The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bile hurts more than platinum? (Archon Shards unequip)

Can we just spend some platinum to unequip the archon crystals? For at least half of the players it is easier to sell some mods for platinum than to farm bile. I don't know, something like 5pl?

I know that maybe someone's don't like the idea but I think it's a pretty decent alternative. If you don't want to spend platinum on that, you don't do it and that's it.

Please DE I don't have the time to farm 3 hours a day to be able to unequip 5 shards from a single warframe. 
Please players see the viability of this alternative and do not feel offended.Smug Smug Idiot Sticker - Smug Smug Idiot Cat Stickers

• Like 4

I have resources for days. I'm surprised you don't.

I do tend to keep my Archon Shard slotting to a minimum time period so the resources are worth more for feeding.

Right now I have a whole other issue with Archon Shards. 14 blues, 6 Tau Blues and nothing to put them on worth while.
I know they won't do a conversion, Even 3 to 1 cuz everyone would just go Crimson for 90% of things but man it sucks.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

Can we just spend some platinum to unequip the archon crystals? For at least half of the players it is easier to sell some mods for platinum than to farm bile. I don't know, something like 5pl?

I know that maybe someone's don't like the idea but I think it's a pretty decent alternative. If you don't want to spend platinum on that, you don't do it and that's it.

Please DE I don't have the time to farm 3 hours a day to be able to unequip 5 shards from a single warframe. 
Please players see the viability of this alternative and do not feel offended.Smug Smug Idiot Sticker - Smug Smug Idiot Cat Stickers

If you do enough regular content, bile resources are readily available. Generally, if it doesn't become worth it to use normal surplus resources, Argon Crystals are a SP void mission away from enough. 30 day resource boosters are usually worth the 200p alone for SE and kuva, including reasons like this, easily made back within 30 days.

• Like 1

hace 6 minutos, ominumi dijo:

It's not like we can buy Bile resources with plat.... oh wait we can.

Morphics? one morphics for 10 pl are you serious? you need 40 for one bile recharge. Or you said the open worlds markets items? it's technically the same as morphics or more expensive.

Justo ahora, Agall dijo:

If you do enough regular content, bile resources are readily available. Generally, if it doesn't become worth it to use normal surplus resources, Argon Crystals are a SP void mission away from enough. 30 day resource boosters are usually worth the 200p alone for SE and kuva, including reasons like this, easily made back within 30 days.

I can ´t play my only 2 hour of free time farming sorry.  

What is the point of opposing something that does not affect you?. I seriously think people just want to argue and be insulted and then complain.

• Like 2

Making Helminth-bite sized chunks of resources for sensible plat prices might help you out - and possibly rebalance the economy for newer players as well. I bet there's not been many adjustments of the resources in the market for a long time, and some grinds are going to be different now than they were.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

Morphics? one morphics for 10 pl are you serious? you need 40 for one bile recharge. Or you said the open worlds markets items? it's technically the same as morphics or more expensive.

What is the point of opposing something that does not affect you?. I seriously think people just want to argue and be insulted and then complain.

You can deploy harvest drones on cleared planets & manage them via the Warframe companion app.

Not exactly the solution nor discourse you're wanting but it is an existing option you can start utilizing without needing to be in game. 

• Like 9

Actually, it's better to buy boosters and farm resources with necros in a group. You'll get a lot more out of it that way.

Because otherwise you'll have to dig deep into your pockets, because prices in the shop are tough.

• Like 2

My subjective take is that being able to undo a shard placement with their paid currency has bad optics, as it would quite reasonably look like DE is trying to make money off of people who want to respec. If it were my game, I would very much want to avoid that.  With it costing resources to undo, there's still an incentive to thoughtfully consider what permanent upgrades you give to a frame, but without feeling like it's milking anyone's wallet.

It sounds like you don't have much time to play, so my recommendation would just be to farm 3 Argon Crystals every time your Helminth is super hungry for them again.  That shouldn't take much of your time, and over time you'll be able to remove any amount of shards that way.

Hope this helps!

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
hace 23 minutos, yoritomosomori dijo:

Making Helminth-bite sized chunks of resources for sensible plat prices might help you out - and possibly rebalance the economy for newer players as well. I bet there's not been many adjustments of the resources in the market for a long time, and some grinds are going to be different now than they were.

I give you reason in part of what you say.

hace 17 minutos, MagPrime dijo:

You can deploy harvest drones on cleared planets & manage them via the Warframe companion app.

Not exactly the solution nor discourse you're wanting but it is an existing option you can start utilizing without needing to be in game. 

That's one of the things I do every day in the little time I have to relieve stress by playing this game, but even with all my drones it's not even enough for a shard.

hace 6 minutos, (PSN)Unstar dijo:

My subjective take is that being able to undo a shard placement with their paid currency has bad optics, as it would quite reasonably look like DE is trying to make money off of people who want to respec. If it were my game, I would very much want to avoid that.  With it costing resources to undo, there's still an incentive to thoughtfully consider what permanent upgrades you give to a frame, but without feeling like it's milking anyone's wallet.

It sounds like you don't have much time to play, so my recommendation would just be to farm 3 Argon Crystals every time your Helminth is super hungry for them again.  That shouldn't take much of your time, and over time you'll be able to remove any amount of shards that way.

Hope this helps

We already have this type of pay to fast in the game from the beginning so it would not be anything new and farming a single resource per day is not enough... I have almost all the warframes with shards it would take me months to be able to make changes and weeks for a warframe only.

Let's be clear, after 10 years of playing this, I am no longer a teenager, I have responsibilities, work and family. I have things to do all day and some people told me that the few hours I have to have fun do I have to spend them farming some unpleasant and expensive type of resources? That's pretty annoying at least for me.

Edited by CosoMalvadoNG
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

So you spend 2 hours re-doing builds that require you to be removing archon shards enough to run out of resources?

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

We already have this type of pay to fast in the game from the beginning so it would not be anything new

I understand why you would think that, but unfortunately that's a dangerous mindset to have in business due to something called the "trust thermocline".  I wouldn't be able to do it justice with a summary, but here's a great and short thread that explains how it works: https://mastodon.social/@garius/109279394369832433

21 minutes ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

I have almost all the warframes with shards it would take me months to be able to make changes and weeks for a warframe only.

I'm truly sorry you've ended up in this situation, and you have my genuine compassion.  The design of the Archon Shard system is specifically designed to encourage thoughtful, long-term planning by discouraging change.  And there are both pros and cons to the exact way they decided to implement that discouragement.  I've written about this in greater detail before, but to try to sum it up, the current system on average costs players less resources, while making undoing feel worse.  And that's the situation you find yourself in now: you made some choices in the past that you now want to undo, and it feels bad.  And yeah, that sucks.

The most constructive and compassionate advice I can give is this:

• Remember that there's no challenge in the game that requires Archon Shards.  So while you won't have the perfect build that you desire, you can still play the game with all of these frames and succeed.  I'm sure it's easier said than done, but do what you can to accept that and move forward.
  • Remember that just by playing over time, you'll naturally accumulate the resources needed to change your Shards.  So whether you farm or don't, you'll eventually be able to get your perfect builds.
  • Finally, take this as a learning experience.  When inserting Archon Shards in the future, remember that there's a cost you don't want to pay associated with taking them out, and only insert a Shard if you're willing to commit yourself to paying that cost in the future.

I'm guessing this isn't what you want to hear, but I genuinely hope it helps.  And I'm sorry that this feels so bad right now.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

THIS ^^^^^^^^^

This is the biggest problem with this community, there's players who always oppose helpful suggestions that don't affect them in the slightest. It's like that "professional hater" guy :

Better trading system? NO!)

Improve Loki? Haha what? He's super OP!

Literally anything that can help people while not affecting people who do not need it in the slightest? NEVER!

Edited by _Eclips3_
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

Yep. And there you go mate. Use your plat to remove those archon shards. Is it worth it? That's totally up to you. For the majority of us, we'll just wait a day or two for Helmthis boost while farming for Bile resources. I mean the build still function with the wrong color shard.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

And in what world does it take 2 hours to farm a ton of morphics?

It's a resources available from a wide array of planets and you can casually farm it while you're cracking relics or doing any other number of activities you may be up to doing.

Unless you are purposefully avoiding planets where morphics can drop it won't take you long to get however many you need while pursuing other objectives.

Another option is to do things in the Zariman and grab some voidgel along the way as it's a fairly common resource there and will also quite easily fill up your helminth.

Also doesn't take hours to farm up enough voidgel to last you a decent period of time.

Neither of those options take that long and depending on what you're doing can be fit in with other activities you were going to be doing anyways.

• Like 5

Alternatively you can dust off those farming frames nobody past the mid-game should have use of and go stockpile more bile resources than you could ever use.

Though in the realm of suggested changes I'm of the opinion that the resources used should be changed. Like instead of always using 30% Bile the cost depends on the specific Shard being removed like 15% for a non Tau, 30% for a Tau Shard. And something like Bile for Red Shards, Biotics for Emerald, Calx for Blue, etc. Or alternatively 5% of each category for any Shard.

If DE wanted Helminth to be a resource sink it should actually take resources.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, _Eclips3_ said:

THIS ^^^^^^^^^

This is the biggest problem with this community, there's players who always oppose helpful suggestions that don't affect them in the slightest. It's like that "professional hater" guy :

Better trading system? NO!)

Improve Loki? Haha what? He's super OP!

Literally anything that can help people while not affecting people who do not need it in the slightest? NEVER!

There's a difference between providing currently available solutions to a problem, deconstructing the utility of a community suggested 'improvement', and simply hating on someone's idea. I think every suggestion should be contested, even if the contest is mostly unreasonable, as long as it's thought out.

Otherwise, you're simply complaining about poorly developed criticisms or trolls which exist in any community. That's not the summation of any community, but simply vocal minorities within it.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Xzorn said:

I have resources for days. I'm surprised you don't.

I do tend to keep my Archon Shard slotting to a minimum time period so the resources are worth more for feeding.

Right now I have a whole other issue with Archon Shards. 14 blues, 6 Tau Blues and nothing to put them on worth while.
I know they won't do a conversion, Even 3 to 1 cuz everyone would just go Crimson for 90% of things but man it sucks.

I'm the opposite of you. Azure for the win! Beefing up frames, increasing DR and survivability, opens up toms of opportunities for me. Maybe if they allow trading one day, I'll definitely hook you up with some of my crimson shards. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

I'm the opposite of you. Azure for the win! Beefing up frames, increasing DR and survivability, opens up toms of opportunities for me. Maybe if they allow trading one day, I'll definitely hook you up with some of my crimson shards. 

I'm in the same boat. I have leftover crimson shards but no azure. 1000 armor on some frames does wonder. Eclipse isn't an option for some of them.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

Azure will also work nicely with the new arcane battery armor coming with jade. Armor>mac energy which could replace flow

• Like 1