Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon

DonGheddo

Just now, JeyciKon said:

This game is so over-developed, with so many features and all, it must be extremely hard to keep bug-free, they cant just test everything.

true, because the bugs depend basically of how much code lines the program have... and.. its warframe. OVER NINE THOUSAND!

5 minutes ago, lulialmir said:

but seriously, what month do you think it will be release? just a try

Realistically, I think some time this month is a safe bet. They said in the middle of September that they're not doing any more updates until PoE, and it would simply be foolish to go more than a month without new content. I think they have done it before, but new content is what keeps people coming back to the game. Thus, I would say we can probably expect it by mid way through October. 

9 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

dynamite fishing

thats a bit different where your using the explosion to propel fish up. where as the harpak you would literally be shooting a massive harpoon with enough power to pull heavily armored soldiers towards you would either explode the fish on contact or just rip right out of the fish when you pulled it back in... poor little fishies :(

1 minute ago, Imaru said:

Realistically, I think some time this month is a safe bet. They said in the middle of September that they're not doing any more updates until PoE, and it would simply be foolish to go more than a month without new content. I think they have done it before, but new content is what keeps people coming back to the game. Thus, I would say we can probably expect it by mid way through October. 

hmm, seems legit. XD

Edited by lulialmir

23 minutes ago, Knight_Ex said:

It might be nothing but Megan says something that makes me think its not coming this week either at the end of the previous prime time stream

All my hope for this week is lost,and now I dont know what to do. I who's hoping that is coming in a day or 2 like some surprise like Rebb said in last primetime,we are not going to have teaser for this update. And I whos thinking like oh good maybe is coming sooner then we expected. But in the end looks like we need 2 waith much more and more...

Edited by Vlada91

"Pepperidge Farms remembers back when P.O.E. debuted. They remember the good and the bad Focus changes, and all the time spent at Hok's Anvil. Now that we have Ceres' Crags of Cryo on the horizon, Pepperidge Farms just wants everyone to know that SOON is too soon. This next open world expansion is sure to draw in as many folks as the first one, if not more, and reminds everyone to check out the hype site for C.C.C.!"

^future preview of past content reviews.

I guess DE should have listened to the publishers when they rejected the idea of Warframe. Clearly they had such an awful idea and, given their history of such garbage ideas, they should just never add anything else to the game. Truly an awful game.

Which has a constant spot in top games played on Steam. Has great financials and an owner that trusts DE and their vision.

I'm here to play whatever it is that DE wants to make, not whatever garbage the forums would rather DE be making.

On 9/27/2017 at 5:51 AM, BornWithTeeth said:

Sooner or later, we are going to need a sane, whole, mature Sentient to step in and help end this. They are the most powerful creations of the Orokin, the only thing the Orokin made which could and did surpass their makers. Hunhow is mad, traumatised by his thousand year death, enraged over the loss of his daughter and the harm done to his self. The Lotus is self-crippled by her act of contrition, Natah is no more. If we can wake Eidolon and help it heal, maybe.

I can only hope that in Tau, there remain truly powerful, peaceful Sentients. Who knows what they may have become?

As a side note, it has become evident that one of the things which DE really need is some genuinely hardcore speculative and science fiction chops for their creative team, for a reason which I will outline as follows:

Everything in Warframe's plot and setting which appears truly alien, strange, and threatening at first tease is then fleshed out and revealed to be mundane, the normal-except-moreso.

The Sentients grow less alien and strange the more we learn of them. When we first hear of them, they are weird, menacing things, the Nightmare of the Orokin, as named by Alad, the Horrors beyond the Terminus, as named by Teshin. We get hints that they are a machine race, but they leave behind organic looking bones. The message screamed at us through the arcane codex was "All-All is silent- Hushed-hushed and empty is-is-is the womb of the sky. All is silent and calm. Hushed and empty is the womb of the sky."

Hunhow first speaks using a scorched and shattered avatar of the Lotus, and speaks about fulfilling The Sequence, talks about crossing the gap, wombs in ruin.

Up until the last few quests, the Sentients were frightening as hell, in other words. Then, well. These days Hunhow's characterisation is that he's an angry old man who just so happens to be a spaceship who launches fighter-drones.

The Corpus were initially presented as a machine cult, worshipping profit, technology, and Orokin trappings. Their upper boards and councils were mysterious. They came across kinda like the Spacing Guild from Dune (Plat must flow!). Then, the more quests they are involved in, the more they're revealed to be just an agglomeration of corrupt business concerns. No higher cult bodies. No deeper beliefs, no increasing pyramid of weirdness, no inner circle of enlightened operatives, no Guild Steersman possessing true insight. Just Captain Planet villains. Bloody hell, they even make glitchy, faux-eighties  a e s t h e t i c  investment trailers. Sweet Jesus.

Before the revelation of how they truly work and how they were created, the Grineer were fascinating. The game said that they were a flood of degenerating clones sent out from a hidden and toxic womb, their homeworld being a poisoned and barely habitable Earth. It told us that they had started a crusade to transform scattered colonies into an empire. That right there is interesting because you have to immediately ask the question of Why? What insane conditions are there on Earth that humans could only survive there by becoming eusocial creatures (i.e. breeding like a hive)? What the hell is going on in there? What insane pressures shaped them this way? If we go in, what will we find there? The other thing that was interesting was that it sounded like the Grineer had a real ongoing goal, one that they had just started on, that the Grineer were expanding outward from Earth and encountering the rest of the system, you know, just like the arc of the player Tenno. The game made it sound like the state of the Grineer might just have been something they did to themselves out of desperation, and which had driven them mad. 

Instead, the answer to the Grineer was "they've just always been the Grineer. The Orokin made them as a race of unintelligent clones, and unintelligent clones they mostly remain." The answer to the question of 'Who are the Kweens?' was "They're Orokin, hiding amongst the Grineer and using them as flesh stock", which is interesting in its own right....but just like Hunhow, on contact the Queens go from being menacing military antagonists to being Saturday morning cartoon villains, shrieking like Rita frigging Repulsa and making bad jokes about eating their hapless minions. Recall that cutscene in the early game, with Vor being criticised over commlink by the Queens? Two female voices in synch, sounding half robotic, with cold, disciplined anger as they outline their expectations and demote him for overstepping his orders? That one scene was better writing for the Queens than every single line the Worm Queen has ever uttered.

The Tenno themselves are an odd case of this. You carry out the Second Dream and rescue yourself from the Reservoir, and the game says "This is what your player character has always been. This Operator is and always has been the mind within the Warframes," and that's cool. It looks for just a moment like the game is saying "This creature is simultaneously a fragile child, and a centuries old warrior. This thing looks like a child, but incarnate in it is the mind of an inhuman ninja, assassin, bodyguard, operative of the Orokin. It is contradiction incarnate. Imagine the lifetimes of knowledge and carnage behind those baby blue eyes."

Then the rest of the quest writing kicks in, and the game makes it very clear that none of that is true, the Operator really is just a child. The story being told here is not one of how an inhuman killing machine rediscovers itself and comes back to humanity. It's just the Hero's Journey, again.

See what I'm getting at here? Digital Extremes are hell on wheels at visual design, their aesthetics and art are absolutely top notch, and their plot and setting teaser information is really good at making things seem weird, menacing, and esoteric, phenomenal at getting players to ask the question "What the hell is this? What is going on here?" but then the actual answers are always kind of prosaic. They come within inches of making things genuinely strange and challenging, and then default to the easy, simple answer. Warframe is a game with the aesthetics and trappings of a weird science fiction story, but the writing of a children's cartoon.

The Grineer are the Grineer because the Orokin made them that way and that's just how they've always been.
The Corpus are just greedy businessmen who are good at making robots.
The Sentients are just AI with human motivations like maternal instinct and the urge to revenge.
The Tenno are just children with powers who must now become heroes.

I remeber a time when warframe was a lot darker. or at lest right when it came out of beta and we didnt know much. I saw a big turn in thigns once they got investors and I think this helps to explaine some of this. 

Who where staterday cartoons for? not just kids (at lest the old ones) but the whole family. hell, flinstones was desinged as an adult show that tunred into a kids one. the point is it had somehting for everone in it to find. I think that is the "isshue" here with warframe now as well - they have to make it appeal to a very large audiance becasue they need the funding and palyer base. investment is a scarey thing, people take parts of your soul and can do with it what they want. rather then being super edgy or dark and disterbing, things have to be slightly turned down so it appeals to a wider range of an audiance. im not saying its a good thing, but its also not entierly bad.

there are still things ingame that are unsettaling to me. when you relize what the forms of the infested are, or that one corpus in the infested ship tileset in the broken tank whos legs are consumed by the wall of flesh. if you look at the small details its still pritty dark to be honest. the way the grineer are set up and the way there organs funtion and that kind of thing. 

it is like a cartoon, but its like 90s saterday cartoons. like the sonic the hedgehog tv show from 1993, or teen titans (but not teen titans go cus wtf happend there)