Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I am getting Carpal tunnel (Semi Auto weapons)

GehennaGate

Lets make this easy, i played the game for a while but never played with "clickey" weapons. I played a lot with the Lex prime but its fire rate and recoil prevented me from breaking my finger, also the feel and sound of the weapon is great and its still one of my favorites. Snipers and shotguns are the same, their fire rate and recoil is appropriate as not to give me seizure. 

Here is my problem the AKJAGARA PRIME  i thought this  weapon will be like the Akstiletto Prime one of my favorite weapons again, after all it shares a similar design and a close fire rate. After i got all the parts and built it. I came to realize this weapon is actually really annoying after 5 or 4 minutes. 

DE fix this please give us an option to toggle full auto on these types of weapons. maybe with decreased fire rate (scaling with to fire rate mods used) the Ajagara prime is a great weapon that i simply cant play with. I would rather land accurate shots with Lex or spray but with consistent recoil with Akstiletto than do tons of damage for 2 minutes but then break my finger.  

Am not calling to a buff to these weapons, cap the fire rate, or soft cap it, after some % adding fire rate starts having diminishing returns. 

Maybe cap the fire rate but the extra fire rate turns to multishot or damage.

People already are using the mouse weel, i honestly do not see how that is different than a macro. Never mind the people with fancy mice that have pre installed macros in them. Just add this as a feature and stop this mockery!! it wont take your developers much effort to add this feature.

• Like 7

If you're getting carpal tunnel, stop firing them so quickly or switch to a full auto weapon. Use a macro if you must. Semi-auto weapons do NOT need to be redesigned to cater to people who can't work around and rely on a fully auto primary instead of the semi-auto secondary. You should have also known from the non primed variant of the Akjagara that they were semi-auto. Warframe is not Call of Doody. Not everything needs to be automatic.

• Like 6

If your getting carpel tunnel syndrome then grow up.

It is not due to the game but your hand posture, use, layout, life choices. Possible work or other.

Re-adjust your chair height, hand position, change mouse. 

Seek medical advise.

But dont go blaming weapon mechanics in a game your clearly spending too much time on.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I guess they just don't make people's hands like they used to anymore... 

there are several solutions to this that don't require the game to be changed, including changing your posture or tweaking your control scheme. or you could go the opposite way and only use semi-auto weapons for a while, get used to the trigger spam and eventually embrace it. none of us were born with fast trigger-fingers, it's a trait acquired from years of playing shooters. practice a little and maybe you'll like it (or learn to live with it.).

• Like 4

Hello. I have several fully automatic weapons. I made a semi-automatic weapon in hopes it would be exactly like the fully automatic weapons I own. It wasn't and I don't like that. Please give me the option to make them exactly like the fully automatic weapons I own because if you don't I'll have to switch a weapon in my loadout back to the fully automatic one I enjoy and that seems awfully inconvenient.

Thanks bunches!

• Like 2

On 2018-12-23 at 7:48 PM, GehennaGate said:

Lets make this easy, i played the game for a while but never played with "clickey" weapons. I played a lot with the Lex prime but its fire rate and recoil prevented me from breaking my finger, also the feel and sound of the weapon is great and its still one of my favorites. Snipers and shotguns are the same, their fire rate and recoil is appropriate as not to give me seizure. 

Here is my problem the AKJAGARA PRIME  i thought this  weapon will be like the Akstiletto Prime one of my favorite weapons again, after all it shares a similar design and a close fire rate. After i got all the parts and built it. I came to realize this weapon is actually really annoying after 5 or 4 minutes. 

DE fix this please give us an option to toggle full auto on these types of weapons. maybe with decreased fire rate (scaling with to fire rate mods used) the Ajagara prime is a great weapon that i simply cant play with. I would rather land accurate shots with Lex or spray but with consistent recoil with Akstiletto than do tons of damage for 2 minutes but then break my finger.  

Am not calling to a buff to these weapons, cap the fire rate, or soft cap it, after some % adding fire rate starts having diminishing returns. 

People already are using the mouse weel, i honestly do not see how that is different than a macro. Never mind the people with fancy mice that have pre installed macros in them. Just add this as a feature and stop this mockery!! it wont take your developers much effort to add this feature.

No... Akjagara are good as is. They are burst pistols. Everything doesn't need full auto.

• Like 3

I actually agree, accessibility options are never a bad thing and Warframe is a horde shooter. "Just don't use semi-auto weapons" isn't a helpful answer, it should be the responsibility of the developers to include accessibility options so that a larger audience (i.e those with physical disabilities) are able to partake in game content. DE provided high-contrast options in the graphic options for people with sensory problems, what's the problem in including a semi-auto continuous fire toggle? Why so defensive, Gwyn isn't asking for DE to turn all weapons into auto-firing ones; he's asking for a toggle with reduced fire rate, which is honestly a very reasonable request.

In previous console generations, QTEs and character attacks involving button mashing were extremely popular in brawlers, fighters, shooters and the like. Nowadays these have largely gone out of vogue because they are simply not friendly for people with physical disabilities and, like it or not, that is a substantial percentage of your audience when you're developing video games.

EDIT: Also, just to be clear, I don't currently suffer from any disabilities, physical or otherwise, but I certainly don't see an additional toggle in the options menu as a threat to my experience with the game.

Edited by FlavorSavior

8 minutes ago, FlavorSavior said:

I actually agree, accessibility options are never a bad thing and Warframe is a horde shooter. "Just don't use semi-auto weapons" isn't a helpful answer, it should be the responsibility of the developers to include accessibility options so that a larger audience (i.e those with physical disabilities) are able to partake in game content. DE provided high-contrast options in the graphic options for people with sensory problems, what's the problem in including a semi-auto continuous fire toggle? Why so defensive, Gwyn isn't asking for DE to turn all weapons into auto-firing ones; he's asking for a toggle with reduced fire rate, which is honestly a very reasonable request.

In previous console generations, QTEs and character attacks involving button mashing were extremely popular in brawlers, fighters, shooters and the like. Nowadays these have largely gone out of vogue because they are simply not friendly for people with physical disabilities and, like it or not, that is a substantial percentage of your audience when you're developing video games.

EDIT: Also, just to be clear, I don't currently suffer from any disabilities, physical or otherwise, but I certainly don't see an additional toggle in the options menu as a threat to my experience with the game.

So do we give an option to have our characters constantly auto bullet jump? I mean, that could be an issue too.

People with diminished hearing and visual acuity won't likely be able to see problems before running into them, potentially triggering alarms and failing rescues or spy missions. Do we have an auto constant invisibility option for Mesa so these people can effectively play her in those scenarios?

Actually people with diminished vision might have trouble targeting enemies. Should the option be theŕe for the Tiberon Prime to have its shots automatically hit the heads of nearby enemies regardless of where you're aiming?

Where are the lines drawn? Especially when alternatives already exists for people who don't like semi-automatics.

• Like 3

As people have already pointed out - the accessibility option for Semi-Auto already exists in the game, it's the mousewheel secondary binding for fire. There's also been a good bit of helpful advice in the form of posture, desk/arm positioning and I'll even throw in the suggestion of using a gamepad to add to the mix as well. Yes, there's a fair bit of people making personal jabs or snide comments, but realistically they have a point - you don't change or remove an entire game mechanic (which I'll point out is present in *every* shooter game) because one person doesn't like it and hasn't bothered/doesn't want to use one of the several accessible ways there are to deal with it.

As an additional point - some guns, like Akjagara and Brakk, actually have higher firerates once modded than it's even physically possible to reach by clicking your mouse button. The *only* way to take advantage of that firerate is to use something like the mousewheel. I personally have it bound as the second binding for fire weapon and melee attack (for when I'm using a frame like Excal and his exalted blade) - it makes the world of difference and is far more comfortable than attempting to spam LMB.

• Like 5

I'm not completely opposed to DE implementing this toggle with a reduced fire rate.... even though this fundamentally changes the nature of the weapon...

… but I would bet real money that if DE does... people who use it (even if they just want to and don't actually physically need to) will complain that people using their mousewheel instead can fire faster than they can and... that it's unfair... 

… I am partly opposed because you're effectively saying you don't like the weapon... best solution is one readily available to you - use a weapon you do like instead. 

And any time a player insists that a change "wont take your developers much effort" they start losing me... adding completely new weapon modes to weapons that weren't designed for it is not a trivial thing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FlavorSavior said:

I actually agree, accessibility options are never a bad thing and Warframe is a horde shooter. "Just don't use semi-auto weapons" isn't a helpful answer, it should be the responsibility of the developers to include accessibility options so that a larger audience (i.e those with physical disabilities) are able to partake in game content. DE provided high-contrast options in the graphic options for people with sensory problems, what's the problem in including a semi-auto continuous fire toggle?

There ARE solutions in the game though: using automatic weapons. Warframe has NO SHORTAGE of weapons to choose from to fit your fancy!

Or, like I said, use a AoE frame and kill 700+ in 15 minutes!

• Like 3

I don't know how logic flew right out of the window. Like, if a gun has an obviously high fire rate, large magazine and low damage, why does it still have a semi auto trigger? That kind of design is always the most stupid kind. Examples of such guns are the Arca Scisco, the Akbolto P and now the Akjagara P.

Semi Auto makes sense if you have a slow, hard hitting gun, but putting it on a fast, spammy gun is nothing but a senseless design meant to actively punish you for picking said gun. Of course, there are alternatives, but why should a gamer be forced to pick the alts over the original?

If I liked the Akbolto Prime, why must I punish myself actively to use them? (I actually don't and I stick with the full auto guns but that is besides the point)

Edited by Guest

On 2018-12-24 at 9:48 AM, GehennaGate said:

I have thought this before, I actively avoid using some weapons because I’m worried about the health of my body.

Game design should never cause physical pain.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

I have thought this before, I actively avoid using some weapons because I’m worried about the health of my body.

Game design should never cause physical pain.

Game design its not based on stuff like that ... i use semi auto weapons and i never feel any pain (aside from the fact that even if you have pain , you can deal with it with macros)  ... as most players

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

I don't know how logic flew right out of the window. Like, if a gun has an obviously high fire rate, large magazine and low damage, why does it still have a semi auto trigger? That kind of design is always the most stupid kind. Examples of such guns are the Arca Scisco, the Akbolto P and now the Akjagara P.

Supposedly because you have the ability to offload alot of burst damage with those weapons while not having to mod for fire rate.

IMO, it's just a matter of whether you like semi-auto (and which flavor) or not.

The weapons in question are fine and giving them full-auto could easily amount to a dps loss for many players.

Edited by Padre_Akais
'cuz Datam4ss said so
  • Like 2