Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Update 24.4.0) OPERATION: Buried Debts Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

Liked the Exploiter orb fight! Some feedback:

During the second phase cinematic interaction, I was taking damage. Recommend full invulnerability for players and sentinels while player is unable to move. 

It's hard to tell the effect of the thermia during the second phase. Recommend having canister hits shrink the temperature healthbar to show her lowered capacity. 

During phase 1, her vents were immune to Gara's 2nd and 4th abilities, recommend allowing her abilities to harm the vents. 

I really liked how, with clever game play, you could destroy several vents at once, I'm hoping that stays in.

Thanks, keep up the good work. 

Edited by 1000_Up

The Exploiter Orb fight is not very fun.
It's interesting though.
First fight it's using ice attacks, then in the next fight it's using fire attacks.
I take it the ice attacks come from it's coolant, and in the first fight her coolant is depleted,
so she's forced to use fire attacks in the next fight.
But, what is she doing to the ground? Expelling that Thermian stuff?
Where is she getting it from? Us throwing it on her? How does it get in her?

Trying something new is always good, but expect the first go to not be the best.
My main gripe is that you are forced to play tanky frames,
since no powers do anything helpful during the fight.

Can we have coolant raknoids drop ammo during the fight? I ended up running out of ammo on my tombfinger kitgun while playing solo, and there was no way to get ammo unless you bring ammo restores. I was only using it to kill the coolant raknoids.

The coolant raknoids are also immune to abilities. I don't know if that was intentional or not to make it harder. I play Mag, and was thinking I can use pull, magnetize, the polarize augment, or fracturing crush to slow the advance of the raknoids while fighting the orb boss alone. I couldn't cast magnetize on them and they take no damage from abilities. This limits the warfames that provide value to the fight. Although I did see a video where someone was using Octavia's mallet to kill the raknoids or so he said in the video, so I don't know if this is a big or not.

Sorry DE, but you completely and utterly bungled this event.  The event itself is good, but everything around the event is a bungled mess.

Weekend long bug that prevents doing the event at all.  Good on you fixing it after the weekend at least, but most folks who can only play over the weekend are now going to miss out on it entirely due to the time limit.  And even better, new bugs have cropped up, making the hallway never load, and when it does, Exploiter just isn't on the surface, so phase 2 is now unreachable and it's burning the limited resource you made a REQUIREMENT in order to do the event in the first place.  Two bugs on a time limited event, eating most of the prime times for said event, is just poor form.

Whoever decided this was not an event that needed a bounty, like Profit Taker and the Eidolons before them, has made a grossly incorrect choice.  Constantly getting matched with public groups where the host is just fishing and only fishing no matter what (really?  During an event?  This is on the players, but you take the heftiest set of blame DE push to shove.) or just AFKing to troll, and every group having to ask "Hey we doing fissures or the orb?" as you join in, only to get the wrong group type and having to queue back out, or sit in recruitment spamming to get a party together, is just such a pain.  Not to mention the lovelies that see "We're doing orb" and scream off to the exploiter, grab a canister, and plunk it into a fissure like a tantrum throwing child, forcing the whole group to leave at that point because GUESS WE'RE DOING FISSURES is a nice issue as well.  Seriously, all of this was utterly avoidable with a bounty, but instead you've left your community open to trolling and tantrums galore.

Much like Profit Taker's event being so player-unfriendly it rapidly devolves into frustration, this event too is hitting amazing levels of player-unfriendly and rapidly devolves into a frustration fest.  Try and design for ease of use, prevention of trolling, and low frustration in general in the near future, please.

First time trying Exploiter after the latest patch.

Ran into a Progression stopper kind of bad.

During the second phase (open grounds) after the first cinematic the heat wheel vanished. I assumed it was just a visual bug and kept on taking the cans into the remaining fissures and then throwing them at the Exploiter, after clearing the last fissure, took some height with ITzal and started to take down the Coolant Raknoids.

Eventually I ran out of ammo and popped a ammo restore (never had to do this before in this fight), not longer after that I was sure of it, the Exploiter wasn't overheating at all. There was nothing left I could do. Aborted.

Edited by Duduminador

Когда уже починят эксплуататора! Ну это просто невожможно! Время убиваешь впустую! После того как эксплуататор поднимается на поверхность не открывается дверь,чтобы самому подняться вверх!!! Когда ты выходишь на улицу, эксплуататора просто НЕТ !!!! И такая беда 4 раза из 5 !!!!

Edited by Buldozer_ink
Пояснение

Le 08/03/2019 à 03:03, [DE]Danielle a dit :

It's big, deep, and it starts now.

I don't see any of this really. A scav hunt with a rather boring objective and some kind of defense mission. This kind of defense gameplay exists since Warframe, it literally offers nothing new and becomes repetitive incredibly fast. The grind factor is OK in my opinion, the lack of clan leaderboards is not. I don't exactly get the problem there is with a bit of friendly competition. There is not much of a motivation to go on beyond opticor vandal and I think we had some a lot more creative events in the past.

Remember when Steve said "we're bringing the war to warframe" back when the gravidus dilemma launched? That was quite an event, while it was repetitive as hell players actually had an influence, the feeling to be part of something bigger, there was a feeling of unity for both competing parties. Now we even got our event progress spoon-fed, it's not exciting if you can't lose.

I would like more events where players are being given agency and where community decisions have an impact, not a glorified bounty that exclusively consists of "complete X of mission Y to get reward Z".

• Like 2

I like a lot about the fight as a concept but I think it needs to work a bit on providing clear feedback to the player.

I've killed her successfully three times now and I still have no idea how the thermia canisters work in the second phase.  Sometimes when I hit her with one her heat goes up, most of the time it doesn't.  Sometimes heat goes up when I shoot them mid air, most of the time it doesn't.  Eventually her heat just appears to start going up entirely on its own despite me not having thrown a canister in several minutes because she's decided not to open any fissures.  The feedback this all gives me as a player is that to win I basically just need to waste enough time for the game to decide that she's going to overheat now and I'm allowed to make progress again.  I honestly cannot tell if I even need to throw a single canister or if I could just go tuck my warframe out of the line of fire and wait for the meter to just start filling on its own.

She also has a habit of climbing the mountains and not moving properly anymore.  It might be a good idea to leash her AI not to move onto the steep terrain because I don't think she knows how to handle it.  Sometimes she gets stuck entirely, other times she gradually works her way further and further up the slope to where that little Corpus base with the auto turret is.  That makes it very hard to see the coolant raknoids before they reach her since there are no clear lines of sight.  She also likes to repeatedly dump all her heat into opening fissures three times in the space of a minute every so often.  Or go five minutes straight just standing there not opening a single one.  It honestly might work better to script it a bit more tightly.  If the canisters worked predictably then the fissures and raknoid spawns could be made more sequential and regimented rather than random.  Establish a clear pattern with clear rules.

EDIT:  I forgot an important bit of feedback.  I love the insane characterization of the Exploiter.  She is absolutely nothing like that I expected her to be with that voice and personality.  Please continue to pull these strange surprises and unexpected oddities.  The weirdness is amazing.

Edited by UnderRevision
Forgot to mention some positive feedback.

a fun fight a fun fight indeed , but...

the loading door from the deck 13 fight to the open area fight only reminded me why i hated raids, constant host migrations 

no bounty for hunting fractures or exploiter is really painful not everyone is polite enough to set their game to solo or inv only when they fish or mine

Edited by IronKing24

1 hour ago, IronKing24 said:

no bounty for hunting fractures or exploiter is really painful not everyone is polite enough to set their game to solo or inv only when they fish or mine

^ This. It was probably fine for the first few days because literally everyone was doing fractures. Then exlpoiter was available and literally every squad was doing that fight. Now it cooled down and it's really hard to find a public squad that actually does one of those.

20 hours ago, LifeNine said:

Can we have coolant raknoids drop ammo during the fight? I ended up running out of ammo on my tombfinger kitgun while playing solo, and there was no way to get ammo unless you bring ammo restores. I was only using it to kill the coolant raknoids.

I'm pretty sure they already do becaue I was out of sniper ammo and picked some up after killing a few. I don't think they broke the ammo drops but I also haven't played since this weekend when the servers went south and only once after that when the 2nd phase just didn't spawn, waiting for that to be fixed before I try again. 

It might be that they where just dropping the wrong ammo type for the weapon you where using which is a distinct problem due to their relatively low spawn rate. You could always take Carrier with the ammo mutation mod and that should help but it would probably be good if DE made an exception for those mobs and had them drop a universal ammo pickup. 

Cause there really aren't that many of them and they don't seem to drop ammo reliably, which might be another angle of attack. Just increase their ammo drop rate. 

Just gonna mention that the thermia fractures thing to get the opticor vandal is way too long of a grind. Opticor is one of my favorite weapons and I honestly can't bring myself to grind the 4+ hours of doing the same thing over and over again for a weapon that is a SIDE GRADE. All other Vandal weapons are upgrades to their original counterparts, but not the Opticor one. Frankly I feel my time is better spent elsewhere where my time and effort is actually met with reward, but being a MR 26 player I have really nothing left to do but this event, and I can't bring myself to do it. DE please, give us an actual interesting mission to do to get these points instead of just mindlessly guarding some hole in the ground, give us something like the Boil that shows up on Plains of Eidolon where you have multiple things to do that aren't just the same thing, and I might be able to stomach putting more time into this game.

19 hours ago, Duduminador said:

First time trying Exploiter after the latest patch.

Ran into a Progression stopper kind of bad.

During the second phase (open grounds) after the first cinematic the heat wheel vanished. I assumed it was just a visual bug and kept on taking the cans into the remaining fissures and then throwing them at the Exploiter, after clearing the last fissure, took some height with ITzal and started to take down the Coolant Raknoids.

Eventually I ran out of ammo and popped a ammo restore (never had to do this before in this fight), not longer after that I was sure of it, the Exploiter wasn't overheating at all. There was nothing left I could do. Aborted.

Hey if you read, this, you gotta shoot the flaming holes in it that the vents left behind. After damaging them enough it will start over again with the heat gauge and everything. Didn't know this myself until a teammate told me about it. Hope this helps

According to the total number of Hildryn parts in my inventory, I've done 56 runs of the exploiter orb. It's definitely more than that since game crashes, host migrations and phase 2 door not open happens every now and then. 

Tbh, patching Nova and Octavia's ability to skip p1 is a reasonable fix to me, however, the problem is that p2 has nothing better to offer and it's significantly more lengthy and repetitive, which made the patch seems unacceptable to some.

p1 is a lot better and more fun than p2, it can be devided into 4 subphases and players need to do different tasks in order to progress. p2, in comparison, is more like a rushed out product with nothing to show for it. Technically, it can be divided into 3 subphases, but whatever you do in them is all the same, some nice cutscenes won't save it, not to mention if the cutscene is triggered during the orb standing up and opening her back, the cutscene is not even working correctly. 

All we need to do in p2 is to snipe coolant raknoids, wait for fractures, pick up canisters to seal fractures, throw yellow canisters at the orb, jump to the orb when she overheats to trigger the cutscene and repeat. Sometimes random Corpus might be aggroed and joined the fight, if the team didn't pay attention to the alert level, jackal or scyto raknoids will be spawn, tbh, I think that makes this more like a real boss fight... 

In general, I love the exploiter fight. That part of the event is great.

We definitely need some kind of matchmaking for events like this, though. I'm surprised there's no "Exploiter" menu option in Fortuna's back room like there is for Profit-Taker, and there should be a SU rewardless bounty for collecting thermia like there is for fighting eidolons, or maybe clicking the thermia fracture event from navigation should actually matchmake you into orb vallis with like-minded Tenno. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Domrond said:

We definitely need some kind of matchmaking for events like this, though. I'm surprised there's no "Exploiter" menu option in Fortuna's back room like there is for Profit-Taker, and there should be a SU rewardless bounty for collecting thermia like there is for fighting eidolons, or maybe clicking the thermia fracture event from navigation should actually matchmake you into orb vallis with like-minded Tenno. 

Yes, it gets really hard to find a public squad doing either fractures or exploiter fight. Going up and down the elevator until finding a matching squad is tedious.

• Like 1

Overall bad impression mainly due to the lack of proper grouping, it would really have benefit from proper missions grouping such as ghouls event or profit taker phases.

Then the fracture sealing wasn't rewarding enough to do it past the 100 points grind to get the opticor vandal. It could have rewarded standing with an additionnal bonus (same as Eudico Bounties)

I liked the boss fight, I think it was better than the profit taker and doable with all frames (as opposed to Eidolon or Profit taker), the coolant raknoids pathing and line of sight could have been handled better to avoid hidden raknoids spamming coolant.

I just want to praise DE for this event.

For me, it has brand integrity in that it allows you to use core combat mechanics within a squad without the artificial restrictions that have often accompanied other recent updates.

Yes, I know many will say they got bored, but not me.

I’m the old, Salty Dog that likes the throwback feel and increased enemy spawn rates.  

As often as I am critical, MY integrity demanded that I post here and praise DE for making sure good ole’ fashion core combat coupled with really cool loot progression and a near effortless feel still matters to me and other Tenno.

Bravo, DE.  Bravo.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

On 2019-03-19 at 10:54 PM, Broneteer said:

Just gonna mention that the thermia fractures thing to get the opticor vandal is way too long of a grind. Opticor is one of my favorite weapons and I honestly can't bring myself to grind the 4+ hours of doing the same thing over and over again for a weapon that is a SIDE GRADE. All other Vandal weapons are upgrades to their original counterparts, but not the Opticor one. Frankly I feel my time is better spent elsewhere where my time and effort is actually met with reward, but being a MR 26 player I have really nothing left to do but this event, and I can't bring myself to do it. DE please, give us an actual interesting mission to do to get these points instead of just mindlessly guarding some hole in the ground, give us something like the Boil that shows up on Plains of Eidolon where you have multiple things to do that aren't just the same thing, and I might be able to stomach putting more time into this game.

Opticor Vandal buff?  I’ll support that.

I've played this game loyally, helped friends in farming all sorts of things for hours on end, collected things like they were Pokemon.  Warframe's level of mindful vs mindless is perfect for me, and I can adjust how mindful or mindless I can be by switching frames.  For me boredom did not exist in Warframe.

I find the vent thing to be actually soul crushing.  As in, if it wasn't for the double bonus I wouldn't be doing it.  As in, even with the bonus I am having a hard time making myself do it.

The Vent sfx gets in the way of seeing the enemies near the canister.  Finding the vents--is that a vent or is that a light?  Weird scaling: one go through with randos or with my friends its fine, the next go through it's scaling as if I selected an upper level bounty and I'm being one shot.

I don't know if the vents will show up if I'm high up in the air, so I don't bother with it, assuming they're like lures and I have to get in close.  Sure, I could experiment, but that would be wasting valuable time that's already being taken up.  Given that I seem to be the one who finds the vents and I'm going around as if I was a trin Lure hunting, I think it's very possible.

So, solutions, or at least amelioration:

Have Eudico chime in every so often about Vents.  I get it if you don't want to put up way points, so don't give exact directions.  "Corpus chatter indicates there's a road block to the south of you, sounds like it could be a vent," "Geosiganls, triangulating--head east!"

Five vents each for a hundred seconds is too much, especially with the travel and search time.  Less vents or less time--though it might be less of a hassle if the vents were easier to find.

I have made no progress towards getting the shocking step ephemera.

None whatsoever.

uaT4qyV.png

On the next run I do I will still have exactly 3% chance of getting it.

When I hit 100 runs without having gotten it that will still be the case.

I'm not mad that it's hard to get, that's all good. I appreciate that there are rare items in the game.
I'm just mad that it's merely a lottery.

If I don't have it it's not due to a lack of effort, and if I do get it then it was just luck.
It would be a much better flex to have it as well, if you couldn't get it just by being lucky.

Rng is fine when you feel like you can counteract it with persistence, but no amount of persistence is going to counteract that fact that this whole thing is going to go away in 3 days.

This should be a grind, not a lottery.
Let me buy it from little duck for 20 Exploiter Orb Articulas or something.

I don't think I would have a problem with this if I felt like I was getting something other than the ephemera out of this.

The resources are useless.

The Exploiter Orb dropped 100 Ecosynth Analyzers off a single kill once, with no cat buff or anything,
and the total amount of Ecosynth Analyzers required by all blueprints in the game is 105.

Buying 2 full sets of every single arcane from vox solaris requires 2.7 million standing, and well...

Here's 8.7 million...
djr27yH.png

And remember, I have made no progress towards to the shocking step ephemera.

None.

I know I'm overexeagerating, but it's to make a point.

Which is that this feels bad.

Rng has it's place, but this ain't it chief.

4 minutes ago, Senguash said:

I have made no progress towards getting the shocking step ephemera.

None whatsoever.

uaT4qyV.png

On the next run I do I will still have exactly 3% chance of getting it.

When I hit 100 runs without having gotten it that will still be the case.

I'm not mad that it's hard to get, that's all good. I appreciate that there are rare items in the game.
I'm just mad that it's merely a lottery.

If I don't have it it's not due to a lack of effort, and if I do get it then it was just luck.
It would be a much better flex to have it as well, if you couldn't get it just by being lucky.

Rng is fine when you feel like you can counteract it with persistence, but no amount of persistence is going to counteract that fact that this whole thing is going to go away in 3 days.

This should be a grind, not a lottery.
Let me buy it from little duck for 20 Exploiter Orb Articulas or something.

I don't think I would have a problem with this if I felt like I was getting something other than the ephemera out of this.

The resources are useless.

The Exploiter Orb dropped 100 Ecosynth Analyzers off a single kill once, with no cat buff or anything,
and the total amount of Ecosynth Analyzers required by all blueprints in the game is 105.

Buying 2 full sets of every single arcane from vox solaris requires 2.7 million standing, and well...

Here's 8.7 million...
djr27yH.png

And remember, I have made no progress towards to the shocking step ephemera.

None.

I know I'm overexeagerating, but it's to make a point.

Which is that this feels bad.

Rng has it's place, but this ain't it chief.

i feel like when we saw the drop chances the ephemera i can hear zuud saying "now they are sweating!"  because we are running ourselves ragged  trying to go against terrible rng while we slowly build up salt toxicity.

I really hate the difficulty of the game right now.  You cant just use whatever frame and weapons you wanna use you have to play meta frames.

Tridolons, then profit taker,  was looking forward to trying buried debt but after dropping into vallis with 1k armor and getting completely shredded by lv45 enemies I am over it.  

I love warframe but you are making it impossible to enjoy, so I have no choice but to look for the next thing to spend all my time on.   

I really think you better start tracking the amount of active users because I have a feeling its going to start decreasing.   Nightwave really incentived people to just log on/log off,  combine that with all the cool crap being insanely difficult and casuas are just going to fade away.

Casuals I think are the majority,  and I feel like once they start to leave even though you can retain your hardcore players until the cows come home atleast a big chunk of those will not like the low population and also bail from the game.   Then you have a very smal hardcore base demanding harder stuff,  new stuff but your making less money so the dev team shrinks and its just a downward spiral after that.  

All of that could be avoided.  You could make all content cap out at Lv30 and then have elite versions of crap with Lv45-100+ junk (with no better rewards except cosmetic crap).   Or you could make enemy HP/armor scale up with level but NOT offense.   Being obliterated by enemies in seconds and have no real way to protect yourself is the real problem with high level content(unless you meta).  

More people playing = healthier your game is and the longer you will be around.   Less people playing = sorry employees heres your notice.

Your also missing a very huge opportunity to drasticly improve your monthly income to the game.  But I wont go into that in public.  

I have played a ton of free2play games and they always go out like this it is sad.  But yea you guys can be the ones o do it different, rampant that difficulty up and watch the active plyer count surge.....*sarcasm*

Hi! 

I don't know if this is a problem on all platforms, but I just notice something weird.

On the PS4, if after a bullet jump (X+L1) you press again the same combination, you get a extra impulse. Since I don't how this movement is called, I call it "double" bullet jump. Is different than a bullet jump followed by a jump because covers more distance and is faster.

I've been using this "double bullet jump" since I started playing Warframe, but here is the thing: after the update, this feature has been removed.

Now pressing crouch + jump during a bullet jump is the same that just pressing the jump button. 

I've been trying different button combinations and I can't pull out that movement no matter what.

Is this a bug from the new melee system or is a intentional change?