Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

sometimes i feel like they sit in a circle and chuckle on the expecting crowd but that would be too evil. If DE was from anywhere else than Canada i would prolly root for this idea too but they are really good in general. I guess sometimes leaks happen without even trying and the sacrifice quest was pretty anticipated cause of how the quest of 'losing space momma' ended and all.

On topic: someone on youtube (too lazy to go back and find the actual name so sorry on that part) speculated that umbra warframes will be operator less and it will let us use our warframes like specters when we're on operator mode. I really liked the idea cause i treat my operator as my frame, as a weapon to solve my problems in a mission or to do things around it. So making the not-moving-hunk-of-junk warframe when im into operator mode into an actual helpful sidekick would increase our game experience ten fold. but since it was just a speculation and we dont have any idea how DE is gonna provide us umbra warframes as my heart is still open for better possibilities and such.
however, if umbra warframes are just another warframe variant and if theres nothing special about them other than visual updates i will personally be really disheartened. Wont decrease my game experience in anyway tho it will just reduce my expectations that has been growing more and more since the second dream and war within thats all.

Edited by -Virtuoso-

I honestly wish the devs would tell us how the quest is going or how close it is to being done. Not even an exact release date. They're just being too silent about it and not letting people know about how the quest is going.

3 hours ago, Caliboom said:

I honestly wish the devs would tell us how the quest is going or how close it is to being done. Not even an exact release date. They're just being too silent about it and not letting people know about how the quest is going.

The fact that they showed pics of the MoCap and the sound effects/music is pretty telling on how far along it is.

Spoiler

60-80% done

1 hour ago, Kaotyke said:

The fact that they showed pics of the MoCap and the sound effects/music is pretty telling on how far along it is.

Hide contents

60-80% done

Where? And that is 2 bad,because if they are 70% done in 5 months then in 2 months more minimum we are going to wait to become 100% completed and that is not good at all...or maybe all is finish but music is the last part so in a week or 2

Edited by Vlada91

1 hour ago, Vlada91 said:

Where? And that is 2 bad,because if they are 70% done in 5 months then in 2 months more minimum we are going to wait to become 100% completed and that is not good at all...or maybe all is finish but music is the last part so in a week or 2

Twitter. And people posted the links in this thread.

Spoiler

Spoiler

A little while ago the 'Acolyte theory' of which frames will get Umbras was discussed, and I think I might have come across some more evidence. Or, rather, a thematic link across the frames the acolytes use - that being otherworldliness or general otherness and particularly death. Some of these might be stretching a little, but I think it's interesting to think about

Excalibur's connection with otherworldliness is through King Arthur and Avalon - Avalon being a mysterious island associated with the mystic arts, a place of 'otherness'. Either that, or that Excalibur was held below the lake, in the world of water. The death connection comes in part from Excaliburs role in mythology as a weapon, and through Avalon being where King Arthur was brought when he died. Given Excalibur was originally Umbra'd not as a story component, but as a marketing tool for Chinaframe, it makes sense he has a weak connection.

Frost is associated with ice, which in several cultures has otherworldly connections. For example Winter in Greek Mythology is the time when Persephone goes from Olympus to the Underworld, changing worlds. A more solid connection is the death theme, as Winter is when most plants and animals retreat away or die, a period of time with very little active life in many places.

Loki in Norse mythology is often associated with the Giants, despite himself being a god. Sometimes this is simply him joining forces with the Giant during Ragnarok, or being the son of a giant adopted into the gods. Thus, he is the hybrid between these two worlds. The death connection comes in his betrayal of the gods, fighting against them in Ragnarok - in other words, helping to bring about the death of the world.

Limbo is, of course, the interdimensional frame. His whole kit revolves around another reality, another world in the form of the rift. As for death, not only is the original Limbo one of the few confirmed dead Tenno we hear about (alongside Gara, Mirage and Rell, to my memory), but limbo is, in some sects of Christianity, a part of Hell.

Valkyr is connected with otherness through the fact she is changed, transfigured, through the Zanuka project. She is physically and potentially mentally transformed from one being into another, from Gersemi Valkyr to our current Valkyr and Zanuka. The death connection comes from the theme of Valkyries being 'choosers of the slain', often deciding who died in battles in Norse Mythology, and who would go to Valhalla, the land of the heroic dead.

Mesa's the cowgirl/gunfighter frame. Cowgirls and cowboys are symbols of the wild west, the frontier - a new, untamed land, quite different from the 'old world'. Furthermore, mesas are characteristic for arid environments, especially deserts - places notoriously difficult to live in, and often associated with death. And the gunfighter theming helps as well - like Excalibur, guns are weapons of war and death.

Finally, Nekros is rather on-the-nose. He is the necromancer frame. And given how prevelant the theme of 'the land of the dead' is in cultures around the world, it's safe to apply the otherness/other worldly connection as well.

Like I said, this is a bit of a crackpot theory, but a fun one regardless. Although I do think it has some degree of legitimacy. What does everyone else think?

1 minute ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

Ugh seriously? That was the one quest I actively put effort into avoiding, since it's so tedious. Now I'm being forced to do it. 

Yeah, me too.

What about the people who were playing WF before Vor's Prize was a thing? We can't play that quest.

I’m not actually quite sure what how you’ll be able to do the quest again. You should send a ticket to support to see what they say.

16 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

Rip, looks like I’m going to have to complete the Glast Gambit quest.

Omg AND i have to play archwing?? I'm avoiding it since the damn release, to be honest i don't remember if i did it but... if in case i have not done it, then i'll say #*!%ing S#&$ mother#*!%ing #*!%.

Edited by -Ringed-Umbra-

5 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

I’m not actually quite sure what how you’ll be able to do the quest again. You should send a ticket to support to see what they say.

I never even did that quest in the first place. Like I said; I was playing before Vor's Prize. I really hope DE remove it as a requirement otherwise it will basically render the Sacrifice unplayable for a good chunk of the playerbase.

I never even did that quest in the first place. Like I said; I was playing before Vor's Prize. I really hope DE remove it as a requirement otherwise it will basically render the Sacrifice unplayable for a good chunk of the playerbase.

Wait wait.. I was here before too but, I guess you can play it.. or at least I remember they did a way of playing for veterans when it released.

1 minute ago, -Ringed-Umbra- said:

Wait wait.. I was here before too but, I guess you can play it.. or at least I remember they did a way of playing for veterans when it released.

I think it was a one-time pop-up saying "Hey do you want to play the new intro quest?" and I was like "No, I'm already well acquainted with the game now thanks."

I honestly didn't think they'd make the damn thing a requirement for future quests.

4 minutes ago, EndermanBeast said:

Since the Quest Guide says, "this upcoming Quest," and they did that Operator casting call thing, do you think it will be out soon? 

Yes.

Edited by Gabriel_98