The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Has anyone got maiming strike this event ?

Elite_Crippler

Got one last night. Funny, though, as I'm not really into the whole lawnmower play style.

Maybe I'll just sit on it for a while and see how the prices go. And then there's Melee 3.0 on the horizon, so things are in the air at the moment.

Got one in the last Acolytes event, missing just Argon Scope and Nano-Applicator. Got the former on the second go when Torment showed up this time around. Will start hunting Mania in 2 1/2 hours time.

From my personal (and painful) experience, you should never, ever want anything specific in this game. The game's RNG is evil, and can smell your desperation and desires, which it will gleefully use to mess with you - in many, many different ways...

Edited by KnossosTNC
  • Like 6

Well I had one since the first Acolyte event, but I never used it except on my farming Secura Lecta. Then high risk Index came out so the Lecta has to go.

I really hope people are only farming this for completionism or to sell for mad grofit. It's very likely and expected for meme-strike builds to get gutted with 3.0.

But alas when (if) it happens we'll still have the flood of people complaining about all the hours of grinding and all the plat they spent on getting said mod only for it to get gutted. Seems anything short of stamping the warning on people's foreheads isn't enough.

I thankfully got Maiming Strike last time the event ran and burnt myself out hard farming for it. I've ran this event if the acolyte is on a capture mission or something quick, but the hunt for Argon Scope has been ruined by many Hydraulic Crosshairs, so I gave up farming. Sad thing, don't even want to use the mod, just wanted to have one 😂

Got the Nano-Applicator - and therefore the full set - after just Mania's second appearance at Lex, Ceres.

As I said earlier in the thread, the RNG is evil and can sense your expectations, so I went in with none. Amazing what zero expectations can do.

Edited by KnossosTNC