Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PC Update 23.5] Revenant Feedback Megathread

Marcooose

now as ive been playing him on PC as of late id like to point out some constructive criticism to the current build

1- the increase to 7 is nice but allies kill enemies so fast it sometimes is pointless, maybe make the markers more visible or give them a glow effect

2- slow cast animation , not effective enough given its low counter to given enemies who shot multiple projectiles and swarm in 10+ groups

3 -slow cast animation - should give energy back or something as allies without shields just give hp and make it relatively pointless one could life strike for less energy cost to regain hp 

4- the energy cost is very noticeable, works better with a 1 enemy group now to make more residual pillars, still feels lacking in control with 3 use , maybe make 3 cast on 4 active less energy  

54 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

i am also one of those who say he could use tweaks. problem is when people get their own expectations in their head, everything be damned because it isnt what they imagined it to be. people wanted khora to have exalted weapon despite DE never saying she would. all his skills work the way they say and can be used in whatever you need them to do. how everyone feels about his gameplay mechanics will differ. not everyone is going to like whatever frame DE pushes out which is fine. they have plenty of options.

Devstream 100 (12:00)

Also Devstream 103 (48:20)

Just 2 instances I quickly found.

After the Damage 2.5 debacle they scrapped her exalted weapon as it was tied to the changes they wanted to make with Damage 2.5, but since it was almost universally disliked they made strangledome instead.

Back on Revenant, yeah I agree, having expectations is probably a really bad thing when things can be changed at any time in this game.

Heck, let's say DE decides to scrap thralls for something else since they saw it was problematic. I'm not sure how it would actually make you feel, but looking at this thread it would tick the people who liked him for that, same for the people who thought we would get an eidolon themed warframe. (Like me)

It's something we can't help and the only way I see to not have expectations is to not have interest. Which can be easy or hard depending on the person.

Also on the last thing you said. Reave also shares "synergy" (since it seems very forced) with thralls and it enables to damage/kill them in order to get the actual listed lifesteal in the UI.

Edited by Madway7
Fixed a small mistake caused by editing

7 minutes ago, Madway7 said:

Heck, let's say DE decides to scrap it for something else since they saw it was problematic. I'm not sure how it would actually make you feel, but looking at this thread it would tick the people who liked him for that, same for the people who thought we would get an eidolon themed warframe. (Like me)

It's something we can't help and the only way I see to not have expectations is to not have interest. Which can be easy or hard depending on the person.

Also on the last thing you said. Reave also shares "synergy" (since it seems very forced) with thralls and it enables to damage/kill them in order to get the actual listed lifesteal in the UI.

i would be happy if they scraped him, cause that would mean they would...try to make him again? or at least note how to improve future frame ideas.

And i agree with the forced synergy, even when you do all the things you are suppose to do, you still gain like average benefit. You are better of just setting max duration and efficiency with a few sprint mods and just run non stop your 4th xD 

• Like 1

Just now, AoBaka said:

i would be happy if they scraped him, cause that would mean they would...try to make him again? or at least note how to improve future frame ideas.

And i agree with the forced synergy, even when you do all the things you are suppose to do, you still gain like average benefit. You are better of just setting max duration and efficiency with a few sprint mods and just run non stop your 4th xD 

I made a mistake. My example was supposed to only be for the thrall mechanic, not the entire frame. (Post edited)

It was because I removed a sentence while revising my post before posting it.

I highly doubt they will drastically change him. 

22 minutes ago, Madway7 said:

Devstream 100 (12:00)

Also Devstream 103 (48:20)

Just 2 instances I quickly found.

After the Damage 2.5 debacle they scrapped her exalted weapon as it was tied to the changes they wanted to make with Damage 2.5, but since it was almost universally disliked they made strangledome instead.

Back on Revenant, yeah I agree, having expectations is probably a really bad thing when things can be changed at any time in this game.

Heck, let's say DE decides to scrap thralls for something else since they saw it was problematic. I'm not sure how it would actually make you feel, but looking at this thread it would tick the people who liked him for that, same for the people who thought we would get an eidolon themed warframe. (Like me)

whipclaw is still the same from dev stream 103 but without the damage change since 2.5 was scrapped. so by that standard landsilde is an exalted weapon and shattered lash is an exalted weapon. either way i apologize for my error.

if DE decided to scrap him i wouldnt be mad id be disappointed that they didnt stick with what they wanted and just improved on him (even though this is what they are going to do). i know ill get a free frame and new skill set. and even then some people will complain. as i said, his skills work for what they are intended to do. not everyone will like frames they release. some people still dont even like zephyr after they buffed her some dont like mag, some dont like ember, but what is clear about warframe is if you dont like them you have other options.

On 2018-09-01 at 3:48 AM, SenorClipClop said:

I'm a little confused with the Abilities tab at the moment. The cost of Danse Macabre is 20 Energy per second, but putting on just Streamline drops that cost to 10/sec. Last time I checked, 70% of 20 isn't 10. I'm not sure if the value hasn't been changed against modded values with the latest update, or what. 

if hasn't been answered elsewhere... have you got any duration mods on, if you have they will also reduce the cost to run the ability. 

IMHO, at the end of the day, you need to have a frame that the majority of the community is "sold" on to drive interest in farming AND in-game purchase of the frame because it has a clear-cut use/role.

Thinking ahead of Garuda, it's really important to me as a consumer (both in $$$ and time) that something I "invest" in—even for enjoyment—offers a viable return.  It would really suck, if Garuda surpassed Revenant by some considerable standard or metric despite alleged co-development—they should both be "good".

With all the great media attention this game has gotten in the past year (really starting with PoE), I feel it's in DE's best interest to ensure Revenant and every subsequent frame (including Primes) has *true worth.

*Viability across all content and the meta-endgame-that-really-isn't-true-endgame content.

Edited by (PS4)TheRallykiller
  • Like 1

I'm writing this after the update that allowed seven thralls, up from four, on the 1; and increased the energy cost for the danse macabre 4 to 20 per second from 12.

• I'm enjoying Revenant and appreciate:
    • being able to use the 2 to stun and then also get to cast the 1 at zero energy cost on the stunned enemies
    • being able to use the 4 as a 'get out of jail' card
    • having the Phantasma as a primary option (I favour energy weapons like the Arca Plasmor)
    • that the 'frame can be played solo successfully in situations with level 50 enemies
  • Areas I'd prefer to see looked at, please, are:
    • replace the current 3 - it just doesn't feel 'right' and it's not getting used
      • personally, I'd enjoy Revenant having an always-on pet Sentient, similar to how Khora has her pet kavat...
    • reduce the energy cost for the 4 back down a wee bit
      • split the difference between 12 and 20 and go for 16 energy cost per second and assess reactions, perhaps
    • have thralls die automatically, generating a light pillar, when the 1 on them ends
      • if not 100% of the time, then 50% of the time or so

If you do read this, DE, thanks for releasing the new 'frame and primary weapon. I find them enjoyable and that, ultimately, is what I look for over 'meta'.

On 2018-08-26 at 11:42 AM, ShinTechG said:

XPEZByk.jpg

Chroma that have elemental damage type based on their energy color was a much better implementation in my opinion.  👍

well no his was terrible and it used a passive that didn't need to be a passive (look at equinox for example whos color is also based on abbility.) aslo energy color based damage type has allways been a terrible idea. fashion frames a thing and a very big thing i might add. and its unfair to the player if they can't use the colors they spent hours working to prefect on there warframe because lol fire chroma in  grineer level.

also chroma is a very lack luster frame. he lacks flair. he is undermined once again by having a passive that has no place in beening a passive. the Revenent skill is honestly how chroma should work

now that i as a formor chroma main. (before he was made redundent, by all the new frames that does what he does but better. then was hit upside the head by a unjust nerf bat to his armor scaling) have that off my chest.

back to the Revenent.

thrials are basicly dead weight. the reason nekros, nyx work are because

nyx's mind controled minion can't be killed by players and is not a wast of energy and her chaos is an aoe and not single target skill.

nekros minion also can't be killed by players which again deosn't make it a dead weight skill.

the thrials die so fast in pubs you might as well  spend all game just using 4 since thats the only abbility your going to get anything out in pubs.

sure you can argue thrails are supose to die, but not before they atlest build up to max thrails.

mesmer skin is also very badly implmented. i wouldn't hate it if it wasn't costly for being a long casting time and only for a limited shots that any small group of grineer can destory faster then you say "But i just turned it on." and honestly if i were to be so bold.

the best way to change this skill and make it feel like it still fits. is if after you used up all th stun charges you gain bonus defense to the damage type you were hit by. for a limited time you know like every other seintent in the game.

Reave has the potential to be good, but again since it mainly hinges on thrails your not going to get much use out of it.

danse macbre. leave this one alone its fine where it is. honestly the only problem i see is that i am not overly fond of the ballet dance animaction 

Edited by hazerddex

14 minutes ago, PraetorGix said:

Yeah, uhm... The long weekend of "analyzing player feedback" is over, where's the hotfix to return Revenant's 4 to a decent state?

The time of analyzing is over (maybe?), the time of testing and deliberating changes is now.

Wensday is usually hotfix day, tho they can delay it till thursday like last time.

7 minutes ago, Madway7 said:

The time of analyzing is over (maybe?), the time of testing and deliberating changes is now.

Wensday is usually hotfix day, tho they can delay it till thursday like last time.

I’m not sure if they would bring the new Login Reward System or Elite Alerts with his Hotfix because they already showed the Elite Alerts in A DevStream and login Reward changes in the Dev Workshop.

On 2018-09-02 at 10:40 PM, VieuxPappy said:

You're either a bad harrow or play against enemies with lvls so low that you never actually need to use any abilities to survive as harrow. Chaining a whole corridor of enemies is near instant and, even if the enemies are killed right after, you already got the benefits of your 1, where as with Rev's 1 works only on one enemy at a time and takes longer to cast. What is the point of having "minions" if they do no damage and get instantly blown by teamates before they can spread the enthralling? 

About your "oh but I get shinny useless pillars and I'm cool with it", well we're happy for you if you're so simple. For the rest of us, we know the pillars do pitiful damage (even at 200%+ str) and are only useful if you micro manage and kill your thralls in tight corridors or doorways which is too much work for it's worth. Spending 25 energy for a decently nice looking (but useless) pillar is stupid and any player looking to maximize Rev's energy effectiveness will simply not bother with it. I hope you get that, as you said. 

Right now you sound like a jealous kid that is afraid Rev gets some (needed) love because his shiny Harrow didn't get what he personally wanted.  Finally, you're not DE so stop assuming. There's almost 50 pages of players,like me, that see the multiple issues (such as thralls being vaporized way too quickly in non-solo games) that Rev has... if DE are competent and care they will listen to the majority. 

I'm not Digital Extremes nor have I suggested I was. There are many frames in this game that need attention and yes, Revenant is one of them.

EDIT: I removed most of my comments from this thread as my own feedback wasn't altogether useful - That said unless I have useful feedback for Digital Extremes/ The Warframes Devs I won't contribute to back and forth between users. It's not only useless, but unproductive - insult me as much as you desire but all you're doing is wasting time and steering away from the purpose of this thread and diminishing any resulting changes it may lead to. As I was emotionally investing my own frustrations here inappropriately I've been going through my posts and removing them as needed.

Edited by nokturnihs
Off Topic, Counterproductive
  • Like 1

I still like Revenant after the tweak.  I appreciate upping the Thrall max cap, and I feel like they work just fine as is.  

I wouldn’t want Rev to be just like Nyx or Nekros in that regard, otherwise I’d would just play those frames.  

I appreciate that Rev feels different.

Just spin it to win it. 

The more I play him the more I am interested in the thralls instead of spin to win.

Only thing is the pillar of fire just doesn't really help much. Much like Oberon and his damage fields that enemies walk through in 0.1s. The damage on these abilities just sucks.

Fire pillar being swapped out for an energy explosion would be much more useful. Or if we have the fire pillars they should cover a much larger area, say 3m instead of 2m. Would mean nearly 10m if built for range, which would be very useful. 

9 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

The more I play him the more I am interested in the thralls instead of spin to win.

Only thing is the pillar of fire just doesn't really help much. Much like Oberon and his damage fields that enemies walk through in 0.1s. The damage on these abilities just sucks.

Fire pillar being swapped out for an energy explosion would be much more useful. Or if we have the fire pillars they should cover a much larger area, say 3m instead of 2m. Would mean nearly 10m if built for range, which would be very useful. 

Off-topic side-note: Once I started using Oberon's Augment for his "pasture" (hallowed ground) - his 2 became a very powerful AOE DPS - I rebuilt him completely and now he's a high DPS tanky DPS frame that -can- offer support/healer roles. Check it out if you want - it's pretty cool and makes him a lot more fun to play. I could see some kind of change or augment for Revenant's "enthrall" (regardless of form) that would allow you to detonate all your minions for a similar result.

I enjoy the death pillars aspect of enthrall, but would rather see thrall replaced completely with the eidolon pets suggestion mentioned above. It negates all the complaints about friendly-fire immunity and could properly synergize as thralls do now (Reave through them to heal, kill them w/ your 4 for overshields, etc) - they could still explode as you suggest or drop pillars but also adds more meat and works better with a duration based ability with a "minion cap". The more I read that concept in this thread the more I feel like this would be a great change for him that could also make the community happy. Aside from that, seeing how those little floating heads mess up grineer on the plains at night, I think it would be a much better choice.

• Like 2

il y a une heure, nokturnihs a dit :

I'm not Digital Extremes nor have I suggested I was. There are many frames in this game that need attention and yes, Revenant is one of them.

Making comparisons to Harrow and Revenant and how both possess team-related issues is on-topic as a relevant comparison. It's not being "a jealous kid" - it was just a comparison and a statement of my low expectations of what will happen based on history. 

Complaining about micromanagement or underfunctioning death pillars is irrelevant as you have a choice in the matter. Don't build for enthrall if you don't want to micromanage or make use of the pillars.

I am not the only one setting my expectations low about DE making changes without exchanging your desired changes for something else in his kit isn't exactly a new opinion. 

Throwing personal insults my way because I dare criticize "the majority" desires? That's just useless and makes future feedback more problematic and less effective for everyone. 

If you can't present a counterpoint without "throwing stones" then one could interpret the foundation of your argument isn't capable of standing on it's own merits. That, and these kinds of responses to general feedback are what perfectly frame the worst kinds of online communities - unwelcoming and closed to suggestions,  questions and opinions from outsiders.

Thing is I also explained why pillars are useless. It's not an opinion but a fact. 

"Complaining about micromanagement or underfunctioning death pillars is irrelevant as you have a choice in the matter. Don't build for enthrall if you don't want to micromanage or make use of the pillars."
This is not even a counter argument, you are saying yourself that they require micromanagement yet this is a horde shooter game where the majority of the damage is caused by weaponry, AoEs and a bit by your frame abilities (excluding some abilities that can simply nuke whole lvls). Any ability that requires micromanagement/big setup with no significant gain is simply not worth using and needs to be fixed/buffed. That's like there's a bad hero/character in a MOBA and you tell the community asking for him/her to be buffed that they could instead simply not play said hero/character, it's their "choice". Ridiculous "counter argument" that brings nothing to the discussion. What's the point in having a certain ability/character available if barely anybody uses it as there are obvious greater/better (objectively speaking) options. You can't "build for enthrall" lol. You build so all his abilities are better. 

"Throwing personal insults my way because I dare criticize "the majority" desires? That's just useless and makes future feedback more problematic and less effective for everyone."
Playing the victim card cuz i said "simple" yeh? Overeacting much. 

"If you can't present a counterpoint without "throwing stones" then one could interpret the foundation of your argument isn't capable of standing on it's own merits."
Are you blind? Because I indeed gave you a counter argument, you just decided to ignore it and became self righteous. Go read the rest of my second paragraph you quoted. And now, if you tell me "hurr durr micromanagement is fine even if you get puny damage out (I tested with over 200% str, still garbage damage) of it and only land it on a handful of enemies in the best scenarios of a HORDE SHOOTER game" then sadly there's not much anybody could discuss with you. Micromanagement = slowing the game's pace down which goes AGAINST what the devs stated multiple times that they want which is fast pace and fluid gameplay. 

"That, and these kinds of responses to general feedback are what perfectly frame the worst kinds of online communities - unwelcoming and closed to suggestions,  questions and opinions from outsiders."
Your post wasn't constructive at all and basically said "DE is never going to do that, just suck it up boiis, Harrow never got the love he needed so you/Rev will not get much either". If, on the other hand, you would have said "I highly believe that DE will not do that because XYZ", it would have been a different discussion we would be having. I believe you take things way too personnal and are being melodramatic just because I said you are "simple" for being happy with a crap ability.

Edited by VieuxPappy

So random buff suggestion. So I'm pretty sure it's too late to add ideas for the next patch, kinda wanted to wait for that rather than make suggestions now since idk if they'll make a lot of changes to his 1 or not.

But how about the pillars spawn on cast of his 1 rather than on enemy death and give pillars the same adaptive damage.

I had other ideas such as pillars pull enemies into them or on death of a thrall it spawns pillars on the location of all enemies within x meters. But I'm not sure if those would work well.

As it stands most of the time enemies don't get hit by them much in open areas and even if you use them at chokepoints they are very eh, good at lower levels but you can just blast your 4 there and get way more done out of it.

Mainly give the pillars the adaptive damage. 

Also consider changing it to heat for flesh instead of gas. I'm guessing this is the case atm because heat might stunlock groups of enemies? But with the increased energy cost and given how infested have ways of negating toxin damage I feel like this would just work much better. 

38 minutes ago, VieuxPappy said:

Thing is I also explained why pillars are useless. It's not an opinion but a fact. 

"Complaining about micromanagement or underfunctioning death pillars is irrelevant as you have a choice in the matter. Don't build for enthrall if you don't want to micromanage or make use of the pillars."
This is not even a counter argument, you are saying yourself that they require micromanagement yet this is a horde shooter game where the majority of the damage is caused by weaponry, AoEs and a bit by your frame abilities (excluding some abilities that can simply nuke whole lvls). Any ability that requires micromanagement/big setup with no significant gain is simply not worth using and needs to be fixed/buffed. That's like there's a bad hero/character in a MOBA and you tell the community asking for him/her to be buffed that they could instead simply not play said hero/character, it's their "choice". Ridiculous "counter argument" that brings nothing to the discussion. What's the point in having a certain ability/character available if barely anybody uses it as there are obvious greater/better (objectively speaking) options. You can't "build for enthrall" lol. You build so all his abilities are better. 

"Throwing personal insults my way because I dare criticize "the majority" desires? That's just useless and makes future feedback more problematic and less effective for everyone."
Playing the victim card cuz i said "simple" yeh? Overeacting much. 

"If you can't present a counterpoint without "throwing stones" then one could interpret the foundation of your argument isn't capable of standing on it's own merits."
Are you blind? Because I indeed gave you a counter argument, you just decided to ignore it and became self righteous. Go read the rest of my second paragraph you quoted. And now, if you tell me "hurr durr micromanagement is fine even if you get puny damage out (I tested with over 200% str, still garbage damage) of it and only land it on a handful of enemies in the best scenarios of a HORSE SHOOTER game" then sadly there's not much anybody could discuss with you. Micromanagement = slowing the game's pace down which goes AGAINST what the devs stated multiple times that they want which is fast pace and fluid gameplay. 

"That, and these kinds of responses to general feedback are what perfectly frame the worst kinds of online communities - unwelcoming and closed to suggestions,  questions and opinions from outsiders."
Your post wasn't constructive at all and basically said "DE is never going to do that, just suck it up boiis, Harrow never got the love he needed so you/Rev will not get much either". If, on the other hand, you would have said "I highly believe that DE will not do that because XYZ", it would have been a different discussion we would be having. If I can give you a tip, you take things way too personnal and are being melodramatic just because I said you are "simple" for being happy with a crap ability.

I already edited my feedback throughout the entire thread. You are right I'm incredibly sensitive about being questioned for my intelligence because of my past, the disabilities I've overcome and the fact that my livelihood is made because of my intelligence and capabilities as an IT professional and Developer. I was being melodramatic and off topic. 

I have done my own testing and had differing results but we were obviously playing with different builds, play styles and things like Arcanes that obviously changed those outcomes. I built him more around his 2 with guardian derision and arcane guardian and grace and it quite effectively for CC. 

I  have edited the reply you quoted to try and worked to resolve my failings in the topic thread. I do admit that I was insulted by your tone because it frankly wasn't helpful and was rude. I don't understand why it was necessary or what prompted you to believe it would produce any kind of merit to the feedback thread or my response. I had edited my feedback BEFORE your reply so please don't assume your latest response had anything to do with that.

I'm going to work to be more effective at providing on-topic useful feedback to the developers and stop inappropriately directing my commentary to the community.

I will also append that the initial thread you replied to, where your tone upset me was due to similar insults from a previous user and my feedback was colored badly and soured by my outrage, thus I removed it. 

Edited by nokturnihs
Added context

Been playing Revenant ever since the nerf, and even after the Thrall increase and Danse nerf, I'm still just using my 2 and 4. Thralls just don't do anything because of all the other things I've mentioned before (Teammates killing them, the damage being garbage, the AI sucking). Tidal Surg~ I mean "Reave" also does nothing. Not as an escape tool, a movement tool, or even as a way to self-heal (Because again, Thralls are garbage).

And as for Danse Macabre itself, I'm no longer boosting the ability because of the drain. And since I'm not using Thralls, I'm not dropping any Overshield orbs, but even if I was, 50 Overshield is pathetic when compared to the cost/return of this ability. I've said my peace about shields in general being garbage, so I won't repeat my grievances here, but 50 Overshield isn't worth me spending 25 for Enthrall, 25 for the cast of Danse, then 20 a second to pick up such little value. Even if I I got 7 Thralls from Mesmer Skin, that's still 50 for it, 25 for Danse, 20 a second, for a total of 350 Overshields if I'm being greedy, or 100 Overshields if I'm being nice and splitting the drops with the team.

• Like 1

I've played around with Rev a bit and I've come got some ideas. Lore-wise he looks like a warframe designed to be a sentient, not "ravaged by sentient energy". I get vibes that originally Rev was something like a 'spirit shaman' with his abilities inverted by sentient energy. I want to like this frame but his purpose is torn between dps, tank, and cc. Going through his abilities one-by-one:

Retaliation

Complete rip off from Nova's passive. I'm thinking of something that occurs when at full energy, such as percentage damage resist. (Open to ideas, mine seems a bit powerful for a passive.)

Enthrall

Should be his bread and butter. Biggest issue I feel is that Thralls are killable by players and that there's a bit much packed into the first ability. If you do manage to enthrall, AI kicks in and has trouble converting others (in my experience at least). An idea that I had for an adjustment is to replace the pillar with a ghost that can be killed by enemies. (Said ghost would be able to convert but has some resistance to enemy attacks. Haven't decided if ghost would count toward thrall counter or a separate counter with lower max. Ghost would be based on duration.)

Mesmer Skin

Mesmer is fairly okay as is. This is the point where Rev can't decide if he's a tank or not. Charges and a slow cast animation is annoying, especially when grouped up on. Free enthrall is completely useless considering the ability itself. My recommended change would be to change charges into a duration that reduces damage taken by a percentage. As for stunning enemies for a free enthrall, make it occur on a health gate or even lethal damage. Appearance wise, less fog: it's annoying and doesn't match the quality of it's surroundings.

Reave

Lemme go pull it out of the trash so I can have a better look at it. The duration doesn't get you anywhere near enemies, considering the enemy is still there after the cast animation. Shield and health restoring part of the ability is non-existent if you manage to actually hit someone. My recommended change: Make it like Limbo's original Rift Walk ability. I envision it as Rev puts his weapons away and enters a energy state, he can still be harmed but absorbs the life-force of his enemies to restore shields (or health if shields are full). Or make it a once per enemy restore. Anything would be better than it is now. (Don't make me regret saying that)

Danse Macabre

It's a powerful and fun ability. No major changes needed, would very much like some form of aim for those pesky enemies that find a 'blind spot' in the lasers.

Those are my thoughts for the time being.

General info:

• Reduce shields to 450 (fully leveled Revenant)
  • Increase armor to 350

Makes his passive a tad bit more frequent and the armor buff is so that Revenant doesn't instantly die when he loses his shields.

First ability: 

• Imbues an enemy target with sentient energy forcing them to attack allies, when killed the target releases half of it's health as damage to surrounding allies as radiation damage.
  • Damage can not be amped up at all
  • Range of radiation damage when killed affected by power range
  • Target is affected for a duration of five seconds that can be increased by duration.
  • Multiple targets can be affected at once. Caps at 7.

Pillars suck.

Second ability:

• Envelops Revenant in sentient coating that has a set health, the coat adapts to the damage it's revived the most.
  • Coat health scales with armor and power strength

I saw a dude who suggested the idea of adaptive Mesmer skin and I thought it was pretty cool. Forgot who he was though which sucks.

Third ability: 

• Summons 4/4/8/8 vomvalyst clones that bolster ally armor and shield while boosting Revenant's health and armor. Vomvalyst seek out enemies to attack.
  • Cannot summon extra vomvalysts with the help of mods or buffs
  • Duration of 12 seconds that can be increased with mods
  • Two vomvalyst always surround allies

Reave. More like no

Forth ability:

• Cool but reduce the energy cost back to 12 or let it scale of mods from primaries, secondaries, make it an exalted gun arm like mimics and battlysts, whatever.

So yeah there's my Revenant rework no one cares about.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Madway7 said:

Also consider changing it to heat for flesh instead of gas. I'm guessing this is the case atm because heat might stunlock groups of enemies? But with the increased energy cost and given how infested have ways of negating toxin damage I feel like this would just work much better. 

I would actually consider having them change it to viral rather than heat. Enemies won't be stun-locked and the ability should scale better into the late-game. It would also kind of follow suit of what the ability does to the other factions with corrosive damage for the Grineer and magnetic damage for the Corpus.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, CharcoalNuggets said:

I would actually consider having them change it to viral rather than heat. Enemies won't be stun-locked and the ability should scale better into the late-game. It would also kind of follow suit of what the ability does to the other factions with corrosive damage for the Grineer and magnetic damage for the Corpus.

That would work much better actually.

Atm it's not really faction based, it's health type based. Armor = corrosive, shield = magnetic, flesh/robotic health = gas

It's a big distinction because some corpus units have armor and infested can also sometimes (albeit rarely) get armor too. Though outside of the Rathuum enemies grineer don't have shields (also grineer capture targets, but they ignore the ability so it doesnt matter).

Also the Corrupted is a mixed bag of all the factions (minus sentient) and has all 3 health types among its units.

But anyways, yeah, viral would be great.

Edited by Madway7