Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question: Do you regularly use Operators more than you absolutely have to?

Toran

11 minutes ago, Toran said:

Please answer with Yes or No, followed by a very brief commentary why. Thanks.

Yes.

It is quite fun with the damage shields and healing from Vazarin (focus 2.0). Unless I want to fish, then I Ignore the operator al together and take a useless focus.

Since focus is so expensive and it requires a crap ton of focus xp to get those idiots to be usable no i dont i just use energizing dash and thats it,not to mention their new equipment from the quills syndicate which is gonna take months to get if i even decide to bother with it

Edited by Gravitus123

I like the concept of the Operator.  The thing that's actually holding me back from using it more is their squishiness and how long it's going to take to get them up to speed for anything beyond level 10 enemies.  Also, leaving my Warframe behind makes me uncomfortable, despite the darn thing being immortal while I'm marching around like I'm naked.

Though if I had to ask for one change, I'd appreciate if we could physically age the Operator.  The Warframe is the super suit, a 14 year old and a 25 year old human would be effectively the same before the enemies of the Tenno.  Plus, our Operators stand as tall as an Ostron and up to the shoulders of our Warframes?  If anything, they're underdeveloped for their supposed age.

Edited by Littleman88

Yes. They can be pretty durable now if you are using defensive schools.

Cant say much of their attack power at moment because I'm still at Neutral on the Quills and have nothing on offensive Focus schools. But I now have motivation to get there now.

I only switch to Operators for the passives then immediately switch back to the Warframe (you know, Warframe, the actual name of the game)

Wanting to play as the Operator is like wanting to play as Conrad Verner in the Mass Effect trilogy

I'm having a blast experimenting right now and can see a lot of opportunities once I get a good amount of gear. I don't mind the grind, it's supposed to take a while and most of the stuff with the revamped focus system and operators has been barely scratched by the community. I see about a month or two before we get a post that says "I finally got full gear and a decent amount of focus, here's how to really play as 2 entities."

And the major complaint about operators being forced, I can still play without them no problem, I personally like the added mechanics, so I'm gonna use them. If you really do not like operators,  OP, then simply do not bother with the system and do other things. It's a really simple concept. 

No. 

Brief comment...mmm...mostly it's because the Operator isn't the avatar I signed up to use way back when. A large degree of this is simple inertia, but I also don't like the limitations the present keybinds place on me. If I have to radically redo keybinds--which will affect every aspect of my gameplay negatively for a long time--to use this new feature, I'm not inclined to use it much. 

I don't have a problem with the operators from a story/lore perspective. It's strictly a mechanical thing and one I'm loathe to modify since so much muscle memory is involved. 

No.

Just not a fun or entertaining way to play the game. They are kind of a drag.  I greatly dislike their movement, how fragile they are, and how over all weak they are. Then there is the fact that they are kids. I hate anytime they have dialogue in a quest, so cringey.

Only useful for activating passives imo.

The best thing I can say about them is that they are optional and can just be ignored.

Edited by blackheartstar_pc

I do use the operator regularly, but mostly for the void mode or energy dash. Reason is because my operator's damage is still low and I'm trying to get the amp from quills (the 3 pieces for mote), but 1 of the components for the pieces is really bothersome to get. It's the murkray fish (liver), where murkray only spawns with special murkray bait that you only have acess when you're rank 2 with the ostrons... lame.

They just feel weird, but im trying to learn to love them.

I dont "get" the concept though. Im trying to imagine how this plays out from a story standpoint, and its just weird. 

I would be FAR more comfortable with them if My WF became a specter- in fact, i'd probably love double teaming enemies with my WF if that was the case

No (I don't count activating passives at mission start). But I will occationally use my OP for resses (thanks to Lisztomaniac for the tip).

Too much fuss, too little gain. This won't hold me back from putting my focus (pun intended) on Destiny 2 next week. I still play Warframe along, but I won't throw myself in the treadmill this time.