The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe rank according to this casual-core veteran.

Posted (edited)

5k hours played but never level-capped.

Bored.

Not asking for a nerf per se, but you know what happens to something that's too popular.

Do you agree or disagree? Either way come at me, bro.

Rank S (busted, next in line for nerf)            
Revenant                  

Rank A (strong, multiple tools: AoE damage, crowd control, enemy debuff, energy economy, etc)
Baruuk Citrine Dagath Dante Ember Excalibur Frost Gara Garuda  
Gauss Hildryn Hydroid Khora Kullervo Mag Mesa Mirage Nekros  
Nezha Nova Octavia Protea Rhino Saryn Styanax Titania Trinity  
Volt Voruna Wisp Xaku Zephyr          

Rank B  (servicible / niche, one or two good abilities)        
Ash Atlas Banshee Chroma Equinox Grendel Gyre Harrow Inaros  
Ivara Lavos Loki Qorvex Sevagoth Vauban Wukong Yarelli    

Rank C (clunky and/or out-of-date kits)          
Nidus Nyx Oberon Valkyr            

Rank D (dire, needs a rework / rebalance)          
Caliban Limbo                
Edited by (PSN)Magician_NG
updated list
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mazifet said:

I would move Limbo to c tier.

He's clunky, but very capable if you know his kit.

Fair enough.

I think my only complaint is his passive. I tend to roll...a lot. So popping in and out of the rift so often is a tad annoying. Also, an eximus unit's disregard for cataclysm makes Limbo a bad option for so much of WF's content. Especially for a frame who should be a better master of time and space than Protea is.

No words there's some spicy stuff there, the only thing I'll say is that Rev is a one trick pony, he's invincible and that's it, not worthy of a nerf or S rank.

Also if you're gonna put Nezha on A then Yareli should be there as well, they're very similar and I would say Yareli offers more to a squad than Nezha

• Like 2

Brozime recently did his yearly tier list, and he had something very thoughtful to say about Revenant, who (like OP) was the only Warframe he placed in S-tier.  The broad summary was that while he agreed that Revenant creates a problem for the design space because the frame is basically invincible, that he's talked to many players with various disabilities that have told him that Revenant was what allowed them to still play the game despite an injury, etc.  And that he hopes that DE can see the value in that and take that into consideration.  As a player with a milder disability that I anticipate getting worse with time, I found that to be both compassionate and practical.

I'll put a link with the timestamp below for anyone who actually wants to hear his precise words (timestamp is 1:40:25 for anyone the embedded timestamp doesn't work for):

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

People putting Revenant in S tier because "he's invincible DUH" make me laugh tbh. S tier in tankiness OK, Z tier in everything else. No way "S tier all around"

Edited by Chewarette
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

Drop Loki to a C (no I will not let this go) along with Ash and I agree.

Ash in particular needs some QoL on his 4th ability, targeting being bound to a laser pointer in today's Warframe makes it just so godawful to use imo.

As for Loki...I still do not believe that Switch Teleport should be anything other than a Hold Cast on 1st ability and that he needs a more impactful 3rd ability (and no, I don't believe that the invincibility the augment gives justifies it personally, the augment could remain but ST as a standalone ability is just...severely outdated).

Edited by Aldain
  • Like 2

Can someone explain to me why everyone thinks Revenant is so overpowered? He's my current fave but I also know that I'm not playing him the way most people do (I don't use Mesmer Skin) so I just don't understand the hype. Does it really all just come down to Mesmer Skin?

Otherwise I'd generally agree with this, though I'd put Oberon in B tier.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Varzin13 said:

Can someone explain to me why everyone thinks Revenant is so overpowered? He's my current fave but I also know that I'm not playing him the way most people do (I don't use Mesmer Skin) so I just don't understand the hype. Does it really all just come down to Mesmer Skin?

Otherwise I'd generally agree with this, though I'd put Oberon in B tier.

While Mesmer Skin might not be as obtusely powerful as some might claim, with its new augment that lets it spread in stacks of 5 to allies and adds 50% Ability Strength to the ability in particular it both nullifies damage outright and (in most cases) stuns the enemy that managed to hit it.

Basically it's less that it's overpowered and more that it's a very simple, easy to upkeep party wide damage negator with a stun rolled in, while most of Rev's kit isn't super impressive outside of that I'd say it's a reasonable decision to call it very good for causal play, makes Rev a solid universal weapons platform and technically scales infinitely since the amount of damage doesn't matter, only the instances of damage.

Edited by Aldain
  • Like 1

I don't subscribe to a generic tier list , 

Frames do have their advantages and disadvantages depending on the game mode and mission parameters , not to mention modding and player skill also need to be accounted.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Aldain said:

While Mesmer Skin might not be as obtusely powerful as some might claim, with its new augment that lets it spread in stacks of 5 to allies and adds 50% Ability Strength to the ability in particular it both nullifies damage outright and (in most cases) stuns the enemy that managed to hit it.

Basically it's less that it's overpowered and more that it's a very simple, easy to upkeep party wide damage negator with a stun rolled in, while most of Rev's kit isn't super impressive outside of that I'd say it's a reasonable decision to call it very good for causal play, makes Rev a solid universal weapons platform and technically scales infinitely since the amount of damage doesn't matter, only the instances of damage.

Ah ok, so it's kinda similar to the issue with Inaros before his recent rework. He's not actually overpowered, he's just a bit too simple and in this case that simplicity makes him easy to use in high level content. I'll have to agree with the previous comment that DE should consider allowing some frames to be easy to use but I also understand that in this case there's a delicate balance that isn't quite being met. Thanks for the explanation.

My favorite part of this game is how many niche options there are that can and will surface when specific mission requirements exist and knowing these mechanics shine.

A good example of this was the original Pacifism Defect event, where the Frost + Limbo combo to banish each defector and kill enemies using Snowglobe completely outclassed everything else. Knowing that the solution was there was something else entirely though.

I honestly don't see a real problem that 90% of players stick to Revenant, given that it's always just a goalpost on what the next flavor is of cheese. It's way better if there are diamonds in the rough ready to shine in any content than everything having homogenized performance for the sake of relevancy.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Ash in particular needs some QoL on his 4th ability, targeting being bound to a laser pointer in today's Warframe makes it just so godawful to use imo.

As for Loki...I still do not believe that Switch Teleport should be anything other than a Hold Cast on 1st ability and that he needs a more impactful 3rd ability (and no, I don't believe that the invincibility the augment gives justifies it personally, the augment could remain but ST as a standalone ability is just...severely outdated).

Both Ash and Loki's 4th aren't great. However, access to invisibility is still very powerful. Coupled with a good armor strip and both can still do well in non-defense objectives. How much less would we think of Octavia if she didn't have access to invisibility?

1 час назад, (PSN)Magician_NG сказал:

5k hours played but never level-capped.

Bored.

Not asking for a nerf per se, but you know what happens to something that's too popular.

Do you agree or disagree? Either way come at me, bro.

Rank S (busted, next in line for nerf)            
Revenant                  

Styanax with Intrepid Stand wich allows to generate Overguard until your finger falls off, Kullervo that just knocks off Inaros with the same one Overguard, Dante that just keep washing his face with(once more!) Overguard... Ye, ye... Tell me about S tier for Revenant...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, -MElHiOR- said:

Styanax with Intrepid Stand wich allows to generate Overguard until your finger falls off, Kullervo that just knocks off Inaros with the same one Overguard, Dante that just keep washing his face with(once more!) Overguard... Ye, ye... Tell me about S tier for Revenant...

Current Revenant is old Rhino.

Rhino's invulnerability used to be duration-based, now it's overguard.

Let's go ahead and knock down Mesmer Skin to overguard as well.

You know. Rhino is also immortal right? Buffs for x3 / x6 on DoTs and CC's.

59 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Loki would go back to A if his new Decoy augment wasn't bugged.

Too many "A" rank frames. No bell curve. The likes of Grendel, Yareli, Harrow, and especially Gyre being B rank (as in the bottom 50% on OPs list) is something I don't agree with.

Revenant being near invincible is a problem but he's really mediocre outside of Mesmer skin. So In reality he is a weapon platform that doesn't have to work for survivability. Every other frame can do the same thing with a bit more (potentially disrupt able) work. I'm unconvinced he deserves the S rank, though he does indeed need Mesmer skin nerfed somehow.

Also this is obviously all in good fun, everyone's got their own take on a tier list, and I'm sure people would disagree with where I put what. It is interesting seeing someone else's take.

• Like 1

I'd move Rev to B since he only has a single skill really going for him. And I'd move Trinity and Nekros to B aswell, while moving Yareli to A since Nezha is there and Yareli is likely slightly better. Inaros potentially to A aswell since his rework made him very good with CC, grouping tools, status immunity as baseline etc.

Cant really see an S frame. Maybe Dante since he has strong everything as needed with insane potential when it comes to modding due to very forgiving base stats on all skills. He has weapon buffs, he has generic debuffs, he has insane defensive buffs, he ignores armor, he has strong dots if you just want to layer damage on single targets and so on.

• Like 1

With the tweaks [DE] Pablo is introducing to Ember in the July 18th update I think I'll move her up to Rank A. Improved energy economy on her 2 and overguard with the Healing Flame aug? Yes please. Unfortunately the energy economy on her 4 isn't being lowered. :(

On 2024-06-03 at 10:55 AM, Chewarette said:

People putting Revenant in S tier because "he's invincible DUH" make me laugh tbh. S tier in tankiness OK, Z tier in everything else. No way "S tier all around"

It's apart of it, since it is the strongest tank ability in the game by a mile. But I'd argue access to the TRUE damage one shot independent of enemy level is also a huge part of what makes him bonkers. He doesn't care if an acolyte is level 1, 1000, or 9999 he kills him in the same speed with unmodded weapons. He is probably the only warframe you can do level cap as soon as you acquire him with little investment in him or weapons.

• Like 1

Overrated:

On 2024-06-03 at 10:32 AM, (PSN)Magician_NG said:

Dagath

She's got clunk. B.

Ember

A is a bit much considering her energy problems. She's getting a rework for a reason. B imo.

Excalibur

A is extremely generous. He's in a state where you subsume off his 4 cause it's damage is so MID. I would honestly consider him C.

Hildryn

Pillage being a subsume has kinda murdered the thing that made hildryn special. She also falls off surprisingly fast since once you reach the point where enemies constantly trigger your shield gate you can't cast abilities. B.

Trinity

You can either do a thermal sunder spam setup or a like link build to get decent KPM. Her thermal sunder setup is worse than harrows. Her life link setup suffers from target limit. A is very generous. Low B or high C.

Voruna

Same issue as Hildryn where the thing that made them standout is better as a subsume than on her.

Protea

This is my most scalding take but man this frame feels giga overrated.

Underrated:

Ash

High investment cause you need a max arcane trickery. But you get perma invis that can't be dispelled by even nullifiers. Really good damage with savage silence and bladestorm setup. Deserves A. Way better than any frame above.

Atlas

Such a different frame when you get access to ceramic dagger. High investment cause he's bad before SP duviri, but post SP duviri. Much, MUCH better kpm than any frame above.

Harrow

Harrow should IMO at least be one grade above Trinity where ever she ends up (not a LMAO). Their fairly similar damage setup is just done better by him and he has better support capabilities although on that front both have aged eh, especially when you look at GOAT support frames like Styanax and Wisp.

Inaros

Use his viral+slash melee stat stick, build for sandstorm, use the Mecha mod set on companion. Higher KPM than the frames listed above. Surprisingly comfy level cap setup cause you usually combine I frames from sandstorm plus invisibility from Stalk on a Huras Kubrow cause you don't use weapons and only abilities so invisibility isn't broken.

I'd argue A for all of these. Or split A into high and low since there's quite a lot in there.

Loki

Who let Loki out of F tier man. But jokes aside... Loki quite literally only has good survivability and does kinda nothing else. Like, there's a few frames who struggle with even that since they lack good abilities for shield gate spam + lack of alternative survivability tools. But Yeah Loki isn't exactly popping off.

• Like 2