Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Beam Weapons Revisited!

[DE]Rebecca

6 hours ago, Nazariy said:

I'm not saying every weapon has to suit every environment, but the weapons that are under active revision (or at least some of them) should be suited to the environment that's under active development. If the current update were U22 Narrow Corridors of Eidolon, I'd change my tune.

Think my original post still kind of answers this but anyways.

They still work, just not everywhere and you have to adapt your playstyle and whether you use them or not. Other weapons exist and some with Poe in mind so they should be considered more over beam weapons which clearly have a limited range.

They were initially created for or with a  certain environment in mind at the time so they serve that purpose. I'm just not seeing a real issue here as it's rather apparent what limitations De want to have with beam weapons. At least for the time being.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Phage needs more like 25% crit as status is trash on shotguns anyway, and REALLY horrible on beam weapons, so absolutely terrible on a beam shotgun.

We don't know if it will still be a shotgun based thing AND beam weapon status is changing completely. Not gonna be that terrible per second stuff

Plus 31% status chance is enough to get 100% which is terribly good on shotguns

My Cycron is ready. That juicy Riven which adds Damage, Fire Rate and Reload Speed is ready

I am happy I did not sell my Flux Rifle and Glaxion.

My Ignis Wraith is more than happy to take over ember now.

For EVERYONE who considers this update a "nerf" to beam weapons:

Beam Weapons got their damage lowered ,sure, however they got status/sec removed and replaced with damage per instance/tick, beam weapons will now be the most status effective weapons in the game, abble to proc a status effect for every instance of damage, roughly 10 instances happen in one tick, one tick! After the update Beam Weapons will not be weaker, but far stronger than most rifles supported by their new unique damage/status mechanic.

Bassically, a rifle can do 7 status effects in a second.

While a Beam can do 30+ status effects in a second.

Yup beam weapon now is heavy STATUS base which can open to many new builds/ways to play the game now 
Applause to DE for this change but i kinda worry that Beam weapon gonna outDPS all the rest of the weapon kits we have (need testing so it just concern)

6 hours ago, LuinCeltchar said:

I don't need to wait and see to know that no innate punch-through and a 33% reduction in range is going to kill Ignis/IgnisW for me since crate clearing is the only thing I use it for. I just hope DE aren't preparing to slow the pace of the game down with damage 2.5, otherwise I'm out. The fast pace is the only thing that makes the mostly atrocious RNG somewhat bearable.

Same here, was the reason I used it as well. Loved it so much I put 7 forma into it. Well, I'm just going to have to wait until they either 1. Post a updated version of this rework like with the previous Warframe and Weapon changes or 2. Get it in game and test it out. Sadly, i'll probably be putting it away indefinitely. (unless these changes make it more viable in 50-60 encounters in which case, refer to #2 lol)

Laser's have technically infinite range but reduced intensity over distance, but apparently in DE's logic laser's have the smallest range. Ok. Also would rather prefer demonstration of the new mechanics than just a post of how it's better, since I'm having difficulty to say if it's a strict upgrade or just roundabout way of saying it's mastery fodder. Also are these damage values 10% version or the 100% version of the final values?

Just noting, this isn't as convenient as the other Dev Workshops in terms of presentation. Without the current numbers, it takes a bit more time to research how much everything is getting changed by (EG Blahblah 200 to 240 Damage etc). I just think that the presentation could be improved upon, sorry and thank you.

1 hour ago, Kurokoz said:

We don't know if it will still be a shotgun based thing AND beam weapon status is changing completely. Not gonna be that terrible per second stuff

Plus 31% status chance is enough to get 100% which is terribly good on shotguns

Oh, ther changing the per second mechanic? In that case... I'm intrigued!

vor 10 Stunden schrieb [DE]Rebecca:

Ignis Wraith

Mastery Rank 9

Damage 35 Heat

Fire Rate 8

Status Chance 29%

Critical Chance 17%

Critical Damage 2.5x

Magazine 200/800 Capacity

27m Range

0.15m beam thickness expanding to 3m at end point

Flame passes through all avatars damaging them but will now be stopped by level geometry and require punch through mods to penetrate walls. We had to make some compromises in the base beam functionality to properly have the flame pass through avatars and hit everything like a flamethrower, but punch-through Mods can be used for those who valued it's wall-clearing behaviour

So you're boosting the DMG, Crit Chance & Status Chance, but higher the MR, nearly halving the Range and delete the punsh through..

Im not so happy with it, even if it seemed to be weak after some last patches.. But ill see if i can put one of my fav. into the trash or not

11 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Embolist

Mastery Rank 9

Fire Rate 8

Damage 35 Poison

Status Chance 41%

Critical Chance 3%

Reload 1.3secs

9m Range

1m Radius at beam end point

.5 Ammo requirement

11 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Mastery Rank 5

Fire Rate 8

Damage 29 Fire

Status Chance 21%

Critical Chance 15%

Critical Damage 1.7x

Magazine 70/300 Capacity

15m Range

Last time I checked we are in damage 2.0, Not damage 1.0, Poison and Fire are from Damage 1.0 which were replaced by Toxin and Heat, you should probably change this to stop confusion.

Archived