Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentinels and pets need a buff who agrees

(XBOX)Umbra Howl

-Kurbows, kavats, infested pets need a status chance increase at base. 

-Moas need something similar to bite and maul

-Sentinels need to have link health,shields,and armor. 

-Sentinels weapons needs buff to match the current weapon system.

-Please remove the double stacking mods we don't need double split chambers,heavy cal,barrel diffusion, and gunslinger example.

-Sentinels need there own mods set.

I would love the change in the near future and some feedback if necessary thank you Digital extremes for amazing game. 

Sincerely Umbrahowl from xbox one

Edited by (XB1)SHADOW NINJA970
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, (XB1)SHADOW NINJA970 said:

Sentinels weapons needs buff to match the current weapon system.

I agree that most Sentinel weapons' damage is absolutely pitiful. However, given their passive nature I don't believe their weapons should be brought up to par with what the player can dish out. We don't need our Roombas out-DPSing our player weapons.

Coming from someone permanently playing with his Smeeta furball, I can say that Kubrow/Kavats are fine the way they are. Moas too ,even though I haven't played them that much yet. Though I agree Sentinels are still not that much of an help. Buuuut to be fair, they never were. They have small advantages, but they will still take that random one-shot and won't be there to help you anymore. Not to mention this ever-stupid idea of Double-Stacking mods --' 

• Like 1

il y a 1 minute, SenorClipClop a dit :

We don't need our Roombas out-DPSing our player weapons. 

Kavats can rip off 125% of any armor in one hit and hit 4 targets at once. So yeah, I do think Sentinel weapons need a tiiiiny bit of buff as of today. x3

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Skyeril said:

I do think Sentinel weapons need a tiiiiny bit of buff as of today.

5 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

I don't believe their weapons should be brought up to par with what the player can dish out

All I said was that they shouldn't equal or surpass the average player weapons, due to their passive damage. Yes, they could do with a buff. 10 damage with a 1.5 firerate is dreadful.

My Kavat is both an utility, giving me PERMA Red-Crits, Double Affinity+Ressource Booster, No Energy-Costs, and other stuff.

AND it is a weapon, dealing insane damage. Again, Sentinels really need a buff nowadays.

il y a 2 minutes, bibmobello a dit :

They are more an utility than a weapon. They are useful for health, shield regeneration and other stuff.

54 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

I agree that most Sentinel weapons' damage is absolutely pitiful. However, given their passive nature I don't believe their weapons should be brought up to par with what the player can dish out. We don't need our Roombas out-DPSing our player weapons.

It should be decent vs sortie level.

They could also implement passive ability where their damage stats scale with enemy current level on every wave/round.

That would help to balance between low level and high level.

If player remains idle for an extended period of time, a Sentinel will "disable," stopping its idle animation and causing it to not fire or use abilities, presumably to prevent players from idling. They can be re-enabled by moving several meters.

Even if Sentinel get their weapons buffed par with player's weapon, they still can be disabled if player try to afk or attempt to shuffle into wall. This is a good mechanic.

• Like 1

I would rather see more interchangeable mods for general companions that added more utility for squadmates and players. Stuff like vacuum is just a quality of life mod. Why aren't their any mods like that for Kavats or Kubrows? Companions only really have a place in the game for solo play (from my experience) as in groups they're completely underwhelming as just "another damage dealer/damage soak" because of the excessive power bloat.

Sentinels are just paper lanterns now. The moment they are so much as looked at funny they explode and the only one that even kind of counters this is Djinn due to the 90s auto-revive. That's crap. The mods like Animal Sense also have a very minimal detection range. That's also crap. The items that should make a sentinel useful and wanted (like Medi-Ray and Shield Charger) don't actually make the sentinel more desirable. That's a ton of crap.

I really wish DE would have a larger team dedicated to expanding on previous content, but for some reason it always seems so minimal.

Kavats are in a great place.  Smeeta is there if you want to gamble with your buffs which are powerful but unreliable (the people talking like they're always active are being dishonest) and the adarza is around the clock crits for days.  Then they share kavat only mods that play into their "offensive support" nature, like sharpened claws which strips armor in one hit and they literally spam this, and pounce which stuns enemies, they overall make superior options to Kubrows, whom don't have "Kubrow only" abilties to make them a preferable choice. 

In fact, the selection of Kubrow's could probably be trimmed down, with some of the breed specific abilities becoming Kubrow abilities.  I can see the Sahasa and Chesa getting nixed and their abilities being made available to all Kubrow's for example, as they feel like standard skills a dog would have and the remaining three have clearly defined roles (Huras = stealth, Raksa = defense, Sunika = assassination.)  No offense to the people that love their Chesa or Sahasa, but I'd certainly expect them to be converted to another breed if this were to ever happen.

I have little comment on sentinels.  They serve a fine purpose of being reliable combat support and probably make the best companions if not for the fact that they can be destroyed with no chance to recover them outside of dying and reviving yourself.  If it weren't for this fact I'd probably use them more often on my squishy frames with health conversion equipped so I could benefit from constantly having tons of armor on top of adaptation (whenever I might get it.)

Moas fall neatly in between sentinels and beasts.  They don't have the specialty features of the Kavat nor the Sentinel, but they can use many mods from both.  The only real curse Moas have is that they tend to hold still, making them stupidly easy targets.

Edited by Lost_Cartographer

Sentinels would be fine if Primed Regen actually refreshed it's charges when you revive. Outside long runs they don't really die much. I'm fine with their weapons being CC / Utility based. They're never going to compare to our damage output so might as well have a handy partner to watch your back.

Companions in general are dumb as dirt and that will always prevent me from using them outside Kavat Kuva gimmicks even then they're heavily based on the frame you use instead of complimenting your choice and they have no mod space. The Link Health / Armor series is really dumb design at least as standalone options.

Edited by Xzorn

6 hours ago, (XB1)SHADOW NINJA970 said:

-Moas need something similar to bite and maul

-Sentinels need to have link health,shields,and armor. 

I agree with everything except these.

Not sure what you mean by the first (quoted) thing, I'm guessing something to buff their melee damage? Which shouldn't be necessary as long as the sentinel weapons get buffed.

I disagree on the second and would just rather they buff the other sentinels stats to be somewhat on par with Carrier Prime and give them a way to be revived. (Timer should be shorter on Djinns mod)

In the case of moas having access to the sentinel survivability mods I think they should get a buff to their base stats, because atm the enhanced mods are pretty much worse for moas in most cases except that sometimes the armor one can give more armor compared to Link Armor

My main issue is their survivability.  Most frames need to use abilities or mobility to avoid damage.  You can't control your pets, at least not directly, so you can't make them dodge bullets or activate tanking abilities.  They just go down too easily in any content that reasonably difficult - and since they're really the only place where more utility-focused stuff can go without competing for your combat mods, that means all those nice QoL features are constantly just turning off through really no fault of your own.

I mean, if you go Eidolon hunting, it's just a given your sentinel or pet is going to die, no matter what you do.  It's even worse to bring an animal becuase then someone might see the red name and not notice the body on the ground is an animal through all the noise and particle effects and general chaos going on.

My big rework?  Sentinels just have no shields or HP at all, they just always work.  I'd like the same for animals, but since their damage actually matters and they can wander a ways away from your frame it might be necessary to avoid AFK strats to make them quasi-mortal... in that they only stop attacking enemies and return to your side for a time if they take too much damage.  No matter what, your companions don't bleed out, and your mods on them are always active.

And I don't see that as particularly powerful.  Companions aren't a major damage source, and even the most bloodthirsty Kavat is still basically just a melee unit taking down a few mooks at a time when even the least damaging frames in the game will delete enemies at a far faster clip with an appropriately leveled weapon.

I mean, what's the alternative?  "Gitting gud" by manipulating the AI to cajole it into spaces where it'll maybe take less damage?  Where's the fun in that?

6 hours ago, AshenHaze said:

I would rather see more interchangeable mods for general companions that added more utility for squadmates and players. Stuff like vacuum is just a quality of life mod. Why aren't their any mods like that for Kavats or Kubrows?

Just a minor nitpick, fetch works exactly like vacuum for Kavats / Kubrows / infected chargers. Made leveling them so much easier since I didn't have to go without vacuum.

4 hours ago, Benour said:

My 400k kills sweeper prime disagree about sentinel weapons being useless!   😡

Aside from Sweeper Prime, Deconstructor Prime, and the Vulklok, sentinel weapons are just about absolutely useless.

MOA ones included. The Tazicor, for example, is garbage.

12 hours ago, SenorClipClop said:

Sir ill have you know my flying camera roomba has a shot gun that can kill things almost at the same level as me and it tries its hardest 

now if i could get him to understand the effective range of said shotgun it might work out better bless his heart for trying but you can kill something with a shotgun from 40 meters away i cant be mad at the attempt but i wish they realize the weapon they have engage differently based on it 

54 minutes ago, (XB1)Dredd1973 said:

I only use sentinels because everything else does nothing but die. 

my charger doesnt think of it as a concept with how absurd link health and armor makes him, my moa kinda doesnt care he is just happy to participate and beep angry at things with a laser that explodes, and my helios is adorable trying to 40m range a shotgun and he likes looking at things being a baby banshee

if anything in my case my sentinal dies more often then my pets cuz if they do eventually go down i got a minute to pick them up and then im back in business my sentinel dies well im shiet out of luck with what he gave me all honestly my moa replaced my helios since he can do what the sentinels can do AND be revived so i dont lose those things when they eventual get killed 

• Like 1