The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wanna talk about Trinity + Castanas?

Trekiros

1 hour ago, (PS4)Profane-lite said:

I don't want her to be nerfed. I just meant, it seems to be The Thing right now. And to be clear, Mesa's four and her near-invulnerability with her shield makes her a pretty lazy frame to play, even if you have to recast. Again, don't really care. But if the criteria for nerfing is 'can kill loads of enemies quickly without a lot of effort,' then she qualifies.

Better nerf Valkyr too then. Full invulnerability, can stay in her Hysteria for a pretty long time, is tanky outside of Hysteria with anywhere from 700 armor to 2k+, also exalted weapons, needs about as much effort as the next frame. Nyx would need to be nerfed too. Without her augment to her 4th, who's to stop allies from damaging her to nuke an entire room? All she has to do is press 4, wait for enough stacks, then press 4 again. And larvae Nidus needs nerf too. I've seen him one-shot some pretty high level mobs in 1hr+ survivals. 

Equinox could be on the chopping block as well, which honestly if people are blind to the fact she needs team cooperation to make her more effective in higher level missions, we will see some pretty bad backlash. Yeah, she can kills loads of enemies, but she's a one-cast nuke before she needs to stack again. And it only affects her Maim, not the other 5 abilities she has. 

Would like to not see some of these frames get nerfed too harshly, especially Equinox because she actually is one of the few frames with scaling into late game, but hey. DE does what DE wants and if enough people whine about how frames are too strong for regular play, who's to say otherwise?

Yes, you no longer have to watch a Trinity nuke a map. Now all you have to do is see a Trinity in your party and demand EV and bless. Which, people already do to begin with.

*just arrived from patch notes*

just turned off self damage being channeled though link based abilities fair and fixes the problem with no cleave damage in sight 

Off topic: que salty dps people i know they are there hiding somewhere like a elusive endangered animal i will find you and fill out a bingo card because of you

34 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

Wait, are you saying you actually relied on self-damaging, as a Nidus, to deal damage as Nidus? Please tell me you weren't doing that.

No, he is saying that you shouldn't kill one ability some where else that's not on the same level by a lot. 

There are tactics that are now erased from one frame because of another. this impacts things on many levels. 

3 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

one made an argument, I countered with mine. yes I made a little fun but that's just how I am, if it'll come back to bite me then so be it, I accept it 

then another guy made points which are valid I guess, but I presented a valid answers to their question

also what you said is kinda true, the loudest voice does win the argument which is a sad thing, but that doesn't mean the faintest(?) voice is on the right. I do agree this thread has been derailed so maybe it's time, sad to see it go ;-; 

final note, I think you'll fit right in with the Qs, maybe apply to them? they're spreading (like a certain infested enemy) to another game so there's your chance ;D 

Are you saying that I would fit into the Q's because I prefer arguments based on logic and evidence, and condemn ad hominem as being the basest and lowest form of discussion?

Or are you jumping to conclusions about me as a person based on very little evidence (one comment)...which perhaps doesn't reflect well on your ability to conduct logical deduction and therefore, argument by such?

Or, if neither of these applies, perhaps you'd like to fill me in? I'd love to hear your thoughts. I can guess the insult you probably tried to pass off in your statement...but of course as I've previously stated, that's what you do. Insult someone when you have run out of arguments. Or try to, anyways...

By the way, I'd like to point out that there is a difference between "winning an argument" and "convincing the most number of people you're correct". Copernicus won the argument, but it was decades before the majority of the European world came round to his way of thinking. I can see how someone can confuse these two things, but I'm glad I could clear it up for you. 

4 hours ago, Klavinmour said:

Except as stated by DE Link was never intended to work with self damage.
You can't buff Rhino with self damage.
You can't buff Harrow with self damage.
They are removing self damage from Nidus and Nekros at the same time as Trinity this week.

The ability isn't even being nerfed, it's intended purpose as a tanking ability still exists just as strong as it was before self damage is being removed,

Maybe if you stopped looking for ways to remove the gameplay from the game, DE wouldn't need to "nerf" horrible builds like this out of existence.

That's a really bad argument as Link builds have been around for years. If self damage was a problem why did it take them so long to address it?

3 minutes ago, -dicht.Goko- said:

Are you saying that I would fit into the Q's because I prefer arguments based on logic and evidence, and condemn ad hominem as being the basest and lowest form of discussion?

Or are you jumping to conclusions about me as a person based on very little evidence (one comment)...which perhaps doesn't reflect well on your ability to conduct logical deduction and therefore, argument by such?

Or, if neither of these applies, perhaps you'd like to fill me in? I'd love to hear your thoughts. I can guess the insult you probably tried to pass off in your statement...but of course as I've previously stated, that's what you do. Insult someone when you have run out of arguments. Or try to, anyways...

By the way, I'd like to point out that there is a difference between "winning an argument" and "convincing the most number of people you're correct". Copernicus won the argument, but it was decades before the majority of the European world came round to his way of thinking. I can see how someone can confuse these two things, but I'm glad I could clear it up for you. 

well, one thing I can say I learned from all of this is what "ad hominem" means and who Copernicus is so I thank you for that good sir 

I'll go on with you for a bit since why not right? XD

preferring sound logic and evidence is good and all, but that won't change anything here, in the end it's how DE sees their game and what's best for it, their logic and evidence may not be a concern for them. they and us know full well that bigger things needs to get addressed yet they're not, they get delayed and put up for another time to focus on 'the next big thing' 

never said I did all that fancy stuff, but the way anyone sees what I write and if it's an argument or not is totally subjective so...I consider some of it as such so that's fine by me. for the reason why, just looks at what you just wrote and what their 'idol' writes, the similarities are there. and I think I clearly stated that I first introduced my argument then made the 'issue statement'....then replied to another argument, but nah, all I did was insult right? and my logic and evidence isn't good enough I suppose 

and why did you bring up the whole winning thing? is it because of the "he didn't reply so it's a win!" thing? lol. granted I see why you'd see it as much, but how does this: "well, let this be known that I spared the forums one of your explanations so I'll take that as a win ;3 " translate to "I won the arugment!"? 

please make a very detailed reply like the one you did, I'd love to see your points since only 1 comment from you is clearly not enough 

14 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

well, one thing I can say I learned from all of this is what "ad hominem" means and who Copernicus is so I thank you for that good sir 

I'll go on with you for a bit since why not right? XD

That's interesting...Copernicus is a figure that's usually introduced to primary school children where I'm from...Shows the differences between different backgrounds I guess. I'm always glad to educate others for I too appreciate the joy of education. 

preferring sound logic and evidence is good and all, but that won't change anything here, in the end it's how DE sees their game and what's best for it, their logic and evidence may not be a concern for them. they and us know full well that bigger things needs to get addressed yet they're not, they get delayed and put up for another time to focus on 'the next big thing' 

If you truly believe that, then answer this simple question: Which one do you think DE will take more sriously:

1. This proposed change is a good/bad one because of x, y, z reason that is based on these testing parameters etc

2. YAASSS DE slay girl slay, this change is LIT AF FAMMMM!!!

but nah, all I did was insult right?

Never said that. 

What I said was that you resort to insults when you've run out of arguments. Allow me to introduce you to the Hierarchy of debate. Basically, you start at the top and then...dive straight to the bottom. 

and why did you bring up the whole winning thing? is it because of the "he didn't reply so it's a win!" thing? lol. granted I see why you'd see it as much, but how does this: "well, let this be known that I spared the forums one of your explanations so I'll take that as a win ;3 " translate to "I won the arugment!"? 

I didn't say you won/lost the argument, nor that you'd claimed you had. The "winning thing" as you put it was brought up as a separate discussion point that I used to demonstrate my point about your debating style.

please make a very detailed reply like the one you did, I'd love to see your points since only 1 comment from you is clearly not enough 

Another attempt at an insult? lol. Brevity is the soul of wit. 

Edited by -dicht.Goko-

2 minutes ago, -dicht.Goko- said:

That's interesting...Copernicus is a figure that's usually introduced to primary school children where I'm from...Shows the differences between different backgrounds I guess. I'm always glad to educate others for I too appreciate the joy of education. 

If you truly believe that, then answer this simple question: Which one do you think DE will take more sriously:

1. This proposed change is a good/bad one because of x, y, z reason that is based on these testing parameters etc

2. YAASSS DE slay girl slay, this change is LIT AF FAMMMM!!!

Never said that. 

What I said was that you resort to insults when you've run out of arguments. Allow me to introduce you to the Hierarchy of debate. Basically, you start at the top and then...dive straight to the bottom. 

I didn't say you won/lost the argument, nor that you'd claimed you had. The "winning thing" as you put it was brought up as a separate discussion point that I used to demonstrate my point about your debating style.

Brevity is the soul of wit. 

yeah, the curriculum in my schools was crappy, didn't really go 'international' 

people are resorting to this reason and avoiding the very logic argument of an overlooked mechanic that people overlooked as an actual one. she is a support frame, she's not meant to deal dmg, is that really an unreasonable answer to these people? 

I mean you were implying it, you kinda still are, as in ignoring the fact that I made sound arguments to theirs and only focused on the last bit. I finished my arguments, the last thing was for my fun so I don't think this applies (also the link is interested for a psy student like me, thank you). I know the 'consequences' but you don't see me complain

never knew I had a style XD but yea, if I had one it'd be crap

new word learned ❤️ 

40 minutes ago, Mak_Gohae said:

No, he is saying that you shouldn't kill one ability some where else that's not on the same level by a lot. 

There are tactics that are now erased from one frame because of another. this impacts things on many levels. 

But that's what I'm asking about. Did the self-damage change actually effect anyone playing with Parasitic Link at all (much less "kill the ability", that's just absurd). Was this same nuke-your-own-feet strategy ever actually used by anyone as Nidus? That was the point of what I posted and what you replied to. I've never tried it, but it honestly sounds a lot less effective than literally any other strategy. You have to reapply the Link to new targets manually, it costs stacks, you only have one target at a time that at some point needed line-of-sight, the damage only goes off by detaching from that target. And on top of that the time spent damaging yourself with a weapon would take away valuable Virulence-spamming time, which is essential to playing Nidus in the first place. This strategy sounds so bad that I can't see this new patch even coming close to changing anyone's gameplay as Nidus. How is it even a nerf?

It's like if you're at a food court and trying to choose between pizza, burgers and eating from the trash. Then someone tells you eating from the trash is not allowed -- they've technically "nerfed" your lunch options, but what they took away sounds worse even than having no lunch. 

1 minute ago, GinKenshin said:

yeah, the curriculum in my schools was crappy, didn't really go 'international' 

people are resorting to this reason and avoiding the very logic argument of an overlooked mechanic that people overlooked as an actual one. she is a support frame, she's not meant to deal dmg, is that really an unreasonable answer to these people? 

I mean you were implying it, you kinda still are, as in ignoring the fact that I made sound arguments to theirs and only focused on the last bit. I finished my arguments, the last thing was for my fun so I don't think this applies (also the link is interested for a psy student like me, thank you). I know the 'consequences' but you don't see me complain

never knew I had a style XD but yea, if I had one it'd be crap

new word learned ❤️ 

Everyone has a style.

By the way, I'm neither here nor there on the trinity nerf. I haven't actually said anything about my position on this matter...till now. 

I don't care whether they nerf self damage or keep it. What I care about is consistency from DE. If self-damage is to be removed from trinity, then there are other frames that could benefit from having self-damage activated abilities having this changed too. 

What I'm more concerned with, and what is unclear to me at present, is DE's prioritisation. 

Scorpions and Ancients still use hitscan mechanics in their grappling hooks, so there's no dodging them. There are progression stopping map holes and game-breaking bugs in many prominent nodes...but this is the thing that DE focus on. That's my concern. 

1 minute ago, -dicht.Goko- said:

Everyone has a style.

By the way, I'm neither here nor there on the trinity nerf. I haven't actually said anything about my position on this matter...till now. 

I don't care whether they nerf self damage or keep it. What I care about is consistency from DE. If self-damage is to be removed from trinity, then there are other frames that could benefit from having self-damage activated abilities having this changed too. 

What I'm more concerned with, and what is unclear to me at present, is DE's prioritisation. 

Scorpions and Ancients still use hitscan mechanics in their grappling hooks, so there's no dodging them. There are progression stopping map holes and game-breaking bugs in many prominent nodes...but this is the thing that DE focus on. That's my concern. 

well, like I said in my first comment, and DE actually specified this by saying "For consistency, damage link abilities (Trinity, Nidus, Nekros) will no longer transmit self-damage

it's a very nice bullet dodge tbh. chroma's self dmg doesn't really count in this case, it still uses self dmg but that's not being used to directly kill enemies. it's 2 very different things. I wrote more on this in my first post so I don't think repeating it is worth it 

it's known DE really bad at prioritizing things, 'the next big thing' is always first on the list because they have to keep proving themselves for some reason, and doing bigger things than last year, and it'll come to hurt them eventually. you might say it's for the love of the game and their job but they can do that with working on the rest of the game? and I'm not saying "no new stuff, fix game" but it's how they mindlessly prioritize it, so yes, my concern is the same as yours and the first dude, alongside many others.....I doubt they'll stop with this, not until something really bad happens because of it 

just as a final note, Steve said it himself in devstream 111 I think, indirecting quoting here: "a big part of the team is working on sacrifice, another large part is working on venus, and what little left is working on the rest of the game" this is his closing comment during that stream at the end. that, imo is warframe's biggest threat and I hope they see that soon 

1 hour ago, seprent said:

*just arrived from patch notes*

just turned off self damage being channeled though link based abilities fair and fixes the problem with no cleave damage in sight 

Off topic: que salty dps people i know they are there hiding somewhere like a elusive endangered animal i will find you and fill out a bingo card because of you

What is it with this community and just straight up wanting its own member's harm at dang near every point.

Anyone else highly amused by all the feedback on Castana-Trinity nerf? 

"Thank you for removing that boring and SELFISH playstyle! Good Riddance!! Now get back to 2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2 spam and feed me energy you plebe!!!!"

3 minutes ago, allibound said:

Anyone else highly amused by all the feedback on Castana-Trinity nerf? 

"Thank you for removing that boring and SELFISH playstyle! Good Riddance!! Now get back to 2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2 spam and feed me energy you plebe!!!!"

I think you'll find it's 2-2-2-4-2-2-2-2-2-4-2-2-2-2-2-4-2-2-2-...