The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PC Update 23.5] Revenant Feedback Megathread

Marcooose

I bought the bundle and after the major nerf, would like a refund on the plat wasted. Its like I buy a car and you took the tires and engine away after I paid. The frame is extremely useless in higher levels and just a hindrance overall. Please fix this trash you created or please refund me for the plat you scammed away. Thanks DE.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, KamikazeJester said:

I bought the bundle and after the major nerf, would like a refund on the plat wasted. Its like I buy a car and you took the tires and engine away after I paid. The frame is extremely useless in higher levels and just a hindrance overall. Please fix this trash you created or please refund me for the plat you scammed away. Thanks DE.

they buffed enthrall and increased the energy drain on DM so people cant stay in it and all of a sudden hes useless? you could have also waited knowing new warframes always get tweaks. khora should have tought you this. DE owes you nothing.

First of all forgive my English, use the google translator.

Regarding the change of the Danse Macabre skill, which has seen an increase in its energy cost per second:

I think it would be a better option to have an alternative change like the one Ember suffered, in which after a few seconds of maintaining the active ability it sees an increase in damage and energy cost per second and a reduction in range.

Or perhaps, if possible, a similar implementation but a little more complex; if Revenant does not move while using Danse Macabre, it will increase by % (which will not return to 0 unless the ability is disabled), if it reaches 100%, the energy cost per second will be considerably increased. This means that if I stay still I can reach 30%, start moving, stay still again and that this 30% reaches 60% and so on until I reach 100% where I will have to consider whether to reactivate the ability or not.

37 minutes ago, Lobozel said:

First of all forgive my English, use the google translator.

Regarding the change of the Danse Macabre skill, which has seen an increase in its energy cost per second:

I think it would be a better option to have an alternative change like the one Ember suffered, in which after a few seconds of maintaining the active ability it sees an increase in damage and energy cost per second and a reduction in range.

Or perhaps, if possible, a similar implementation but a little more complex; if Revenant does not move while using Danse Macabre, it will increase by % (which will not return to 0 unless the ability is disabled), if it reaches 100%, the energy cost per second will be considerably increased. This means that if I stay still I can reach 30%, start moving, stay still again and that this 30% reaches 60% and so on until I reach 100% where I will have to consider whether to reactivate the ability or not.

there is a huge difference between world on fire and danse macabre.

while using WoF you can use other skills and have full mobility.

while using DM mobility is limited to jogging speed (no parkour)  and ability 1 and 2 are disabled.

the increase cost is fine. people want an excuse to turn an ability on and leave it on and DE will have none of that as they shouldnt. it promotes afk gameplay.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

Hey guys,hope you are still reading the feedback.I rushed all his parts and built him quickly;this is what I have to say:

1:the ability seeems so underwhelming because of the AI and the fact that it is useless on low levels enemies(allies can easily kill it)

-make the Ai attack more often and/or give the thralls attack buffs like increased damage/fire rate(scaling with power strength) and/or make them invulnerable to ally fire

2:mesmer skin seems ok,not good,not bad,just ok.my only problem is that the charges go too quickly from high fire rate enemies;

-give more charges 

3:reave was just underwhelming for me,to be specific I thought it would restore more health and shield(the distance is ok imo)

-give more health/shield restore per enemy

4:dance macabre is one of my favourite abilities,it gives me a godlike feeling,but I have some comments to make:the lasers don't hit some enemies which are even half a meter high and the ability loses all of it's uses in high level content

-give the lasers height that scales with power range

-give it more scaling damage to compensate for the energy nerf

Edited by MobX
grammar mistakes

Regarding this topic I was a little bit too lazy to go through all of the 50 pages to see if anyone tried this so bear with me.

I don't know if anyone noticed but it took me a while to notice as well but Revenant's 4th ability the Dance Macabre COULD kill the vomvalysts. Don't know if it was suppose to do that or not but it's only logical that it does cause his ability damage adapts based on enemy defenses and if you have a certain amount of ability strength it should insta kill them cause you can actually one shot the vomvalyst with your AMP sometimes. Altough I haven't researched how the AMP can one shot the vomvalysts but I've seen it for myself in the plains. And now for some reason after the last hotfix it doesn't work anymore. I tried like only 130% strength and max strength builds and it just makes the vomvalysts go into their ghost form so you need to go to your operator form and finish them like that. And nothing was specified in the hotfixes that it was fixed. 

P.S. I'm a newer player so pls don't be harsh on me if I said something wrong.

2 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

they buffed enthrall and increased the energy drain on DM so people cant stay in it and all of a sudden hes useless? you could have also waited knowing new warframes always get tweaks. khora should have tought you this. DE owes you nothing.

Instead of 4 useless guys who die instantly in allied fire i now have 7, great improvement. Also instead of one already costy but acceptable ability, we now have one what simply doesnt justify the energy costs.

Today i was in a team of randoms hunting for prime stuff in a corpus defense. I used a Banshee prime with a balanced sonar centered build what doesnt use the augment for soundquake. In the run i constantly used both sonar and then soundquake to finish off enemies, my soundquake is capatable of dealing 308 damage every sec across 38 meters for 5 energy per sec drain.

In my team we had a revenant constantly doing its spin attack and yet i had more than 100 kills always and atleast 5% more damage than him as a "top player" in the scoreboard.

You know what that means? Somehow 1250 damage/sec across 50 meters is weaker than 308 damage/sec across 38 meters. Im gonna say that revenant is the first mastery fodder frame ever created.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Instead of 4 useless guys who die instantly in allied fire i now have 7, great improvement. Also instead of one already costy but acceptable ability, we now have one what simply doesnt justify the energy costs.

Today i was in a team of randoms hunting for prime stuff in a corpus defense. I used a Banshee prime with a balanced sonar centered build what doesnt use the augment for soundquake. In the run i constantly used both sonar and then soundquake to finish off enemies, my soundquake is capatable of dealing 308 damage every sec across 38 meters for 5 energy per sec drain.

In my team we had a revenant constantly doing its spin attack and yet i had more than 100 kills always and atleast 5% more damage than him as a "top player" in the scoreboard.

You know what that means? Somehow 1250 damage/sec across 50 meters is weaker than 308 damage/sec across 38 meters. Im gonna say that revenant is the first mastery fodder frame ever created.

you dont know what his build is. what i find hilarious about this post is you trying to compete in a team game with someone on your team. not to mention SQ is not limited by LoS where DM is limited by line of sight which you are somehow ignoring.

3 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

People can stay still in it if they build for more duration and efficiency right now.

Not everyone was using it like that and with it's own set of problems it was ok when compared to other dps abilities at best.

Not saying it's unsustainable or horrible now. Just that making an ok ability worse wasn't a good move without addressing all the other issues with his kit first.

As it stands they will have to change the entire ability and not make aoe attacks that require no further input in the future.

I only see this ability getting more nerfs later on with how this first set of changes ended up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Madway7 said:

People can stay still in it if they build for more duration and efficiency right now.

Not everyone was using it like that and with it's own set of problems it was ok when compared to other dps abilities at best.

Not saying it's unsustainable or horrible now. Just that making an ok ability worse wasn't a good move without addressing all the other issues with his kit first.

As it stands they will have to change the entire ability and not make aoe attacks that require no further input in the future.

I only see this ability getting more nerfs later on with how this first set of changes ended up.

an ability that completely ignores defenses is an ok ability? thats like saying bladestorm is an "ok" ability.

4 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

you dont know what his build is. what i find hilarious about this post is you trying to compete in a team game with someone on your team. not to mention SQ is not limited by LoS where DM is limited by line of sight which you are somehow ignoring.

And yet with just 308 damage per sec on a lower range i managed to "overshadow" him. On revenant theres simply no reason to go for negative strenght what means he dealt atleast 1250 damage per sec across 50 meters.

Due to me using sonar that also makes sure that he too got some nice damage bonus from hitting enemies while i only get those if the sonar spots are on the enemies knee.

2 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

And yet with just 308 damage per sec on a lower range i managed to "overshadow" him. On revenant theres simply no reason to go for negative strenght what means he dealt atleast 1250 damage per sec across 50 meters.

Due to me using sonar that also makes sure that he too got some nice damage bonus from hitting enemies while i only get those if the sonar spots are on the enemies knee.

no he didnt do it across 50M again its limited by line of sight. if he did it across 50M there would have to be no obstacles present.

Edited by EinheriarJudith
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

an ability that completely ignores defenses is an ok ability? thats like saying bladestorm is an "ok" ability.

It does not "completely ignore defenses"

Dealing adaptive damage is ok, but it has it's own series of issues.

1. Corrosive procs need to be dealt in large numbers to remove armor. Which is completely different than Bladestorms finisher damage, which does ignore armor.

2. Magnetic procs are only good against shields, so it removes them. Good, but afterwards it deals gas, which is good against non robotic corpus units, but the robotic ones take less damage. (Includes the corrupted ones)

3. Gas is good against infested as it gets a damage multiplier, but toxin does not and instead deals less damage. (No damage if there is a toxin ancient present)

(Corrupted) Ancient healers make the ability a joke since you can't focus it on single targets.

In general there is a delay between it doing damage (the 90 degree arc with no lasers)

It can't target flying units very well.

More status chance is locked behind a higher energy cost. (Which is the only direct input players get from the ability itself)

Even if you still find it a great or possibly an amazing ability, leaving it as is will lead to future nerfs on it.

Edited by Madway7
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, EinheriarJudith said:

no he didnt do it across 50M again its limited by line of sight. if he did it across 50M there would have to be no obstacles present.

Well thanks to the constant movement im pretty sure that unless we talk about the flying enemies or the few corpus what spawns on the stairs he covered the whole map efficiently.

6 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

It is just an okayish skill, the damage might be fine to some degree but i can find frames and even some weapons what are capatble of doing the same for much less effort.

Against corpus its just as unuseable as everything else, against the infested its weaker than many abilities and against the grineer you will die faster than you can strip down their armor so you might aswell shoot them in the head.

• Like 1

About his passive.

His passive is 'Retaliation' and it seems like comes from vombalyst when they gain the body after destroyed once. Personally there's no difference between Nova's passive except trigger mechanism. One will triggered when shield run out, another will triggered when knockdown. 

Below the things just personal idea.

-Returner 

If Revenant down, he will not suffered bleeding phase like other warframes. But he will change his form of ghost which appearing clue of Revenant mission which raise his hand from the ground. He can be freely move, but cannot damage his enemy. If allies touch for revive him it will cost more time to return and if he collect 4 energy orbs during this phase he can be returned by himself.

-Astral body

Revenant has only HP with armor such as Nidus and Inaros, but when HP runs out he will change his form like ghost which appearing the final phase of his own mission. Then all of maximum hit points will be  transfer to shield points(Only shield has). This phase he can be attack normally, but if he losing all of his shield then he died immediately. If allied touch him to revive, it will take more time to revive. If he endure his bleeding timer(In this case, can be called self-revive timer) reached 0 sec with shield points. Then he will revive immediately.

HP mods will increase his first phase not bleeding phase. Also shield mod only increase his shield amount during the bleeding phase.

Just typing when the idea pop in my head. But feels like there are lots of problem contain with my english skill and no arrangement. 

28 minutes ago, Hidronic said:

About his passive.

His passive is 'Retaliation' and it seems like comes from vombalyst when they gain the body after destroyed once. Personally there's no difference between Nova's passive except trigger mechanism. One will triggered when shield run out, another will triggered when knockdown. 

Below the things just personal idea.

-Returner 

If Revenant down, he will not suffered bleeding phase like other warframes. But he will change his form of ghost which appearing clue of Revenant mission which raise his hand from the ground. He can be freely move, but cannot damage his enemy. If allies touch for revive him it will cost more time to return and if he collect 4 energy orbs during this phase he can be returned by himself.

-Astral body

Revenant has only HP with armor such as Nidus and Inaros, but when HP runs out he will change his form like ghost which appearing the final phase of his own mission. Then all of maximum hit points will be  transfer to shield points(Only shield has). This phase he can be attack normally, but if he losing all of his shield then he died immediately. If allied touch him to revive, it will take more time to revive. If he endure his bleeding timer(In this case, can be called self-revive timer) reached 0 sec with shield points. Then he will revive immediately.

HP mods will increase his first phase not bleeding phase. Also shield mod only increase his shield amount during the bleeding phase.

Just typing when the idea pop in my head. But feels like there are lots of problem contain with my english skill and no arrangement. 

What if instead, his passive was kept as a when shields are down, do this, but have it be the Eidolon's energy spike wave of magnetic damage in a large area; smashing enemies for the amount of maxed shields converted into Magnetic damage waves? I really like the idea of giving Revenant the phase body idea like the Vomvalyst or making his shield be silly to take down, like the Eidolons he is based on.

• Like 1

So about Reave. I've been think about it a lot more and as much as I like the way it looks and as fun as it is to use. I don't think it's as strong of a ability as i'd like it to be. Currently I think it's way to underwhelming on non-enthralled targets.

The fact that you have to first enthrall a target to get even a decent amount of health steal. hobbles this ability too much and makes it unreliable for healing. It's easier to use Life strike at that point. I would like more effective healing on non-enthralled enemies.

As a perk for using Reave on thralled enemies. I would appreciate Reave granting overshields and/or armor stripping to help soften hard targets. Which would strengthen the benefit of using Enthrall/Reave and improve the effectiveness of Revenant's anti-scaling capabilities. Plus everybody loves armor stripping and this would immediately increase his value to the team.

Additionally perhaps it should be taken into consideration that Enthrall/Danse should instead drop some type of temporary buff for himself and his allies. Or Perhaps thralls killed turn into super charged pillars. or, or, or, the thralls themselves become super charged gaining damage reduction increased fire rate and damage stats comparable too your own weapons. But they die as soon as the duration of enthrall runs out and they lose the ability to enthrall. idk at this point i'm just throwing out ideas.

Edited by NEUDRIVER101

Revenant is in my opinion a very interesting frame that just need that little 'extra' to hit home. 

Lets start with Enthrall.
In my opinion it's amazing right up till the point where the duration ends and all enemies just turns back to normal.
To fix that I suggest the ability makes use of the Devour mechanic of Inaros, but instead of dragging and draining the target, you instead drag it towards you and then pour sentient energy into the Enthralled enemy, reinforcing the link and extending the timer in exchange for an energy loss per added second (so it's less efficient than waiting and casting Enthrall again) Edit: You stand still during the process.

Next is the Mesmer Skin.
It's a great defensive ability that can give you breathing room when you're overrun by enemies or you're about to be oneshotted by a strong enemy.
Sadly it can't be recast before you're out of charges, which can leave you vulnerable after a fight that didn't use up all the charges.
To fix that I suggest we be allowed to again channel energy into our Mesmer Skin, using the Scarab Swarm charge mechanic for a substantial energy loss per charge (so it's less efficient than waiting and recasting) Edit: You stand still during the process.

Lastly is Danse Macabre.
This one is more simple, just allow the player to tilt the laser arm using the mouse, so we don't waste 70% of the damage by firing it into the ground.

Those were my 2 cents.

I just don't see the point of enthrall myself. Enemies either die to fast or if you're fighting corpus they just nullify everything. Also i don't see anywhere in the current lore about eidolon's or sentient's having any form of mind control.

Mesmer skin should be changed to something better honestly.

Also i feel like i Have to have Natural talent like its required. I never felt like that with any of the other frames.

Edited by Lancars