The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Day 850 Login is a joke

Voltage

14 hours ago, _Mannaroth_ said:

Seriously, guys: Stop complaining about free stuff!

Remember: You "deserve" bloody nothing! The Login bonus is nothing you're actually "working" for. You log in daily because you enjoy the game and want to play it (at least it should be this way) and that's the reason, why you get a small gift from DE from time to time.

Sure: Time-locking game-relevant stuff like weapons or mods is probably not the best option but at least they're working on that, meanwhile. But after all you should always be aware, that you would most likely play the game even without any Login bonus!

I did play this game prior to the "Daily Reward" system, and the game was as exciting without it too.

[ I agree that players should not complain about free in-game stuff, I have enjoyed the mods and weapons so far.]

* I really Enjoyed this mod !!!!

latest?cb=20171106185459

On 3/15/2018 at 8:50 PM, Chipputer said:

You're calling for them to change something that's basically just a thank you for playing their game because you, personally, consider it a joke. You don't find it useful. You don't like it. They should change it entirely because you only consider it Endo.

That's called not seeing the bigger picture and only thinking of your own tastes-- selfish.

Slammed. Thread was over at this point. I'm amazed it climbed beyond 5 pages.

ITT: OP wants special shinies 80-85% of the playerbase will never see any time soon.

51 minutes ago, WhiteCr0w said:

Slammed. Thread was over at this point. I'm amazed it climbed beyond 5 pages.

ITT: OP wants special shinies 80-85% of the playerbase will never see any time soon.

I'm still sad that I'm 350ish days away to Sigma & Octantis. 

And I don't even want it that much compared to the Zenistar which I'm pretty happy with. 

3 hours ago, Aggh said:

And you only have 33 kills in conclave, but you've never made any comparisons to it to back up your argument, right? /s

I was rank 5 on xbox actually. You can find my GT's in my post history.

18 hours ago, xV3NOMx said:

The Primed version of the Daily Reward weapons will also be released as an Daily reward.

[The normal weapon counterparts will still have value to new players who have not gained them previously.]

Nezha always seemed like a login reward to me. He fit the color scheme and mechanics. A primed Nezha or skin would be sweet.

Also a primed zenith would be amazing.

15 hours ago, sleepychewbacca said:

Hmmm.... 

Umbra BP 1000 days login. 
Umbra Chassis Bp 1100 days
Umbra Neuroptics Bp 1200 days login
Umbra Systems Bp 1300 days login. 

Also requiring this rare resource that needs to be mined from the tears of salty players. 

Ahem...fixed it. 

Umbra Chassis Bp 2000 days
Umbra Neuroptics Bp 3000 days login
Umbra Systems Bp 4000 days login.

requires MR 160 though.  

4 minutes ago, jfhsanseiIII said:

Ahem...fixed it. 

Umbra Chassis Bp 2000 days
Umbra Neuroptics Bp 3000 days login
Umbra Systems Bp 4000 days login.

requires MR 160 though.  

Sounds about right. 3 years of waiting, just to hear that the script is not yet done. 

By the time Umbra comes out, burnout will be so real, and the hype too much that everyone would be disappointed. 

You'd think TheWaitWithin was a good enough lesson. XD

On 3/16/2018 at 1:35 AM, Carbonitepon8 said:

but what will happen if you're 90/90 for rivens? not that it matters for myself, I wont be there for quite some time still on my way to my sigma and octantis

I guess it will do the same thing like with the kubrows eggs, if you're already full, it just exceeds the capacity (like 93/90), & maybe tell you so.

On March 15, 2018 at 8:23 PM, --Q--Voltage said:

Screenshot_31.png

850 days logged in is the equivalent of 3 Sortie missions. That is just disheartening, especially when you know that you basically recieve Endo for 2+ years logged in. What happened to cool cosmetic sigils/glyphs every 50 days and weapons/mods/syandana for 100?

OOOORRR...they could push off Venus and the Sacrifice and siphon resources for us "special snowflakes" in lieu of making the game better and more successful.

I for one don't need another basic circular Sigil if the resources can be used elsewhere.

And C'MON Q, we just got a free DEXcaliber skin...

I know we, as vets, have grown into jaded, glutinous pigs feeding on DE's consistent generosity, but let's not just come to expect it in lieu of appreciation...or throw a thread tantrum when we don't get exactly what we want.

On 3/16/2018 at 7:35 PM, Hypernaut1 said:

If that site accurate? It says I haven't done any trials either.

Edit: I refreshed it and my stats showed up. It still feels off to me, but who knows.

It also doesn't keep track of name changes.  MagPrime has no stats but my old alias is still there.

Didn't DE say they did not want to timegate content too much before the new system is implemented. I can perfectly well understand why even if I am not far from you. For newer players who come into the game 850 days is a long time and if that timeline has some extremely valuable goodies in it then that means they will be less inclined to invest into the game anymore. Reminds me of Black Desert online system where you will struggle to catch on players in meaningful ways due to the time gates, amount of dedicated grind and investment you'll need.

Those players that take issue with choosing-your-path in login rewards might as well get mad about the fact that we who have been here from the beginning have been gated by new content and it has taken 5-years to get to MR 25 but new players can get there in span of half a year or less now since the content is already out. Not particularly rational, is it?

Edited by BETAOPTICS

26 minutes ago, BETAOPTICS said:

Didn't DE say they did not want to timegate content too much before the new system is implemented. I can perfectly well understand why even if I am far from you. For newer players who come into the game 850 days is a long time and if that timeline has some extremely valuable goodies in it then that means they will be less inclined to invest into the game anymore. Reminds me of Black Desert online system where you will struggle to catch on players in meaningful ways due to the time gates, amount of dedicated grind and investment you'll need.

Those players that take issue with choosing-your-path in login rewards might as well get mad about the fact that we who have been here from the beginning have been gated by new content and it has taken 5-years to get to MR 25 but new players can get there in span of half a year or less now since the content is already out. Not particularly rational, is it?

How is it not rational? The only issue I can see is that newer players get content faster. If you have the item already, the only thing lost is the ability to show off an item.  

So unless we start the slippery slope debate of how it's not fair to the more older players who earned their daily tribute jank by logging in every day, I don't feel there's any loss other than the loss of self validation that there's a shiny new players are from getting that would normally be timegated for a long long time. That or the lack of validation for the older players who's been around longer than +400 days. 

If it's about that, well... that's very contentious.  

19 minutes ago, sleepychewbacca said:

How is it not rational? The only issue I can see is that newer players get content faster. If you have the item already, the only thing lost is the ability to show off an item.  

So unless we start the slippery slope debate of how it's not fair to the more older players who earned their daily tribute jank by logging in every day, I don't feel there's any loss other than the loss of self validation that there's a shiny new players are from getting that would normally be timegated for a long long time. That or the lack of validation for the older players who's been around longer than +400 days. 

If it's about that, well... that's very contentious.  

You probably misread or misunderstood what I was saying because that's my point exactly. It is irrational to get offended by the change to a system that helps new players reach up to us older players quicker because nobody in their right mind thinks that of majority of the game content otherwise. It'd be ridiculous complaint and everyone knows it.

The " veteran " players here who think they really require novelty, I have a perfect solution for you: slap out your Excalibur Prime and Braton Vandal, then you can crown yourself as the most special of the special.

Now if you'll excuse me, I've ran out of dip for my chips. I'll go play the worlds smallest violin.

1 minute ago, BETAOPTICS said:

You probably misread or misunderstood what I was saying because that's my point exactly. It is irrational to get offended by the change to a system that helps new players reach up to us older players quicker because nobody in their right mind thinks that of majority of the game content otherwise. It'd be ridiculous complaint and everyone knows it.

The " veteran " players here who think they really require novelty, I have a perfect solution for you: slap out your Excalibur Prime and Braton Vandal, then you can crown yourself as the most special of the special.

Now if you'll excuse me, I've ran out of dip for my chips. I'll go play the worlds smallest violin.

You're right. I completely misread you. My bad, that's on me. I am mildly embarrassed. 

Do allow me to apologize by providing virtual dip and chips. vegan-nacho-cheese-4-1170x780.jpg