Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beasts of the Sanctuary: Hotfix 22.18.8

[DE]Megan

44 minutes ago, Ragingwasabi said:

im still hoping for khoras exalted whip

6 minutes ago, ZeroEpsilon said:

Can We still wish for Exalted Whip? i'm not waiting for her half a year for just some CC  ability.........................................

At some point DE needs to put up a sticky announcement that says “PSA: Khora is never going to have an exalted whip.”

Onslaught has a bug currently with this latest patch, I jumped into the very first portal, I void dashed(zenurik madurai waybound) and jumped back into my warframe(rhino) in the portal at the same time, which disabled abilities and transference, It took dying and reviving myself to get my abilities back, but operator was bugged, couldn't crouch, shift, or fire. TO which I tried going into the 3rd portal as operator and that brought me back to normal.

Did 10 zones of ESO just now and this is what I've noticed:

- Still too little spawns on 1-2 tiles (ik those will get fixed and can't remember which zones they were, sadly)

- People dcing at certain zones or shortly in (a friend of mine had that happen)

- Animal Instinct and maybe more mods on my Kavat (not Venari) are still completely broken and stop to work after dying/reviving once.

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Beasts of the Sanctuary: Hotfix 22.18.8

Khora Changes:
Ability casting times have been shortened across the board - Natural Talent is always great, but the base animations needed shortening.

New Passive: The ferocious Kavat, Venari, fights by Khora’s side and provides her with a speed boost while active. If killed, Venari will reappear after a short time.

Whipclaw

• Whipclaw will apply to and benefit from the Melee combo counter.
  • All enemies caught in the Strangledome will take half of Whipclaw’s attack damage when one enemy in the Strangledome is hit with Whipclaw.
  • Hitting an Ensnared enemy with Whipclaw will cause the living metal to propagate.

Ensnare

• Ensnare affects multiple enemies. When an enemy is Ensnared, the living metal will propagate and pull in every enemy within range for 75% reduced duration. The living metal Ensnaring enemies will then propagate a second time to pull in another wave of enemies within range.
  • Procs no longer wake up Ensnared enemies.

Venari 
Venari is now a Passive ability - Venari is simply there, no casting required. If Venari dies, she will respawn in 45 seconds or you can summon her back by using the Venari ability for an Energy cost of 50 that scales with the Respawn timer.

New Venari Ability Description: Command Venari to focus on a target. Hold to cycle between Attack, Protect, and Heal postures. If Venari is killed, use this ability to revive her instantly

• Venari fights independently until she receives a command. Khora’s third ability (Venari) overrides Venari’s target, as indicated by the icon over Khora’s head.
  • Commanding Venari while in the Heal posture without a valid target will command Venari to heal Khora.
  • Companion mods like Animal Instinct have been fixed so they will work properly on Venari.
  • Venari deals Slash damage to enemies instead of Impact damage.
  • Ability Strength Mods on Khora now affect Venari abilities.

Strangledome

• Changed casting animation to better reflect that Strangledome is cast from Khora’s body placement and chains now reflect custom Accent color!
  • Once an enemy dies in the Strangledome, they will drop to the floor, making room for new victims.

Sanctuary Onslaught Changes:
We still see Onslaught as a more bite-sized gameplay experience, but combined with the efficiency changes below, how far your team can last should be dictated slightly more by your ability to kill instead of hard numeric limits. The Simulation is alive and ever changing.

• Removed the increased Efficiency drain when you hit Zone 20 in Sanctuary Onslaught and from Elite Sanctuary Onslaught when you hit Zone 14. Efficiency drain will hit its max rate in Zone 16 of Sanctuary Onslaught and Zone 15 of Elite Sanctuary Onslaught.
  • Added more tiers of increasingly higher level enemies in both Sanctuary Onslaught and Elite Sanctuary Onslaught:
    • Sanctuary Onslaught
      • Level 80-100 in Zone 15
      • Level 110-130 in Zone 20
      • Level 130-150 in Zone 25
  • Elite Sanctuary Onslaught
    • Level 200-220 in Zone 20
    • Level 250-280 in Zone 25
  • Removed unnecessary ice environment textures in the Grineer Shipyard Onslaught tile. 
  • Removed an Orokin Derelict tile from Onslaught that was too small - this means that Zone 12 of Elite will have a new tile.
  • Removed an Infested Corpus Onslaught tile that was deemed unsuitable for the Simulation. 

Sanctuary Onslaught Fixes:

• Fixed Clients being perpetually stuck on the loading screen after a Host migration in Onslaught.
  • Fixed cases of Conduits not materializing after a Host migration occurs. 
  • Fixed cases of Clients being trapped in the old Zone after the Host transitions through the Conduit first and disconnects on the other side.
  • Fixed Efficiency continuing to drain after a Conduit has appeared and you have yet to pass through it. Once all players are through the Conduit and into the next Zone, the Efficiency will recommence draining.
  • Fixed Specimens beating the crap out of helpless players who are trapped in the loading screen when a Host migration occurs. Specimens will now be paused while you are in the loading screen. 

Changes:

• The Daily Focus limit has been increased based on the formula (will be in effect after the daily reset):
    • 250,000 + (Mastery Rank * 5,000)
  • Peculiar Bloom will now spawn a max of 5 flowers per target. Flowers so beautiful they hurt ya perf.

Fixes:

• Fixed crashes related to XAudio2 xWma voice recycling.
  • Fixed the Loki Prime Glyphs description being unlocalized.

This patch is amazing Khora is now just amazing, she feels so much better, she really does the synergy between her 1,2,and 4 is just amazing now. Her 1 feels much more powerful at base 100 strength, her 2 grabs enemies in good now and her 4 is SO MUCH BETTER, truly is, it does what it was designed to do and now its great, hitting straggle dome with her 1 damages all enemies and combo counter on her 1 seems to work, from testing.

Amazing work guys truly, and to push this out Friday night 7:00pm your time is great work, and Sanctuary feels much better too I only play elite haven't actually tried normal after the one time i did on day of release.

The enemies, Grineer especially which had a serious issue is now working great they attack and attack they do, loads of them, feels much better, elite is really good now up to 12 (which is as far as I've been in public with randoms) after 12 I can't say as I haven't been yet.

And thank the stars HOST MIGRATION is working HALLELUJAH!!, it was even seriously tested 10 minutes ago when I was in public with randoms someone left at 6 and host migrate worked, then the other two left at 7 and I stayed on solo to 9, and host migration worked as it should!!!! This was such a big thing. I can't say if it completely always fixed but I would hope so, especially since ALL host migrations I've had previously all FAILED :(, not one worked and now i've had 3 and all worked, In total I've done 12 elite runs since patch and all has been great so far

Thank you DE things are looking much better for Khora and the Sanctuary :)

HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND AND RELAX Everything is golden here....

giphy.gif

Still impossible to get past round 12 or so in elite onslaught due to lack of enemy spawns. End up standing around with nothing to kill watching efficiency tick to 0. efficiency is currently serving absolutely no purpose. if it was working as intended it would still never hit zero. The only reason it does anything atm is due to lack of enemy spawns, which means it's completely outside the player's control.

Survived a host migration in Onslaught. MR7 host left in the middle of Zone 2...SIGH! We weren't locked in a perpetual loading screen this time and the host was re-assigned. So there were three of us left and we easily timed out the level, but the conduit didn't materialize. Oh and no reward. It's getting there, just needs that tiny little nudge just to iron out this particular bug...

Looking nice, at work so I can't try it out yet.

As a note though, would be nice if the combo counter and a timer on its expiry was added in a semi-permanent fashion that showed regardless of whether or not my melee weapon was out would be extremely helpful, especially with abilities that use it like this.

I somewhat frequently run Naramon to increase the usability and strength of the combo counter, but when i have a gun up not seeing it can be a bit irritating. And having to guess at when it will expire is a bit annoying.

4 minutes ago, --Kenneth-- said:

You guys broke her Ensnare. It no longer AOE grabs mobs. I did the Orokin Catalyst alert solo to see her changes and her Ensnare was useless. It still hits a single enemy, not AOE as described to be, and doesn't grab enemies when they get close now.

(Haven't gotten to test so I'm kind of talking out of my ass)

It seems based on what they said they changed it from an passive aoe to an active one. When cast it should immediately grab enemies in range, then those enemies should grab enemies in range of them. After these two grabs you have to whip a grabbed enemy to cause additional grabs.

focus cap raised, great, now if we could just get increased focus gain so it won't take months to max out a tree (note not everyone here has been lucky enough to get an eidolon lens for every single piece of equipment in their arsenal and not everyone wants to buy them or an affinity booster just for this)

there's still some atrocious texture pop in for wall and even enemies, popping in almost 2 seconds after stepping into the room making stealth impossible because the enemy becomes aware of me before it even pops up thus alerting others in the room

finally, khora's cat is actually viable, thank you, thank you for taking some suggestions into account, it is still by no means in interesting ability but at least it's better now.

efficiency drain has been dropped, sweet so now it should be more maintainable in SQUADS, but still impossible to maintain even at early levels in SOLO unless all players have  maiming strike and god rivens for their melees.

why is there still not thought out there for those who run solo especially since DE is fully aware of host migration issues? hell, are solo players even going to be considered anymore?

sorry, i mean solo players that DON'T HAVE MAIMING STRIKE OR GOD MELEE RIVENS because this mode seems to veeery heavily favor those that have either or both of these

I know Khora won’t get her whip. But I’m probably never going to let it go. I mean, why not just give her the whip and let her create strangle domes on charge attacks at the cost of additional energy? Like Excalibur’s mini blind on slide attacks (and on that note, why do Excalibur and Wukong’s exalted melee weapons lack charge attacks? Will the future melee fix overhaul/buff pass [including charge attack fixes/changes] consider exalted melees as well?)

Oh well, despite my broken heart for the lost of the exalted whip, Khora has improved by quite a lot, I can’t deny that. And Onslaught is sooooooo much more enjoyable/playable than it was last night. Thank you for your hard work DE, and thank you for listening.

As it stands, if you main nidus you cant use him in and Sanctuary because it just resets his stacks every time he goes through a portal. Whats the point of bringing a frame meant for endless missions to an endless mission that punishes you for bringing endless mission frames?

Just now, KubrowTamer said:

As it stands, if you main nidus you cant use him in and Sanctuary because it just resets his stacks every time he goes through a portal. Whats the point of bringing a frame meant for endless missions to an endless mission that punishes you for bringing endless mission frames?

Yeah I really have to agree with you there. I mean Nidus’s entire kit is focused around enduring high level missions. And most missions in the star chart are too short for nidus and clearly not designed for his kind of gameplay. So we get a new game mode that’s dubbed as Endgame, but one of the Endgame, high level and long endurance play frames is completely handicapped in it?

These changes are good and welcome. Khora feels much better now, but a couple of rough edges remain.

I see no reason Khora's 1, 2, and the command portion of 3 aren't one-handed abilities (not breaking reload). She's cracking the whip with one hand, or pointing at something for Venari - with one hand. At the moment still feels like it's a hard choice between focusing on gunplay or use of her abilities, making these one-handed would solidify her viability. 

Speaking of gunplay, a suggestion for Sanctuary. Dramatically increase the efficiency awarded on kills made with guns, and even moreso for headshot kills (and consider single-target abilities for extra-efficiency eligibility too). It's still heavily leaning toward blind aoe spam because the body count is still treated all the same, punishing anything that isn't map-sweeping cheese. I don't motion to nerf anything, just compensate aim-related gameplay so it's not such a non-option. 

The balance of Normal onslaught feels off.

• Every other warframe can easily be solo'd by a mid level player with mid level gear.  This includes nidus' horrible salvage and harrows mind numbing defection.  Onslaught is would be a real struggle for a mid level player even with a meta frame.
  • This is compounded by the abysmal drop chances of TWO parts in rotation C at 20 minutes.  The only thing bite sized is the drop chance.  The grind is huge. 

I have khora, thankfully I farmed her solo in the early release when it was still possible and not stressful.  But I feel for any non-meta players who want her - they will simply have to be carried - and that feels very wrong.

Archived