Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna Just Didn't Do It For Me

Spartan336

Let's get one thing straight.

Fortuna is a really cool update. We get a massive open world area that looks amazing AND we can grind around in it with K-Drives, Raid things, and even hunt down some poop. DE have always, and are still, very ambitious and I respect them highly for being some of the most awesome devs in gaming. 

However, Fortuna didn't have the same effect on me as all the other updates.

When PoE came out I was in the plains almost 24/7. When the Sacrifice came out I was picking apart Umbra and loving the lore. But when Fortuna came out I had a blast for maybe a day, and then everything was kinda mediocre for me. I actually stopped playing Fortuna after only one week. The worst part? I can't figure out why this is the case.

I man look at this update. The style, the vast expanse of Orb Vallis, the superb setting, the wanted system, that CATCHY SONG THAT STILL ISN'T OUT OF MY HEAD!!! Why am I not enjoying it? I can't put this in feedback because for the life of me I have NO IDEA. 

Could it be that DE is pandering to new players to hard and since I've been playing since 2013 the enemies there stand about as much chance against me as an already dead fish in the middle of the desert has against the sun itself? 

Could it be that I've lost my soul and no longer know what is fun and what isn't in a game? 

Could it be that the Man in the Wall has stolen my mojo and DE is constructing an epic 20 hour quest to get it back? 

I clearly can't see why, so maybe you guys can. What's up with Fortuna? 

6 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Maybe you should take a break and play something different..

I know, I know.. I refuse to admit and acknowledge that, too. 

I'm currently playing fallout new Vegas to be distracted from the wait for fortuna on consoles..And I'm having a blast.

The last thing I enjoyed were arbitrations, but after doing dozens of them the air is gone.. and I saw myself spending more time in my orbiter than in the actual game. Especially after 4 years (for me) it's completely normal when you get tired of a game..

Yeah, I'm no stranger from taking a break from Warframe. I've gone an entire 6 months without playing it before. But I can't for the life of me figure out why I didn't enjoy Fortuna when I've enjoyed pretty much everything else. 

Maybe I've just been burnt out on the game entirely for all time? 

I thought PoE was "meh" until several updates later when they kept adding to it and tweaking the issues. I sorta like Fortuna right now but it clearly has nothing going on. Not even the rewards are worth playing for, but I guarantee you it will get even better in a few updates.

16 minutes ago, Heatnix. said:

I thought PoE was "meh" until several updates later when they kept adding to it and tweaking the issues. I sorta like Fortuna right now but it clearly has nothing going on. Not even the rewards are worth playing for, but I guarantee you it will get even better in a few updates.

tbh the mecha and tek mods are pretty good, but aside from that maybe just floofs and the operator outfits

54 minutes ago, Spartan336 said:

When PoE came out I was in the plains almost 24/7. When the Sacrifice came out I was picking apart Umbra and loving the lore. But when Fortuna came out I had a blast for maybe a day, and then everything was kinda mediocre for me. I actually stopped playing Fortuna after only one week. The worst part? I can't figure out why this is the case.

Personally I'm in the opposite boat.  I couldn't stand PoE, it was the most boring thing in the world, possibly my least favorite major Warframe update to date,  Even the less impressive"major" updates that brought nothing but a new 'Frame and some QOL stuff was more satisfying to me.  Fortuna and Orb Vallis, on the other hand, has been a lot of fun for me.

39 minutes ago, Spartan336 said:

Maybe I've just been burnt out on the game entirely for all time? 

As much as I hate to say it, this might be it.  or it might just be that you need more than the 6 months you took to cool off.  It took me over a year to really get back into Warframe after I burned out on it, and even now I still can't play it like I used to. 

Or it could just be that you and I have wildly different opinions on what is fun and (from your point of view) the update really is bad.

Edited by xXRampantXx

49 minutes ago, GerberaOverture said:

tfw i completely hated poe and hated the idea of poe2 but actually hella liked fortuna

I can't judge Orb Vallis until Fortuna Part II releases, but so far, there was much more grind in PoE which meant more to do.

I really don't understand the mentality of reducing grind as it just reduces gameplay. I already have 3/4 Arcane sets from Orb Vallis and I'm about to get the last one this week which makes me done with the update for now.

Edited by Voltage

48 minutes ago, Spartan336 said:

Fortuna is a really cool update. We get a massive open world area that looks amazing AND we can grind around in it with K-Drives, Raid things, and even hunt down some poop. DE have always, and are still, very ambitious and I respect them highly for being some of the most awesome devs in gaming. 

I man look at this update. The style, the vast expanse of Orb Vallis, the superb setting, the wanted system, that CATCHY SONG THAT STILL ISN'T OUT OF MY HEAD!!! Why am I not enjoying it? I can't put this in feedback because for the life of me I have NO IDEA. 

Could it be that DE is pandering to new players to hard and since I've been playing since 2013 the enemies there stand about as much chance against me as an already dead fish in the middle of the desert has against the sun itself? 

Could it be that I've lost my soul and no longer know what is fun and what isn't in a game? 

Could it be that the Man in the Wall has stolen my mojo and DE is constructing an epic 20 hour quest to get it back? 

You just gave up too quickly. It took me awhile to figure it out too, but the enemies are much harder than normal nodes and definitely harder than PoE. Go to a big base like Spaceport or Temple Of Profit and see for yourself. Everything on PoE was on the surface. You need to dig a bit more with Fortuna. Exploration alone is just more enjoyable with Fortuna IMO. 

I may have good timing with regards to Fortuna.  I had my burnout time earlier and got back in well ahead of this update to be ready for it.   I like it better than the Plains in every way.  I hate having to go back to farm Iradite to fund my ice fishing habit in Orb Vallis but oh well, a break in the scenery I guess.

But Fortuna does need the spider bosses active ASAP to give us something more challenging to do.  Conservation and max alert level Toroid farming are fun but we need 'that next level' of stuff to do.  Especially with these crazy-arse kitguns. 

Personally I did not have this problem. I didn't have this problem with PoE either. I'm treating the Orb Vallis and Fortuna, in the same way I treated PoE and Cetus when it just launched; I am not making it my primary focus. The game is large and there's so many different things I can do. Why focus down one section of content for a period of time and grind it until I hate it or get bored? I go to Fortuna, get my Solaris Standing and then I leave. Haven't built a moa pet, havent done any "Toroid farming". Only built one K-Drive cuz it's pretty cool. Haven't even maxed Vent Kid's Standing or Vox Solaris (still on the first rank with the latter). And I like it like that. I get to enjoy the content for a period of time, and then I move on to other stuff. That way it always feel fresh and exciting to me.

Even though Fortuna1.0 hasn't dropped on consoles yet, I tend to agree with the OP.

I have watched partner youtube PC gameplay, read about it everywhere, and been teased about it for so long from Devstreams before TennoCon2018, then more Devstream showcases after TennoCon, I'm just tired of it even before playing!  Lol.  Then again, been playing since April 2014 on PS4, so most of the 'magic' of the game has since melted away, especially so this year for one or more reasons.  I was so hyped and excited for PoE when it first came out, was glued to twitch streams, youtube partners, etc.  For Fortuna, it's more like, 'Oh ok, not again with the new grind!'.  Not bad, but bigger is not necessarily better.

DE is a great studio and have my respect, but I hope the next major update is not yet another open world.  Railjack and New War sounds promising, but if they announce yet another open world at TennoCon2019, dunno, I may have to dial it back a bit and spend my money elsewhere.

I guess there's still Fortuna 2.0 with the big spider fights and more.  And no doubt more content tied to making us play on OV in the coming months.  Honestly, this doesn't excite me like it once did.

Not sure what can DE do to really up the ante for the next major release.  It's a tough business but I hope they can suss it out and have the skill and talent to make the next major update something to really get excited about.

I didn't like the plains. It was too big, required too much running and jumping in the beginning, and farming to use archwings was annoying.
I only got around to it when Fortuna was out and when I found out how to use archwings infinitely... Thanks, Itzal.

For Fotuna, it's just another set of things to level up. The terrain is nastier to navigate and I don't like the hoverboards.
But whatever, MR is MR. I'll hopefully one day get through it.

Can't really judge Fortuna as a whole, until it's whole. But here are my thoughts on it so far:

My initial impressions are positive. The world itself is beautiful, the orange/blue contrasts with Warm/Cold make it stand out from the Plains of Eidolon quite heavily. Fortuna as well is a sight to behold, and the personality that has gone into all of its characters / aesthetic is really quite something. But on the flip side, it's the same grind we know from PoE with a bit more mission variety and as such it quickly becomes repetitive. PoE suffered the same thing (Don't even remind me of Ghouls). After maxing the new syndicates and acquiring all their wares, you're basically done, only being limited by the daily standing cap. Fishing is basically the same, and Mining got a decent overhaul that makes it more rewarding to mine skillfully, which I approve of.

Some of the Moas have good precepts, but literally every sentinel weapon (Multron, Cryotra, Vulcax, Tazicor) released with Fortuna are all hugely lackluster for the build requirements and the MR 14 requirement to pick up the Vulcax. The Kitguns are all great, and I really don't have anything bad to say about them so far.

K-Driving is fun, but completely overshadowed by Archwing in terms of "If I need to get somewhere in a 'blink', I don't need to K-Drive". However, it's stylistic and allows us to scrape along the surface of the Vallis in a completely new way, but I know that more could be done to make K-Driving more of a lucrative choice in one of Warframe's main selling points: Combat. Because at the moment, after completing all the races and mastering all of the boards / buying all the K-Drive mods, there is literally no point in continuing to use it. (Except for that HUGE K-Driven achievement that requires you to K-Drive 1,000 kilometers. Which is, fine.) Just saying there could be a lot more done with K-Drives, and with Archwings being faster and more useful in combat (four unique abilites), I'm curious as to why K-Drives can't have some form of real combat functionality added in time.

As I said earlier, ForTWOna is on the way, and I'm hoping the Orb Heists (as they're being called internally) end up being awesome. I'm optimistic at the idea that it won't be like PoE's Eidolons which is just a DPS spam / Lure Babying fest and you win. But we'll have to wait and see.

My initial opinions on Fortuna are just that, and I can't give an overall feeling on the expansion until all of its associated content is available. But these are my feelings so far about the various stuff introduced.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

Honestly in the same boat here, and I think it's just down to the grind.

I don't really feel the "itch" to grind as it just feels worse overall within Fortuna.

Fortuna looks really nice, but it does seem they repeated a few of the same issues with PoE, such as how Fortuna is once again in its own little bubble that is completely detached from the rest of the game. Even just putting caches of various resource from both PoE and OV into other tilesets on other planets would go a long way in actually connecting the open world areas with the rest of the game.

Edited by Sean

3 hours ago, Spartan336 said:

Honestly?  Corpus are a pain in the ASS to fight over a long-term grind.  Being on console, it’s my biggest fear...facing super-corpus and their jackass fighting mechanics over and over...and over 😆.

I'm on a pseudo-break right now. Part of my problem is the update dropped when the friend I usually played with was out of town. I was also home from work for a good chunk of the time, so I burned myself out a bit. I've done most of the content I care to do at this point. I just need to level stuff.

A big part for me is I was, after messing with Zaws for a long time, I was able to figure out what and how to build the Kitguns I knew I wanted. I was hoping Moa's would excite me more, but they haven't.

Don't get me wrong, I love the update, I enjoyed PoE and this is just that but better. I'm avoiding playing to much right now because I don't want to reach full burn out by the time Fortuna Part 2 comes out. I may or may not jump back in when it does. Or, at least get back in to farm when the next Prime Access hits.

For now I login at least, and do the Sortie if I feel like it.