Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archived

LordViper4

3 hours ago, LupisV0lk said:

Because Ember trivialised low tier stuff and DE balanced her.

Clearly they did a terrible job because New Ember trivializes low tier stuff even harder than Ember Classic ever did. 

7 hours ago, LordViper4 said:

Because you can't. You run out of energy. Even with mods to fix it. Which stops me having armour or health. 

Maybe you personally can't, but others can, and we all have the same tools to work with, so it's gotta be a you problem. Please share how you're building her and other players (who are finding success with Ember) can help you.

10 hours ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

Ember got hit by the nerf-hammer a while back and has not recovered ever since.
Just forget about her for the time being.

problem is, when things like ember get smashed, people stop playing it. and when DE see's its no longer in use they start to wonder why.

its the same when guns or frames (like chroma) are over used, development companies like DE check out why its so popular, and nerf it into the ground so its no longer used. which basically means they are just shooting themselves in the foot. 

2 hours ago, SenorClipClop said:

Maybe you personally can't, but others can, and we all have the same tools to work with, so it's gotta be a you problem. Please share how you're building her and other players (who are finding success with Ember) can help you.

Your the only one who says it works...

14 hours ago, LordViper4 said:

So I have both Ember Prime and Equinox and I'm baffled to why Ember's performance is horrendous.

Ember has the following problems: You run out of energy, really low range, bad  at high levels targets, you can't afk because you need to run around for energy and can't even use any armour/health mods because you need it for efficiency/duration/range and power. You need all the elements, because duraztion lowers the amount of energy used for your 4th. 

Ember's model is not very well created, at all and needs a rework.

Ember is useless when you have Equinox. 

Accelerant’s use will give you Utility 

14 hours ago, LordViper4 said:

So I have both Ember Prime and Equinox and I'm baffled to why Ember's performance is horrendous.

Ember has the following problems: You run out of energy, really low range, bad  at high levels targets, you can't afk because you need to run around for energy and can't even use any armour/health mods because you need it for efficiency/duration/range and power. You need all the elements, because duration lowers the amount of energy used for your 4th. 

Ember's model is not very well created, at all and needs a rework.

Ember is useless when you have Equinox. 

She's pretty much been nerfed into the ground because people kept complaining about her.

Honestly DE's never really gotten Ember right. They nerfed her WoF because it killed everything at low level and high range when modded right.. but now it's just.. well, S#&$.

For the longest time Ember Prime was my favorite warframe, I'd use her for no other reason then because I loved playing her, also loved her fashion, now I don't touch her anymore at all.

DE:

Spoiler

Edited by Lanadra

Ember was buffed. The only sign of a Nerf is if you leave WoF running for more than 10 seconds. Everything else about her is the same or better. 

Also, not every frame needs to be easy to play. I appreciate the skill level it takes to be good with Ember. There are tons of other easy to play nuke frames. Maim equinox isn't even her best form. 

12 hours ago, LupisV0lk said:

9 hours ago, Oreades said:

Clearly they did a terrible job because New Ember trivializes low tier stuff even harder than Ember Classic ever did. 

bahaha i love seeing people say that.. it makes absolutely no sense 🤣

she is still nearly identical to before. i do slightly more damage and have the same range with the change.. when world of fire is at its max reduction. i have like 40 meters range when i first turn it on and absolutely wreck everything. if anything the only real difference is ember does better in high level content now, which is probably still bad since she does nothing to armor.. but i dont use her for that anyway. the only real thing her change did for me, is the energy consumption doubling the 0.75 per second i have.. still never need to turn it off since i run around with my synoid gammacor, but i do it for the massive range now and that burns through more energy than just letting it run naturally.

i can absolutely annihilate low tier stuff much easier now.

10 hours ago, Oreades said:

Or the time someone suggested that we should have an end of mission cinematic to show our Liset docking with the Orbiter. 

Oh, that exists. They just never put it in the game. They showed it in a Devstream.

The main problem is that people use the other landing crafts, and they haven't decided how they want to work them in with the Orbiter concept. They know how the Liset fits in the front, but how would they do Mantis or Xiphos? They have bigger priorities, so we don't know.

13 hours ago, LupisV0lk said:

Just like a decently modded regular Lex. Or any rank 30 weapon with a dual element set up. 

Or anything else in the game really beyond the MK-1 equipment you start with. Hell Excal does it better. And you can take him to high tier stuff with minimal investment. 

Edited by EthosP

1 hour ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Ember was buffed. The only sign of a Nerf is if you leave WoF running for more than 10 seconds. Everything else about her is the same or better. 

Also, not every frame needs to be easy to play. I appreciate the skill level it takes to be good with Ember. There are tons of other easy to play nuke frames. Maim equinox isn't even her best form. 

This. Or if you refuse to move to get enemies in WoF range cause like this is Warframe we have mobility.

5 hours ago, LordViper4 said:

Your the only one who says it works...

Well, there are at least three other players on this page of this thread who seem to share my opinion that Ember is still viable and usable. I can also link you to videos of people using Ember successfully if you like. 

This sounds like a you problem. Share your build and we can help you.

1 hour ago, SenorClipClop said:

Well, there are at least three other players on this page of this thread who seem to share my opinion that Ember is still viable and usable. I can also link you to videos of people using Ember successfully if you like. 

No, it's an ember problem. She doesn't scale, has mediocre cc and needs to be nodded for everything. She belongs in a dumpster. If you think she is viable your experience with other warframe is abysmal.

Ember is bad because she's supposed to be a caster warframe. A DPS caster specifically. She can't realistically fulfil that role though.

Nidus is a good example of a caster warframe that can do DPS. Is self sufficient, doesn't depend on weapons to cater to the caster playstyle and is capable of dealing relevant damage at all phases of the game.

Ember needs a genuine rework to make her good. Right now the best one can be with ember is a janky damage buff support.

5 hours ago, (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam said:

This. Or if you refuse to move to get enemies in WoF range cause like this is Warframe we have mobility.

Pretty much unless you mod Ember for max range (sacrificing, oh lets say survivability mods).... your WoF range is going to melt down to essentially Melee range. You know what is really good at Melee range that literally every frame has ..... cause it's Melee weapons..... So you unless you're either Maxing your range or needlessly toggling WoF...... you might as well just Melee everything, with literally any frame. 

Oh did you max your WoF range so you could leave it on all the time with a reasinable range? You're also going to need to max out your Efficiency, so say good bye to having room for Augments like I dunno....Firequake..... I dunno about everyone else but Firequake was pretty much the reason I used WoF, cause it sure wasn't for the Damage.

So you can pretty much sum the change as either 

1. Constantly toggle your channeled ability to keep it above Melee range 
  2. Min Max even harder so your channeled ability works in a reasonable manner. Goodbye Survivability, goodbye Firequake....

When all they really had to do was just put a cap on her WoF range. Cause the whole problem was with people who where already Min Maxing their build for Max range having a 40+ Meter WoF. Oh the infinite freakin' irony that the change to deal with that crazy range essentially forced people who weren't min maxing their range to have to Min Max their range...... GG

Edited by Oreades

18 hours ago, Obviousclone said:

Nidus is a good example of a caster warframe that can do DPS. Is self sufficient, doesn't depend on weapons to cater to the caster playstyle and is capable of dealing relevant damage at all phases of the game.

Slight nitpick that Nidus is a tank, not a caster, but upvote to everything else. Just don't let triple here you say that

The hell is with this "She's useless" crap?   I use Ember Prime all the time, and she still kicks plenty of butts.  I never have an issue with energy at -all-.   Her WoF, along with Firequake augment, makes for amazing CC at -any- level.  In fact, I use her in Sorties with little to no issue.

I honestly don't see the issues people are complaining about.   She's absolutely fine.   

I think people are just stuck on this mentality of "I can't make my ramen while Ember is AFK winning for me" somehow translating to "Ember is trash".   That's b.s.

On 2018-07-26 at 8:31 AM, Oreades said:

Pretty much unless you mod Ember for max range (sacrificing, oh lets say survivability mods)

You can't do that though because you need to build Duration (for energy), strength (for any damage), and max energy. You need to build everything to be viable. You even need a primary weapon to set you on fire to maintain your energy. Why do you need to build so much just to use the warframe? It needs a rework.

On 2018-07-26 at 5:08 AM, SenorClipClop said:

I agree partially with you that it could be a user error but if you look and analyse ember carefully the majority of people can clearly see that Ember is in a odd position and scaling is a big problem, and really just needs a complete rework. Just like the following people said:

On 2018-07-26 at 8:20 AM, Obviousclone said:

Ember is bad because she's supposed to be a caster warframe. A DPS caster specifically. She can't realistically fulfil that role though.

Ember needs a genuine rework to make her good. Right now the best one can be with ember is a janky damage buff support.

On 2018-07-26 at 6:43 AM, tripletriple said:

No, it's an ember problem. She doesn't scale, has mediocre cc and needs to be nodded for everything. She belongs in a dumpster. If you think she is viable your experience with other warframe is abysmal.

Edited by LordViper4

14 hours ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

The hell is with this "She's useless" crap?   I use Ember Prime all the time, and she still kicks plenty of butts.  I never have an issue with energy at -all-.   Her WoF, along with Firequake augment, makes for amazing CC at -any- level.  In fact, I use her in Sorties with little to no issue.

I honestly don't see the issues people are complaining about.   She's absolutely fine.   

I think people are just stuck on this mentality of "I can't make my ramen while Ember is AFK winning for me" somehow translating to "Ember is trash".   That's b.s.

Its not the AFK that is the problem. The range on her fourth ability is melee range so you may as well just not use it. Its really pointless and needs a rework. You can build full range but then you have no survivability, no duration for energy cost, no strength, and go back to square 1; useless.

Edited by LordViper4

1 minute ago, LordViper4 said:

You can't do that though because you need to build Duration (for energy), strength (for any damage), and max energy. You need to build everything to be viable. You even need a primary weapon to set you on fire to maintain your energy. Why do you need to build so much just to use the warframe? It needs a rework.

Is it duration? I could have sworn it was efficiency, oh well Duration then. 

The problem is that to make WoF serviceable you essentially need to treat all of her other skills like dumpskills. Even then it's only really serviceable on the Starchart, mostly because there just isn't room for Firequake. Is it any wonder why my post Nerf Ember Loadout was titled Starscourge. 

That whole needing to set yourself on fire is kinda a super lame passive. Since you essentially have to sacrifice a weapon because you can't build it for damage as any reasonable damage weapon will one shot a Warframe.  So now your loadout is down either a primary or a secondary. As there are no reliable enemy or environmental methods of setting oneself on fire. 

I stand by my assertion that all they "needed" to do was cap the maximum range on WoF to like 27-30m cause it was the 40+ meter Embers that where the problem. Not unlike Novas Molecular prime Power Strength essentially capping. They overcomplicated the Ember change in what I feel was a purposeful attempt at getting people to defend it as not being a Nerf. 

Whether Ember is still useful or not, I'm still confused by the change they made to her. Surely they could have come up with other ways to make her a lass passive frame, make her run around more, and incentivize her to use her other abilities more often.

Saryn spores have endless range, practically. It just needs to be able to chain. Yet nobody's complaining about her, because the way to use spores requires active management.