Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone else still stuck on Khora

Educated_Beast

The game has really stagnated for me.  Every since release of Onslaught, I've ran at least one to three times a day for parts (I've only skipped a few days going out of town).  I've gotten most of them but stuck on the helmet.  Now I go to 6 waves and leave but the drop rates are so low it is more like a job than a game.  I just run until the syndicate is maxed then log out.  I just don't care about the rest of the game.  

I know I could buy it, but I'm MR25 and never had to do that with any other frame.  They have all been easier, even the tough ones like Mesa (required a key), equinox (many parts but fast farm boss), etc.  I have them all, some tougher than others but they all seem possible.  This frame does not seem possible to complete. Forcing me to pay to NOT play is forcing me away from this mess.  I'm so frustrated I did not even enjoy the new quest.  

At least with Excal Umbra I can exit frame, go hide operator, and read a book while waiting for the punishment timer to expire.  Normal Onslaught has got to be one of the most boring game modes ever created.  Anyone else still stuck here?

Just now, Fishyflakes said:

Shoulda just bought it so you could enjoy the rest of the game instead of playing the Sacrifice with your salt.

I'm sure an MR25 knows how to make plat as well.

Yup, but now I'm invested.  

And to think, the best way to play the game, is now not to play at all.  

6 minutes ago, Educated_Beast said:

Making passive aggressive threads and comments in the forums is not the way the game is meant to be played 👀

You know there are alot of threads I've posted in during my time here that simply wittle down to "spend plat and be happier".

This one is no exception :crylaugh:

Edited by Fishyflakes

My friend has been running sanc over and over and over and they're one drop away and losing all will to play the game. They do nothing but try and farm Khora. They really want khora but they don't wanna buy it or have it bought for them. Kinda worried.

My biggest qualm with Khora farming is the same i have with Gara. For accessibility reason both are limited to the lower leveled version of their respective gamemodes (onslaught and bounties). 

The problem is that while i enjoy running the bounties at lv 50+ because at least the enemies register as enemies, bounties lv 5-30 are a dull crawl through the plains where enemies barely register as being there and sometimes i even forget i'm fighting something. Same thing for Onslaught - the Elite version i love to death and i play constantly, the standard one has such a low level i sleepwalk through 8 waves and then leave feeling more bored than anything else. 

It took me ages to get Gara purely because of that - i quite simply couldn't force myself to stomach those low level boubties. And Khora has been the same thing. But while i didn't really have much interest in Gara and i left here as soon as i mastered her, Khora is instead really interesting to me. So it's actually even worse. 

I would just like to have a way of getting Khora parts on ESO as it was before. Maybe as a one-off reward (means when you get it it gets swapped out of the drop table)... 

4 hours ago, Educated_Beast said:

Don't think. That way. You're just unlucky. I've personally not enjoyed the last few frame grinds so I've just bought them. I'm Mr 25 as well and I used to never buy frames, but nidus was the end of the line for me. Bought every frame since then. 

Just buy it and save the hassle and more salt

3 hours ago, Lancars said:

My friend has been running sanc over and over and over and they're one drop away and losing all will to play the game. They do nothing but try and farm Khora. They really want khora but they don't wanna buy it or have it bought for them. Kinda worried.

Just buy it for them anyways. Just do it. If they keep farming they will burn out and that's not what you want. 

I started burning out farming so I started spending more plat on things. Every single Forma I've ever used since they changed the void system, has been bought with plat. 

5 hours ago, Educated_Beast said:

The game has really stagnated for me.  Every since release of Onslaught, I've ran at least one to three times a day for parts (I've only skipped a few days going out of town).  I've gotten most of them but stuck on the helmet.  Now I go to 6 waves and leave but the drop rates are so low it is more like a job than a game.  I just run until the syndicate is maxed then log out.  I just don't care about the rest of the game.  

I know I could buy it, but I'm MR25 and never had to do that with any other frame.  They have all been easier, even the tough ones like Mesa (required a key), equinox (many parts but fast farm boss), etc.  I have them all, some tougher than others but they all seem possible.  This frame does not seem possible to complete. Forcing me to pay to NOT play is forcing me away from this mess.  I'm so frustrated I did not even enjoy the new quest.  

At least with Excal Umbra I can exit frame, go hide operator, and read a book while waiting for the punishment timer to expire.  Normal Onslaught has got to be one of the most boring game modes ever created.  Anyone else still stuck here?

Yes.  I’ve been trying once a day for the last part I need.  It’s a fun mode, but I’d rather be running for Arcanes.  Only the focus from my Eidelon lens is really adding value at this point.

I had a 75% off and still couldn’t pull the trigger.  Principle wouldn’t let me.

I hate Onslaught because theres absolutely no room for error if you're not running a meta frame. I've gone in with whatever i felt like then left on round 7 as a failure. And its not for lack of trying. Enemies are too spread out at times. 

And its nothing like the challenge it was first presented as. Either you're on cruise control with a meta frame or losing slowly. There's no inbetween. 

Edited by (PS4)Tactless_Ninja

I just bought her the second I logged in.

I mean, I usually don't buy Frames (heck, I farmed Equinox and Ivara and somehow I'm not insane yet), but Octavia and Khora are a different story.

I never really liked endless gamemodes. Not because they keep getting more difficult or something like that, I just don't have any fun in those. Combine that with a insultingly low drop rate, and you basically guaranteed that I'll never play it.

As for Octavia, I just don't like those Lua puzzles. They suck.

The problem is they put her in normal SO, which is a total waste of time. I have ESO for focus farming and there's really no point for me to do SO coz they give less XP and focus and mostly useless reward. I don't want to pay for her either coz it feels like scam so I decided to leave her as is.

Edited by Marvelous_A

I'm MR 25 too and I just buy everything.  I've bought every frame since Nidus.  I bought Lato and Braton Vandal when I got tired of onslaught.  I'll wait a few weeks then buy Limbo Prime.  I've still got over 2000p left (all from trading never spent a dime) so I can keep this up for a year or two.  

There’s actually pros & cons for buying 

I am still farming Harrow Head even though it’s frustrating but if I skipped it, I would not have gained all the pistol status mods or covert lethality 

I bought Octavia from anticipating the unfun Lua puzzles but I missed out on doing any of them since I bought my Lua mods. I did buy Ivara with a coupon even though I have two parts because it is known as a crazy farm from wiki. I did not buy Gara or other Primes other than my main Mag, they just came passively although I bought parts to save me from going crazy (in retrospect the unvaulted part just dropped anyway) 

The acquisitions are not set in stone- some people who hate fishing buy fish from plat they farmed elsewhere. I call this indirect method flanking. You can flank an objective/mission/castle, not just do a full frontal attack and then get worn down. 

Also, I noticed that when I try hard to grind, that’s when misery sets in. The intense desire and inevitable frustration of not getting the parts instantly causes the suffering. The Buddha was right.

I learned to temper my desires through time and patience like the Harrow farm, or just passively gain things and not expect too intensely (or instantly). Yes I am also stuck with Khora, but my attitude towards it is slightly better now.

Edited by (PS4)Chel-El

1 hour ago, (XB1)ThermalStone said:

I'm MR 25 too and I just buy everything.  I've bought every frame since Nidus.  I bought Lato and Braton Vandal when I got tired of onslaught.  I'll wait a few weeks then buy Limbo Prime.  I've still got over 2000p left (all from trading never spent a dime) so I can keep this up for a year or two.  

In that regards is DE not brilliant?   I think most of us go through phases in this game where plat is valuable.  At first we need plat slots, then we need plat for cosmetics..but after that plat will just build up since we can ~50 plat/hour just casually doing fissures and have nothing to spend it on.  Also...cosmetics (frame and orbiter) aren't for everyone.  Forma builds up, resources build up..and no sink.   DE gives the MR24+ a plat sink in this way; khora is a few hundred plat gone poof into the ether.   If a 5000 people bought khora that is somewhere between $25k-$50k of actualized revenue for DE.  

9 hours ago, Arniox said:

Just buy it for them anyways. Just do it. If they keep farming they will burn out and that's not what you want. 

I started burning out farming so I started spending more plat on things. Every single Forma I've ever used since they changed the void system, has been bought with plat. 

Yea but everytime that happens my friend seems more and more convinced they are trying to push him into spending plat in bad ways. I understand it as keeping DE running but they had to deal with games with bad practices.

8 hours ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Yes.  I’ve been trying once a day for the last part I need.  It’s a fun mode, but I’d rather be running for Arcanes.  Only the focus from my Eidelon lens is really adding value at this point.

I had a 75% off and still couldn’t pull the trigger.  Principle wouldn’t let me.

On principle you try to not pay for the things you use or enjoy?

Sounds like a case of bad luck.

Although I don't really enjoy the Onslaught, it is a great place to level up your stuff. Consider revisiting some builds and using some forma, so you can make actual progress with something else while farming Khora.