Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: 2017's Final Devstream #103!

[DE]Rebecca

Has there been any thought about updating some of the older frames' ability casting animations like Mirage, Trinity and Nyx?

With the recent release of Mirage Prime's trailer, it feels as if the Hall of Mirrors in the video matched her personality more than what is currently in-game. Mirage also has all of her abilities except Prism using the same cast animation.

As for Trinity and Nyx, they seem to share the same animation for Nyx's Mind Control and Trintiy's Energy Vampire/Link, despite the frames having different playstyles for the most part.

Is there any way we can get a QoL addition of a timer for all kind of missions, just like the Survival one, so that we can see how fast we run or how long we've been on this Interception or that Defense, without resorting to external programs or IRL stopwatches, etc.

Thanks for your attention.

I have a couple questions regarding Volt:

1. So about that proto skin, to clarify, does this mean that proto will be a new line of cosmetics and Volt (and perhaps excalibur) will be getting new “proper” deluxe skins? (I use the word proper to speak of skins labeled as deluxe instead of proto)

2. There seems to be a hard time balancing Volt as he is now, especially with scott saying he isn’t meant to be cc, from the player’s side the issue is that he seems to do so many things we really don’t know what he is supposed to be. So I ask scott, what is Volt meant to be and does he think that he might be in need of a harder, perhaps ‘excalibur tier’ rework?

—————

Definitely the most impactful moment was in tennocon with the reveal of PoE, the mostly for the fact it meant an entirely new field and dimension for the game.

Favorite Warframe 2017 memory? It would have to be loading into Cetus/PoE recalling memories from being at Tennocon. Honestly made me fall in love with the game all over again and puts weight behind the 4+ years I've been playing. Looking forward to the next few! (and Tennocon 2018!)

So for my question, one of the things you guys wanted to do this year was make dojos/clans great again but we haven't seen any major changes happen like the kingpin system(Enemy Cells), decorations, etc. What can we expect going into 2018? I haven't updated my large thread in a while, so we need some new things to talk about! 

My favourite Warframe memory was just a quick little in game moment, where I slammed an Ancient Healer off the ground just in time for the Nidus I was running with to rip it out of the air with his 2. That was cool.

And to quote half the people here for my question: How far off completion is Excalibur Umbra, and are there plans for any other Umbra frames?

food for thought

short question: DE, do you expect to look back at some mods of the actual system that can't fit anywhere?

long question: many mod's categories can't be used on any build, because they are outdated (pure status mods), surpassed (ammo mods) or even almost an waste of slot if you don't play the way this mod is asking (Channeling, Acolyte mods and even some augments), which makes the Warframe mod's system proposal an bit... problematic, since the idea of this system is giving to the players our freedom of choice about how we should mod our weapons:

- do you want to solve the ammo issues of the weapon? go for it

- maybe you want even more firepower, so i bring those corrupted mods for you, but you will have an penalty by going too far

- want to use my meele weapon as quick shield, while playing with your guns? so, put some mods on my Dakra Prime with auto-parry and switch speed and makes you feel like ninja with high perceptiveness, even more if the weapon is on main hand (i know that exist Reflex Guard, but its linked to the warframe, not the weapon itself, plus those force animations that stuck the player and deny his ability to act)

- do you want to becomes an almost unstoppable juggernaut (not the infested) tank? equip some armor, health and shield, but you should adapt based on your actual warframe... and have reason that doesn't make you decide to invest "shield into Inaros" or "health into Mag", just because one or another protection layer are useless (i know that, right now, health and armor are much better than shield, only Harrow should invest shields because his ability use it and his passive helps).

obviously, i'm not asking that mod's system can outflaw every failure of every weapon/warframe, but at least, since they share the same slots, they should have "almost" equal value between each other.

what DE think about it?

This may have been killed off in the time that I stepped away from Warframe, but are there still plans to rework the daily reward system?  If I remember correctly, the original concept for it was that you could select what reward you wanted to build towards.  I can see how this could be problematic because everyone would almost automatically be going for Primed Fury as well as the later weapons such as the Zenith and personally the Sigma and Octantis.  Perhaps you could make it so that the primed mods were locked off and kept at their specific intervals, and as opposed to giving the specific weapon for that tier.  That way, players can make informed decisions as to what they want while balance still hangs over things like the Primed Mods.  I'm not a game dev though, so my opinions on this should be taken with a grain of salt just as anybody else's should.

Waterslap :meridian::vazarin:

Question: How has the Warframe conceptualization/creation process changed over the years? Or has it stayed the same?

Memory of 2017: My first Balor Fomorian event. Rushing a Grineer version of an Imperial Star Destroyer while avoiding a massive laser AND enemy units, all to dismantle the Fomorian from the inside? Awesome as hell man!

Favorite moment: The Tennocon reveals, followed by the time I killed a Dargyn with a fishing spear, and it dropped System Reroute. 

Question: Has there been any progress on the Corpus spider-robots that were teased some time ago? Will they come with the next landscape area?

Questions

1) With regards to focus nodes with additional energy cost(e.g. Lightning dash) is it possible at all to have the energy cost reduced or even removed once you hit max rank in the node? Being sort of punished by having less operator abilities after investing so much time maxing the node just feels bad.

2) Arcane slots not tied to cosmetics? Currently the one thing that really stops me from buying more cosmetics is the fact that I am unable to attach the same arcanes that I have to all my different warframes unless I use the same cosmetic for them all. I understand that distillers are a thing and am very grateful they exist but it really is quite cumbersome to have to do that everytime.

3) Eidolon lures getting stuck- is there anything that can be done to help prevent many of these incidents from happening or to make the ai a little better? Currently this is a problem to a very great part of warframe - the teralyst fight- if this could be fixed im sure there will be many people that will be happy.

Favourite memory

My most recent good memory of the game is the one night cycle where me and a public squad manage to kill 10 teralyst a night. It was a combination of having a  good squad where everyone knew what they were doing as well as a good amount of luck as no lures were stuck and vombalysts spawn were on point. I really enjoyed myself that day. 

I hope my questions can be answered and that everyone at DE have a great holiday after a wonderful year of making warframe such a great game

My favorit moment is just returning back to the game after a year of not playing and very happy to do that now warframe is my top main game to have fun with only thing missing for me in warframe is Endgame[endgame means a more challanging hard content with complex mechanics ] what up with that? and also why would we cant use companions and sentinels together is that isnt possible? this is my 2 questions i would like to ask this devstream and happy new year to all who make this Game and put effort to it and for gamers playing this game and it is the best Ongoing Game

Archived