Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What do you think of new Slam attack?

Kainosh

There are lots of changes....but i would like to discuss that one specific move : Slam.     

Do you like this variation or not? 

Personally i do not like it at all.  Vertical slam is a classic slasher move that needs no change at all.   It works just fine as it is now.  

I see it as being a "Please kill me now!!!" button.
After all, they showed it off against melee Grineer, which of course can't hit you, but think about trying to use that against ranged enemies where you jump into the air....and then hang there for a few seconds getting shot to death before you slowly and lazily come down and have suffered quite a bit of damage that you can only avoid by never doing the slow as molasses slam.

Unless they make it much faster, as in near instant especially the actual slam part, it's only purpose will be to get you killed if you attempt it in higher level missions.

Edited by Tsukinoki

4 минуты назад, PhantomThiefOfHearts сказал:

it got better, surely, but still sux cause of slow animation end recovery

4 минуты назад, (XB1)ultimategamerjr сказал:

I honestly think it fits the game better than the current slam attack simply because it is more mobile. The largest part about Warframe to me is the movement system, and slam attacks right now are kinda clunky.

Are you not worried about "aiming" requirement?   You know...You will have to aim it with mouse.    

So if i want a direct downward slam,  I will have to look down first........  That is extra time.      No matter how i look at it, its much slower. 

Also, do you really need more mobility when you already have Aim glide and Bullet jumps?   Its already pretty floaty as is.  

1 минуту назад, Airwolfen сказал:

If they touch up the animations and speed of the attack then I could totally see it working as a start of a combo / engage.

Well, yeah.....But why? You can as well just bulletjump straight at enemy and slam.   And that would be much faster.    Aiming is irrelevan if you slam "point blank".   And that is how its done most of the time. 

I never saw anyone jump up real high to slam enemies.  Unnecessary, because damage doesn't scale with height.

Aside from it being slower, I love how epic and agressive it is. Can't wait to try it out.

Just now, Goodwill said:

Personally, I would like the slam to be affected by your momentum rather than an invisible force stopping you midair or propelling you through midair.

THIS

Edited by Acersecomic

12 minutes ago, Kainosh said:

Well, yeah.....But why? You can as well just bulletjump straight at enemy and slam.   And that would be much faster.    Aiming is irrelevan if you slam "point blank".   And that is how its done most of the time. 

I never saw anyone jump up real high to slam enemies.  Unnecessary, because damage doesn't scale with height.

Well. simple matter is. we have no idea what the end result is going to be. right now its still in heavy development. Bu that time it could be faster, have benefits over straight up ground slamming and other possible things.

Some of that stuff can change drastically over time as this was quite early work in progress stuff.

And as said above me. If it kept momentum that alone would change a lot about its usability.

Edited by Airwolfen

5 минут назад, Goodwill сказал:

Personally, I would like the slam to be affected by your momentum rather than an invisible force stopping you midair or propelling you through midair.

Thats an interesting idea actually.....  even though it will not let me use Slam as an "emergency brake" anymore.

But it would still feel much better than "invisible force".   Indeed.

il y a 45 minutes, Kainosh a dit :

Are you not worried about "aiming" requirement?   You know...You will have to aim it with mouse.    

So if i want a direct downward slam,  I will have to look down first........  That is extra time.      No matter how i look at it, its much slower. 

Also, do you really need more mobility when you already have Aim glide and Bullet jumps?   Its already pretty floaty as is.  

I'm using a crontroller, and trust me, this is gonna be a pain. I use Slam attacks a lot (especialy with Zaw+Exodia Epidemic, but also with regular weapons) and I usualy aim down just enough for my character to perform a one. Having to aim straight down to do a Slam isn't how I do Slam attacks because it woud take too much time to aim down and then aim up to attack.

Also, most rooms in Warframe are small with low ceillings, so this move isn't going to be helpfull at all, while a good old slam from the Jat Kitty is quick and effective with no aim time. Unless you're in the Plains or a very wide open map, this thing isn't going to be helpfull at all, especialy when it's just faster and sometimes safer to block/roll straight to the enemy. 

For the way the animation works, it just doesn't make sense to me. Too anime-like while also not having any reason to go in a selected direction after losing all momentum (even animes give you a reason for this kind of stuff yet we still don't have an explanation to aim glide).

Edited by Blade_Wolf_16

1 минуту назад, Blade_Wolf_16 сказал:

I use Slam attacks a lot (especialy with Zaw+Exodia Epidemic, but also with reguar weapons) and I usualy aim down just enough for my character to perform a one. Having to aim straight down to do a Slam 

Also, most rooms in Warframe are small with low ceillings, so this move isn't going to be helpfull at all, while a good old slam from the Jat Kitty is quick and effective with no aim time. Unless you're in the Plains or a very wide open map, this thing isn't going to be helpfull at all, especialy when it's just faster and sometimes safer to block/roll straight to the enemy. 

For the way the animation works, it just doesn't make sense to me. Too anime-like while also not having any reason to go in a selected direction after losing all momentum (even animes give you a reason for this kind of stuff yet we still don't have an explanation to aim glide).

My thoughts exactly. All of it.  Exept i dont use controller.   But i tried it.  And i feel your pain.

3 hours ago, Goodwill said:

I kind of agree with this, but tenno already use a void force to aim glide and wall cling..  so it's kind of part of their skills/lore.