Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Idle-on

Spartan336

We're hyped about fighting giant robots with our new gear in a vast opens space. When is it coming? 

kj3PNYP.jpg

But really. The hype is real. What are you guy's most looking forward to? DE gave us plenty to see in the Dev stream a few days back, and that got me shoveling coal for the hype train. I'm looking forward to the Focus system rework so I can start using it effectivly. And fishing. Lots of fishing. 

It can't come soon™ enough!

(What is this, the hundredth thread for PoE?)

Just now, PsiWarp said:

Speaking of idling, I wonder how AFK rules apply in multiplayer and can solo play still pause out on the Plains?

If you go AFK, you get teleported to the Void and forced to Listen to Vor.

Joking of course, even though it is open world, I doubt random encounters will specifically try to hunt you down most of the time. Think of WoW - there are mobs in certain areas, a wondering boss with a patrol area and a lot of free spots in which you can just stop to take a chill pill. 

3 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Tbh I'm less hyped now they've implied that we'll need to fight the boss with the operators.....

Why though?

I really like that they are adding more usefulness to our operators as they are supposed to be more powerful (more volatile) than the warframes because the warframes are used to control their energy. 

They also already have an interaction with the Sentients, in which they can remove their resistances making them more vulnerable. So it would make sense that they would make this bigger sentient vulnerable to attacks as well. 

17 minutes ago, Cradicias said:

I'm looking forward to the Warrior operator mode and crafting my own melee weapon. SO HYPED. Hope it comes this week (but, as there's been no teaser site yet I assume at the earliest it'll be next week).

There's still time for a teaser site if it's a Saturday release, and only do 3-4 tabs but I am expecting next week as well.

I am just excited to explore the plains and massacre all the bases I come across. I'm actually hoping there is one massive fortress somewhere on the plains with extremely heavy defenses, that you can attempt to infiltrate. I'm talking defenses that they put up to try and keep the Eidolons away in addition to Warframes. I'm also interested in the focus rework, and since they mention "physical aspects" of the operator, I want to see how mobile I can make my operator.

Edited by PoisonHD

1 minute ago, InDueTime-EN- said:

Why though?

I really like that they are adding more usefulness to our operators as they are supposed to be more powerful (more volatile) than the warframes because the warframes are used to control their energy. 

They also already have an interaction with the Sentients, in which they can remove their resistances making them more vulnerable. So it would make sense that they would make this bigger sentient vulnerable to attacks as well. 

Some people just don't like operators. 

3 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Tbh I'm less hyped now they've implied that we'll need to fight the boss with the operators.....

Think of it like this; remember how hitting Conculysts and Battalysts disabled their adaptive capabilities for a time? You're basically hitting regions on the [Teralyst/Eidolon?] that are most exposed to Void energy so you can turn off its 'Iron' skin.

Otherwise, amplify your hype for The Sacrificebecause its focus is on Warframes, not Tenno. Hopefully there'll be another Warframe-focused quest after it that should try to push your skills to the edge, and I don't mean dump a kill team of Teralysts(?) on me in a 'Operator feature disabled' Nightmare. Not to mention Umbra.

As for the Plains itself...

I suspect the earliest is this Friday, and the latest being October, regarding its release 'date'.

Elaboration:

Spoiler

I anticipate the Plains to be smaller than expected, and will experiment with an array of Warframe powers to gauge their maximum effective range - such as Hydroid.

In addition, I may try to go get 'Glassframe', though what else I may do is up for speculation.

Generally my actual hype is more for what else they haven't told us; the task of sending our Tenno to the equivalent of a P.E lesson or a Gym session to hone their Void powers so they can actually be a bit more useful as that emergency bit of utility (such as when you forgot your Loki or silent weapons in a spy mission, or when you want to show others how Kuva Cloud Catching is done, or how to disarm a Guardian, or to merely dispel a Sentient's resistances).

If I failed to interpret this correctly, forgive me, but they said that our Tenno will be modded via Arcanes, yes? This means the gear we'll be getting from the vendor in the door-sealed cave is useless, except for the Void Beam 'enhancers' as I'll placehold-call them until official terms come to light.

i want to see how different end of map is compared to starting zone, is it ohh look its just grineer just bigger level or something new OMG THIS IS AMAZING, how operator works and for others asking why people hate, its easy everything is using same energy pool and movement is like going from smooth to very very rough, basicly how warframe move now and in first versions

1 hour ago, phoenix1992 said:

If you go AFK, you get teleported to the Void and forced to Listen to Vor.

Joking of course, even though it is open world, I doubt random encounters will specifically try to hunt you down most of the time. Think of WoW - there are mobs in certain areas, a wondering boss with a patrol area and a lot of free spots in which you can just stop to take a chill pill. 

Vor is so likeable though, 'another dead tenno' is probably my favorite villain line. Vay hek is downright cringe worthy, specially for being the head of them, no pun intended. :crylaugh: 

2 hours ago, LSG501 said:

Operators are going to be compelately changed, with new focus system and arcane and weapons. It's not going to be boring like the current system, it might even be awesome. All we know is that it's completely different to what we know 

1 hour ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Definitely the nerfs. I know I'm in the minority, but whenever the powerlevel of our gear gets lowered I rejoice, because with so much power creep in the game every little bit that works against that is like a godsend.

bqrOKZ.gif

I am sorry but you seem like warframe should not be about hack and slash and being OP. If you want actual balance play WoW or something.

On Topic: I am looking forward to new arcanes and the crafting/rep system within the city area.

I'm looking forward to surface to air combat with archwing, though did I hear right that we wont be using arch-weapons, but our normal ones? that's gonna be interesting if that is in fact the case. 

as for operators, I like my operator I just don't think that theyre developed *cough* enough to deserve all of this attention. they needed parkour and stuffs first. we'll see. if it ends up the same as it is now with no actual improvement to their mobility but only sugar coated talk-to-the-hand-lasers with their respective 'amps' then meh. big fat meh. 

2 hours ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Definitely the nerfs. I know I'm in the minority, but whenever the powerlevel of our gear gets lowered I rejoice, because with so much power creep in the game every little bit that works against that is like a godsend.

Haven't you seen the topic?

Warframe has become an idle clicking game lol.

5 minutes ago, Trommald said:

At 9:12 in the devstream, steve says this month!  If that means anything i'm not sure. 

It is this month, I really doubt they are going to leave the game with no updates whatsoever for months, no new weapons, no new frames, no new content whatsoever.