Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm afraid Railjack will turn out the way Archwings did

(XBOX)BowlofTofu

By that I mean, they put it in. A few people like it. Most don't like it. 

Then after a while the hype is gone and everyone is back to doing the same missions as before. 

I really want Railjack to work, and make a crew to raid and have fun taking down bigger ships. But I'm afraid it will be buggy, poor controls, and unintuitive. 

Do you guys feel the same or are hyped for it? 

It'll work better than archwing did at the start. Unlike archwing, Railjack will not be a completely isolated system, it'll mesh into already established gameplay and add new things. As for how it'll control, they aren't even close to releasing it, it won't be ready by Fortuna, so hopefully they'll take their time to make it as streamlined as possible.

Personally: I'm looking forward to it.

1 minute ago, DarthBane1 said:

Have caution. Unless they rework Archwing AGAIN it WILL fail as it depends heavily on Archwing. 

Where'd you hear that? From what I saw Archwing was mainly used as transition. Most of the actual gameplay is either on the ship, or in the enemies'.

Edited by Omega-Shadowblade

One of the points DE made many moons ago when asked why they don't dump more resources into developing, refining, and expanding archwing was that there was a chicken-egg problem without regarding demand for it to be improved vs polishing it enough to generate the demand in the first place. As any developer, there are only a limited amount of resources to go around, and archwing was never central enough to Warframe to warrant the resources it'd take to really hone. Railjack foregrounds archwing in a way none of the previous content does. Rather than being an overly fancy taxi or secluded game mode spoken of in hushed whispers, it makes archwing a vital necessity, which will require DE to address for the good of the game mode.

at this point, all we can do is wait and see. when it drops though, we need to make sure we leave feedback and say what needs fixing, aside from obvious bugs. I think that with railjack being on a larger scale than Archwing (your ship vs a Capital Ship/Galleon, rather than your Archwing vs some piddly drones), it will automatically be a bit more enticing for most people; these will be larger space battles, and thus more appealing.

people reckon that Archwing will ruin Railjack, but I see the opposite: I see an opportunity for Railjack to improve upon Archwing.

30 minutes ago, (XB1)Badfaildotexe said:

Then after a while the hype is gone and everyone is back to doing the same missions as before. 

I really want Railjack to work, and make a crew to raid and have fun taking down bigger ships. But I'm afraid it will be buggy, poor controls, and unintuitive. 

I'm hyped for it. DE specifically has Railjack in mind as their long-term goal for how to design Warframe. They want us to actually use the Railjack for exploring space and flying to missions as a team, as a replacement for the Landing Craft loading screen sequences.

23 minutes ago, DarthBane1 said:

Have caution. Unless they rework Archwing AGAIN it WILL fail as it depends heavily on Archwing. 

I don't think they'll need to rework Archwing to make Railjack work. Archwing is already very well designed - the problem is that there just aren't a lot of Archwing missions or a lot of variety in those missions.
And more importantly, that it's ridiculously hard to gather the Archwing mods we want because even uncommons will have a 2% chance to drop, and that gets old fast.

Then there's the fact that Archwing gear comes only from two places: dojo research and Syndicate rewards. Juggling Syndicate standing to build the weapon you want is a serious pain, and I don't look forward to having to abandon all my work on Arbiters and Suda just to get the Phaedra.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

25 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

at this point, all we can do is wait and see. when it drops though, we need to make sure we leave feedback and say what needs fixing, aside from obvious bugs. I think that with railjack being on a larger scale than Archwing (your ship vs a Capital Ship/Galleon, rather than your Archwing vs some piddly drones), it will automatically be a bit more enticing for most people; these will be larger space battles, and thus more appealing.

people reckon that Archwing will ruin Railjack, but I see the opposite: I see an opportunity for Railjack to improve upon Archwing.

^^^

Edited by Aeon94

33 minutes ago, DrakeWurrum said:

Then there's the fact that Archwing gear comes only from two places: dojo research and Syndicate rewards. Juggling Syndicate standing to build the weapon you want is a serious pain, and I don't look forward to having to abandon all my work on Arbiters and Suda just to get the Phaedra.

That's why you trade for the parts you are missing. 

34 minutes ago, DrakeWurrum said:

This could be the case of branding a feature without sufficient content enough to make it an on going worthy game play experience. 

Rail Jjack depends on lots of missions and in seamless integration. For example a Rail Jack may occur as one of the missions for example a sortie. There should be a variety of missions for rail jack and different uses for it. If there is just one mission or two missions for it the whole thing will die fast. All that hype and interest will dry fast. Rail Jack is a tough compromise that demands bigger levels, larger open world areas and a true improvement to Arch Wing. 

Rail Jack should be integrated like it was integrated in the demo shown by DE. It must feel continues with normal missions and intense like doing galleon boarding of different ship classes. It must not be reduced to just boarding hijacking and destroying the ship. It must provide more mission types by expanding to space station raids, orbital weapon sabotage and so on. If Rail Jack is incorporated as a natural part of the different missions I'm sure will start strong. 

Yes Arch Wing requires a lot of game play mechanics fine tuning. There are a lot of things to do in it. If Rail Jack wants to be a smooth experience, the archwing game play must be polished constantly. The game play mechanics of space battles should improve and the number of missions for archiwing should increase. 

Eventually the game will become a huge sandbox where these types of missions could be tackled in one run. For now we want to have a solid start to the project because it promise a lot. We don't want it to fall short and uninteresting after 4 hours of game play. DE needs to increase the size of their development team because the game is growing exponentially. There should be department for tile level design, warframe design, tuning and balancing, open world arenas, space battles and enemy design. There should be departments for modeling items for rail jacks. 

The scale of the game is increasing. DE must be careful not to promise a new world of possibilities with slow progression. They have to see first if they are capable for the job and they can increase the personnel for the task, absorb the work and deliver under the scale they are now suggesting with Rail Jack and Venus Fortuna. 

Edited by Felsagger

I can already see flying the Railjack and one-shotting enemy fighters will make people reel for the fences in less then 2 hours.

But as usual, special resources will come from space battle and require it so that you can kill the guy on the planet wit four legs or something. 

I’m personally excited for Railjack, weather it’s a failure or not, I still want to blow up some ships. I feel like it will do better than when Archwing was first introduced into the game. Why you ask? Well, Railjack is basically Steve’s baby since he had this idea for years and years now and is finally getting to work on it. With that it being his baby, he most likely wants it to be perfect. Will everyone enjoy Railjack when it’s released? Of course not. But that’s how everything is in the game and in-general as well, you can’t please everyone.

Edited by xXDeadsinxX

I'm not excited for Railjack. It doesn't add anything I really want into this game, it's basically a combination and slight alteration of things we already have; but my biggest problem is that I'm afraid it's going to be poison: players yelling at each other, "you do this" or "do that" or "no! power to guns" or "I will do it!" etc. but in not so polite a language.

I’m not hype for it. It looks like a 1-part Raid (instead of the previous 3 parts of raid). 

I’m sure they will put in new rewards for railjack to attractive players to keep playing it. 

As for me, I won’t play it anymore once I’ve gotten all new rewards n like you said, return to usual missions which are considered core missions lol

11 hours ago, Miser_able said:

I keep forgetting about that. My wife is even using the Syndicates that hate me... 🤐

5 hours ago, rastaban75 said:

I'm not excited for Railjack. It doesn't add anything I really want into this game, it's basically a combination and slight alteration of things we already have; but my biggest problem is that I'm afraid it's going to be poison: players yelling at each other, "you do this" or "do that" or "no! power to guns" or "I will do it!" etc. but in not so polite a language.

Well firstly, that's why you play with friends.
Secondly, you COULD say it's an evolution of what Warframe offers already... It's like an extra layer of co-operative complexity beyond "Kill 100 enemies"

4 hours ago, kyori said:

I’m not hype for it. It looks like a 1-part Raid (instead of the previous 3 parts of raid).

Keep in mind that what we saw at Tennocon was just one example of a Railjack mission. They fully intend to have Railjack be *THE* core mission mode as a long-term goal, using it to practically "remove" loading screens, along with plans to essentially use Railjack for exploring unknown space.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

First of all let's talk about the reward. I couldn't think of a good reward for the coming Railjack and it's very possble they will just put Fortuna resources in it. If that's the case, Railjack is pretty much dead the moment it gets released. Anyway, even if it's a total failure we can get brand new landing craft/ orbiter that's larger in size so I'm happy either way.

Edited by Marvelous_A

14 hours ago, (XB1)Badfaildotexe said:

Well like any new feature, it will likely have a few glitches and maybe require some tweaking to balance certain aspects. I don't expect it to be perfect and awesome, right away.

So, yeah, I am reasonably hyped about it...but my expectations are realistic, I would say.

13 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

First of all let's talk about the reward. I couldn't think of a good reward for the coming Railjack and it's very possble they will just put Fortuna resources in it. If that's the case, Railjack is pretty much dead the moment it gets released. Anyway, even if it's a total failure we can get brand new landing craft/ orbiter that's larger in size so I'm happy either way.

Except it's not going to be specific to Fortuna. They've said it's going to be an entirely new mission mode that will one day replace the solar map method we use now.