Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why are you messing up Spy missions...?

ComCray

You know the type.. You walk in undetected (because invisible, ivara.. whatever) in comes cotton-for-brains setting off all alarms... 

Why?

What is the idea?

If you cannot deal with the notion that your teammates might press a button, why play in a team?

Seriously, what is wrong with you? I need to know because my mind just fails to comprehend and that hurts. I comprehend almost everything, including my kids. But this..? This... this... it's painful. 

And even worse: coming in with a volt or ember or rhino or any other non-stealth frame while there's stealth frames ALREADY IN THE THING...

Can't you just wait outside? break some crates? clear a path to the obvious exit? I dunno, anything  but coming in and setting off alarms..?

And then how some of you even manage to subsequently fail the code is absolutely blowing my mind. If you are one of those I want you to go look up the concept "hubris". Go. Read up on it and contemplate how it applies to your... your... [OMG CENSORED].

Please, someone, tell me what the idea is behind this?

What amuses me is how they try to race ahead of you in a data vault and they still end up tripping an alarm, and then immediately leave the session because they know how bad they #*($%%@ up.

Like, I get it that you wanna look like the head honcho but when someone is already at a vault and they look prepared, don't assume they aren't and ruin it for them and leave the mission to avoid facing the consequences of your actions.

Edited by Trowicia

LOL! Sorry Comcray.  I completely understand.  It's also the MAIN reason I always go solo for spy missions when success counts.  

That said, every now and then I will pub them just to see what will happen.  I can happily say that in those times I haven't seen what you described happening much anymore.  But, it does still happen.  Which is confusing when it's done by those with higher MR.  

Heh i was actually one of those idiots in spy mission, but TBH i had no idea what i was doing, tripping alarms, getting hit by laser beams messing up at the hacking. man i was a total mess. Once i was so ashamed cos the guy had done two and i was still trying to figure out the one and totally messed it. I just messaged them and said "man total noob here my bad" and left. unsure how the guy felt but wouldnt be suprised if he as pissed.

But, im a lot better now, i carry with me a ton of hacking cyphers and i know the special entrances to the hacking nodes for most spy mission save a few that have me stumped to do properly so just fumble my way around. 

7 minutes ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

Had a linbo using shade hide in the room and banish ppl that tried to hack forcing the alarm and causing the spy missions to fail.

As someone who uses Limbo to be useful and help in spy missions, this frustrates me. I like using Limbo for Spy missions, I can do Rosalind, Uranus in my sleep after using him to farm Ivara.

This drives me nuts. I don't like soloing Spy missions for sorties because it takes 3x as long, but most of the time someone screws it up. I'm cool with accidents, but the bum rushing, klutz in a china shop tactics really make me mad.

Edited by Ceryk

8 minutes ago, Ceryk said:

I don't like soloing Spy missions for sorties because it takes 3x as long, but most of the time someone screws it up.

Taking 3x as long is much better than having to do the same mission multiple times because some one causing it to fail.  This is a sad truth.  Mostly because of as you mentioned, "Bum rushing, klutz in a china shop tactics".  Nice description by the way.  I like it.  :D

Don't mind me (and many other people) soloing spy missions with frames like Nyx, Valkyr and Ember.

You don't even need invisibility to do spy missions, you just need to know what the hek you're doing. Like if I want to play a spy mission with, let's say Valkyr, I bring a bow, because that way I can, if required, kill some enemies without alerting the whole tileset. Hell, get a Banshee and you could stealth things with a rocket launcher.

If you ask me, using invisiblity or anything else that avoids detection from enemis, I'd say that's just taking the easy way. No skill required.

I admit, the only tileset where I actually dare say that invisibility is almost required is Uranus, because the enemies are just everywhere.

In terms of players who cause an alarm even though somebody is already close to the console, I'd say those are either trolls, or idiots. Or both, who knows.

45 minutes ago, ComCray said:

You know the type.. You walk in undetected (because invisible, ivara.. whatever) in comes cotton-for-brains setting off all alarms... 

Why?

What is the idea?

If you cannot deal with the notion that your teammates might press a button, why play in a team?

Seriously, what is wrong with you? I need to know because my mind just fails to comprehend and that hurts. I comprehend almost everything, including my kids. But this..? This... this... it's painful. 

And even worse: coming in with a volt or ember or rhino or any other non-stealth frame while there's stealth frames ALREADY IN THE THING...

Can't you just wait outside? break some crates? clear a path to the obvious exit? I dunno, anything  but coming in and setting off alarms..?

And then how some of you even manage to subsequently fail the code is absolutely blowing my mind. If you are one of those I want you to go look up the concept "hubris". Go. Read up on it and contemplate how it applies to your... your... [OMG CENSORED].

I do it with non-stealth frames sometimes. I don't really care about corpus spy missions. They wouldn't know a security system if it slapped them in the face......multiple times. For grineer? I only bring stealth frames.

When I fail a spy mission, it's usually my own fault -- I like soloing those vaults. Except for Orokin Vaults. I have yet to get those down.

That being said, I sometimes do run public for the sortie spy missions, and good lord, how I hate it.

Edited by OmegaShadowcry
missed a sentence there.

This is why I always solo my spy missions. I'd much rather know a fail state occurred because I was careless over someone playing something like Rhino and charging through the laser or someone setting off the alarms because they get stunned when they see a high level Corpus hack. The latter happened to me before; my friend and I were just speed running some Corpus spies, me as Loki, him as Limbo, and we were already at two alarms out of three. We were both standing at the door before the terminal, and I told him over whatever we were using to voice chat to just let me do the hacking since he was unfamiliar with it. What happens? Door opens, he rushes straight to the terminal, starts hacking, and all I hear from him is "Uuuh..." Needless to say, failed hack, third alarm, mission becomes exterminate. I was a tad peeved and he learned a lesson on crafting/using Cyphers when being unfamiliar with how those hacks work, and he's better at hacking the terminals now since he loves running through Pavlov, Lua to grind affinity.

35 minutes ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

Had a linbo using shade hide in the room and banish ppl that tried to hack forcing the alarm and causing the spy missions to fail.

This. This right here is why I never trust Limbo players, especially on spy missions. One of my friends throwing down a Cataclysm and kicking me off the terminal because he "didn't know it'd go that far" despite having extended range on his Limbo was enough to frustrate me, so I can only imagine the rage that would come out of Limbo players doing something like that on purpose

I've been leveling gear, and thought, oh hey, a Crossfire Fissure.

It loads and it turns out to be a Crossfire Spy Fissure, I had my Rhino. Well, get 'ur done, I proceed to the first Vault and suffice to say as I am completing the Vault I see the other two purging and shortly after the host leaves. After a few migrations only one Vault was successful, and only two players remained of four.

At least we didn't have a condition that required multiple Vaults to avoid failure.

1 hour ago, ComCray said:

coming in with a volt or ember or rhino or any other non-stealth frame while there's stealth frames ALREADY IN THE THING...

Sorry but I'm 99% of the time faster at beating it when people are halfway through with their stealth frames while running my Oberon. If you're taking forever I'm going to sweep through it regardless.

Generally I don't pub spy missions, though, because people refuse to learn how to do them the fastest ways and either take forever, fail them, or generally just screw things up for everyone else.

2 hours ago, ComCray said:

Why?

What is the idea?

If they didn't do it, they would never be able to check the forums for your response.

never put it in friend can join, why?

I tell you the story what happen to me when my friend join the game.

Once on the spy mission I was playing ivra who actually minding my own busniess collecting goal mission, as collecting A it wasn't bad, then B also wasn't bad until I got the scanning room I didn't have problem until I noticed a friend was joining in the mission and the first thing first I said oh ###! I better roll, but rolling didn't anything when I skip by the scanner, but it spawn my friend right into the scanner then the bombarder was shooting my friend while he is loading into the game and pushing me right into it as I saying my second word "###!" pushing me back more and trying rush though trying pass by them, but my friend was playing valkery so she pull me back trying rush to the hacking progress which I know my friend is terrible hacker so he left me to die and he try hack the door before the bombarder was getting close, but shoot at him.  3 time fail temp hack he did and 4th one open the door, but when the final rocket hit him in the back he died like a dumb $### @######## and end up my mission a failer when I revived and trying get in quick.

whatever you do DO NOT LET A TERRIBLE FRIEND WHO IS BRAINLESS THINKING HE IS GOING BE A BOSS!  Oh also always play solo unless you got good group ppl who know how to do with spies.

I may have only played a bit lately due to some reasons,  but i've always run anything with pub. Never have i encountrerd these things,  lucky, i guess? 

My non normal run was only at one time,  all 3 of us was waiting for one guy to finish his vault,  he couldn't,  typed in chat, came rushing,  and we extracted.