Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sanctuary Onslaught: Difficulty Changes!

[DE]Rebecca

56 minutes ago, Error989 said:

Can you just remove Khora drops from Elite? Regular mode drops parts at much higher chance so why have her in Elite? By removing her you'd be able to increase the chance Lato/Braton Vandal :heart:

An interesting idea Tenno! We are currently working on removing Khora from the Elite Sanctuary Onslaught drop tables in order to replace her with some Radiant Axi Relics. We still want to maintain the challenge/rarity of Vandal parts but agree that maybe the reward double dip with Khora was a bit much. Thanks for the feedback!

4 minutes ago, Nosferagon said:

All this while enemy damage past round 8 kills anything that is not Nidus, Inaros or an invisible frame.

I have to partially disagree with this part only. There are a lot of mods, arcanes and other things that help with surviving way past zone 8 on any frame. Of course, more armored frames survive longer.  

1 minute ago, [DE]Aidan said:

An interesting idea Tenno! We are currently working on removing Khora from the Elite Sanctuary Onslaught drop tables in order to replace her with some Radiant Axi relics. We still want to maintain the challenge/rarity of Vandal parts but agree that maybe the reward double dip with Khora was a bit much. Thanks for the feedback!

Thanks! One thing that I really don’t like is radiant relics being in the reward table, sure it’s nice to get relics that are fully radiant, but most players have tons of relics acquired already, have you guys thought of adding a reward that is unique and something new that a lot of players would enjoy getting?

Well was that truly an oversight... meh, gonna wait after the sandstorm, maybe it ends up being slightly decent for focus farm after all...

(and if not maybe waiting for a 75% discount in plat is way faster farm for khora and vandal parts than playing it, but still trust DE on it \o/)

I'm already done with this mode, having farmed all the rewards. This is just more incentive for me not to return.

When enemies can only spawn so quickly, get stuck in the level frequently, and when this mode is still plagued with bugs and meta-spammin' Spin-to-Win, with basically no other way to play besides downing enemies as fast as functionally possible. All the while, efficiency is on your bum ending your runs far before the CC'd enemies are...

Yeah no thanks.
This isn't an end game, a dark sector replacement, or a rewarding experience in any form of the word.
I got my loot, now I'm gone.

To be honest, I was expecting far more.
At the same time, I got what I expected. A broken experience of a game mode with little to no replay value past initial new item farms. Recycled content, neat transitions, but a system that slaps your hand for not using the diversity-harming meta.

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

we will have to lower enemy levels, which will impact Focus gains.

sigh...
Well...don't really care about it as much after Focus 2.0 (No I wasn't a Zenurik or Naroman main, still Vazarin and will keep being Vazarin). Go ahead, makes no diffrence to me whether I can max out my daily cap without resorting to cheese tactics which are way less fun then betting my time on Simaris and seeing if I can make it through without crashing...not saying that the later is best thing ever either, but at least's it doesn't require spamming of the same move again and again.

1 minute ago, pooptaco said:

Is... is it just me... or is the charger in that Sanctuary image viral proc'd or something?

The Viral debuff has a more orange tone to it. It seems more like an ability/aura effect. Plus, 1792 isn't half of 7760, so it certainly isn't just a Viral proc doing that.

22 minutes ago, Xsoskeleton said:

well folks, tis just become another grind spot rather than something competitive.

(pfft Dark Sector Conflict replacement they said, ahahah)

They said very clearly in the last two devstreams that this version of Onslaught wasn't even close to replacing Dark Sectors, Scott concisely mentioned how they're still gonna work on a replacement.

2 minutes ago, [DE]Aidan said:

An interesting idea Tenno! We are currently working on removing Khora from the Elite Sanctuary Onslaught drop tables in order to replace her with some Radiant Axi relics. We still want to maintain the challenge/rarity of Vandal parts but agree that maybe the reward double dip with Khora was a bit much. Thanks for the feedback!

If you wanted to maintain rarity, making the parts tradeable seems a bit wonky to me. 

All it'll do is incentivise burnt out players who want the gear to throw platinum on it. 

Maybe that's what's been intended? Make the grind for something to such a point, it makes more sense to just buy outright with platinum. Ivara, Nidus, Harrow, Khora and the Vandals. There's been this pattern for a while, and it isn't the same as how it was when I started. Frame from a quest thing. 

Maybe make harder quests, but still. This forced rarity has never tasted good to me. 

4 minutes ago, [DE]Aidan said:

An interesting idea Tenno! We are currently working on removing Khora from the Elite Sanctuary Onslaught drop tables in order to replace her with some Radiant Axi Relics. We still want to maintain the challenge/rarity of Vandal parts but agree that maybe the reward double dip with Khora was a bit much. Thanks for the feedback!

There are relics as a reward in every node

getting relics and void traces is incredibly easy.

why do we need more spots to get relics from?

4 minutes ago, davej83 said:

what abouth make drop from enemies , endo, credits, mods ? and more rewards to table, or count ur " rank ( A+, S, B  ) for loot chance ..

As far as making enemies drop loot like endo, credits and mods, this isn't something that I see coming or would make sense. You are in a simulation so "real world" drops aren't a thing. Rewards exist because simaris directly gives them to you

As far as rewards based on rank, that seems like it would be a good thing! :smile: (as long as the spawns are perma fixed)

1 hour ago, Asdryu said:

When people will learn to use corrosive projection for once...
"physique" there are still people using this....

when will people learn that CP isn't the answer to everything and that Armor scaling needs to be addressed by the devs & adjusted

Just now, Polterghozt said:

They said very clearly in the last two devstreams that this version of Onslaught wasn't even close to replacing Dark Sectors, Scott concisely mentioned how they're still gonna work on a replacement.

Then why even announce it that way in the beginning, why not just state it as new mode and just forget Dark Sector or as u said, state it as still being worked.

Why even replace DS anyway, what is the purpose of orokin lab (aside form dragon key bp) and alliance (aside from socializing stuffs) existing nowadays?

>People complain about efficiency dropping too fast, broken spawns and drops having too much trash, but prasing it for being an alternative to Adaro/Hydron, having a better enemy level scaling than the entire game and being mindless killing fun

>Makes efficiency drop even faster, reduces affinity/focus gain and adds a hard limit to how far you can go

Guys, please. Why limit runs? Why nerf focus gain? Cant people have fun? Are you trying to turn this mode into another Infested Salvage, where you have no point going back once you get Nidus?

Are you guys afraid of rewarding players? Cant wait for the next Stealth/Sleep nerf so Adaro Focus farming is truly dead and we have to barely manage to scrape 10k focus from normal missions.

1 hour ago, Asdryu said:

When people will learn to use corrosive projection for once...
"physique" there are still people using this....

When will Corrosive Projection people learn that other useful auras exist?
''Rejuvination'' have enough of those in the squad (at least two) and you may not even need a healer. (Speaking of, we could use some more vazaring polarity [d] aura mods.)

11 minutes ago, [DE]Aidan said:

You're kidding right... All the negative feedback on these potential changes in this post and this is the one DE chooses to respond to? 5 pages of overwhelmingly negative responses, and this is what we get? 

Hold on, why are we adjusting the enemy level? Shouldn't we be adjusting the health value to match the enemy level? This game mode is supposed to be hard, right? Just make the difficulty match the level designation so that players can actually get the sense of endgame they have been looking for. It's going to be such a shame if all that we're really getting with this change is a net loss of affinity and having to wait longer for the enemies to scale to 100+.

Archived