Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe on Nintendo Switch: Date Announcement!

[DE]Rebecca

On 2018-09-13 at 6:24 PM, JesterTheNight said:

No sorry, you're just wrong. Even Fortnite, the game that began all this mess IS ACTUALLY CROSS-PLAY on PS4 (with PC and Mobile), Sony has been doing cross-play since PS2 (with FF XI, funny enough this was even cross-play with XBOX 360 and PC of course). Vita being dead means nothing, that's what started the cross-play movement.

Microsoft on 360 tried cross-play with PC and then stopped cause it was a failure (Shadowrun). About them willing to pay Sony for cross-play is something you have to give proof of since there's no article talking about that. It's also nice that you have a crystal ball and can see in the future, how are PS5 games? 😜

You have to understand that PS4 being the market leader is what spung Sony's refusal of cross-play with rival consoles, it's natural for it to be this way, it makes perfect business sense, people might not like it but that's how it is, maybe it'll change in the future, who knows.

Exclusives exist to incentivize people to buy a specific platform, they'll never will (and shouldn't) go away. Imagine buying McDonald's food at a Burger King, that's not how brands work, everyone want to cut themselves a piece of the pie and they don't wanna share it with anyone else (AND EVERYONE WANTS THE BIGGEST SLICE), capitalism my man/woman.

Edit: Also this it totally off topic and I won't post about this matter anymore in this thread.

SOny will crossplay but they make it so hard that only desperate and stupid developers do everything they require to do it anymore

On 2018-09-13 at 6:59 PM, oldversions said:

Is it going to require the Switch online subscription to play?

On 2018-09-13 at 7:27 PM, Kyoresh said:

nope. Free2play games wont need it 

Correct - you won't need it!

As for other questions about Crossplay... no comments at this time :nerd:

Crossplay is a tricky one(not just because of Sony not wanting to play along, they are just throwing it back at MS due last gen when the roles were reverse afterall).

Problem here would be due differences in subscription. On PS4 it is totally free to play online, however on XB1 and subscription is required to play online with others. As such its weird spot for both companies.

3 hours ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

Crossplay is a tricky one(not just because of Sony not wanting to play along, they are just throwing it back at MS due last gen when the roles were reverse afterall).

Problem here would be due differences in subscription. On PS4 it is totally free to play online, however on XB1 and subscription is required to play online with others. As such its weird spot for both companies.

hmmm to be fair, if the switch allow cross play with same save file as pc i won't mind paying for nintendo online. It just 20US$ a year and get a lot other thing to do with that

1 hour ago, CandyManCriminal said:

i choose to take this as "we're looking into it"

I don't even honestly need crossplay. The ability to use the same account with the same gear on both platforms would allow me to play on the switch on the train with other switch players, and then when i get home, log in on my PC and play with my PC friends. Even if I cant play with my PC friends while im on the switch, the ability to use both on the same account would be amazing.

That's not to say crossplay wouldn't also be cool. 

21 minutes ago, xmode76 said:

I don't even honestly need crossplay. The ability to use the same account with the same gear on both platforms would allow me to play on the switch on the train with other switch players, and then when i get home, log in on my PC and play with my PC friends. Even if I cant play with my PC friends while im on the switch, the ability to use both on the same account would be amazing.

i'd be down for that, too

3 hours ago, xmode76 said:

I think that means syncing progress between both accounts? 

10 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Fine on waiting for nearly everything else, but if all Prime access isn't going to be available,  and it's expected to wait on unvaultings, I'd like to know before Limbo is vaulted,  while I am Xbox,  I have a old PC account I'd gladly buy it on to transfer. As well as current Rhino & Nyx. 

I want a fresh start at MR 0, think it will be fun.  I'll be buying a Switch either way,  but the date & time is currently entirely on Warframe at the moment. Smash bros isn't out until February I believe. 

Depending on my friends current situation,  I might end up buying several Switch consoles for early Christmas presents. Ironically I was trying to get one into Warframe, to which no avail. But somehow Tennyson talked him into it,  was funny listen to him talking about it like I had no clue....  However if he buys a Xbox before then...  Idk. 

11 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

How will this affect people who might transfer their game over? Will they have to start again on their previous platform, or will it be like copying the game and having two separate versions without losing any of your existing progress?

Crossplay refers to playing in game and in the same session with say PC and Switch players.  Basically, you could have a squad with PC players and Switch players both.  Account sync would mean that PC players and Switch players are playing in worlds only with people from their platform (aka squads of only PC players or only Switch players). However, with account sync, you could complete an alert on Switch with a blueprint reward and when you later played Warframe on PC, that blueprint and anything else you earned would be there on PC even though earned while playing on Switch.   I hope that helps.  

Meaning that crossplay does not necessarily mean account syncing across platforms. PC and Switch accounts could be separate but still play together.  Personally, account sync is the most important to me so that I can progress one account regardless of platform. 

23 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

I appreciate the update. Crossplay is going to be a make-or-break feature for people preordering. I understand that it takes a while to figure that stuff out but I suggest announcing something sooner rather than later if you want some of that sweet preorder money.

I found out today that Fortnite on the switch has working in game chat. While my mind is now blown that nintendo couldn't even do this on their own console yet somehow epic managed it, can I ask that we get in game voice chat on the switch? Can I even ask that it be even better than that and we get in game discord voice chat on the switch? Having the in game chat sync with discord would be utterly amazing and blow everything else (voice chat related anyway) out of the water. 

On 2018-09-21 at 2:25 AM, (PS4)SonicXPika said:

I still can't believe Warframe is coming to a nintendo console. I have 0 hope in Sony allowing us to transfer our progress over so I'm ready to start playing with all of the Nintenno as some of us start anew.

Maybe theres hope afterall?https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/09/26/extended-fortnite-cross-play-beta-launches-on-ps4-starting-today/

Sony is allowing Fortnite crossplay with other consoles IOS/Android now.
Now i really do hope Warframe at the very least has a future pathway towards crossplay.

• 3 weeks later...

Cross-play.. for consoles maybe since they are always behind compared to PC. However, the certs may not always go through at the same time, thus causing a possible issues. They would have to make sure all 3 platforms are running the same patch before resuming the cross-play. That can get messy if servers / net-coding isn't great. As for cross-saves, hopefully PlayStation doesn't lock down third-party game accounts *coughs* fortnite *coughs*.  Terrible business practices aside, cross-saves would be awesome for console players. If someone's main system broke and they still have their Switch handy, one can continue gaming. As for PC to Switch is would probably be the same as they did for the other consoles. 

Archived