Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does the community deslike Exalted Weapons?

Beatrix7hearts

I been quite a while in the game and have pondered this for a while now Valkyr, Excal and now Garuda have these weapons integrated into their kit. Do you feel they are bad as a whole that the weapon is embedded into your favorite warframe? Or should others follow suit? 

Personally I think other warframes could benefit of having an embedded weapon with part of her/his kit on the weapon itself then have other abilities populating where existing ones would be inside the weapon. If DE tweaks blind from excal exalted to be like the one without would be cool as well that slot could potentially have anoter ability that suits excal as well.

I also think while nezha got a very good rework, he would look better if he actually uses that chakram as a weapon that you can throw like an actual chakram that actually part of the combo would throw the chakram and do what it does now.

I think more frames should have them. Exalted weapons allowed for players to have more powerful and diverse Ults.
My Excalibur Prime for example has a Chromatic Blade build and a normal Physical build, the Exalted blade has 3 builds, one Corrosive, one Gas and one Slash, this way it is made efficient in missions where enemies may come other with Physical or Elemental resistance.

Edited by BiancaRoughfin
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

I think more frames should have them. Exalted weapons allowed for players to have more powerful and diverse Ults.
My Excalibur Prime for example has a Chromatic Blade build and a normal Physical build, the Exalted blade has 3 builds, one Corrosive, one Gas and one Slash, this way it is made efficient in missions where enemies may come other with Physical or Elemental resistance.

I would love to see those, they seem interesting. But yeah i think it would be awesome to have them

7 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

I want exalted weapons to feel special.., so no, not every Warframe should have them, especially already existing ones.. ^^

Of course not but warframe that exhibit weapons should, nezha, ash among others would be interesting to see, specially if slowly but surely the game is gearing towards being open world.

4 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I wouldn't say I dislike them, but it's not really anything new or inventive, and if you're gonna have one, it needs to be different from the rest, not just a ridiculously powerful melee that costs energy with a few unique moves. 

I think people are getting mixed up. Exalted weapons are things like Valkyr's Hysteria or the titular Exalted Blade on Excalibur. DE has just now introduced Garuda with a weapon not tied into her abilities, but to a slot left empty that costs no energy but is really just a normal "themed" weapon.

As for every frame needing an exalted weapon? No, there has to be some sort of compelling reason to just have a special weapon to wield with special effects.

5 hours ago, Beatrix7hearts said:

Of course not but warframe that exhibit weapons should, nezha, ash among others would be interesting to see, specially if slowly but surely the game is gearing towards being open world.

Why does more open zones in Warframe mean there should be built-in weapons on frames? Especially on ones like Nezha where the "weapon" is an absurdly large weapon of a type that doesn't exist currently, or would be shoved into Glaives/Thrown.

• Like 2

Even if not necessarily specialized weapons and movesets, I would love to see "exalted modes" even if the frame keeps using whatever weapons it has equipped.  What's great about exalted weapons is that they're much more interactive than most other ults which are the basic or boring "press 4 to win"  type thing.   I main Excalibur and use his 4 all the time.  I don't care what enemy it is, or what the mission is, I just want to hit things with my sword.

More frames could benefit from having exalted forms replacing their current or even weaker versions as a more "standard" ability.  Volt for example could have a "charged form" where he gets a speed boost, electrical shielding that randomly damages nearby enemies and electrical damage whatever weapon he is using.

Ash could have a "shadowed blade" form for his 4 where instead of his clones, he uses his armblades, gets a damage boost and when he does slide attacks he throws smokebombs for a mini 2 version similar to what Excalibur does when his exalted blade is active.  

Mesa could have a gunslinger form where instead of just being mainly a mini turret, she draws her built in guns and uses them.  She can have a nice damage buff with maybe extra boosts in damage for headshots or other hits.  

Saryn could have a poisoned form like how I mentioned Volt could have earlier, but instead of electricity it's poison/toxin effect.  Go down the list and so forth and quite a few frames could potentially benefit from this.  

Just my 2 cents on the matter though.

I think they were okay at first, but they feel really stale now, and I don't really want to see more abilities replaced with them. Maybe when the melee system is reworked, they'll feel better, but I dislike all of the melee ones. Exalted Blade is a boring spamfest, Valkyr's basically makes difficulty irrelevant, and Wukong's just feels terrible all around. The only ones I genuinely like are Garuda's talons and Artemis Bow. 

If we got more, I would want them to be like Garuda's; useful, but not entirely eclipsing regular melee weapons, and doesn't occupy the slot of what could otherwise be a better, more interesting ability. If we want to give Ash his hidden blades or give Atlas his fist stance or whatever, that's fine, but I would seriously hate to see abilities we already have replaced with boring stance ults. 

Il y a 3 heures, Beas7ie a dit :

What's great about exalted weapons is that they're much more interactive than most other ults which are the basic or boring "press 4 to win"  type thing.   I main Excalibur and use his 4 all the time.  I don't care what enemy it is, or what the mission is, I just want to hit things with my sword.

Speaking about press4 to win ...

Excalibur is the worst example of all with Mesa and Banshee.

Edited by (PS4)Herrwann69

18 hours ago, (PS4)Herrwann69 said:

Speaking about press4 to win ...

Excalibur is the worst example of all with Mesa and Banshee.

At least with Excalibur you also have to run around and spam E.  Most frames just do huge AOE damage by pressing 4.  

Rhino   STOMP   TONS OF DAMAGE!  Enemies just floating in the air as easy pickings.

Volt just zaps everyone in the area 

Frost freezes everyone in the area 

Saryn dissolves everyone in the area

Revenant just has disco death mode

Garuda had that lame AOE before it wsa changed(maybe? I dunno I don't play Garudo and havent really seen much of her from teammates)

I'm not saying Excalibur's 4 is perfect(though I do love it), and true "perfection" is pretty much an impossibility when you have to take in so many factors, not the least of which is dissenting opinions from the millions of players but I would take that over just some lame huge AOE type attack any day. 

• 1 month later...
On 2018-11-12 at 3:43 PM, Beas7ie said:

At least with Excalibur you also have to run around and spam E.

This is the only reason why i dislike Exalted weapons, this types of Excaliburs, they are such a useless support to the team, spamming E and nothing else, at least the AoE frames know when to use the abilitys and they'll end up doing something no matter what, instead Excaliburs run around hitting walls, i'm pretty sure more exalted weapons may be good for some warframes with implemented weapons, but when they maked exalted blade... Oh god, waves everywhere and useless excaliburs no matter where i go, if DE would implement more, there should be a restriction to trigger them for a limited time and have a reason to use the other 3 abilitys, so on that way they don't make the same mistake that they did with Excalibur and his player base. (The sad thing, most of these Excalibur player are so obsessed with that thing that they even forget that there are combos, or blinded enemies take as twice damage or radial javelin kill way faster below lvl 50)

On 2018-11-12 at 9:43 PM, Beas7ie said:

At least with Excalibur you also have to run around and spam E.  Most frames just do huge AOE damage by pressing 4.  

Rhino   STOMP   TONS OF DAMAGE!  Enemies just floating in the air as easy pickings.

Volt just zaps everyone in the area 

Frost freezes everyone in the area 

Saryn dissolves everyone in the area

Revenant just has disco death mode

Garuda had that lame AOE before it wsa changed(maybe? I dunno I don't play Garudo and havent really seen much of her from teammates)

I'm not saying Excalibur's 4 is perfect(though I do love it), and true "perfection" is pretty much an impossibility when you have to take in so many factors, not the least of which is dissenting opinions from the millions of players but I would take that over just some lame huge AOE type attack any day. 

Mesa's exalted make her a press 4 to win frame as well. The only difference is that she also has to hold the left click.

Excalibur becomes press E to win.

I am not saying that i don't like these 2 frames (mesa is my favorite actually). I am just saying that you are contradicting yourself 😛

• Like 1