or felt offended on any level, even if remote, by sincerest apologies. Nothing personal was meant, its just my silly humour. 

If you need a more empathetic message, this topic has been done to death, even when people attempt to put a spin on it, it usually gets locked. Telling people "to get out of your thread" for not reading when you also say "Part of me does, yes. I can't stand having those Codex Entries visible but being unable to fill them. And I know it's pie-in-the-sky thinking." is affirming what the other user was getting at. 

What you wrote here? Its far more transparent and sincere, and its totally valid and okay if you feel that way... but a lot of us are tired of the song and dance people try to disguise that. Lots of people are frustrated for lots of reason, some might actually have legit OCD and completionist tendencies. Some people may have only been 5 when such offers were made, and find it unfair, but we also all get that too. Some like myself even sympathise, but its a dead topic that gets beaten so often, its the number one most locked/repeated thread in the Forums. 

Again, sincerely sympathise but also... Please realise how done to death this topic is. Not for my sake. I personally don't care, but legitimately for your own, because such threads tend to be locked, there isn't much discussion potential. You spend time writing your OP and it gets locked, well thats probably frustrating too. 

Again, my apologies if my sarcasm/humour seemed unnecessary. Take care. 

• Like 7

il y a 37 minutes, Gamer_Auto a dit :

In the highly improbable event that DE were to release the original Primes to the larger public, would you be okay with that, and how would you prefer it to be done? And this is strictly talking about the items, and not the other perks.

They already stated many times that they won't, and that this statement is final.

But as far as I'm concerned, I'd be totally okay with it; in fact, I think the game would be more complete and sane with all playable items being available to everyone.

I would keep it simple: farmable relics in Varzia's rotations, and normal drops like all other Primes.

For us Founders: full purely cosmetic collection as a compensation, to display our special investment on more equipments without being locked on items that we don't use that often.

But again, this is pure fantasy ^^

• Like 4

DE said the Founder's items would never return.  So if DE ever went back on that promise, that would mean breaking their word to the players who supported them when they needed it the most.  Even as someone who isn't a Founder myself, that would be a terrible look, and that would compromise my ability to trust DE's word.

If every single Founder without exception begged DE to release their exclusive items to the general public, then maybe, maybe it could be seen as reasonable for DE to go back on their word.  But any sensible person can understand that that's not going to happen.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Gamer_Auto said:

Semi-yes, because we already have Umbra to make up for it. Just give me an Umbra Lato based on the prime's model and I'll be satisfied.

In the highly improbable event that DE were to release the original Primes to the larger public

Its not Highly Improbable, its literally never ever going to happen, they are legally bound from releasing any of the Founder Exclusives again.

would you be okay with that

I wouldnt, i took a gamble when supporting the game early on and the Founder exclusives are my recognition of that gamble.

IF they ever did it, I could see it as a raffle where X amount of people (with X = inactive Founders) are picked at random from a pool of entrants. I could see the bundle being something only dusted off once every TennoCon season, either as a contest prize, an extremely rare Twitch Drop, or an extremely rare Twitch Giveaway.

I would be against it, the Founders items would still be scarce in the community and this would instill anger into members who didnt get them in said raffles/prizes/giveaways and against those who did.

I dont know if you know but there are groups of Founder Haters in the community.

Edited by BiancaRoughfin
  • Like 4

Reveal hidden contents

Back at the end of 2012 and throughout 2013, there was something called The Founders Program, which was sort of a prototype Prime Access with extra benefits. As part of the incentives to join the program at higher tiers, DE created the first ever Prime equipment: the legendary Excalibur Prime, Lato Prime, and Skana Prime. After the program ended, DE stated on multiple occasions that they would never release Excal, Lato, and Skana Primes outside the Founders program; and have kept that promise for over a decade. And before anyone brings up "The Contract", that's been proven a myth; and I won't believe that unless you provide actual evidence.

Many Founders have gone AWOL and never returned, for multiple reasons. Many of those accounts still have the original Primes in their inventories. My question to any remaining Founders is:

I think they'd fix Excalibur Umbra before releasing Excalibur Prime to the public, effectively allowing people to disable his sentient passive and make him a simply better Excalibur Prime with that simple change.

Skana Prime is worthless post Duviri, since both Prisma Skana and regular Skana get so dramatically better evos than Prime that its effectively a meme at this point.

Lato Prime I doubt is that great, but I haven't bothered to pay attention and I don't see whiney rage videos about people complaining about how OP it is. Even then, there's several amazing Incarnon pistols already, so it would be like debating with OP Incarnon pistol 1 shot enemies faster.

This whole discussion comes up over and over, but Duviri's Incarnon adapter balancing really sealed the deal for their lack of utility, even for someone like me who kind of wished I spent the extra $50 for the Skana Prime back then but didn't. Once Incarnon adapters came out, that desire is basically dead, since I'd be gimping myself with a less useful weapon compared to Prisma Skana (which I use in my main build as a stat stick and melee weapon, mind you, with no firearms equipped).

Excalibur Prime though is dramatically better than Excalibur Umbra now a days, since Umbra's Sentience passive breaks a lot of necessary mechanics in min-maxed Excalibur builds. I do have builds where this doesn't matter as much and is mostly inconvenient, but the best of the best ones its a pretty major problem for higher end content.

An important point to make though, I doubt there's anyone else in LR rank in the game with >60% usage of any version of Excalibur, so whether or not Excalibur Prime is more powerful or not, people just simply don't play Excalibur Umbra or normal over other warframes with a lot better kits in 2024. Those kits are beyond necessary for SP, which Umbra does a great job with and has built in Umbra polarities to health tank with. I'm just a creature of habit who finds what I like in this kind of game and sticks to it. That's in almost any game I play, so Warframe is no different.

• Like 1

I'm getting such a chuckle out of watching the OP ask a question they know is going to be called out as the thinly-veiled 'I want the Founders' Pack items' thread it is, then get all defensive and angry at the people who do.

It's such an emblematic thread on the topic of these things, and I'm just humming the tune before a mod can come in and shut the discussion down, because it's non-productive, repetitive and doesn't even take the jokes that were inevitable.

• Like 14

15 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Its not Highly Improbable, its literally never ever going to happen, they are legally bound from releasing any of the Founder Exclusives again.

I wouldnt, i took a gamble when supporting the game early on and the Founder exclusives are my recognition of that gamble.

I would be against it, the Founders items would still scarce in the community and this would instill anger into members who didnt get them in said raffles/prizes/giveaways and against those who did.

They'd probably have to compensate us financially if they ever did, since it was marketed as a limited time purchase. They could simply reimburse any still playing founders for the whole value of the pack they purchased, so we'd get it for free while other people have to pay. Otherwise, I could see a class action lawsuit of they ever did re-release it.

Either way, I think DE has shown themselves to be an above average studio on holding their promises and supporting their game. I really doubt they'd ever do it. I do wish they'd just make Excalibur Umbra effectively equivalent by providing an option to disable the sentience passive.

I could see it being as simple as a Exilus mod, which would be a more than acceptable compromise. Regular Excalibur just doesn't cut in since WitW added Violet shards, something regular Excalibur can't run 5x of since his base energy isn't high enough to reach 500 without an Azure shard. 

• Like 4

Part of me does, yes. I can't stand having those Codex Entries visible but being unable to fill them. And I know it's pie-in-the-sky thinking. But in the event they were, then not as a regular Prime Access. It would need to be special, like the way I suggested in the damn top post. If you're not going to actually read and take part in the conversation, then get the hell out.

Lol, this is an odd post, a discussion post with OP not wanting a discussion

Plenty of people have stated this is impossible, legal binds exist. No one can bring them back without severing several contracts made in the past. No matter how much you want it, it won't return. 
Sorry fellow Tenno

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gamer_Auto said:

They won't, though. This question has been asked a million times. It's so bad that there is a policy for moderators to just lock threads like this.

You can say you're "just asking questions," but in the end whatever the answer to that question is doesn't matter. The thread is just spam.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Gamer_Auto said:

Reveal hidden contents

They legally cannot release the items.

If memory serves me correct. The founders agreement is a legally binding contract. Something that DE has admitted they will not do again for this very reason. As they can legally never release the items.

So the situation isn't improbable It's impossible.

It doesn't matter what the Founders think about the issue. The fact is that DE sold them under the condition that they'll never return. And if DE went back on that it opens them up to potential legal issues but absolutely kills trust players have in what DE says.

Like it literally would make no difference if DE dragged in every single Founder and every one of them said it was fine to sell it again. It'd still be DE going against what they advertised and promised.

• Like 7