Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon: Update 22.5.0 + 22.5.0.1

[DE]Rebecca

5 minutes ago, T3Wanderer said:

I'm still getting soft locked randomly at the end of missions with the results screen not displaying anything and the game refusing to extract back tot he ship, as well as when I try to go to the mission progress screen. I have to alt+F4 the game and boot it up. As of yet I've found no correlation to when it happen.

Same x 1000.

10 minutes ago, Aggh said:

No, that's an assumption that you're making without any actual proof behind it.  If that's the case, then why wasn't Nyx's nemesis skin called a proto skin?

The reason behind that is Nyx wasn't called Nyx in Dark Sector. She was referred to as the Nemesis, so the name works. In that same regard, Hayden Tenno wasn't called Excalibur either, nor was he technically the first unless the suit Hayden picked up was built before the Nemesis suit was. At any case, someone's wehing over absolutely nothing. "Proto" doesn't imply the Dark Sector origins. It simply implies it was an early make of Volt.

I like this skin quite a bit, reminds me very much of the design philosophy behind all the early frames. Slight dark sector vibes as well. Nice to see that the old concept art actually got some love.

However I don't really get the complaints though, this is a "proto" skin, not a deluxe skin. Its simple, but not too simple, but not too overdone either, and it harkens to a different design style compared to regular warframe (just like excal-proto) The Ember and nova deluxe skins? Sure, I understand the complaints, but they don't really work here.

Il y a 4 heures, [DE]Rebecca a dit :
  • Dropped Sentient Cores now have a minimap icon and in-world marker to display their position!

Vaccum please. This makes no sense, other then annoy players. After every run people compare numbers and someone gets sad because he missed some. Marker on the PoE map are really hard to define. Same goes with minerals. 

On 11/30/2017 at 11:52 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Volt Changes:
Since Volt has a new cosmetic entry, we've reviewed some long-requested QoL tweaks to his abilities to go along with it!
We will be monitoring this very closely to make sure we haven't introduced exploitative power behaviour. Please leave your feedback in the appropriate subforum.

• Added a minimum Duration for enemies affected by Discharge under the 'coil' CC effect. This could allow for possible modding diversity knowing minimum Duration for the 'coil' CC effect won't fall below 4 seconds.
  • Removed the passive 5 Energy per second drain from Volt’s Electric Shield when moving with it. The 1 Energy per meter drain remains.
  • Increased the base DPS of Discharge (from 450 at max rank to 750).
  • Discharge is now castable in the air.

I still wish his passive was better and I don't think these tweaks hit the mark (by a good margin), but nonetheless thank you for taking another look at him.  Seriously, thank you all.

Still no fix for this and for Mag Prime's shoulder pieces not been removable on Pneuma skin. The same goes with Hydroid Prime shoulders. Volt Prime can equip his regular version of shoulder armors, but there are no options for Oberon Prime, Banshee Prime and Frost Prime (although it's just a recolor of the normal Frost).

3 hours ago, krc473 said:

You should probably say what the soft lock is. If DE reads through the comments it might be useful to tell them.

I assume it’s controller bugging mission reports.

I have posted numerous times wtf is going on. As many other people. Same fixes that cause more bugs. 

Its simple, After every mission you get the reward screen that is blank, acts like its gonna take u back to ship then dumps u back into mision extract and u cant do anything but alt f4, Been so many people post about this and almost 2 weeks and not a damn thing done about it, But we can get some fixes to Mirage and whatever else.

Then a hour later get another hotfix.

2 hours ago, Motownisback23 said:

I have posted numerous times wtf is going on. As many other people.

If you’re not going to tell them what the bug is, don’t post. Soft lock on mission report when using controller would have been sufficient. You know, so we know it is not “soft lock on spear getting stuck in the sun” (not a bug). DE may not know how to fix the issue yet, but could be working on a fix.

Yes, I get this too. Yes, it is annoying, to the point where it is barely worth playing the game. There is just little point if you have to alt f4 every 10 minutes.

1 hour ago, amadeusgrim said:

i would like to say this. the cap creates a serious issue.

At this point we may want to push for a soft cap (I posted in the newer update thread). Damage would be reduced as more electricity arcs between enemies so that the total damage doesn't become insane - and would allow enemies to be CC'ed for the full duration.

5 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Dropped Sentient Cores now have a minimap icon and in-world marker to display their position!

more clutter on the already crowded screen?

how nice

I know we already have a ton of on/off buttons in the menus, but I still want more

• I don't want or need to see convergence orbs
  • ayatan stars
  • way point markers
  • objective markers
  • lotus and friends faces
  • down/revive markers
  • and now sent. cores

all at once

取消三技"電磁護盾"在手持模式時的每秒耗能,只保留移動距離耗能。----手持模式本來就是為了移動,根本無感的改動

四技還是大砍施法時間比較重要,不然每次都像被釘在十字架上等死一樣

Gotta say as a connoisseur of volt fashion im really upset with this skin. Its like you've taken my favorite frame, stripped him of what made him unique and then shoved him into a gimp suit. Not to mention we already had a deluxe hammer skin aswell. Why do we need another one. it dosnt even look good either.

Ever since Ignus left the deluxe skins have really gone down hill

Cool Volt skin. I like the pulsing energy effects a lot. Almost enough to want to play him a little here and there. 

The Cathode Syandana is very cool in model, but the middle part of the lightning is a bit too stiff when swinging around. Not calling for neigh-weightless, but probably middle-weight cloth physics: something like that of the Lucra, Setka Syandana, Vexillus Cloak, or even Kuva Braid. 

7 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

*SNIP*

Volt Changes:
Since Volt has a new cosmetic entry, we've reviewed some long-requested QoL tweaks to his abilities to go along with it!
We will be monitoring this very closely to make sure we haven't introduced exploitative power behaviour. Please leave your feedback in the appropriate subforum.

• Added a minimum Duration for enemies affected by Discharge under the 'coil' CC effect. This could allow for possible modding diversity knowing minimum Duration for the 'coil' CC effect won't fall below 4 seconds.
  • Removed the passive 5 Energy per second drain from Volt’s Electric Shield when moving with it. The 1 Energy per meter drain remains.
  • Increased the base DPS of Discharge (from 450 at max rank to 750).
  • Discharge is now castable in the air.

*SNIP*

So, first off, about this qualifier...  Volt is a 'Frame that's been RADICALLY underpowered since the second line of 'Frames came out.  I comewhat doubt that ANYTHING you've done is going to be "exploitative".

-Minimum duration for coiled enemies is a badly needed trait, and thank you for that.  We won't die in animation lock now.

-Y'all took off the energy per SECOND, but left the energy per METER???  This means you've not approached the issue.  This does not fix the problems of Volt being slowed AND punished for carrying the shield around, when we have direct immortality buttons in game.  This works against what Volt IS.  If you're punished in your mobility while trying to carry the shield AND PAY PER METER then nothing is any better here.  I DO appreciate the attempt, but this isn't fixing the issue with the Riot Shield.

-Discharge's DPS bump may help the ability kill things for a few more levels.  I don't know if this was needed at all or not, as I've never had any real issues here, but okay.

-HALLELUJAH!!!  Finally we'll no longer be locked out of casting our 4th ability by bad ground detection!  This means we get something we ACTUALLY NEEDED here VERY BADLY!!!

As to the Proto skin.....  Holy hell is that thing UGLY, an' it ain't got no alibi.  No thank you.

7 hours ago, LIKE_A_PR3DAT0R said:

R.I.P deluxe and "proto" skin

Really DE? i miss IgnusDei style for real now.... pass the ember skin that don't look really bad , but ne nekros and volt one...

You're kinda inverted on that viewpoint, Nekros's skin is one of the really good ones that a lot of people I've talked to have liked, whereas dislike the ember one highly. I'm impartial on the volt skin.

i have excal, ash, and nekros(i hardly even play as nekros) deluxe skins but sadly Volt(one of my two mains), i will not be getting.  i dislike the whole look and the weapon skin too.  DE how about selling the deluxe weapons skins by themselves?  i dont play/own all the frames but i like some of the weapon skins.  u did this for the proto glave.

Yet again DE manages to completely miss the mark on Volt.

And I quote direct from the Market: "This is a high damage warframe perfect for players who want a potent alternative to gunplay"

There are 2 alternatives to gunplay. Abilities and melee. Volt cannot do either very well. Volt's abilities may as well not have a damage component past lv 30 enemies. Melee does enough damage and thus has some potential but Volt is too squishy past lv 70 enemies to be in close range and he has no damage mitigation. Furthermore his kit is full of odd contradictions.

This post emphasizes the melee aspects of volt. There are many Warframes that cater to gunplay and/or abilities far better than Volt does. Players looking for gunplay should not be looking to Volt.

My credentials: 2199 hours on the in game clock, Volt and Volt prime have a combined usage of 28.7% with the next highest as Chroma at 11%, MR24.

The thing that Volt offers that no other frame does is the Speed ability. No other warframe can boost movement speed AND melee speed at the same time to the same extent that Volt can. Combined with high power strength makes for an incredibly fun experience. Volt should be built around Speed with an emphasis as a melee caster yet currently a significant part of his kit punishes attacking/moving or forces Volt to stay still and that is an enormous design failure that the Design Lead has failed to address again and again.

Issues:

1.      Contradictory/poorly designed kit. Tries to do everything, does nothing.

2.      Too fragile to be end game (vs Lv 100) viable.

Kit: I wont throw around too many numbers. These are my opinions from having tried to take a melee volt into lv 80-100 content again and again alongside about an hours worth of very basic testing in simulacrum

Passive: Volt's passive may as well not exist (Except when it’s used for fishing, then it’s awesome). I do not recall whether or not it adds after calculations or to base damage but it is ultimately irrelevant. Getting that 1000 damage takes 10-15s (Tested on a 384% power strength build, sprinting, in Simulacrum) of doing NOTHING but running around. You cant shoot, you cant melee, NOTHING. Worse, even if you do decide to charge it, you can miss with the charged attack. So in reality you don’t even get 1000 damage, you get a very small fraction of that damage if anything at all.

Shock:

1.      Weak damage, no scaling. 384% power strength strikes a normal lv 80 heavy gunner for 44 damage, lv 80 lancer for 159.

2.      Cast is too slow. Volt is fast and squishy. If I turn a corner into a napalm or hyekka master I need those units stunned Immediately. Current cast speed means that some % of the time the napalm/hyekka manages to fire anyway and I die because I cannot avoid the projectile at point blank.

3.      often fails to interrupt big attacks (napalms, bombards, etc)

4.      Needs to be aimed very precisely at enemies otherwise it wont hit. Precise aiming becomes very difficult to do the faster you go. This also effectively makes the augment useless.

5.      Cost of 25 energy is too high for a brief 5 enemy stun.

6.      This ability needs power strength, efficiency, and range to be effective. Range is a dump stat for a melee volt. Meaning this ability is effectively a single target stun.

Speed:

1.      Base duration is too low. My builds hover between 150 and ~200% duration giving me 15 and 20s respectively. Having to constantly refresh the ability is fatiguing.

Electric shield: This ability is completely contradictory to Volt’s kit and stated purpose.

1.      Warframe is a fast paced mobile shooter, Volt is a frame emphasizing movement. This ability Volt and teammates to stand still to make use of this ability.

2.      Amps bullets shot through shield. Volt is supposed to be an alternative to gunplay yet here is an ability that emphasizes standing still and shooting enemies.

3.      Very small coverage. Especially on PoE the shield is laughably small. Volt will never be Frost and I don’t want volt to ever be a defense oriented frame.

Riot shield.

1.      Cost: energy to cast, energy cost to carry, affected by duration. If energy were money and EA was the designer this is what I would expect to happen. No other ability in warframe nickle and dimes the player like this for so little return

2.      Tiny coverage: only covers the front of the warframe. AOE attacks most lethal to volt (rockets, flamethrowers, Toxic ancient spray) tend to ignore the shield if you are not perfectly aligned. Often in game and especially in PoE you are getting shot from all sides.

3.      Automatically dropped on entering operator mode: This ability punishes trying to use virtually every one of the few positives about Operator combat (void dash, Energizing Dash, Magus Elevate) by making you stop and pick up the shield after each time you swap out.

Discharge

1.      Long cast time

2.      Locks Volt in place during cast

3.      No invulnerability during cast

4.      Damage cap

5.      Delayed damage

6.      Requires power range which is a dump stat

7.      Tiny damage. 384% strength build does 80 and 292 damage/tick to a lv 80 heavy gunner and lancer respectively

Fragility: Melee volt is extremely fragile. At lv 90 enemies every Volt build I have tried (one of which combined Primed flow, Quick thinking, Vigor, Steel Fiber, and Rage) will inevitably and with frustrating frequency, be destroyed in 1-2 seconds or just outright one shot. Volts contradictory kit leaves him with defensive options that leave him either immobile or are punishingly costly defensive. Options that do not work much of the time, are insufficiently powerful, or are severely inhibited if decides to play Volt has he is marketed.

Contrast this to Mesa where near instant unavoidable death almost never occurs since despite being theoretically fragile and constantly transitioning into an immobile turret she has the following:

1.An easily achieved long duration 95% damage reduction

2. An automatic continuous 360 degree long ranged CC that travels with her

3. Peacemaker which outputs better damage at a safer range than any Volt can

Suggestions:

Given DE’s allergy to expending significant effort to reworking and improving old frames I’ll keep these “realistic” suggestions simple.

Passive: Copy and paste Arc Coil from Diriga. Increase status chance to 50%

Shock: Copy and paste Desiccation from Inaros. Reskin with electric particles.

Speed: Base cost to 30. Base duration to 15s.

Electric Shield: Copy and paste Shatter Shield from Mesa.

Discharge: Copy and paste MPrime. Reskin with electric particles.

Ideally I would like:

Passive 1: Sprinting/parkour builds damage reduction over 1500m up to a max of 95% rapidly decaying over 5s if Volt stops. Moving again will resume increasing damage reduction.

Passive 2: Sprinting builds up charge over distance covered, 50m for 100 charge, max of 100 charge. Charge behaves like Mutation stacks except they are expended with ability casts. All of volt’s abilities scales with Charge

Shock: A Desiccation like ability that scales with melee mods and Charge. Minimum range 15m

Speed: Base cost to 30. Base duration to 15s. Also scales parkour stats. Innate shocking speed. Scales with Charge.

Electric Shield: One handed ability, casting does not affect movement. Running through the shield confers flat armor (similar to Renewal) to allies for the duration of the ability. Hold down to supercharge with additional %electric damage/crit damage. Both additional armor and damage scale with charge. All bonuses will immediately apply to Volt on cast.

Discharge: Essentially Virulence that is cast and expands like MPrime.

Archived