Damage 26 Freeze

Fire Rate 12

Status Chance 34%

Critical Chance 8%

Reload Time 2.2secs

Magazine 80/720 Capacity

24m Range

.5 Ammo requirement

Also what ever freeze damage is, it is definitely not part of Damage 2.0 as it was probably also replaced with cold damage.

11 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Amprex

Mastery Rank 10

Damage 24 Electricity

Fire Rate 12

Status Chance 22%

Critical Chance 32%

Critical Damage 2.2x

14m Range

Magazine 100/700 Capacity

.5 Ammo requirement

Amprex changes (50% Crit chance to 32%, 2.0x crit damage to 2.2x crit damage) might be game changing but, it is stated that they are changing how damage is being handled, since they can now handle the game performance issues that once occurred in a veteran era 5 years ago.

10 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Ignis Wraith

Mastery Rank 9

Damage 35 Heat

Fire Rate 8

Status Chance 29%

Critical Chance 17%

Critical Damage 2.5x

Magazine 200/800 Capacity

27m Range

0.15m beam thickness expanding to 3m at end point

Flame passes through all avatars damaging them but will now be stopped by level geometry and require punch through mods to penetrate walls. We had to make some compromises in the base beam functionality to properly have the flame pass through avatars and hit everything like a flamethrower, but punch-through Mods can be used for those who valued it's wall-clearing behaviour.

This is the only one I care about. The Ignis Wraith followed by the Ignis are my two most used weapons in the game (I just enjoy Flamethrowers, even after reaching MR25 and "burning through" all other weapon types, these 2 are still my favorites) and next to them, there are few other go to weapons in the game for me save my trusty Zaw, "Hokie Pokie". So I am a little apprehensive with changes to my favorite gear which I have invested much forma and kuva into to get the build good enough to take on sorties, trials, and endurance runs as well whipping up a frenzy in my CLAN during the Pacifism Defect event to ensure that we had the blueprint in the dojo. So I hope that this change in the stats and mechanics of weapon is not just for the sake of change, and I'm crossing my fingers for good things. Speaking of changes, for the "Hotheads" like me that like the choice of comparing old Ignis Wraith stats with new(maybe), here are the differences that I've noted:

OLD                             New

Mastery                6                                  9
Range                 25 m                            27m
Fire Rate             10                                 8
Total Damage      Heat 25                        Heat 35
Crit Chance         12%                             17%
Crit Multiplier        2.0x                             2.5x
Status Chance     30% per second          29% (no longer per second, I'll have to get my hands on this to really get a feel for the difference)
Punch Through    2.0 m                           (?)m

Overall, I am pretty happy. However, while I am a fan of some of the buffs, the loss of innate environment punch through makes me a little grumpy lol. If punch through mods can be used to reintroduce that part of the mechanic since many of us use the Ignis for precisely that purpose, why remove its innate at all?

6 minutes ago, Guy3nder said:

Why are these fools, still NERFING MY AMPREX? THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE! 

Lol, Hmm actually remembered Vay Hek does have a mini magnetic amprex (Kind of looks like the amprex Effects), just in case you missed read the first two paragraphs of the thread, probably why they are "nerfing it"

7 minutes ago, Guy3nder said:

Why are these fools, still NERFING MY AMPREX? THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE! 

It's not being nerfed. Fire rate and critical damage along with the buff to base damage actually make it stronger, and the buff to status chance may actually make it very good. You have to consider that this thing ccan deal pure radiation and pure corrosive damage.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Crixus044 said:

It's not being nerfed. Fire rate and critical damage along with the buff to base damage actually make it stronger, and the buff to status chance may actually make it very good. You have to consider that this thing ccan deal pure radiation and pure corrosive damage.

50% cc decreased to 32% cc makes it lose its ability to hit 25% crit level 2 (125% modded cc) with just 1 mod though

Just now, zegonix said:

well those changes look really nice! but PLEASE buff the argonaks semi auto modes base damage. its such a great weapon, but due to its (for a semi auto rifle) S#&$ty dmg it suck versus enemies above lvl 65

you're on the wrong location, this is focused for beam weapons

4 minutes ago, Xsoskeleton said:

50% cc decreased to 32% cc makes it lose its ability to hit 25% crit level 2 (125% modded cc) with just 1 mod though

I think you can still hit orange crits but they just won't be all over the place like they used to be. (I think you'll hit orange crits if you put on Argon scope) but I will miss those orange numbers flying all over the place 

2 minutes ago, ganjou234 said:

Crit chance was great and all, but the status chance changes are irrelevant? This thing will be a status freak.

Well there are plenty of status weapons in this game. I personally loved the Amprex for the orange crits flying all over the place. It's what makes the weapon fun to me.

1 minute ago, krabbie229 said:

I think you can still hit orange crits but they just won't be all over the place like they used to be. (I think you'll hit orange crits if you put on Argon scope) but I will miss those orange numbers flying all over the place 

i mainly bring it for hunter mod set while i also have cc riven for it, but i dont think Hunter Synergy counts buffs into its stats

16 minutes ago, krabbie229 said:

Or utilize vigilant mods such as armaments, offense, fervor

Hide contents

Phage

Mastery Rank 11

Damage 30 Viral

Fire Rate 12

Status Chance 31%

Critical Chance 19%

Magazine 170/680 Capacity

25m Range

Did they miss a "0" or something???

Phage initially have 330 Viral damage and now decreased to 30?

Hi DE/Rebecca, 

I don't want to comment on the damage mechanics till I actually use them, but as of now they seem to have all converted to short range,  high rate auto guns (sorry to say we have enough of those we don't need more) with no recoil and high accuracy, and incremental damage with time (the differentiator) , although they might seem balanced on paper I am not sure of that range being so short, perhaps an alternate mechanic could be considered as differentiator?  I mean this is same as tenora or gorgon now. 

We need a Real differentiator. 

My suggestion:

Aim charging: the weapons start spooling the moment you take aim(without shooting) , and once at full spool they start to overcharge, when overcharged they will consume more ammo but will also do more damage then they start spooling down to regular levels (each weapon may have unique mechanic of overcharge effect) . This will give more reasons to aim and not keep the weapon always shooting. Also makes sense right focused beams should do more than regular beams? 

Diffusion distance: Have a damage falloff style unique to beams let it have effective range equal to regular weapons but then they will have acute falloff , much worse than shotguns where damage could be as low as 10% after 50m I am thinking exponential not linear drop-off, where all stats are reduced with distance not just damage,

Or you could just buff the ranges. 

Archived