Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is there so much negativity about the game?

gl9k

I have been playing Warframe on and off until this last summer where I started playing regularly. I have been enjoying the game a lot so far and thus decided to search for content by the community (In places like Youtube and these forums) and I was surprised at the amount of negativity some people have about this game. For instance the last few updates (arbitrations and Fortuna being the most notable examples) have been mostly met with criticism on these platforms (and not the constructive kind because often times it's just people complaining without any suggestion on how to improve them).

Even though I am not far into the game and thus not burning out, the overall negative mood of the community really is killing my drive to play more because I think "Will I become this bitter after playing for a bit?". I am just making this post to ask why the community has to be so negative about the game that they supposedly love? If the criticism were constructive it would be one thing but it's not. it's just griping.

1 minute ago, SweatyFalcon said:

Negativity here in WF is like not team killing in Rainbow 6 Siege
Not that negative in a sense.

I am just confused because it seems the community is ungrateful for everything we have received for free. There are some players who seemingly burn through all the new content in the first week or two of the update being out and go right back to "Muh content drought".

Because we love the game. The more you care about someone, the likelier it is you become angry about flaws. We want Warframe to be it's very best, but we don't know HOW ourselves. What we DO know is when things aren't that good or outright bad and so we point out these flaws in hopes that they will be changed for the better so we can overall have a better game for everyone.

Fully ignore Warframe Youtubers. Youtube is driven by clicks and watch time. Nothing is more engaging than strong opinions about things.

The forums are full of people who hold strong opinions about things, the vocal minority. Most people just play the game or they don't, they don't comment on things. Take anything said here with a grain of salt.

I think you just found all the wrong reviews and nothing positive. Most reviews I saw are positive +.

Arbitrations I can somewhat agree on not being that great. It have a good potential, don't get me wrong, but defenetly not the best addition. Missions are twice as long than their regular missions, rewards are not always worth it... It got some issues that prevent me personally from playing this content.

Fortuna however is probubly one of their best updates yet. I feel like DE learned from their PoE update, it have more content than PoE, It got a lot of positivity as far as I saw.

Edited by FrostedMike

Don't join social media if others' opinions will start to effect your own. I don't mean that cynically or with malice. I am giving you genuine advice to improve your enjoyment of the game. If you are having fun, find communities and like-minded friends in the game, or only through the recruitment sections of social media platforms.

Most of social media (youtube, twitter, reddit, these forums) are not designed to promote real debates and discussion. We get features such as "like," "thumbs up," "upvote", and on the surface these things may look nice but really they just contribute to toxic behaviors. Instead of providing constructive or interesting ideas, we are rewarded by our peers for saying the most provocative things. Basically, its a competition for the best click-bait. 

If you want to have honest discussions and look for meaningful input, you will rarely find it on social media, this forum included. You can try your luck in the suggestions and feedback sections, but honestly, I'd just try to make connections with people via playing the game.

Edited by IntheCoconut

3 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Those who are satisfied with the game say nothing, those who are not are pretty damn loud.

Avoid the damn forums dude. You will be happier.

Just now, peterc3 said:

Fully ignore Warframe Youtubers. Youtube is driven by clicks and watch time. Nothing is more engaging than strong opinions about things.

The forums are full of people who hold strong opinions about things, the vocal minority. Most people just play the game or they don't, they don't comment on things. Take anything said here with a grain of salt.

Honestly you two are probably right about things. I may still use the forums for other stuff but ignore the negative threads.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

Why is it that the only time I see anything negative about the game is when someone makes a post like this in the forums? 

if you look in general you will see threads saying stuff like "Fortuna was disappointing for me" or stuff like that. it's there.

6 minutes ago, (NSW)gl9k said:

Honestly you two are probably right about things. I may still use the forums for other stuff but ignore the negative threads.

Just try and enjoy the game. If you don't, take a step back and see if it's you or the game. If it's the game, DE has made changes based on feedback in the past and will continue to do so. If it's you, there is literally nothing DE can do and you should find a game that you like better.

Just now, (PS4)whoistimjones said:

just by saying I dont like something im actually helping them

The thing is, you aren't. Actual, useful, constructive feedback requires details, explanations. What don't you like and why. Saying "I don't like this" is, perhaps, the least useful thing you could do.

Edited by peterc3

18 minutes ago, (NSW)gl9k said:

I have been playing Warframe on and off until this last summer where I started playing regularly. I have been enjoying the game a lot so far and thus decided to search for content by the community (In places like Youtube and these forums) and I was surprised at the amount of negativity some people have about this game. For instance the last few updates (arbitrations and Fortuna being the most notable examples) have been mostly met with criticism on these platforms (and not the constructive kind because often times it's just people complaining without any suggestion on how to improve them).

Even though I am not far into the game and thus not burning out, the overall negative mood of the community really is killing my drive to play more because I think "Will I become this bitter after playing for a bit?". I am just making this post to ask why the community has to be so negative about the game that they supposedly love? If the criticism were constructive it would be one thing but it's not. it's just griping.

Been here almost 5 years and I've seen what you're seeing.  It comes and goes, mainly around big updates and events.  The new content brings in the less than positive aspects of the community but a week or two afterwards, they retreat the their "back up" games and the positive community makes a come back. 

If you're worried about becoming bitter, well, that's a personal choice.  I spent time around bitter players and felt myself souring as well, so I made the choice to play with new players and other non bitter veterans, problem solved for me.

vor 6 Minuten schrieb (NSW)gl9k:

if you look in general you will see threads saying stuff like "Fortuna was disappointing for me" or stuff like that. it's there.

And? Are we supposed to like every bit of the game? The Fortuna update has lot of disappointing stuff but also alot of good stuff.

I am playing this game for about 5 years, with a break every now and then, which shows DE has actually done alot right, but that doesn´t change the fact that DE has done as much wrong.

Just look at your own thread, it´s negativity in it´s own, there is actually nothing positive about it.

Edited by Kuestenjung

The negative YouTubers are not worth listening to. Many of them like to think of themselves as well informed about the game and what it needs, the truth is quite the opposite. They mostly make their negative videos in order to get views and the same thing is said in every single video no matter which negative tuber it is that says it. They should put that passion and effort on learning the game and some of the more simple things that they still havent grasped even though they are "veterans".

Sad part is that their "flock" follows them blindly no matter if it is about their negative feedback or their poorly informed "guides" and opinions on certain items/frames in the game.

And regarding the people that have gotten disappointed with Fortuna only really have themselves to blame. They've set up wierdly hyped goals and expectations in their own mind regarding it all, expectations that wouldnt even make the most contentfull of expansions in other games seem like a draught or total disappointment. Everytime they open their mouth it seems like they expected a completely fresh game and not a content addition for an exsisting one. Those people will never learn or get happy, no matter what is released.

23 minutes ago, (NSW)gl9k said:

I am just confused because it seems the community is ungrateful for everything we have received for free. There are some players who seemingly burn through all the new content in the first week or two of the update being out and go right back to "Muh content drought".

I honestly wish this game had a 60 dollar price tag since then we could avoid stuff like time gates, daily rep cap, formas, potatoes etc. Also considering if you took out rep caps there's about 15-20 hours of content in fortuna it's really hard NOT to burn through it in a week or two. Also I can't take anyone seriously when they complain about other people complaining about content drought... Even when the devs themselves have said "sorry for the content drought"

It's the internet.  Connect this much of humanity, worldwide, constantly, and you can find somebody who dislikes anything.  Literally anything - a 10 second google search and I can find people who hate orgasms.  Usually a lot of somebodies, and they're usually quite loud about it - simply because if you're quiet about something in an environment with this much activity, you will not be noticed at all.  And really, even if you're loud, you'll probably not be noticed.

Is there negativity? all the big time youtubers, who review other games always reference this game as a good example of games of its kind, i hear the odd few negative comments about the game but i feel like the mass majority of people who know what they're talking about respect this game

Edited by ABabyPigeon

Negative?...Everyone has a vested interest or vision and sometimes it clashes with someone else on the forums..The example of Arbitration is fine...But five years in and just endo after endo rewarded... you find yourself annoyed, because you went through the star chart, waiting on events, and constant game play, and for some on here we are from year 1..and back then you had limited revives, less power creep, and stamina bars along with a real reason to stay over the two to three hour mark against the horde...This end game mode isn't end game because you struggled with harder challenges early on in this game...

...But now you're so powerful and theres no real foil to that power to feel that excitement of pushing your build and hunting down rewards to overcome the next threat..but, it's not there in the so called end game content..so you get on the developer's case because you actually sorta care about the success of De...and you know the Youtubers are going over the new content and sharing their perspectives on it and turning the newer players off to the game or at least getting to the point of unlocking Arbitration...while the next big thing looms on the horizon to tempt others and yourself from this game...so you know, team sports and all..people get competitive and spout off to the coach if things look bad on the field...from time to time...

1 hour ago, (NSW)gl9k said:

I was surprised at the amount of negativity some people have about this game

You can ignore that and just play the game. It's people on the internet, and they'll complain about anything. I once saw a thread here in GD complaining about the existence of a Double Credit weekend, claiming it pointless because "some players don't need more credits". Literally made a thread being negative about double money, for free.

Internet.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb (NSW)gl9k:

Because we haven't "received it for free" people like me pay for them. This isn't a charity, it's a business model. I love Warframe and DE but they deserve and need criticism, especially since the change of development after Plains of Eidolon.

And you can't even "burn" through the content anymore since the recent content is time gated.

Edited by German