Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do we need a Parkour 2.5 for PoE

(PSN)theelix

All considering, Parkour 2.0 prospers in non-open areas: 

• We don't have good evasion after the first bullet jump. 
  • We only have one roll in air
  • It's difficult to change your trajectory in air 
  • We have little air time without mods
  • Regardless of that, the air time with mods means nothing since we have so little maneuvers in air

I feel like Planes of Eidolon is going to bring out the worst qualities of Parkour 2.0. You're stuck in one direction unless you can hit something or decide to go back to ground. In air, we're sitting ducks. 

Do you think there would be a need for Parkour 2.5, A.K.A an amount of mods that changes the problem of our little true mobility in air? 

I.... don't see the problem to begin with? Parkour 2.0 seems perfectly fine, or at least so fine that it shouldn't matter in the long run.

Not to say that the system is perfect, but I don't see what difference the open map will make. I get plenty of air-time, without a single parkour mod, and in case you didn't know, while parkouring, you gain Evasion, so you're harder to hit as a whole. So no, we're not any more vulnerable than usual.

no the whole point of the open world is it's something you can explore.

parkour 2.0 ruined most of the star chart since most of the parkour puzzles and room secrets were completely trivialized by the bullet jump. Heck, they even removed some rooms when parkour 2.0 came out because they knew that the challenge was gone so why even have reward

the only area where it was good was lua, which came after the new parkour mobility creep which was designed around it.

Honestly I think movement is fine. I don't really consider the somewhat limited mobility while mid-air to be that big of an issue. If I did, I'd probably just use Zephyr/Titania/Archwing in PoE. Also, I agree that not every change needs to be a mod.

But since we're on the subject of parkour in a big open world:

• Have Warframes accelerate the longer they sprint without stopping (up to a cap).
  • Allow us to press and hold the space bar to charge up a higher jump.

7 minutes ago, UvBenServed said:

Honestly I think movement is fine. I don't really consider the somewhat limited mobility while mid-air to be that big of an issue. If I did, I'd probably just use Zephyr/Titania/Archwing in PoE. Also, I agree that not every change needs to be a mod.

But since we're on the subject of parkour in a big open world:

• Have Warframes accelerate the longer they sprint without stopping (up to a cap).
  • Allow us to press and hold the space bar to charge up a higher jump.

The mobility is not limited at all. We have never been so mobile before. Shift+Ctrl+Space-shift+space-right click+W/A/S/D, you just travelled more than 30m.

To my taste, parkour 1.0 was better, without coptering and stamina and with doublejump, if the maps were not this big. I suppose DE thought that if coptering was leaving, they had to give us an alternative.
PoE is big, but I suppose we will have things to explore, why does people want to rush it?

And yes I can walk through it if I want, but it's important to note that PoE will be balanced for either a high mobility like Parkour 2.0, or for a low mobility (I doubt DE will lower our mobility for PoE anyway. They could, we have archiwing). So I can't just slowly walk to my destination.
It looks beautifull, it's just the kind of map where we shouldn't be jumping at light speed.

That's why I don't like the current parklour system, it's just quickly pressing 4 buttons and travel 30m in 5s, and it gives us too much mobility. Limiting the player is not always bad, it makes you play strategically, and it gives a purpuse to frames like Zephyr, or Ivara with her Dashwire. So yes, I would like parkour 2.5, or 3.0. I would like it to have more dodge mechanics, and make it more slow and strategic. That's what I like. And the game should then be rebalanced.

1 hour ago, (PS4)theelix said:

• Regardless of that, the air time with mods means nothing since we have so little maneuvers in air

Zephyr solves all those issues. I recommend giving her a try.

It sounds like she might fit your playstyle, or rather, the playstyle that you want to have.

1 hour ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

I.... don't see the problem to begin with? Parkour 2.0 seems perfectly fine, or at least so fine that it shouldn't matter in the long run.

Not to say that the system is perfect, but I don't see what difference the open map will make. I get plenty of air-time, without a single parkour mod, and in case you didn't know, while parkouring, you gain Evasion, so you're harder to hit as a whole. So no, we're not any more vulnerable than usual.

^^^

I too don't actually see a problem to begin with. Parkour 2.0 isn't perfect, but I'm not sure what the introduction of open world has to do with anything. I also fundamentally disagree with all of the cons OP listed.

2 hours ago, (PS4)theelix said:

Do you think there would be a need for Parkour 2.5, A.K.A an amount of mods that changes the problem of our little true mobility in air? 

Nope...'cuz they give you access to your archwing.

Every limitation you mention is addressed by having access to your archwing.

I do not see why the parkour 2.0 and mobility abilities and archwing aren't just fine for plains right now.

Parkour 2.0 is fine and will work fine in a huge map.... just learn to get some momentum going before you aim glide... 

Edited by Tesseract7777

Parkour 2.0 is fine.  I mean, maybe instead of rolling in mid-air the Tenno could do a silly dash when they press shift (with a cooldown) but ultimately, bullet jumping like a maniac in an open space where the enemy probably has a means to knock archwings out of the sky should be punishable to some degree, especially since bullet jumping basically renders most enemy units aim potato grade bad.

Totally okay with (augment) mods changing things like roll -> dash though (less range but much faster.)  I know, people will call them band-aid mods... the whole system is about customization and addressing problems.  Wouldn't be much of a modding system if we only ever needed to worry about improving our raw damage and ability efficiency.  Gotta fit in that handspring if you're knockdown prone.  The default recovery speed is slow for a reason.

Edited by Littleman88

1 hour ago, Mr.ToastForPresident said:

Who needs parkour when you have ARCHWING?

A R C H W I N G

You know, the best thing to ever come out to Warframe that is totally not neglected and hated by most of the community?

That was a joke.

My thoughts exactly :laugh: (Archwing)

Don't think we need new parkour for traveling PoE.

However I do if possible want the change to archwing mode will be done fluidly not by accessing gear everytime we want to go aw mode. Added animation will be nice like jumping and then aw swoop and attatch to the warframe in one press a button.

Don't fix what isn't broke. If you want more mobility in air it would be impossible without jetpacks or something similar. The developers obviously thought of things ahead and who doesn't want an immersive gameplay, so closest to real physics is the best. If you want to be flying around go play archwing. If you want to jump in one direction and land in another, that's only possible if we have another directional mechanic like wings, because changing your direction is pretty hard when you get your momentum going. Obviously physics is pretty much involved in all games and their gameplays that's why we have physics engines being used to create games. If you want something better than close to real physics then you better suggest a solution not just whine and criticize.

Edited by Luxaphel
grammar, forgot 1 word

we'll have Archwing access in PoE, so moving around anywhere won't be a problem. I like the Parkour System as is, my only complaint is that I preferred the old wall-running to the wall-hopping, but DE mentioned the possibility of bringing proper wall-running back if they can sort out a few technical issues. otherwise, not a big deal IMO.

9 hours ago, (Xbox One)The Neko Otaku said:

I feel we need a slight sprint buff for some frames so they can move around the plains more effectively

Because moving at supersonic speeds and covering 30m in under 5 seconds (and that's the slower end of the spectrum) just isn't fast enough?

What is this communities mentality and obsession with doing everything as fast as the game allows?

9 hours ago, Luxaphel said:

Don't fix what isn't broke.

^^^ Exactly this. PoE isn't even that close to being out and we have next to no information about it.

How about we hold off on the calls for changes to parkour etc till we actually have at least an hour or so's worth of game time with PoE, or at least a significantly larger amount of info and gameplay examples of the new content.

24 minutes ago, StinkyPygmy said:

Because moving at supersonic speeds and covering 30m in under 5 seconds (and that's the slower end of the spectrum) just isn't fast enough?

Well, some people likes to go as fast as they possibly could. Either to test the limit, or just pure giggles and amusement.

25 minutes ago, StinkyPygmy said:

What is this communities mentality and obsession with doing everything as fast as the game allows?

Oh come on, let's face it, some people here in this game are hardcore farmers that get a kick in farming the fastest way possible. That's why even insane build cost (like the latest Razorback cipher) have people defending it by saying "just farm it".

14 hours ago, (PS4)theelix said:
  1. We don't have good evasion after the first bullet jump. 
  2. We only have one roll in air
  3. It's difficult to change your trajectory in air 
  4. We have little air time without mods
  5. Regardless of that, the air time with mods means nothing since we have so little maneuvers in air
  1. Try rolling as soon as you hit the ground. I don't see people just Roll as much as they should. It boosts evasion against Hit-Scan weapons and allows for direction correction.
  2. That's mainly about saving your Double Jump for the right time, learning the existing system.
  3. Try using that Double Jump combined with an Air Slide, although really using existing Wall/Objects is the way to go.
  4. I usually run a Volt with a old Arcane Helmet that actually reduces my Aim Glide, and even with the reduced time I'm usually fine. Again like #3 being able to use existing terrain to "bounce" off of and reset that time is part of successfully using the Parkour system.
  5. Plan your jumps better, and don't blow your double jump immediately. Also see #3.

I don't see anything about the Parkour system that needs changing with PoE. What may need adjustment is how the Parkour system works on Controllers. Which is where you may be finding your issue with lack of Air Control.

What I hope is that we'll be able to "bounce" off Tree canopies and the like. Good fast movement in PoE (that doesn't use Archwing) will likely be all about Bouncing off Boulders.

On 7/17/2017 at 10:28 PM, (PS4)theelix said:

I feel like Planes of Eidolon is going to bring out the worst qualities of Parkour 2.0. You're stuck in one direction unless you can hit something or decide to go back to ground. In air, we're sitting ducks. 

you do though have good evasion... bullet jumps are short bursts of movement. All you need to do is just right click anytime and do a quick roll to right or left in air. Not to mention if your just flying straight into the air than your kinda doing it wrong if your trying to not be a big target.

changing your direction is easy enough same way you evade, its something you more or less get use to as you save your self a few hundred times playing.

Air time is you being a target, the only point of it is... well not much point in more than we have default, its slower if you dont reboost yourself on the ground, its less tactical if you dont reboost yourself on the ground... the air part is only really good for inbetween battles for going the right way or over things, or if you need an oh S#&$ mobs moment.

I mean... it just feels like you could fix all your issues by learning how to use the movement system better.