Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, Catchmoon is the worst kitgun for high level.

7 minutes ago, (XB1)Oussii said:

catchmoon is one of the best gun in the game, i one shot level 80 enemies and 2 or 3 shots level 100+

I kill the boss in sorties with it

you need to know which combination to build it with. for sure use the haymaker .

here is mu build. how can you not love this gun with these stats?

jqYNTlh.jpg

Another person using a Riven...

That's as good as me saying my Tombfinger is better than my Catchmoon as I have a +273% riven for a Tombfinger and none for Catchmoon.

5 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

That's as good as me saying my Tombfinger is better than my Catchmoon as I have a +273% riven for a Tombfinger and none for Catchmoon.

if you salary is 1000 and your boss decided to give you a raise. would you say no?

21 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

I've had a lot of rivens foll all 4 kitguns, all worth over 5,000 and I can say the critical Catchmoon has a power far beyond the others, and Catchmoon is able to kill Eidolons very easily.

This gun makes me believe that we will have more changes to kitguns, they destroyed the Arca Plasmor for much less, I doubt they will leave the critic Catchmoon that way, I say about crits because the status build is medium, even if you reach 100% status.

30 minutes ago, (XB1)Oussii said:

if you salary is 1000 and your boss decided to give you a raise. would you say no?

If your monthly Salary is 20,000 USD is the beggar on the street rich too?

1 hour ago, (XB1)Oussii said:

catchmoon is one of the best gun in the game, i one shot level 80 enemies and 2 or 3 shots level 100+

you need to know which combination to build it with. for sure use the haymaker .

jqYNTlh.jpg

Buddy, learn to read pls. Level 80s my god I'm laughing right now

10 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

A friend of mines catchmoon can two shot level 125 corrupted bombards. It obviously uses a riven.

Bombards have alloy Armor, which is weak to radiation. And catchmoon is easy to build for radiation. I even wreak Harry with catchmoon, you don't even need any riven for that.

Catchmoon suffers only against Ferrite Armor in higher levels, anything else does not matter.

Edited by 541K4T

much like one of tenno above said, i love the catchmoon cause it replaces my arca plasmor for more primary weapon flexibility. many primaries are more flashy and fun to use than secondaries for me. So having catchmoon for my general horde of weaker enemies clearing to have a primary catered towards a single purpose is nice.

Of course having gotten a riven for Cm recently, i use it for killing just about everything now though the projectile getting stopped by random blades of grass in the plains or such is annoying as Hek. I see it as a pseudo balance factor...its iike "here is this super powerful sidearm but be careful! It will takes its ball and go home if it so much as touches anything aside from a mob you are trying to kill!"

Now if only i could get a Rattleguts riven for my secondary laser daka needs (will compliment my Dera laser daka well)

9 hours ago, (XB1)Oussii said:

jqYNTlh.jpg

Why oh why would you invest in a Cathmoon with status chance and not build it for crit? The whole point of it is to make it a crit Arca Plasmor. 35% crit chance is embarrasingly low for that gun.

Ditch Scorch ffs and add primed pistol gambit.

• Like 1

hace 9 horas, 541K4T dijo:

Bombards have alloy Armor, which is weak to radiation. And catchmoon is easy to build for radiation. I even wreak Harry with catchmoon, you don't even need any riven for that.

Catchmoon suffers only against Ferrite Armor in higher levels, anything else does not matter.

So build for desired stat element weakness too

for most content, the catch moon is one of the best weapons.  for over sortie level, it is still very good (especially against unarmored targets and corpus bots just build toxin magnetic) but will status/heavy primary for the destruction of the heavy units.  it is basically an arka-plasmore with a better reload and better crit mods making it a very good weapon.  (the shotgun crit mods are a joke Corinth as a rifle would have 75% cc and be on par with the tigrus as far as what it could do to heavies while being better at clearing trash) 

16 hours ago, Peter said:

You do not need a salary to have a good riven, just stop being lazy.

10/10 totally doesn't understand the analogy.

On 2019-02-08 at 2:02 AM, (XB1)DavidRyder 74 said:

So it's the true, Catchmoon is really good for trashmob clearance and low to mid level content approach, but anything above 100+? It becomes the worst kit gun of the 4.

Hold on, my build is no trash ok. I'm running Catchmoon+LoveTap+Splat

So yeah, even with that amount of damage, it starts to struggle with just level 100s

TombFinger+Haymaker+Splat shreds 155s even as slow as it is

Even Gaze which everyone tells is the worst, downs 155s in 6-8 seconds. I'm running Haymaker+Splat with that one.

And Rattleguts? Oh boi, rattleguts is just insane with Lovetap and splat.

So, why is that people are so crazy about Catchmoon?

Because after 100+ ish levels full crit builds starts to loose to Status weapons cause of armor and all that especially without hunter munitions. Something that can proc corrosive quicker to kill of the enemies armor makes killing faster than a slow shooting weapon like the Catchmoon and its non pellet based as well.

It depends on what your criteria are if you're trying to call it the worst. As you said it yourself its really good against anything under 100+. Which is 90% ish of the games content and what 90% of players face everyday. And its a secondary. Still can't figure out why people are "crazy" about the catchmoon? 

For the record I personally don't think its the best because its hitboxes are effin annoying but Its not hard to see why people go for it.

Disclamer: 90% figures are not backed by any data that is recognized and not should be used as a legitimate figure. It is a generous guestimation without any attempt to exagerate the point but is used to paint a picture of ingame scenario. Users experience may vary.

• Like 1

On 2019-02-08 at 9:30 AM, (XB1)Oussii said:

jqYNTlh.jpg

Changed scorch into magnum forcce or primed pistol gambit

Edited by Genesix6

I think it's designed to be a given that you can't kill the level 150s too easily with the catchmoon because face it, it's a widespread clear type weapon like the arca plasmor. Even then it does very respectable damage, much more than the arca plasmor, and with a good damage riven it actually does a lot of good damage at higher levels too. 

It makes sense that all the other kitguns would do more single target damage than the AOE blasting kitgun, even the gaze (or especially the gaze). also note that crit based weapons at higher levels fall off quickly, so weapons that don't proc a lot of useful armor dealing status like corrosive or slash will fall off compared to status weapons with less or same crit. That's why the rattlegut completely shreds high level enemies because it procs lots of status, and why gaze is also still pretty decent against them, tombfinger finger just does a S#&$ ton of upfront damage.

Edited by birdobash
  • Like 1

I always test weapons against CORRUPTED enemies lvl 155(i would 160 but i don't have the rank yet)... and... really there is no way to kill the Heavy Gunners(Corrupted..)
Even if you make the Catchmoon crit or stat.... and you put corrosive damage... it's not good..
There is a video published about Bombards... well.. what do you expect? They are weak against Radiation......... try the same against Heavy Gunners.. will see how good it is then...

The other option is to accept that the gun just works for Radiation or Gas (Blast is just for robotics.. so.. hum..) and... let things there...

En 9/2/2019 a las 16:49, NukeTheCore dijo:

I always test weapons against CORRUPTED enemies lvl 155(i would 160 but i don't have the rank yet)... and... really there is no way to kill the Heavy Gunners(Corrupted..)
Even if you make the Catchmoon crit or stat.... and you put corrosive damage... it's not good..
There is a video published about Bombards... well.. what do you expect? They are weak against Radiation......... try the same against Heavy Gunners.. will see how good it is then...

The other option is to accept that the gun just works for Radiation or Gas (Blast is just for robotics.. so.. hum..) and... let things there...

I love when people talk without having any clue whatsoever. Here you go, corrupted heavy gunner lvl 130 (max lvl I can spawn) 

Birdobas is right. Its not designed for high level bur saying its useless is a big lie 

Yeah, Catchmoon can do all the damage in the world - the puny range, damage falloff and wonky hitbox were enough to drive me away. If something is in range and I have a clear line of fire to it, I'm better off walking up to it and doing a slide attack with an even more overpowered melee weapon. If there are multiple somethings they don't even need to be lined up!

Rattleguts can scale infinitely better, can headshot, is easy to headshot with up to a reasonable range, and apparently has no damage falloff whatsoever in case things are ever further away. So that's multiple tiers of being just flat out better at taking out priority targets (non-priority targets just roll over to any warframe getting within their general vicinity). And at lower levels, where the Catchmoon should shine since there isn't as much armour to get through/rid of... you can pretty much one-tap enemies with a properly modded Rattleguts anyway!

Having said that, you can build a Catchmoon before you can use an Arca Plasmor, and I have fond memories of how much of an upgrade to whatever I was using the Arca Plasmor was when I got it, so it has its place. It will absolutely demolish a huge chunk of the star chart, provided the projectile doesn't clip a random pixel of architecture along the way, and when the shots connect, they feel really chunky, which is something that has its value, too.

Edited by ebrl
  • Like 3

On 2019-02-09 at 7:49 AM, NukeTheCore said:

So I went and tested my Catchmoon build against 160 Corrupted Heavy Gunners, swapping out Primed Heated Charge with the toxin 90% mod for Corrosive. With a +CC, +Dmg riven and Corrosive Projection, it took 12-13 shots to kill one enemy. And when I say "one", I really mean 4 or 5, because that's how many it can hit at a time. My Rattleguts build (with Riven) took about 2/3 a clip to kill one. Granted, it's a crit build and not suited for stripping armor, but if you really want to strip armor, you should be running more CP. 3 or 4 CP and Catchmoon will probably one-shot all level 160 enemies.

But seriously, all you naysayers are completely ignoring the fact that Catchmoon has a wide projectile with infinite enemy punch through. Yes, if you try to use Catchmoon on POE you'll have a worse time with the longer engage distances. Yes, it's effing annoying when you hit a random tree branch or protruding steel beam and the projectile vanishes. Yes, if you try to solo a high level endless mission for a few hours it will start sucking just like every other non-status weapon. But the Catchmoon is fantastic in 99% of the content if you can get used to its quirks.

Well, maybe not against high-level non-Fortuna Corpus content where nullifier bubbles are everywhere.

On 2019-02-07 at 9:02 PM, (XB1)DavidRyder 74 said:

So, why is that people are so crazy about Catchmoon?

Same reason they've been crazy about Arca Plasmor, which is much worse, save for the hitboxes. It melts low levels and has pretty satisfying visuals, sound etc. + punch through mechanics. 

Anyway, the Catchmoon can be rather strong, especially in the hands of (de)buffer frame. But even on its own, 2x60+90 corrosive build can put down a 155 C. Heavy Gunner in about a dozen shots. I use Lovetap+the 11 shot mag (think it's Splat). The shots come out pretty fast. While it's nothing too spectacular, it's still pretty decent damage. Of course, it's not exactly the weapon of choice for long runs, but neither is any of the kitguns for that matter. 

On 2019-02-08 at 5:30 AM, (XB1)Oussii said:

That build will perform a lot like a peashooter against high level armor. E. g. at 155 your whole ammo pool might not be enough to kill a single Corrupted Heavy Gunner. And even at 100 it'll probably take you more than one mag. Hard to assess that since you got that riven. Anyway, radiation works very poorly against armor. 

In general, if you don't switch elements depending on the faction every time, better stick with corrosive. P. Heated Charge is almost never a good idea if you rely on your weapon to deal with armor (no stripping power on the frame, no 4xCP  etc.) because while it adds a lot of damage on paper, neither heat nor any of the combinations it can produce work well vs armor, and moreover, if you run corrosive + heat/blast, it lowers the proc chance of corrosive. 

Regardless of elements  and level, I'd definitely want P. Pistol Gambit in there.  So first thing I'd get rid of P. Heated Charge and replace it with PPG, and switch elements to corrosive. Then play around with the status chance there. Meaning testing the combinations of 2x90, 2x60/60, 1x90+1x60/60. The third one would probably be the best. 

Anyway, it's all about maximizing the weapon's potential, whereas the game offers no rewarding content for your effort, unless you simply enjoy the process or like doing endurance runs. 

Edited by DarthKadra
  • Like 1