Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Update 24.4.0) OPERATION: Buried Debts Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

Exploiter orb fight is good... in theory.

I like that you're making us interact with the boss in an interesting way... however... during the first phase she's moving around FAR too much initially to get the pattern right for throwing the container onto the vent... and then each vent needs two containers to be vulnerable.  I get that you're trying to make it difficult, but the first part of the Exploiter orb should really be tuned so that she moves less during the phases (like she still has a pattern), and also that you only need one thermia container per vent to make it vulnerable.

Second phase is.... brutal if you're solo and near impossible if the Spider climbs up onto the ridge behind the player, as you've either got to choose to be in the valley where you can convert the containers into thermia... or standing up above Exploiter so that you can shoot the cryospiders that are going to heal Exploiter because there's otherwise no easy way to see her.  This is a real problem with trying to solo the fight (which is something that should be possible with all non-raid boss fights), so Exploiter must stay in the valley basin the entire fight so the player is able to deal with the spiders as they come.  Then comes the passive heat mechanic... which is generally fine but the thermia heat damage should be at least doubled, if not tripled or futher increased.  When I throw a thermia canister onto Exploiter, it should feel like I'm advancing the fight in a meaningful manner.... rather than I'm doing it for the lulz.  Giving it a +heat in addition to a visible indicator on the meter related to the number of cans thrown at Exploiter would help this.

Exploiter has the basics of a good fight, but needs to be tightened up so that it feels more responsive to the players.

Edited by Almagnus1

The throw action refuses to work for me on either controller or mouse. It worked only once out of probably a hundred or so button presses. I've wasted thermia and I feel utterly useless.

And, yes, please do indeed add matchmaking. Outside of free roam, there is little room for diverging goals in a squad-based game. Do not make us sit in the recruitment tab for missions. This should be a click-and-go like any other.

I always found events a bit on the tedious and unfair side, but this one is the absolute worst.

No "just get a group" isn't an option. PuGs are horribly unreliable and friends can't always find time whenever so I cannot just magic a decent group up out of thin air at will.

No "git gud" isn't an option (it's not even a tip, it's empty vapid trash talk) when the event keeps dumping a horde of minibosses right on top of my head. Right on my head. Repeatedly, and instantly surrounded and blasted from all sides. No cheese available to me can survive that. Why do they spawn right on the fissure and me? No other defense or mobile defense does this, so why does this one?

Why does it take so long to seal a single fracture? Why do we have to do so many? Why is this running alongside Nightwave? How much time are we honestly expected to sink into this? 

Please rethink events like this in the future and please consider making difficulty more flexible so we can solo some of this stuff once in awhile.

Edited by MekaDovah

10 hours ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

I really hate the difficulty of the game right now.  You cant just use whatever frame and weapons you wanna use you have to play meta frames.

Tridolons, then profit taker,  was looking forward to trying buried debt but after dropping into vallis with 1k armor and getting completely shredded by lv45 enemies I am over it.  

I love warframe but you are making it impossible to enjoy, so I have no choice but to look for the next thing to spend all my time on.   

I really think you better start tracking the amount of active users because I have a feeling its going to start decreasing.   Nightwave really incentived people to just log on/log off,  combine that with all the cool crap being insanely difficult and casuas are just going to fade away.

Casuals I think are the majority,  and I feel like once they start to leave even though you can retain your hardcore players until the cows come home atleast a big chunk of those will not like the low population and also bail from the game.   Then you have a very smal hardcore base demanding harder stuff,  new stuff but your making less money so the dev team shrinks and its just a downward spiral after that.  

All of that could be avoided.  You could make all content cap out at Lv30 and then have elite versions of crap with Lv45-100+ junk (with no better rewards except cosmetic crap).   Or you could make enemy HP/armor scale up with level but NOT offense.   Being obliterated by enemies in seconds and have no real way to protect yourself is the real problem with high level content(unless you meta).  

More people playing = healthier your game is and the longer you will be around.   Less people playing = sorry employees heres your notice.

Your also missing a very huge opportunity to drasticly improve your monthly income to the game.  But I wont go into that in public.  

I have played a ton of free2play games and they always go out like this it is sad.  But yea you guys can be the ones o do it different, rampant that difficulty up and watch the active plyer count surge.....*sarcasm*

honestly i feel warframes community is a great big conjoined mess when it comes with the desire of difficulty. which kind of annoyes with me since i have a problem with elites, vets, hardcore or what ever name they prefer that don't put consideration when demanding for more difficult content either outright ignoring or view casual players and new players as a waste of their time.  

but i believe at least a some to a majority of the players don't like stuff tied to terrible rng even if this is a free to play looter shooter. considering that exploiters drop chances is as low as a common drop from a avrage mobs drops and we still get those because we can kill hoards of them by ourselves when we get a good build going . hate to imagine how that is for the casual or new player. doing the whole dance with exploiter only for a 3% chance of a ephemera drop chance. i feel that should be in a least the double digits of drop chances. some of us have lives to live and can't hundreds upon hundreds of runs of something that gets mundane really quick.

anyways i do agree with you on warframes convoluted difficulty it is really difficulty when you start out and gets easier with varying degrees of speed the more time you spend in it till it is easy.

The Buried Debts event has been my least favorite grind in Warframe so far, by far. The boredom comes from the fact that the event is based on mobile defense missions (which are already boring, but are at least short) and takes their core gameplay of standing around for a few minutes to the extreme by forcing you to do it over and over and over again.

If this event's gameplay must be the kept the same, I think it would be more enjoyable if either:
1. The final canister bonus was more (maybe double the current)
2. The fissure completion time was lower
3. The number of fissures required was lowered

On 2019-03-16 at 6:33 PM, Caine2112 said:

Seriously, what is this passphrase for the gateway console?

This is one of thousands of questions in this game where the information we require to progress is sorely lacking within the game.  Why do we constantly need to go to the forums or wiki or whatever for the very information that should be in the game?

Seriously DE, this is simple basic programming.  At the very least, put the information in the Codex so we can do a quick search!  Just, something!  Anything!  I'm just so sick and tired of playing a game that I like that endlessly spikes my frustration levels for no good reason.  This and the damn grindfests have truly burnt me out on this game.

Massive grinds are not fun!

Missing critical information to progress through an event is not fun!

The plethora of resources required to farm and farm and farm, is not fun!

Why are you so intent on making this game NOT FUN?

Lol to everything you complained about. I came from Deadstiny 2, THAT game has a crappily designed grind for absolutely no benefit to you as a player. This game is MILES, I say MILES above anything D2 will EVER put out.

Go play that game for a couple of months, then come back and realize how mistaken you really are.

When fighting Exploiter in Deck 12 after destroying the first vent, the thermia canisters should drop immediatly while Exploiter is still moving over to the other end of the room. Right now you just have to wait for her to move and then for the bar on the dispenser to fill up. There is nothing else you can do in that time to progress anything and that feels really bad right off the bat.

The ephemeras from Exploiter could be moved to Vox Solaris offerings for 100 or more Toroids that the Exploiter drops. The ephemeras are rare and show that the players who obtain them have played the game for a good ammount of time(end-game players), having them in Vox Solaris for a large ammount of Toroids would be fair as the players have put lots of effort in gathering them and not have this be based around RNG, the 6% drop chance is fair compared to the other ephemeras but as the thermia fractures dissapear so will the availability for players to get more thermia and once the player is out of thermia they have to wait months or more to obtain it once more. I know players I have squaded up with for Exploiter and we usually share what we would want to get, some players want an ephemera but even when the ephemera drop happens they could get a blueprint for one the already own. having them be RNG based from Exploiter and having them be in Vox Solaris offerings sounds fair enough to he players and less frustrating.

2 hours ago, AwkwardLazarow said:

having them in Vox Solaris for a large ammount of Toroids would be fair as the players have put lots of effort in gathering them and not have this be based around RNG

Exactly! I'm not hunting after those ephemeras. Where is the reward for players who worked hard for it when it can be reached with RNG?

When somebody wins the lottery nobody would tell them: Congrats, you worked hard for that.

• Like 1

Has there been any word on our score of Thermia fracture closure carrying forward to the next occurrence of the event? I expect they don’t in the same manner as plague star points. We’ve only just started on console, but I’m sad to say it’s all ready started to feel more like work than fun if it all had to be done in the 15 days allowed to get the rewards. I’m quite happy to grind for things, but having just spent an hour getting kicked around the Vallis by Corpus for nothing I don’t like the feeling that time is running out. 

В 22.03.2019 в 09:23, Xsoskeleton сказал:

please, PLEASE, learn from the Eidolon bounty matchmaking so people who just wanna chill for fishing or bounties doesnt get raided with people trying to do the event.

Upvote but also a bit of disagreement.

While I would love to have dedicated bounty for Exploiter, but for entirely different reasons. When I do fishing, I go solo. When I do bounties, I start bounty before entering free roam with public enabled. Anyways. Last day of the event, I continue to try and find myself that sweet electric ephemera bp to add to the ice one I got earlier... and 99% of the groups are the following people:

• guys who suddenly remembered they need to farm a gazzilion points for the optiocor today instead of over 3 weeks or however long the event was
  • people farming for toroids
  • people sitting in the middle of nowhere (most often on top of some secluded mountain) with 4 global alert state
  • the combination of all above in different proportions

Before someone decides to forward me to recruiting chat... I play in the region called "Eastern Europe and Russia" which is geographically close to me... on English client cause I despise the way this game is localized in Russian. This results in recruiting chat looking something like this 24/7

Cvle42q.jpg

Most people I ever saw there were around 20. Trade looks exactly the same,Region has like twice as much people. Which makes me to just count this chats as not even existing cause what's the point.

Switching to just "Europe" fixes the chat alright, but should I impose possible lag issues on people when hosting? Should I suffer myself from said lags? Should I install Ru locale and relearn how everything is called from scratch cause some labels are not even meaning the same thing? I'd say no to all of those.

Matchmaking for both Orb and fractures is a must have, we have it for practically any other in game activity and bosses. Why this one was excluded for no apparent reason again?

Edited by Darth_Predator
  • Like 1

I'm still trying to #*!%ing get a shocking step

why

why won't it drop

why

double credits, double resources, I gave it all up just to try to get one

why 

why won't it drop

why

these droprates, a slow

why

descent

why

into madness

why

the abyss of RNG, darkness infinite!

why

insanity, desire, taking my mind!

why

another go, another run! 

why

one more time, it'll be fun!

why

just drop once and i'll be done

why

why won't it drop

why

rng, most cruel

why

to take my time

why

to take my mind

why

and reward it with naught

Edited by HyokaChan

I can't say Buried Debts was a fun event at all.  I had to roam around to find a fissure, then am told to go find something to seal the fissure, which in not traceable on a huge map, and after four uses i have to go try to find another one.  In addition to that, the connection issues, dropping the host, losing the party, and going through a loading screen only to wind back up on my ship to find I have lost ALL progress was not rewarding to me.  

I played for an hour to get credit for 1 fissure.  I didn't complete this event because it was too tedious and taxing to constantly look for new parties and just watch people leave out of frustration when they couldn't find the canisters.  

This is starting to feel like a game from Cryptic...please don't be like Cryptic.  

Edited by UVFirefly
  • Like 1

So is everyone done with this on Console? I join Public Free roam groups in the Orb Vallis and after starting the event. get host migrations a minute later. Screws up my progress, screws up the coolant canister and leaves it stuck in the map. IF you're just fere roaming and fishing, mining or hunting, can't you just go friends only?

On 2019-03-23 at 9:38 AM, AwkwardLazarow said:

The ephemeras from Exploiter could be moved to Vox Solaris offerings for 100 or more Toroids that the Exploiter drops. The ephemeras are rare and show that the players who obtain them have played the game for a good ammount of time(end-game players), having them in Vox Solaris for a large ammount of Toroids would be fair as the players have put lots of effort in gathering them and not have this be based around RNG, the 6% drop chance is fair compared to the other ephemeras but as the thermia fractures dissapear so will the availability for players to get more thermia and once the player is out of thermia they have to wait months or more to obtain it once more. I know players I have squaded up with for Exploiter and we usually share what we would want to get, some players want an ephemera but even when the ephemera drop happens they could get a blueprint for one the already own. having them be RNG based from Exploiter and having them be in Vox Solaris offerings sounds fair enough to he players and less frustrating.

A recent post said they plan on fractures happening twice a week. So thermia running low shouldn't be much of an issue. 

8 hours ago, Cerebrum123 said:

A recent post said they plan on fractures happening twice a week. So thermia running low shouldn't be much of an issue. 

Also, if you're the one using your thermia to start the boss fight, you'll get it refunded on success.

On 2019-03-07 at 11:27 PM, Ham_Grenabe said:

I found the entire operation very confusing. After 3 or 4 failures at varying points, I pieced it together, but it's really opaque. Eudico says a lot of things, but it would be nice to (say) have rifts marked on the map (for instance, after sealing one, we couldn't find any others at all). Or to have Eudico say "last we knew the exploiter orb was somewhere around here." Or something. Just a little guidance. 

Also, Eudico talked about finding some sort of data, but I have no idea what thing she was talking about. I realize must have been a data hash, but I didn't see it, there was no scan sound from Helios, and...basically, what am I looking for? Is there a picture of what a data hash scannable looks like? 

Everything seemed to work when performed -- I didn't run into bugs in the mission (well, none that were apparent) -- but I think a slight bit more guidance, like waypoints set by Eudico to give us a direction to head, would be very welcome. I know what to do know, but a bit of wayfinding would make it a smoother experience. 

I really appreciate this post, because it kind of speaks to the glaring issue Warframe has had for so long; new player experience and just a little guidance. I know, they're reworking the new player experience to be more welcoming, and they have taken little steps in the right direction in terms of guidance (such as the abilities having little video clips to demonstrate exactly what they do), but I think they need to go a lot further, especially since they release these big open worlds, use the hype surrounding them to draw in new players, then release them fully accessible to new players although it's really not worth them playing since it won't give them much to tie into the main game. Maybe a thing or two here or there, but they're not worth playing until you complete the other more important content like the cinematic quests. 

I would love it if DE stopped with the new ambitious content for awhile, and went back and put more accessible tutorials and such into the game than like the codex or that chat bot that answers some questions vaguely. If they did that, I think Warframe would be far more played as a whole.

I see people saying this pretty frequently, but I gotta speak my piece and say that the fact that you need to max out Solaris United standing for the orb mothers is just not necessary or really any good.

When Plains of Eidolon came around, I was the only one out of my xbox friend group of roughly six people who played Warframe to actually max out my standing with Cetus. What was nice about the awesome eidolon fights was that my friends didn't need to max out the standing along with me to play; we just jumped in and experienced a truly fun boss fighting sequence. They even got to play the Gantulyst with me (probably butchered that name), and it was so amazing the first time we got to it, watching the lasers fall from the sky and trying to fight it together. That was a dang good time.

But once these orb mothers came out, again I was the only one out of my friend group that actually maxed out Solaris United standing since it was a pretty dull grind. So I had to play the profit taker on match-making, and it was frustrating and boring. The profit taker was obviously meant for more team-play than the eidolons, and it wasn't terribly hard to damage, so some of my lower mr friends would've been okay (if they brought a tanky frame). But no, they never grinded it out, so after beating it once I was done with it. And I'll probably do the same with the Exploiter orb.

Most people reply to this with a "you had plenty of time to grind out standing" and that's very true, my friends had easily a month to grind out the standing. But it's a boring experience due to the bounties being too stingy with standing and fishing and mining being the better ways to farm standing (which is kind of ridiculous in a game about space ninja), and it didn't seem worth it for one boss when they already had the eidolons we so loved to hunt. I think all this standing cap requirement does is hurt the Fortuna experience, and, while I have my own gripes about how stingy the whole standing system is even though I maxed out both Cetus and Orb Vallis, I think they either need to remove needing to max out to hunt it or make the grind significantly easier and make the bounties worth doing with lots of rewarding standing.

TL;DR: please don't make players need to max out with Solaris United in order to hunt the orb mothers, or make the SU standing easier and more fun (way more standing from bounties than fishing and mining) to obtain.

The inside part of the Exploiter fight was interesting, and was hoping for a cool outdoor fight as well.

Nope.  We barely even fight the boss.  We play whack a mole and throw cans at her.  Please do not switch to turning boss fights into mind numbing arcade games with no fight or danger to mask continued use of the invulnerability stage mechanic.

Profit Taker did have a lot of knockdowns, but with her, I felt like I was fighting her, not stealing cans from her pets.  She actually tries to kill me, and I am actually dealing damage to her.