Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hildryn Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

33 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Additional feedback after 5 forma...

Aura - there isn't really any decent aura choices for her, there's no extra shield aura and you're actually hurting yourself to use corrosive projection/shield disruption as it removes what you use to 'recharge' your abilities.  In the end I've plumped for toxin resistance seeing as she's pretty much dead if she touches a gas cloud. 

Abilities -

Shield Pillage - it doesn't return enough shield to actually make it worth using, I've literally seen it return less than it actually cost to trigger, even more obvious on lower levels and non corpus maps....   No idea why it needs a time delay for the shields to be added either.

actually im running growing power/pistol amp since balefire benefits from pistol amps damage boost, and if im running growing power it boosts all the abilities with the added STR bonus on weapon proc.

we do have a way to restore shield it just didnt really have a use till now. Team Shield Restore (also gives overshield)

Edit: i agree with everything else you said, and partially the problems with the 2 i quoted you on.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

1 minute ago, EinheriarJudith said:

actually im running growing power/pistol amp since balefire benefits from pistol amps damage boost, and if im running growing power it boosts all the abilities with the added STR bonus on weapon proc. 

we do have a way to restore shield it just didnt really have a use till now. Team Shield Restore (also gives overshield) 

Edit: i agree with everything else you said, and partially the problems with the 2 i quoted you on.

Never really been a fan of growing power but it is an option if you like going that way, I'll still stick with toxin resistance though, every little helps with this frame lol.  I very rarely run amp aura's, especially the pistol one, partly due to usually running CP, but also due to the fact I've never felt my normal weapons lacked enough grunt to kill stuff lol. 

There are other ways to restore the shields once it's down, you've got the shield drone for example, several companion mods can work too but that still doesn't stop the fact that the one ability designed to actually restore shields costs more than it actually returns in most cases lol.  Also to be honest by the time you've gone through the gear wheel to trigger the shield pizza it's nearly restored if you're using the faster recharge mods lol.

5 hours ago, SSI_Seraph said:

They have 18 pages of that and full-on reddit threads. It's week 2 and all the change we got is a dash that costs shields despite all the backlash reb got for it on twitter after considering aegis storm "quite powerful" to justify the cost. 

The whole concept of a shield frame when shields are in such a bad state to begin with is questionable. Add to that the fact that they did the bare minimum when it comes to her interaction with energy modding. 

This^^.

What's irritating me the most is indeed the complete radio silence from DE on this subject aka FEEDBACK and the top slap in the face was indeed that dash option while in Aegis Storm which literally was one of the most trolliest thing they could do while completely ignore more than 400'ish post of feedback which enlighted much more serious issues, lackluster options and clunky mechanics ( yes i'm looking at you balefire , just to name one )

1 hour ago, arm4geddon-117 said:

the complete radio silence from DE on this subject aka FEEDBACK 

LOL... thought you were new for a minute then saw you've got 673 posts.... feedback on the official warframe forum is usually non existent, reddit and twitter on the other hand.....

Yes we've raised the issue on many occasion and well you can see the outcome of us raising the issue.

Edited by LSG501
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, SSI_Seraph said:

considering aegis storm "quite powerful" to justify the cost. 

I would really like the dev team to occasionally PROVE what they are talking about when they say things like this. 

They usually test their new frames against level 30 or 40 corrupted/corpus where sneezing can kill them and say its fine.

Where in her heavy flaws vs infested, lack of proper CC or dps in alert 4 orb valis, unnecessary restrictions and costs on mobility and her skills that already cost her survivability. 

She's not strong shes ok and can survive if you pump her power strength as high as it can go and mash her 2 and have 2 r3 arcanes and will still get washed where other frames, even mag, limbo or trinity, can keep trucking where hildryn cant anymore.

• Like 1

Oh but on topic a concise list of my issues with Hildryn

-Her one has bad crit and status chance.

*reasoning; DE by now you MUST be completely aware that crit/status are MUST stats (either one or both) to assisting in weapon viability yes? 

*Raw damage does not scale well vs late game hp/shields/ armor which is circumvented through status affects and/or crits and crit power.  The best i could give her fist ability is a 68% status chance which is terrible for a weapon that

-costs a portion of her survivability

-slows her movement speed during charging 

-Takes ALOT to get it off the ground

Her second ability Shield Pillage is

*fine in my book it drains shields and armor and assists in survivability/cleanses status and rrestores her "energy" all in one go. 

Her 3rd ability Haven deserves at least a few tweaks

*Either allow it to inflict radiation procs to assist in crowd control or LOWER the active cost due to its inability to afflict status affects because by turning this ability on youre actively entering a playstyle of -Spam 2 to stay alive and feed a low damage skill that really isnt doing too much for the team- 

Her 4th ability

*due to the nature of needing high power strength to make her 2 function well enough at high levels results in a very unusable, low speed, low crowd control tool that drains energy at an insane rate and cannot be mitigated by being able to use her 2 to give shields back during its use.

*Its basically only good if your sentinel has the instant shield recharge active and ready to use otherwise by using this in higher level content and especially coupled with Balefire youre actively putting yourself in danger if your arcanes/sentinel dont trigger.

*This warframe for some odd reason feels like it was designed with the intention to use 2 rank 3 shield restoring arcanes and not without them. 

*She feels like she was tested against relatively lower level enemies and not at all vs the infested where some oddball things occur like Toxic ancients one shotting her through her overshields because their breath isnt a status effect, its raw toxic damage that seemingly ignores over shields.

*the same seems to occur vs a nox when you have over shields the slime kills her through it despite me having overshields.

From my testing in arbitrations/sortie/void fissures shes OK...just very...Ok and doesnt do too much very well and doesnt seem to specialize in anything particular.

She feels like the badly speccd Jack of All trades where everything is spread too thin and she does nothing particularly well and no way to mitigate the punishing costs and restrictions placed on her.

This makes me a tad worried about Wisp, Garuda was an out of the park Warframe and so was Baruuk but Revanant and Hyldrin drag this into 50% chance Wisp is going to be horrible territory. 

Edited by (PS4)psycofang
  • Like 2

Il y a 1 heure, (PS4)psycofang a dit :

Oh but on topic a concise list of my issues with Hildryn

-Her one has bad crit and status chance.

*reasoning; DE by now you MUST be completely aware that crit/status are MUST stats (either one or both) to assisting in weapon viability yes? 

As i said earlier we're pretty much screwed on this one cause really slow firing weapons are just terrible at stripping armor (if by status you mean corrosive - and we all know this weapon is gonna be built as a corrosive weapon anyway :D) and since it's a secondary weapon we can't rely upon Hunter munitions to make critical hits worth of it. Even if Hildryn 2nd strips armor and shields, this weapon fires so slowly you won't ever kill anything at high level. AoE weapons are also terrible at dealing with specific targets, headshots can't help much there either.

Tbh the damages are good, really good, we're dealing as much damage as Nidus 1st with full mutation stacks, that's not bad at all. The only thing DE fails to manage once again is that enemies armor is scaling a LOT in higher levels, and this kind of weapons literally sucks against armored enemies. That's why i really think that a secondary (or primary for instance) fire with less area of effect but faster rate of fire combined with more status could do the trick.

For now i need to shoot at least 5 times (full charge shots) after having cast Hildryn 2nd three times in a row (208 power strength, hence 52% armor reduction each time) to kill some lvl 160 Bombards. If i'm already channelling Aegis Storm i won't ever be able to sustain as much shield drain to achieve such a result. At this level Hildryn kit is basically worthless (Too many 2nd cast, too little armor strip and damages, way too much shield cost while using Aegis storm since this power prevents her from getting some shield back).

Edit. Against level 100 enemies (more consistent high level) i need 4 fully charge shots after having stripped armors with her 2nd twice. that's a really slow TTK since it's an exalted weapon... Let be honest a sec, i can kill this guys with Titania own exalted guns in a few sec (2 at worse) and i don't even need to strip any armor at all. 😕

At some point the whole Hildryn kit is pointless, using her 1st or 4th isn't working at all (too much cost for too little results) and let be real a sec, while you're flying slowly, high level enemies are still shooting at you...

Hildryn has definitely a lot of potential but she definitely lacks of more playability (against infested, with corrosive projection etc.)/ better scaling (damage vs shield cost) - If she stays like that design wise it'll be such a huge waste.

Edited by 000l000
  • Like 1

I've also noticed a real lack of consistency with how Aegis Storm is supposed to put some enemies into stasis. I did some interception and Aegis Storm almost never worked against many enemies, hence i wasn't even able to stop enemies from taking points since Aegis wasn't doing anything against them. When there's some lag, enemies are even still running while being affected by Aegis...

So we're basically channeling a really expensive power (even more if we're taking damages) that fails to stop everyone around, really fails to kill anything (even at mid level, it's really a weak power) and we can't do nothing at all to help with that (shooting with a weak exalted weapon without being able to strip armor while flying that costs even MORE shield again...).

In fact Hildryn whole kit isn't necessarily performing well, even at low-mid levels. I can't stop thinking about Gara or Harrow when playing at low levels since their most important skills are scaling with enemies and thus are completely worthless against weak enemies. For instance Hildryn doesn't get much shield back if enemies have a few armor only. So far, running while spamming her 2nd and 3rd is our only viable option, with quite decent results to be fair, but using her exalted and Aegis Storm aren't worth at all.

I know that Hildryn works as a support (more shield and CCs) too but since we can't play much while channeling Aegis Storm, its damages are also really important. I don't want to watch a few guys in stasis not dying much while i'm wasting my so precious shields at an alarming rate. And using her exalted weapon while doing this isn't much of an option either, costs too much shield.

Edited by 000l000

Shield Pillage only seems to affect enemies that are somewhat the same height of you, meaning if you are standing on an object that lifts you a meter or two from the ground enemies below you won't be affected and that makes the ability feel like its lacking. Maybe increase its vertical range or make it act like a sphere?

il y a 5 minutes, 1Ruinmaster1 a dit :

Shield Pillage only seems to affect enemies that are somewhat the same height of you, meaning if you are standing on an object that lifts you a meter or two from the ground enemies below you won't be affected and that makes the ability feel like its lacking. Maybe increase its vertical range or make it act like a sphere?

Not sure about that since i can affect enemies while flying above them but there's something really wrong about this power (bug or not) that prevents it from working properly atm. Sometimes enemies weren't even constantly affected (stasis-put down-stasis-put down rinse repeat ad vitam) and i wasn't even moving at all. I'm pretty sure we'll need a fix on this one.

So we got this amazing frame that can get extremely durable but then one major flaw... can't use mods like quick thinking that plays a major role in survivability.  

Please make so changes so that we can use quick thinking on Hildryn because due to that its not fun playing her and instantly dying to toxin or slash proc's that bypass her shields. 

I also have to say, please make her Balefire automatically equip when she uses Aegis Storm.

Also please let us hover downwards by angling the mouse down, instead of always having to use "Crouch" for it, or at least let us dash downwards.

And we really need to be able to Shield Pillage during her 4.

• Like 1

Hildryns kit in a nutshell:

Passive: Ok that's new in this game
Balefire: Ember 1 as exalted weapon (But Ember doesn't have to walk)
Shield Pillage: Mag 3 but worse (Mag is doing damage with it, doesn't need line of sight)
Haven: Ember 4 but worse (Ember damages more, doesn't need line of sight and the support these skills give in combat is equal)
Aegis Storm: Vauban 3 but worse (Vauban isn't locked to it)

Please nerf Ember, Mag and Vauban.

Edited by sitfesz
  • Like 1

There is muliple issues for me.

-The most important is the line of sight needed for power 2, 3 and 4. Line of sight is not   an issue, but how  the game is calculating it. This make the three power to have some trouble to work well because allies/ennemis are not targeted.

- Her powers  only work well in horizontal plan, the verticality is very bad.

- Three canalized power, it's too much.

- Pillage is not interesting at low lvl (not enouth shield/armor to replenish our shield), at high lvl, not a trouble, a few enemies can fully restore shield and overshield.

Edited by Messkoo

On 2019-03-19 at 7:51 PM, Sergent-Qc said:

And i can’t seem to use my « DOWN » key anymore while in Aegis Storm. Anyone else ?

FIXED !!!  You absolutely have to assign both "Crouch" options in your key binding section for it to work .... Mine was only bind for the "Toggle crouch" option ... 

Il y a 2 heures, NuclearCommunist a dit :

Wonder if there will ever be an uglier frame.

I think her size is due to armor, and her body is much smaller than shown. A cavity at the level of the clavicles indicates this. It's not Mesa's ass, but it looks great.