The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rest In Peace John Bain, TotalBiscuit.

ChaoticEdge

Whereas so many other content creators and commentators have slightly grown old for me over time and stopped inspiring me or keeping my interest alive in gaming, John Bain was the person who got me back into gaming, kept me interested and was a unique and enlightened voice among a sea of people going on auto pilot.

He got me into Warframe.
He will be missed.

3 hours ago, VadiseReikaz said:

Unsurprising. I imagine if Markiplier decided to one day make a video about Warframe, are they going to add a Warfstache?

What is so difficult to understand is why he is getting this much attention over two bloody videos. One of which is ancient, and one of which he was literally paid to do and he outright says it. And he is being regarded as some keystone in the life of Warframe. And I am assuming because fans of his channel decided to try the game out, but what ELSE did he do to affect Warframe in any meaningful manner? Because if it was just that, then technically any big youtuber could suddenly achieve greatness overnight here. Sure, he passed away, and that is terrible, but why is he important now? why not in life?

Jim Sterling did cover Warframe, and we dont have a SterDust costume for our Operators (Which would be hillarious and I'd buy). We have many youtubers that dedicate a massive portion of their time just to Warframe, and we are not seeing statues of them.

Point is that he was probably the sole reason why Warframe didn't tank and die in its early days. No one can say for sure but the game wouldn't have been the same today.

5 hours ago, VadiseReikaz said:

I would prefer if you stopped talking to me, because I am not interested in dealing with your superiority complex. I want to listen to somebody else answer my question. Quit lecturing me. I get it, you want a memorial. Lets leave it at that.

More than anyone else TB had a massive part in keeping warframe alive when it was in its infancy. Rebecca said there was a very clear point in warframe, one before TB, and one after.

Hit me pretty hard. Mainly because he was diagnosed shortly after my mom had developed stage 4. His was far more agressive, and my mom's still fighting. Just reminds me how quickly it could end and it's terrifying.

Do your check-ups people, if you feel a way you never felt before don't just say to yourself "I'm just getting old now, this is probably normal."

Edited by Firetempest

Truely a loss for our community as Tenno and as gamers in general.

I got into warframe because of his review it and have been watching his content since 2011 or so.

Does anyone know if DE will be holding an in game moment of silence or releasing a black arm band cosmetic? Though given the impact that TB had on warframe perhaps a specialty shrine decoration might be more appropriate.

It is a strange thing to consider that video gaming is still such a young form of media that as a group gamers aren't used to IRL death being a part of our community and how it affects the video game social landscape. On the other hand TB was five years younger than I am so perhaps my perspective on all this is a bit off.

May we all heal in time and never forget.

3 hours ago, SoulEchelon said:

I agree. That would be perfectly fine. A glyph to show your support if you do desire to. It's unobtrusive to those who don't like/don't care about him, and rallies together those of us who do.

Either that, or maybe a secret little memorial spot hidden somewhere in a tileset. Maybe even on the new open world area. I'd love to stumble onto something like that. Hell, maybe put both ideas together: A secret spot that, if you find it, you get a glyph.

Finding secrets in games to unlock stuff is always fun to me, I really enjoyed finding all of the fish statuettes and kuria.

Who knows, maybe we can find a tiny gravestone by Cetus with a top hat, and that's all we'll need.

This is non issue for me.

If asked...my personal opinion will always lean towards: "No thanks this is a game".

But I don't really care enough either way. 

If DE feels TB was essential for the game and they have the desire to express that within the game this is absolutely fine 

Borderlands created a very rare encounter in B2 with a character based on a dead fan. Destiny 2 made a space suit with a fallen guardians name as part of the scenery. 

And regardless of my opinion I thought that was tastefully done and not at all intrusive.

Players already have the option to use their own creativity either on the Dojo or in the landing craft. If they want a specific items or something to make that easier....go for it.

On a side note...TB's first coverage was reason for me to ignore the game for years. 

Edited by (PS4)BOSS_TPH76