Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon

DonGheddo

Though it's a good idea in theory, I don't think it would have the intended effect. 

If there was some event that tied directly into PoE for example, it would leave people wanting more (if it was done well). This would create even more hype for the upcoming content. 

Also, I don't think they even want to reduce hype in the first place. Think of it this way: if you say you're opening a lemonade stand, you will want people excited for it so they buy your lemonade. Same thing applies here. If the players are excited for the update they'll stick around for it and be more likely to buy stuff from it. 

The problem isn't so much the hype as it is the expectations it raises. Back to our lemonade stand example, if you advertise it as a complete change to the nature of lemonade, you've set a certain expectation. If you can't meet that expectation you're going to be in trouble. Same with DE. If they don't meet the expectations they've created for the upcoming update, there'll be a lot of salt and frustration on the forums. 

5 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

If we're getting just a roadmap and not the hype site, I say we at least  minimum 2 weeks away.... If not a month. There is no way they don't make a huge hype site and make a big deal about it 

My original prediction was always 2018. So anytime this year is still a pleasant surprise for me.

Right! TBH when they said September, I thought to myself that is extremely optimistic. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

I'd like to put up a theory.

So the Sentients were originally terraforming machines that somehow gained self-awareness, and decided to try and kill the Orokin. From what we've seen, there are very large "Worm ships" that can apparently house a Sentient mind, like Hunhow. I think that each of these Sentient minds may also control their own hive mind, since the Sentient fighters seen on the Moon are apparently connected to a hive mind and don't have the same level of self-awareness as Hunhow (these fighters are also the fragments of Hunhow himself, which would make them subservient to him).

Now for my theory. Going to the Plains of Eidolon, there was likely a Worm ship or other large vessel that housed a Sentient mind named Eidolon. This mind tried to attack a tower on Earth, but failed and was destroyed, scattering its pieces (and fragments) across the plains. For all we know, the mind is still alive, housing its consciousness in another vessel.

(OCTAVIA'S ANTHEM SPOILER)

Spoiler

Even after the sword War was broken with him inside it, Hunhow survived and managed to infect Cephalon Suda and take her over. Then Hunhow was shot repeatedly in Suda's datascape, and still may have survived and is planning a third round with the Tenno.

Since the large walkers, or Teralysts, are made from the fragments of that Sentient mind, they are still connected to its hive mind, and are subservient to it.

So in my opinion, the Teralysts and Sentient bits and pieces are still connected to the original Sentient's hive mind, though I have no idea what that original mind seeks to do.

11 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Any frame in this game that requires a modicum of strategy or tactics to be effective will have a certain group of players claiming that the frame is useless if they can't easily nuke a room or do mass CC at the press of a button.

Same with operators. Those can be extremely useful in certain situations, but majority calls them useless.

And when DE tries to make them useful for this exact majority, people start these salty "lets change the game name from Warframe to Operator" threads.

No way to please them all, right?..

4 minutes ago, (Xbox One)FISTO ROBOT0 said:

Just ironic, half the threads begging on when PoE comes out are console players lol I find that humorous 

I do have a PC account, but there are some in my console clan that will like to watch PoE via Streamers, to see what they need to prep for because they don't like surprises.

we are going to get an ETA or at least a window of possible launch dates today or tommorow, this was like 13 hours ago(rebb's reply)

Spoiler

Screenshot_20171003-111644.jpg

EDIT: oh, i was too late

Edited by Mepheri
someone already posted it

i swear they said something somewhere about going for simultaneous release on PC and console. i may be wrong though, cause my memory is notoriously bad. but if that is correct then that might be the cause of some of the delay. either way, i wont be able to play he update until october 20th or so at the earliest, so it doesnt really affect me much at this stage.

3 minutes ago, Podge said:

i swear they said something somewhere about going for simultaneous release on PC and console. i may be wrong though, cause my memory is notoriously bad. but if that is correct then that might be the cause of some of the delay. 

Quite the opposite,they said it during the devstreams that they don't plan on releasing it on consoles until later after the PC release. They only mentioned that they've started working on the PS4 code.

Just now, aligatorno said:

Quite the opposite,they said it during the devstreams that they don't plan on releasing it on consoles until later after the PC release. They only mentioned that they've started working on the PS4 code.

alrighty then. well sucks for console peeps, i guess. also further evidence against my memory. i swear i wouldn't remember my own birthday if it weren't for everyone giving me stuff.