Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

All the negative about Nightwave

Lysithea.Nya

I'm just having fun seeing people having what they asked for and now complaining: challenges are too hard, challenges are too repetitive, challenges are too long, you sacrificing nitain for buying reactor... really, compared to old alert system, now all the randomness is gone, all you have to do is to play the game a little to get desired rewards and there is no even need to do just every single order... every aspect of nightwave is better than old pointless alert system. No playing on schedule, no worries about missing some reward while you at work, no waiting for weeks for that alert that you need to pop at the time you need it... unique rewards... But so much people are still complaining... "We don't like A, make something else" - "We made B" - "We don't like B, make something else"... with that much negative I won't be surprised if devs will rollback to the old alert system after this nightwave is completed. Is this what you guys want? 

Edited by Lysithea.Nya
  • Like 3

hace 10 minutos, Lysithea.Nya dijo:

with that much negative I won't be surprised if devs will rollback to the old alert system after this nightwave is completed. Is this what you guys want? 

community: Yesn`t

On a more serious note, people who complain about the nighttime wave are the kind of people who get all the free samples of food on the market and then dont buy any...

now you can make your way towards something you want, no RNG included, and its always gonna be there, the only thing i see to complain is the amount of wolf credits, it should be more common on the first 15 tiers or something, that way there will be some usefull stuff for the new players.

overall this system is great 

Edited by Regiaz20
  • Like 5

The old alert system would work for me, it wasn't great but neither is nightwave. If you got lucky with alerts then you did, if you didn't then you didn't.

The way nightwave feels to me is like a set of boxes to be ticked, with pointless non-rewards (Artwork, meh) for half of the reward levels. The only advantage is that it has got me doing things in game I wouldn't have otherwise. Also, niatin is almost completely limited to the nightwave system which means you have to engage if you want to build some of the things that depend on it.

I preferred the random chance of having something come up that I want at a convenient moment to the extended list of chores. "Drop everything, it's the Anubis helmet", rather than "Jump through hoops, and, eventually, get the Anubis helmet.

I don't know... Forums are always the place where the negativity accumulates. There's no point to create a forum topic to praise how amasing new feature #X is. So it appear like there's only negativity.

But i personally like the nightwave. I think it should be a little bit faster... Maybe there should be more weekly challenges, or maybe 2 daily ones. Maybe even 3. But otherwise i love it. Espeically the new desert camo skins - i bought almost all of them. Only missed atterax.

17 minutes ago, Lysithea.Nya said:

... with that much negative I won't be surprised if devs will rollback to the old alert system after this nightwave is completed. Is this what you guys want? 

I seriously doubt that DE pay much attention to us contradicting our play data.

• Like 1

Hopefully, DE will come up with a more agreeable way of getting these resources to players. I wonder if we'd have this many complaints if all of the rewards were either game-effective or wolf-creds and you could buy niatin with platinum.

22 minutes ago, Lysithea.Nya said:

I'm just having fun seeing people having what they asked for and now complaining: challenges are too hard, challenges are too repetitive, challenges are too long, you sacrificing nitain for buying reactor... really, compared to old alert system, now all the randomness is gone, all you have to do is to play the game a little to get desired rewards and there is no even need to do just every single order... every aspect of nightwave is better than old pointless alert system. No playing on schedule, no worries about missing some reward while you at work, no waiting for weeks for that alert that you need to pop at the time you need it... unique rewards... But so much people are still complaining... "We don't like A, make something else" - "We made B" - "We don't like B, make something else"... with that much negative I won't be surprised if devs will rollback to the old alert system after this nightwave is completed. Is this what you guys want? 

3 very important things you've forgotten OP:

"To exist is to complain" is the moto of your average internet user. This forum is no exception.

According to the attitude of the average user, it would seem the usual potato alert used to pop up every 5 minutes and Nitain had a steady +4 inflow per day for everyone.

According to the attitude of the average user, Nitain seems to be required for everything, if you run out of Nitain, you can no longer log into the game, your family and friends leave you, your boss sleeps with your wife and has you fired, your wife divorces you, gets all you belongings and custody of the dog and even the bridge you end up sleeping under gets demolished.

• Like 2

The problem is not nightwave but rather what you can do with the credits you gain. Nightwave itself has some good rewards; free (3) formas, an Arcane Energize and Unique mods. In my opinion they nailed the reward for doing the nightwave itself. Where i feel they need to do a bit more work is with the variety of reward/resource to spend the credits on. It seems very limited atm. Nitain is not used for crafting by every item in the game. Yet its there every week. Where as other resources like nano-spores, oxium, argon crystals are used to craft items. The (previous) alert served more of a quick way to farm X resource for all players. Now with that gone, Warframe has gotten (a lot more) grindy for those that don't have those resources. I believe that all of this negative backlash would probably go away if the put those resources (in a rotation like they do with helmets) in the reward table at a reasonable price. 

vor 35 Minuten schrieb Lysithea.Nya:

1st why not simply both? So people could choose? Or does DE fear their so great new system wont be played much? Or the game is again not played like they want us to? (which is pretty high horsed for DEVs but normal)

2nd. The most negativity comes from mainly 3 things. NW is more timeconsuming than the old alerts thos not feeling this rewarding (at leats imo). Even with gone RNG you are still if not more limited what to get. Thos to less wolf credits plus they will expire. And the biggest part to gain the negativity is the crappy low spawnrate of wolf. Some people already had the weapon leveld or sold for nearly 1k plat during the first few weeks, others didnt even see him till now or only got crap rewards.

• Like 1

I like nigthwave and like the shop  but  the shop price and number of wolf creds reward/per reward  not so much, I mean 50 wolf cred for a alert only weapon? 25 per Vauban piece,35 per helmet.

Alerts were not friendly for people with job/school or other time constrains but now I am gone from the random 1 to 2 alerts weapon + 1-3 aura mods+ 2-3 nitain and 1-3 helmets per week

to 1 alert weapon or 1 helmet .

I don't like forced activities that feels like a chore. The specter was an example : it's fun to re-do some boss fights, but it was too easy and scanning the plants was long and boring. I'm OK with some challenge, not with "long" and unrewarding activities.

Also Nora is kinda annoying after a few weeks, we should be able to disable her speech.

Then the whole reward system imply too much commitments : the fact that you earn wolf credits not every level is really not "casual players friendly", not only you have to do chores, but often, to get some rewards.

And a final word for the fugitives and the wolf : fugitives damage reduction and molotov cocktail can be annoying, and sometimes they "break" the game locking doors in Corpus environments, and I even sometimes don't even bother to kill them as 150 standing is not worth it. The wolf spawn rate is low, I've been trolled buy him twice because I was soloing derelict with 4 vault keys, and he spawned twice in less than 1h of gameplay and I was unable to solo him (due to the vault keys). The wolf should have stayed an alert, poping randomly so that you could fight him on purpose (the mini stalker are a good way to handle that).

15 minutes ago, tychondus said:

The problem is not nightwave but rather what you can do with the credits you gain. Nightwave itself has some good rewards; free (3) formas, an Arcane Energize and Unique mods. In my opinion they nailed the reward for doing the nightwave itself. Where i feel they need to do a bit more work is with the variety of reward/resource to spend the credits on. It seems very limited atm. Nitain is not used for crafting by every item in the game. Yet its there every week. Where as other resources like nano-spores, oxium, argon crystals are used to craft items. The (previous) alert served more of a quick way to farm X resource for all players. Now with that gone, Warframe has gotten (a lot more) grindy for those that don't have those resources. I believe that all of this negative backlash would probably go away if the put those resources (in a rotation like they do with helmets) in the reward table at a reasonable price. 

There is no winning.

You either have a limited reward table where you can get things relatively quickly and then have people complain there is nothing else to grab aside from consumable resources.

Or you can have a huge and varited reward table where you can spend creds on and then have people complain that there are not enough Creds left for them to get the resources.

38 minutes ago, AltheusV said:

with pointless non-rewards (Artwork, meh) for half of the reward levels

This! So much this!

I am working my ass off to get to top tiers and getting ton of crap on the way I do not want... personally I do not care in the slightest about "looks" and personal visual gimmicks (in any game, not just warframe; never would I buy some sort of "skin" or anything like that anywhere) and it feels for me that a lot nightwave reward stages are just... a total waste.

Gimme choice between visual-only gimmicks or wolf creds on those stages (or for all stages, why not) and I would be perfectly happy with nightwave. Well, no, not perfectly. I am still hoping for an assassination challenge against Nora at some point... I really need that one. Badly.

51 minutes ago, AltheusV said:

I preferred the random chance of having something come up that I want at a convenient moment to the extended list of chores. "Drop everything, it's the Anubis helmet", rather than "Jump through hoops, and, eventually, get the Anubis helmet.

I just want to ask you, do you have a job?

9 minutes ago, InsaneLoneChimera said:

I like nigthwave and like the shop  but  the shop price and number of wolf creds reward/per reward  not so much, I mean 50 wolf cred for a alert only weapon? 25 per Vauban piece,35 per helmet.

Alerts were not friendly for people with job/school or other time constrains but now I am gone from the random 1 to 2 alerts weapon + 1-3 aura mods+ 2-3 nitain and 1-3 helmets per week

to 1 alert weapon or 1 helmet .

Yeah, that's a sobering observation. Proponents of the Nightwave shop point out that you can get desired aura mods, cosmetics and weapons even if you have a life. On the other hand, in the Alerts system, you could get more random mods, cosmetics and weapons in a shorter amount of time even if some of these were not what you were looking for! I guess in time, your collection would be complete... if you were lucky. Nitain does seem easier to get though!

With Twitter, Catalysts were relatively easier to get though. You'd have to be flexible enough to play some alerts or invasions before heading to work (solo, can do the 3 invasion missions in 15 minutes), but Twitter and alerts/invasions were definitely better than 75 wolf creds per Catalyst that Nightwave offers.

Previous alert system posed no issues to me. It was small instances of busywork for a targeted trivial thing like an aura, a potato, or some nitain.

Nightwave conflates login-reward style stuff with the perfectly functional previous alert system and is kinda less than the sum of its parts. I would prefer, personally, that they simply restore the previous alert system and leave Nightwave in place. More options to get stuff? Cool. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

There is no winning.

You either have a limited reward table where you can get things relatively quickly and then have people complain there is nothing else to grab aside from consumable resources.a

Or you can have a huge and varited reward table where you can spend creds on and then have people complain that there are not enough Creds left for them to get the resources.

That's pretty much it. There is no perfect system to cater for all. That's just a pipe-dream. The question is, was the system that replaced the existing alert system better or worse for the game? In my opinion its both yes and no.

Yes because you will never see some of those rewards in the old alert system, Arcane Energize as alert reward? or forma bundle as alert reward? or umbral forma as alert reward? yeah, good luck with that. The rewards are good and there is incentives there to participate in the event.

And no the current system is not good because of what i have already highlighted earlier. You have wolf credits and no valuable resources to spend it on, which is something the old alert system practically gave on hourly basis. And if you dont spend it, it will expire at the end of nightwave. So, yeah, they need to put more work on the wolf credit reward table. Current selection is pretty, meh.

I like nightwave, overall, but-

not when it telling me to do old, bad, boring content, like collecting plants for apothic (archwing, lunaro, pvp, scanning...), I don't want to do this S#&$ again

and not when it telling me to find friend, it's just stupid

2 hours ago, Artekkor said:

I don't know... Forums are always the place where the negativity accumulates. There's no point to create a forum topic to praise how amasing new feature #X is. So it appear like there's only negativity.

That’s the only reason I come to the forums. To read the negativity. It’s amusing and makes me smile. Well that and the patch notes. 

2 hours ago, Regiaz20 said:

community: Yesn`t

On a more serious note, people who complain about the nighttime wave are the kind of people who get all the free samples of food on the market and then dont buy any...

now you can make your way towards something you want, no RNG included, and its always gonna be there, the only thing i see to complain is the amount of wolf credits, it should be more common on the first 15 tiers or something, that way there will be some usefull stuff for the new players.

overall this system is great 

And the "bUt I cOuLd GeT StUfF fAsTeR" crowd conveniently forgets that while sure, it might take 10 minutes to do a potato alert, it could be weeks or months before you see one when you happen to be online. Just over 400 days and I've only seen it a couple times outside of gifts of the lotus.

vor einer Stunde schrieb (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA:

And the "bUt I cOuLd GeT StUfF fAsTeR" crowd conveniently forgets that while sure, it might take 10 minutes to do a potato alert, it could be weeks or months before you see one when you happen to be online. Just over 400 days and I've only seen it a couple times outside of gifts of the lotus.

Now you need Weeks to get enough wolf creds to buy one 😄 So no real change. The time you need to farm the wolf creds you could sell prime trash or sets to buy at least 5 of them. Lower Prices, give mor wolf creds and put the old alerts addional to the NW to do list and you would get a System which nearly pleases all persons. There was no need for NW to replace the old alerts (Plus the bonus xp for tasks in Missions are gone. Its no big loss but a loss too) Oh and they should add some more usefull rewards except the u forma/Forma/Kuva.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Lysithea.Nya:

I just want to ask you, do you have a job?

I know its not at me, but what does having a job or not to do with this opinion?
I for example never let the game dictate me my shedule of how and what to play (not like you could play at work). And I felt more rewarded from the old system over NW. Mostly cause many of the milestones are outer useless crap just to have more milestones at all. I bought 1 or 2 potatos over the whole event time. 1 time nitain (just to have what I spend back) and maybe 1 aura not sure about this anymore. If I dont count the 3 Forma (which I needed to pay again for a challange btw) and the Kuva (which sadly wasnt enough to get a good roll for my tombfinger) I got nothing of worth from NW while I did tasks which wouldnt interest me at all (not that they did only cause I needed to do them). So I understand people preffering the old alerts way too good.