Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Passives, Volt, Mag & More!

[DE]Rebecca

4 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Where do Passives belong – what rules do you think they should follow?

In my opinion passives should not require casting an ability to get its effects. 

Chroma, Nyx, and Limbo do not meet this criteria. Because their features only take effect if an ability is cast I consider these effects part of the ability/ies

I am super excited for ⚡ the reworks that ⚡ are on the way. There might ⚡ even be one in particular I ⚡ can barely wait ⚡ to try. 

4 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

*And now Limbo:

If we can, we will make more changes to him by tomorrow (cue the coffee machine). His passive is really not something we believe puts him in a place we think is near final. We are considering replacing his 3 (Rift Surge) with something else. Stay tuned!

Well would you look at this, what is it we have here.

Banshee: Stealth kills with tonkor....and there might be the problem. Although the passive sounds great it devalues the original silent weapons. As players opt in for the bigger guns to kill more enemies faster and get that lovely stealth kill bonus exp.

Ember: Situational until eximus units appear. Even then, a flame eximus has to actually proc Ember and not just push you back.

Limbo: Since Limbo can cast more then just him self into the rift. I think a passive ally buff or enemy debuff while in the rift would be more in-line with his powers.

*For Limbo's powers to be worth while there needs to be an easy way for enemies and other players to get in and out of the rift. Having Limbo constantly be casting his abilities just to get players or enemies inside the rift is not an effective method. Perhaps turning his fourth into a moving plain or having his passive function similar to the portals on the moon spy missions.

Nyx: Didn't DE already try this with the augment pacifying bolts? I've never liked the idea that she has to compete with Loki. Ones a stealth frame and the other is field-control. Though with Nyx having enemies lay down their weapons is probably the last thing you want them to do. We need the enemies to kill each other at a decent pace, removing their weapons just drags out the game.

Oberon: Awesome but situational. This passive applies to 2 possibly 3 planets (if you count the lanx) and one faction. Perhaps keep it but buff allied animals (including team kubrows) when they turn ally.

Edited by Postal_pat

Super excited for the Volt changes! Work will drag on so long tomorrow because of it, lol.  

A bit of passive feedback:
● For Hydroid, due to his knockdown skills, it would be nice to have the possibility to spawn tentacles on ground melee finishers aswell.
● Mag's isn't a bad passive, but she already has an Augment with a similar role. I vote that she gets an additional effect with her passive, like a boosted Shield regen after Bullet Jumping.
● Same goes for Oberon and Ember, their passives are situational.   
-Maybe let Ember light herself with Fireball and the initial blast of World on Fire (with no self-damage), procing her Passive.  
-Oberon could maybe gain a tiny bit of Energy with melee kills? Something to make up for the rarity of the other passive.
● Banshee's is very nice, but makes Silence only a stun (a good one, but only one). She deserves a 2.0, imo.   

Digging the Limbo passive, but Rift Surge is what makes Limbo good, for his users atleast.  
Rather than replacing Rift Surge, I vote that these changes are made:  

● Banish now has its Energy cost halved while within the Rift, increasing sustained usability.
● Haven Augment now has a small Heal over time after the initial 25% heal, giving players an incentive to stay Banished. 
● Rift Walk now puts Limbo into the Rift a few animation frames sooner, rather than at the end of the animation. Helping against what should be avoidable deaths.  
● Rift Surge now momentarily stuns enemies that are within the Rift, aswell as those that enter the Rift within a few seconds after the activation of Rift Surge.  
● Rift Surge can now be recast while active, resetting the Duration and unleashing another stun.
● Cataclysm's Augment now also Slows enemies, which stacks with each kill within Cataclysm.   

Also, for passives, I was thinking:   
● While within the Rift, Limbo's Shield now doubles from 75 to 150.  
● The eventual Limbo Prime's Shields are increased to 100, which double to 200 within the Rift.  

Additionally, if another Ability could be added to Limbo: Instead of removing Rift Surge; the Abilities Banish and Rift Walk could be fused together, borrowing the mechanic from Quiver and Minelayer, but with only those 2 options.

My more detailed thoughts on Limbo can be found HERE.

Edited by Flackenstien

So, jazzed about all the passives, but a few quirks come to mind. First off, because it's the easiest, Booben. His passive feels more like a 'Lol, sorry this squishy frame is squishy." He has low base armor and hp, as he should, as he is VERY powerful with his abilities. It feels odd, that on an engineerish frame, the passive is to augment an already low armor value. You need everyone within your squad to be within 30ft to proc the maximum effect, and only in defense/MD do you see squad cluster up that tightly. I would much rather see something like the ability to pick up 'burnt out' orbs for a small energy regen for recycling them. Something like 5-7 energy refunded on pick up wouldn't majorly change the power of his kit, but it keep a small trickle coming in. However, we come to a place like Loki. Vauban was king of CC before his update, and he is only better for it afterwards (With Mirage taking queen role, you salty seadogs ;), so even a small passive would augment his kit very nicely....except armor. A small amount of armor on a frame with low base armor AND HP just doesn't make sense. 

Moving on, Oberon. Now, I think most people complaining about Oberon's passive are mistaking something. Passives aren't supposed to make a frame. People feel Oberon underperforms at the moment, and were looking for the passive to 'fix' this perception. However, Passives shouldn't be strong, they should be compliments. I feel that before we judge Oberon's passive, we need to know exactly what will be under sway of this passive. As it sits, there are 3 tilesets that offer wildlife: desert settlement, earth, and OD. With the inclusion of enemy wildlife, we start to see some potential with the grineer, as we could control Drahk and Hyekka. However, this leaves corpus. orokin haunts, and infested relatively untouched. However, I would hope DE would make some allowances for other factions on what exactly is defined as 'wildlife' for the sake of consistency. Niche passives can be a nice quirk, but when EVERY other passive is fairly complimentary to a kit, Oberon's, as is, will struggle to sway those who are more naturally talented in regards of passives. 

Finally, Limbo. Limbo is in an odd place. His kit itself is very solid on paper, and even to a degree in game. However, as the sole occupant and master of his own pocket dimension, Limbo feels....lackluster in his own realm. For the master over his own alternate reality, Limbo certainly doesn't perform as one would expect. You would expect Limbo to have some sort of home turf advantage, but pop cataclysm across an area with a larger group of enemies, and watch the gentleframe get deleted in a hail of bullets. People, once again, expected this to be solved with the passive. I feel that Limbo's passive is a nice compliment, and makes sense. As for how Limbo should be tweaked? I feel Rift surge should be scrapped, and Cataclysm made his 3rd, leaving room for a new ultimate. This final ability should be a toggle, granting Limbo a set of buffs worthy of a master of his own dimension. While he shouldn't become godlike, Limbo should still feel superior in his own realm, and should be able to harness the nature of his realm, whatever DE may feel that to be, for a duration of time. 

5 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Limbo*: Holster Speed and Reload Speed is 50% faster while in the Rift, and movement speed increases by 10% while in the Rift.

*eeeeep*

*And now Limbo:

If we can, we will make more changes to him by tomorrow (cue the coffee machine). His passive is really not something we believe puts him in a place we think is near final. We are considering replacing his 3 (Rift Surge) with something else. Stay tuned!

Ahh!! These two make me such a happy camper! I'm so glad to see the classy dude getting some love!

Good timing too, I was in the middle of creating a post in the Bug (or Feedback) sub-forums regarding some of his consistency issues while in the Rift, in regards to enviromental interaction; i.e.

Spoiler

- Still being able to take electricity damage from electrified-water in some places and not in others (specifically Uranus and Derelict tilesets),
 - Being able to interact via have accessibility to opening some locked doors and consoles and not others (like doors you need 2 players to open with as an example),
 - and so on~

But at least now I can hold it off from posting for a few days and see how the update turns out! Especially if there's some bugs that happen to pop up, then at least I can add them to the Limbo-list as well haha xD

Anyways, can't wait for tomorrow!~

3 minutes ago, SquireAngel said:

Moving on, Oberon. Now, I think most people complaining about Oberon's passive are mistaking something. Passives aren't supposed to make a frame.

Inaros, with his sarcophagus and health restore on finishers, would disagree with you, and Atlas, Excalibur, and Wukong might have something to say as well. Passives right now may not make-or-break a frame (and honestly they shouldn't), but they can be incredibly helpful and beneficial to a frame, and be used regardless of the situation they're placed in.

As a lot of people have already said better than I could, this new passive for Oberon is pretty garbage. It's limited in which tilesets and factions it works in, something that no other frame has to deal with, and does something that Smite and Retribution already allow him to do through radiation procs. I wasn't expecting a passive that would suddenly make Oberon outrageously overpowered, but I was hoping it would be something more useful than a 20 second charm on pets...

Limbo:

should bel to banish loots (litle aoe effect on non player/ennemies object 5m would be fiine)

cataclysm should bring in rift loots that spawned before cast

Chroma:

give him something, he have no really passive... energy color changing element is not a passive sorry

11 minutes ago, NaharaEriclea said:

I wasn't expecting a passive that would suddenly make Oberon outrageously overpowered, but I was hoping it would be something more useful than a 20 second charm on pets...

Obbie is a Paladin Druid hybrid!

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Glyph_of_Charm_Woodland_Creature

Edited by Kevyne_Kicklighter

I'll share my opinion on the upcoming passives:

Ash: Bleed Procs dealt by Ash from any source are 25% deadlier and last 50% longer.

Fits nicely with Ash as Shuriken and Bladestorm proc Bleed a lot.

Banshee: All weapons are treated as silent.

Rather redundant when she has Silence as an ability. I'm presuming the ability will be changed at some point in time.

Ember: Receiving a Heat Status effect will regenerate energy for the duration of the Status effect (10 energy per second) and increase Power Strength by 35%.

I'm rather disappointed at this one. It is rather situational since there are only a handful of enemies/hazards that inflict Heat Status effect. Also, she isn't tanky enough to take damage from those enemies in lategame.

Hydroid: Every Melee Ground-Slam has a 50% chance to lure a Tentacle that will last 15 seconds.  

I would've preferred a guaranteed chance of spawning one since Tentacles are rather unreliable anyways.

Limbo*: Holster Speed and Reload Speed is 50% faster while in the Rift, and movement speed increases by 10% while in the Rift.

It's alright. This encourages having different kinds of weapons for your loadout and switching to the appropriate weapon in a certain situation.

Loki: 10x Wall-Cling duration!

Pretty useful  theoretically vs. Infested and for being sneaky. Although, the camera placement when wall-clinging is pretty cumbersome.

Mag: Vacuum effect on every Bullet Jump.

It's alright. I do bullet jump frequently and I may replace Carrier now with a different companion in my Mag loadout.

Nekros: Enemy death within 10 meters of Nekros regenerates a 5 Health.

Thematically fits and functions very decently. It works well on a Summoner build.

Nova: When Nova is down, she will knock down enemies in a 6 meter Radius.

Situational but decent. Pretty useful if I accidentally fail to avoid knockdowns from heavy units or I am fighting against Infested.

Nyx: Enemies affected by any of Nyx's powers have a chance to lay down their weapon ( become disarmed ).

Pretty good but it somewhat competes on what Loki does.

Oberon: All wildlife (neutral or enemy faction) within a 10 meter range of Oberon will become allies and fight for Oberon for 20 seconds.

I'm also disappointed on this one. It is very situational since there are only very few tilesets/nodes that have wildlife. Also, it is redundant since Oberon inflicts Radiation procs frequently which is almost the same as what this passive does. I would have preferred the Photosynthesis passive instead.

Trinity: Revive fallen allies faster from further away.

Fits thematically and useful if I didn't do a crutch Bless.

Vauban: Other Warframes within 10 meters give you 25% bonus armour.

Doesn't fit too well with a low armor Warframe and is somewhat niche. But, any form of increasing survivability is fine.

Volt: Physical ground-travel distance between attacks causes bonus Electrical damage on next attack.
I use Speed a lot in Volt so this is a decent passive for him.

My opinions are in red.

Passives ARE just passives, so I'm okay with these current ones.

Inaros' passive might be too good in others' opinion but, it's kind of hard to rely on that to revive yourself.

Especially in late-game where everyone's health matter, even just 5 hp. Don't feel like leeching health from your teammates or your oh-so-mandatory Carrier.

5 hours ago, Melos-mevim said:

thank you oh so very very much for giving him the most worthless passive in the game! great for fighting only agaisnt one faction and only on lower level missions, ones so easy you can sleep through them and still win.

Seriously DE how was this a good idea? I thought you guys were getting away from frames being only useful against singular factions (case in point the mag rework)

Im still confused what wall-latching has to do with Loki (Deceiver/Tricker) 

Excited for the reworks and what not though the Oberon passive doesn't seem to fit well at least for me.

For limbo I'm really glad he's getting the touching he's been begging for really appreciate it

However an option to remove or reduce the extreme Bloom and brightness while in the rift will also be much appreciated  since after a while playing limbo for too long eventually causes eye pain from the constant in and out of the rift over long periods of time it's like looking at the sun through glasses 

Ash: Bleed Procs dealt by Ash from any source are 25% deadlier and last 50% longer.

Alright. The longer duration won't see much use and sort of steps on Saryn's toes, but at least it does more damage.

Banshee: All weapons are treated as silent.

You know what? Fine. On most frames this could be a pretty big deal. The main reason anyone would say boo is because Banshee has Silence. But Silence isn't always up. It costs energy. It can be a pain to keep using it when it's not necessary. It just sucks for Banshees that use a bow (you know, the primary she was bundled with).

Ember: Receiving a Heat Status effect will regenerate energy for the duration of the Status effect (10 energy per second) and increase Power Strength by 35%.

Even if she regenerated 100 energy per second while effected, it still wouldn't be okay. Even if there was a high status, self-damaging, fire weapon for her to self proc off of it still wouldn't be okay. It wasn't okay to have a passive that only activates from being hit on Frost, and it's unacceptable here. At least Frost is one of the most viable frames for every mission type, and against every faction. Ember doesn't have that luxury.

Hydroid: Every Melee Ground-Slam has a 50% chance to lure a Tentacle that will last 15 seconds.  

I can't even see where you were going with this. What I don't want to see are Hydroids ground slamming over and over again trying to trigger this. The poor player behavior this encourages is staggering.

I expected so much worse. It requires using an ability to trigger, but it's not terrible. Just make sure you roll Rift Surge into Rift Walk if you do get rid of it.

Loki: 10x Wall-Cling duration!

If it lasts 50 seconds, I don't know why you didn't just make it infinite. But okay. This is the type of thing I expect from a passive.

Mag: Vacuum effect on every Bullet Jump.

Oh my God just make Vacuum an inherent effect and make Carrier carry drops until you need them. Why are you resisting this so? This passive isn't just terrible, it's insulting.

Nekros: Enemy death within 10 meters of Nekros regenerates a 5 Health.

I'm picturing a Nekros without Equilibrium or his augments and 10 meters is too dangerous for him. I'm picturing Nekros with Equilibrium and Shield of Shadows and this is a negligible amount. He's either going to have way more health coming back from energy orbs than he'll need or be taking so much damage that 5 per kill isn't nearly enough. It's not a bad idea, the values just seem to be too low. 20 meters or 10 health instead could make a difference.

Nova: When Nova is down, she will knock down enemies in a 6 meter Radius.

This is as bad as Frost's and Ember's! Stop assuming we're going to get hit! It was kinda cute on Inaros because his real passive is health steal on finishers. This is just awful!

Nyx: Enemies affected by any of Nyx's powers have a chance to lay down their weapon ( become disarmed ).

This isn't a passive. This is an effect added to her powers. Passives should not be exclusively linked to an ability. You could just as easily have this same effect tied into bullet jumping and jump kicking.

Oberon: All wildlife (neutral or enemy faction) within a 10 meter range of Oberon will become allies and fight for Oberon for 20 seconds.

This doesn't make sense lore-wise (animals being friendly until they decide to eat your face anyway? that's less supernatural empathy and more temporary mind control) or mechanically (unit summons dogs/cats, only for them to immediately turn around and kill the summoner? and then try to kill you anyway?). If you insist on this, then the hostile-turned-allied animals need to be fully turned into allies (immune to player damage) and run to a spawn room or corner to despawn once the duration is over.

Trinity: Revive fallen allies faster from further away.

This is what I expect from a passive, but not a full passive. One can argue that if no one in your team ever needs to be revived, then she just never needed to use her passive. But this does nothing for Trinity alone. She needs something for herself.

Vauban: Other Warframes within 10 meters give you 25% bonus armour.

Regular Vauban's armor only goes up to 87.5 with all 3 allies near him. Even Vauban Prime's only goes up to 175. If you're worried about the values going up too high in a trial if you make them any bigger, then it just wasn't a good idea to begin with. And that's ignoring if everyone is spread apart or you're alone. You can have passives that effect or are effected by others, but there has to be something for the player themselves as well.

6 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Volt: Physical ground-travel distance between attacks causes bonus Electrical damage on next attack.

What kind of attack? Does it effect powers? Guns? Does it scale up with crit damage? Any ballpark on the scale gained? What's the cap? This could be anywhere from broken overpowered to broken useless.

I still want Limbo's Ruft Surge, since it a great ability. It's scaling is incredibly, it's duration is fair, it has a great amount of damage potential, but it's energy cost doesn't suit his overall Rift walk! since he's limited to only pick up energy when he's out of the rift, he doesn't have enough energy regain (even with  Coaction Drift) to accommodate it's overall energy cost. If anything, I think you should give him a passive like mag's, which let's him for a short duration be able to pick up items through the rift, and then maybe get some tweaks onto Cataclysm, or maybe even give his Rift Walk the "Arrow Treatment" like you did with Vauban's balls. Each rift gives something different to the player, like you described with the increase holstering time and what not. One could give energy, another life, a third speed holstering, and a fourth maybe some armor (since he's really squish).

In conclusion: You can change Rift Surge to something else, but then please give it the "Arrow Treatment" that you gave Vauban's balls, where it changes the bonuses of being in the rift, rather than just be immortal with 'some energy regain'.

It would be awesome if Limbo's Passive would make him able to pick up items through the rift, rather than not being able to.

I think that Limbo has great potential, but he's Cataclysm has to change a little, like give it a knock down effect like his Banish, which would give him a great versatility.

Edited by Speer-Head

ok, here are my two ducats worth:

On passives, I'm grading by four standards:

1. They should be balanced.The most powerful passive will set the bar, and if you place it on a frame that is already powerful, you reinforce the concept of the "meta" rather then fight it.
  2. They should provide a constant and unique aspect to gameplay outside of their powers
  3. The warframe should be able to function even if the passive didn't exist
  4. The should be consistent in all gameplay.

With that in mind, here are my grades: 

Ash: B-, It does fit him, on the border of too powerful, but only testing will tell for sure 

Banshee: B, Fits her, useful all the time, and while it does mimic one of her powers, I think it's a good example of a decent passive 

Ember: D-, I think the worst part of this passive is it requires the player to do something wrong (get set on fire). Add to the fact that the fire proc doesn't happen too often, and at high levels it becomes worthess (no one is going to try to get hit by a level 100 Napalm or Scorch)

Hydroid: C, Not sure how useful it will be, depends on the execution. So needs testing.  

Limbo*: D-, the pasive reads like its an ability effect, not an actual warframe passive. If this were the case you could have skipped him entirely and said "Limbo regenerates energy while in the rift."

Loki: B-, It's a good concept, but wall latch as it stands now detracts from the usefulness, it wall latch works like a toggle, in that once you cling to the wall, you stayed there until time ran out, you jumped or moved. I think it would be better, but the third person view means your vision is too limited to make this useful as is.

Mag: B+, Nice. Useful, but QoL rather than power enhancing.

Nekros: C+, It's a good concept, but either the amount needs to be made a percentage, be affected by health mods (so max rank vitality would make it 27 health), just have it be a percentage of your total (1-2%). I favor the percentage myself, as the precedent was set with Inaros' passive. The range feels a bit short as well, but I can't be sure of that until I try it.

Nova: C, It passes, but it's rather dull. I suppose not all passives can be super exciting though, right?

Nyx: B+, I know the disarm works after the power expires, so I think this is one of the better ones

Oberon: F-, This is almost an insult. Either the paladin or the druid theme can offer better more interesting, balanced alternatives (many of which have been suggested in this thread). This is of limited use, and while unique, Does nothing to add to his gameplay. It almost feels as if when you got the list of suggested passives, you forgot Oberons and had to come up with something at 3 am before the presentation. My personal suggestion? +20% to blocked damage with melee weapons, Simple, matches his theme (and the skin pack I paid 245 plat for), and is consistant.

Trinity: A, An excellent example of a good passive

Vauban: F, Honestly feels like you couldn't think of a good one for him and you settled for this. It doesn't match him thematically, oh minimal use, and (Here's the most damning part) dependent on the cooperation of other players. This last point alone fails it.

Volt: A, It's fun, interesting and works with the frame.

Ones not listed that deserve mention

Inaros: Personally, I view his passive as the sarcophagus when he dies only. The heal on finishers is an integral part of his kit, and effort should be made to seperate this from other passives. Which leads me to my next point...

Chroma: He needs a passive. What you have now isn't a passive, it's an integral part of his kit. If you are going to call this a passive you could have skipped this whole ordeal and just pointed to a random attribute of a frame and said that was it's passivelike, the Valkyr's passive is that she has 600 armor. This issue also applies to...

Zephyr: Her being lightweight isn't a passive, it's a part of her core gameplay. She needs something more. If you want a suggestion, make her passive the Aviator mod. The precedent is there (Rhino with Heavy Landing/Heavy Impact and Equinox with Equilibrium), and the mod isn't availible anymore. the mod will still have value for her, as it would stack with her passive. So those with the exculsive mod would have no cause to complain. 

I will not offer feedback on the reworks until I play them, but I am looking forward to them. 

Thanks for your time.

Edited by GrimKonstantin
Fiixings of the bad grammers and speelings

Sooo, the passives.

Banshee: I really think that this passive would have fitter better on Ivara since Banshee already have Silence. Quite redundant.

Ember: Thematically nice passsive but in practice, no much enemies deal fire damage at early levels and at later levels if a scorch looks at you you are probably dead.

Oberon: Basically Oberon does not have a passive. Wildlife is available only in 2 tilesets and it ususally kinda bad. Sorry.

As for the Limbo. I definetely agree that his 3 needs to be taken a look at. First of all that ability is boring as hell. Secondly in most cases it not used much. 
IDK change it for example to a short lived buff which alows a % of weapon damage to pass through rift to real world and vice-versa?

IMHO the volt/mag reworks are great/fine/etc, heck Mag even sounds 'overtuned' at this point, but we'll have to see ingame i guess

as far as the passives go? 

ash - sounds great, especially since it seems his design is being focused on lethality more and moreso

banshee - i can see the validity of the complaints here to some degree, but even with silence in her kit, having all her weapons be perma-silent is a slightly different effect and its permanent, no need to re-cast, so i personally think this is just different enough to avoid the 'overlap' issue and be ok

ember - luv it

hydroid - i dont think 50% is enough, why not just make it 100% and have the tentacle only last for 5-10 secs? the 50% chance thing is just extremely 'meh' especially if you compare this to rhino's passive, like rhino doesnt cause a heavy landing 50% of the time... =/

limbo - not enough, i think the proposed passive/buffs are fine, but he needs more, ie give him some base evasion or dmg reduc in the rift ; but also really hoping that his upcoming kit rework and replacement of his #3 also works into this, so basically : passive is ok but needs more, hopefully rework/rekit will help

loki - pretty meh overall =/, as cute as it sounds, it just feels incredibly flat compared to other extremely impactful passives with other frames, and why only 10x? so not only is it a pretty lackluster passive to start with, but  its not even infinite wall-cling? IMHO a much better passive would be a 5-10% base dodge chance or a chance to spawn a decoy nearby upon taking lethal dmg and then have loki swap with the decoy's location [even more thorough : loki starts every mission with a 1% chance to spawn a nearby decoy and swap with it upon taking lethal dmg, this % rises slowly to 99% with 1% per minute in-mission, once a decoy has been spawned in this way, it cannot happen again for at least the current % chance in minutes : ie if 40 minutes into a mission loki 'dies' and takes lethal, then the decoy pops and he gets swapped and saved, then it couldnt happen again in the same mission for another 40 minutes ; the 'saved' loki would spawn with 50% hp/shld/nrg]

mag - cool, thematic and gives ppl more leway to avoid using carrier [a good thing]

nekros - i think it should be 1-2% hp per enemy death, but whatevs or at least 6 hp

nova - should be 8m instead of 6

nyx - ever since the augments and some tweaks to nyx there has been a LOT of crossover between nyx/loki, i dont think this is not 'necessarily' bad, but i wish that DE would work harder to give each frame its own unique thematic design and have less of this generic crossover-ness

oberon - sounds awesome, certainly one of the most 'unique' passives and as along as DE continues to flesh out the tilesets with more 'neutral' creeps, then this will be even better, but regardless, it sounds great

trin - perfect/thematic

booben - dont rly see the point, sure every lil bit helps i guess, but in this case it seems more fitting that booben would be giving his allies the armor boost as well, since of course vauben was the guy designing the ramparts to protect others, and not the other way around, in this case, i would change it to : for every other friendly warframe near booben, he gains +40% armor and gives his allies +20% armor

volt - nice

6 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Then we move on to bigger Warframe reviews – this includes a detailed look at things that trivializes all content to an extreme.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ super looking forward to what that means, if DE is to have any chance of making warframe a more engaging and dynamic game with better npc ai, at some point they are going to have to tone down the current ultra perma-cc-lockdown spam that the frames can do to control tiles and the insta-kill mass death we can dish out, or at least adjust one of those things [not saying that we shouldnt be able to do all of that, but maybe not constantly, and of course we wouldnt have to, if the game wasnt just a non-stop horde simulator but instead had enemies that didnt all just act like zombies] and of course i would luv to see 'trials' that involve more than just boring room lockdown and standing still simulations {ie the current 2 trials ingame are very un-fun}