The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PC Update 23.5] Revenant Feedback Megathread

Marcooose

3 minutes ago, Cook-EN- said:

He's still perfectly useable. They didn't nerf his damage, did they? DE has said time and time again that they don't like the 'Press 4 and AFK' mentality. That's why they nerfed his energy consumption. You can easily mod around the energy consumption rate too.

they did nerf his damage, if you don't have any energy you can't use his abilities

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Cook-EN- said:

He's still perfectly useable. They didn't nerf his damage, did they? DE has said time and time again that they don't like the 'Press 4 and AFK' mentality. That's why they nerfed his energy consumption. You can easily mod around the energy consumption rate too.

You can say they did nerf his dmg.
Damage Per Energy wise it was nerfed.

5 minutes ago, Cook-EN- said:

Even at max efficiency you drain 5/s. That's quite a bit for the average player who's energy pool is in the 300s without primed flow. That's on top of the fact that your Reave costs 20energy by itself which is the only ability you can use during danse.

• Like 2

Just now, Zyneris said:

Even at max efficiency you drain 5/s. That's quite a bit for the average player who's energy pool is in the 300s without primed flow. That's on top of the fact that your Reave costs 20energy by itself which is the only ability you can use during danse.

Also wouldn't you be basically sacrificing most of your mod slots just to make his 4th energy drain tolerable?

Just now, (XB1)ultamite hero said:

screenshot or clip for proof and epicness. Also theres a bug with mesmer skin that makes nullifiers ignore his charges. Not if thats been fixed yet.

Didn't think to screenshot but i can tell you my methods. I used Gas phantasma (for funsies. Having so much fun with this gun) so I was actually struggling on the Grustrag for dps but I was chipping away at them using a fast war build with shattering impact and using danse Macabre's corrosive procs. I used a lot of energy, but with the orbs dropping and my zenurik, I always had enough charge ready for mesmer. Grustrag couldn't even hurt me between mesmer and enslaving them for a few seconds.

2 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

Didn't think to screenshot but i can tell you my methods. I used Gas phantasma (for funsies. Having so much fun with this gun) so I was actually struggling on the Grustrag for dps but I was chipping away at them using a fast war build with shattering impact and using danse Macabre's corrosive procs. I used a lot of energy, but with the orbs dropping and my zenurik, I always had enough charge ready for mesmer. Grustrag couldn't even hurt me between mesmer and enslaving them for a few seconds.

Still dosen't mean the added Energy Drain still makes him Viable.

• Like 2

The one ability that was perfect as is, and you try to fix some supposed "set it and forget it" issue with a poorly thought out, frame breaking "solution".

Revenant needed a rework of his other abilities (like raising the cap on enthrall...an actual, useful step in the right direction) but you insist on taking unnecessary steps to break the frame and ruin any fun that could be had playing it...I just don't get it.

If this "set it and forget it" is really an issue, which I really don't think it is relative to other abilities in the game, it should be solved with a well thought out and reasonable tweak rather than a quick, lazy band aid fix. 

I am really disappointed. I was enjoying the new frame and looking forward to some well considered, positive adjustments rather than this.

Just now, VPrime96 said:

Still dosen't mean the added Energy Drain still makes him Viable.

Then post your feedback in the feedback thread. The cost was stated as experimental if you feel it is unfair go there and give an intelligent reasoning as to why. Don't mope around.

Personally though, the cost is manageable. It can be used in bursts more than long enough to clear a room of high level enemies, and currently I'm not using flow in my build soooooo.... whatever you wanna take from that.

1 minute ago, mathuedoi said:

The one ability that was perfect as is, and you try to fix some supposed "set it and forget it" issue with a poorly thought out, frame breaking "solution".

Revenant needed a rework of his other abilities (like raising the cap on enthrall...an actual, useful step in the right direction) but you insist on taking unnecessary steps to break the frame and ruin any fun that could be had playing it...I just don't get it.

If this "set it and forget it" is really an issue, which I really don't think it is relative to other abilities in the game, it should be solved with a well thought out and reasonable tweak rather than a quick, lazy band aid fix. 

I am really disappointed. I was enjoying the new frame and looking forward to some well considered, positive adjustments rather than this.

Also the fact that his 4  isn't at all a set and forget. You constantly have to move and find higher ground and focus lasers and manage energy. Every single other ability of his is set and forget. The one ability that isn't is his 4 and they claim to nerf it for that reason.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

Then post your feedback in the feedback thread. The cost was stated as experimental if you feel it is unfair go there and give an intelligent reasoning as to why. Don't mope around.

Personally though, the cost is manageable. It can be used in bursts more than long enough to clear a room of high level enemies, and currently I'm not using flow in my build soooooo.... whatever you wanna take from that.

then show us the build that you have.

Didn't care about the cap as much as the LOCKOUT. You can't use the ability on much beside trash mobs and they're terrible at hurting each other so the only reason to cast it is a limited CC and the damage pillar. It's not even great CC, compared to so many other CC on other warframes so without the damage pillar it would be useless. Although it does synergize with his 2 and become free, free rocks are still just throwing rocks in a gun fight. The lockout makes it uncastable for long periods.

Glad his 2 reflects status, but agree it needs like a second or something to use the charge, stunning everyone hitting you at the time the charge is expending. Might Balance well against the weaknesses of his 1.

His 3 is still iffy as to whether it will actually steal health and shields when it passes through enemies.

His 4 (most people calling it his only redeeming quality although I disagree) getting a massive nerf (60% increase in energy cost) doesn't really set well with me when you have a LOT of potentially wasted energy now (unlike Mesa which you are guaranteed energy for damage pretty much every tick). If you are going to keep this change then you need to ramp up his 2, his 3 and his 1 to at least bring him up to snuff with the other CC frames. I really liked him before you nuked his 4 (would like the lockout removed so his 1 is useful) - he could have been a nice jack of trades with a little tank, a little DPS and a little CC. Neither the tank or CC were absolutely grade A but his DPS side kind of made up for that. Increasing it's cost (nerfing) without addressing the shortcomings and broken elements of his other features pretty much puts him close to the "undesirable to play" line.

One addendum:

Warframe has changed to focus on DPS, Survivability (health or armor) and has discarded a lot of the team play elements that were around during the raid days. This is easily shown in the team-unfriendly changes to Saryn and the entire Kit of Harrow, along with the relative weakness of shields. That said the last two NEW warframes were heavily oriented towards CC. I'm not sure why this is being done but if you want us to kill everything in site, including competing with our team mates to make our abilities function effectively, then we need things that adhere to these new directions you've taken the game. Nerfing the only ability that makes your newest warframe relevant to this does not make your community happy, because except in a very limited capacity, the two newest warframes just don't CC well enough to be useful and can't fill DPS or Support roles well enough to encourage people to play them.

Just my thoughts. Hope it was constructive.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, (XB1)ultamite hero said:

then show us the build that you have.

9PhyS6x.png

This is the build I'm currently working around. Good Duration, some increase in Efficiency, and still a very strong amount of power. I can deal with the loss in range as Danse works better as a CQC ability anyways and I'm always in the frontline with mesmer to get the thralls.

Now yes I use an Umbral build just so I have a little bit of extra downtime durability between casts if I need it, if you feel you don't need it then by all means surpass these values.

Edited by Omega-Shadowblade

I was hoping they rework his 4 to an ability similar to energy spikes in eidolon hunting, but I guess this changes are good.
I dont want revenant to come to ps4 the way he was; I dont want to join into matches then throw my controller cuz I've joined with more than one revenants who use their 4th killing everyone while some of them are AFK.

4 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

I rather take a Saryn Prime or a Maiming Strike Atterax and clear rooms of High level enemies with less Energy used.

1 hour ago, ZodiacShinryu said:

Ember? Really? I have seen like 10 different "Ember is trash" threads over the month and we are going to elevate her one benefit (WoF just being a passive aura) as a case against another power that deals way more damage in general? What? Factoring out everything but Power damage whether you have 2 types or all 3, they are both pumping out absolutely nothing! As the level increases the nothing gets even more pronounced Ember (and her one benefit) can just happen to proceed as usual. All other frames that don't meet the exception list likely need to find another way (generally old fashion target acquisitions), Revenant is no different in that regard.

I am not going to compare a CC (focused/fall back in this case) skill to a damage one. Sound quake, augment or not, has always been better for CC than damage especially for the infested where her damage is going to take a hit anyway. Danse is not a CC skill in any way and as far as release goes it never was. But both of them get reduced to the same insignificant levels even if Revenant has to worry about 1 more enemy.

I know those threads i used her as an example only, but over this thread i found soo far atleast 5 comments directly saying that revenants skill is no different than old wof or soundquake.

But now nothing of it matters anymore, with the energy cost nerf this frame (for me atleast) have lost any reasons to use.

The thralls are weak, stupid and pointless. Mesmer skin simply doesnt work in a game like this and the reave dash is not worth using. The only saving grace was a medicore damage skill, whats now too costy to use.

6 minutes ago, -Fe-McHamm3rShot said:

This title (w/ spelling corrected) in my opinion is a clear overreaction.  The Thrall increase to 7 is an increase of the number of zone AOE dmg areas you can cast.  That's clearly a buff in terms of on map DPS.

What's the point of having more energy pillars if there IS NOTHING THAT WOULD WALK ON THEM.

In the current rate that the thralls still die accidentally by your fireteam in the entire area THIS IS NOT, VIABLE MAP DPS. 

Try telling us not to cry when this is only a half-assed attempt to give us build variety and make us feel better about our danses energy consumption.

Edited by ConsumerJTC

1 minute ago, VPrime96 said:

I rather take a Saryn Prime or a Maiming Strike Atterax and clear rooms of High level enemies with less Energy used.

While I personally hate the thought process of maiming strike builds, you play your way, I'm not here to argue you have to play with the revanant, just that they aren't as bad as people claim.

21 minutes ago, Madway7 said:

He too busy making sure Garuda doesn't end up in the same place 😭

i really think pablo should be the one to balance this whole game (frame wise). yes sayrn 1 was OP, but that is what feedback was for. tho i still think her 1 is still nerf, but its still powerful if done right. with the rest of her kit now. sayrn is powerful, very powerful if you know how to use her, but not OP to people who don't know how to use her. 

we need frames to be powerful with knowledge of the frame, not just mods. rev was powerful and good support if you knew how to use him, but not now as much. he is just wannabe trinity  

but really all of this "nerfing" is coming from people that should just play solo because they want to get all the kills. they just need to allow us to have 3 specters (of our choice, with aura mods that we have) then they can have support from specters and get all the kills. but they might be asking for nerfs to specters next.    

just look at bungie now. THEY BUFFED everything in the game and now its growing yet again. they learn that theirs the few that will always cry nerf and then even ask for more nerf. theirs is many of those folks in this game. we need the game like how pablo made sayrn, big skill gap and powerful if you have the skill and knowledge to use her. 

Edited by Meicoomon_Prime
added "frame wise" as balance.
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, (PS4)Yuki5e7en said:

I was hoping they rework his 4 to an ability similar to energy spikes in eidolon hunting, but I guess this changes are good.
I dont want revenant to come to ps4 the way he was; I dont want to join into matches then throw my controller cuz I've joined with more than one revenants who use their 4th killing everyone while some of them are AFK.

So you haven’t even played the frame nor with other players and you’re already praising nerfs based off your assumptions? You should test out the changes like the rest of us have and then draw educated conclusions. The nerf was too extreme so I hope your enjoy your new useless frame. 

• Like 1

Il y a 2 heures, [DE]Drew a dit :

Enthrall cap for thralled enemies increased from 4 to 7.

7 ? Perfect.

But please, one last change on this power.
At 7, and if we use it, on a new target, the first of our thralled ennemies is released, so that we can control this new one.
Its very important. Test the situation in game. You know it's a game where we rush the rooms one after the other.
If we control our maximum number of enemies, and let them have fun in the previous room, we must be able to neutralize the enemies in the room in which we arrive.

Reave now looks more like the Vomvalyst charge.

Perfect, I love you *-*.

Added FX and sound when Mesmer ends.

Perfect *-*
No plan of having a visual "quick energy link" in direction of stunned ennemies ?

Fixed Mesmer not reflecting Status effects.

Cool '-'
Little thing to fix:
>> Activate Mesmer skin, go in operator mode, exit operator mode, Mesmer skin is grey, with no charge, until one of the charges is consumed.

This can prevent us from remembering how much charges we had before enter operator mode .. So, that sometimes makes us take big risks without knowing it.

• Like 1