Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

April 2019 Riven Disposition Updates

[DE]Connor

like i said earlier i understand the need to balance between all hundreds of weapons we have now BUT 

hundreds of weapons and rising and soon archguns will be here and still we have 90 limit riven??! 

if the intention is to keep changing riven stats every 3 months then i don't see any reason for me to waste time and money for any riven at all 

we spend 1 hour to get 10-15k kuva just to waste em all in 3 or 4 clicks then repeat it again and again and again and then,  nerf the weapon riven stats ?! that doesn't seem right to me 

3 minutes ago, lainverse said:

He's kinda wrong, but how exactly Rubico or Lanka are OP and needed that nerf to their rivens? They are relevan like in... 1 single place in the entire game. Have you every seen anyone using them anywhere outside Eidolons? Well, maybe in the Exploiter fight, but their stats there are irrelevant.

They hit like a truck without a riven, and with one they can easily shoot through hordes of enemies and make them explode via gas. Negative impact rivens do crazy stuff, so I can see how in even regular play they are still to strong.

I just want to say thanks for screwing over more weapons that don’t need a change . How about instead of buffing/nerfing primaries and secondaries how bout finish melee 3.0 change melee riven dispositions then go back to the guns? This change was completely unnecessary. Also by nerfing the lanka/ rubico you make eidolon hunting a bit longer now 

4 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

Even after accounting for increased popularity due to newness, their usage stats dwarfed most other weapons by a massive degree.

TBH everyone saw how powerful the kitguns were the day they came out and yet DE seem to be surprised by their popularity. They are more powerful than majority of all the guns in the game, secondary and primary, of course they are crazy popular lol.

DE Pls don't murder certain rivens because they're useful in niche places, just because some sniper rivens enable eidostomping speaks to a need to change eidolons, not the guns themselves 😛

It's hard to invest in a riven for a lower-tier weapon you enjoy when later down the line it's inevitably going to get a prime or a buff that invalidates your work put towards rolling a riven to make it good. I've had this rubi riven long since before the sniper reworks and I feel punished for having not known they, or Rubico Prime, was coming.

Spoiler

unknown.png?width=190&height=300

19 minutes ago, (NSW)TeddyTalks said:

They hit like a truck without a riven, and with one they can easily shoot through hordes of enemies and make them explode via gas. Negative impact rivens do crazy stuff, so I can see how in even regular play they are still to strong.

Have you ever seen anyone actually playing like this? I can imagine someone doing this in a coordinated squad in some arbitration mission, but I haven't seen anyone doing this ever because most of the time all you need is Ignis Wraith or Saryn with a good stick.

Ill only use the arca plasmor no matter the disposition you give it DE...im a loyal fan of the gun and even if you nerf it into a completely unusable weapon that fires backwards and kills the player ill STILL use it over every single weapon...so sure keep nerfing idc ill stay loyal and screw you formula up 😛

I don't understand the people here saying that Rubico/Prime is only good in one spot. I've been using it constantly in every mission type since I got it. Doesn't even matter that my Riven has negative damage vs Infested, it still does the job. Sortie modifiers don't matter either. Grineer augmented armour? Doesn't matter, I have a Rubico. Corpus augmented shields? Rubico. Physical/Elemental enhancement? Rubico.

3 minutes ago, MisterHalt said:

I don't understand the people here saying that Rubico/Prime is only good in one spot. I've been using it constantly in every mission type since I got it. Doesn't even matter that my Riven has negative damage vs Infested, it still does the job. Sortie modifiers don't matter either. Grineer augmented armour? Doesn't matter, I have a Rubico. Corpus augmented shields? Rubico. Physical/Elemental enhancement? Rubico.

It does what it's meant to. It smacks hard targets. In turn, it struggles with crowds, by nature of being a sniper rifle. Considering Warframe is a game of huge crowds, the reload, small mag, and fire rate make it poor for the majority of the game's content when compared to other options that don't have these drawbacks.

As an aside, -dmg to infested is considered a popular negative for exactly that reason, Infested have no form of damage mitigation whatsoever outside of ancient auras and the occasional odd armor buff from a swarm moa. Almost anything can kill them relatively easily.

4 minutes ago, MisterHalt said:

Wow, I found this guy using Rubico everywhere! I mean I'm bringing it into every second mission myself, but never ever used because Catchmoon whrecks everything way before I have to switch to Rubico. I bringing it exactly to find that exact moment when I'll need it.

1 minute ago, lainverse said:

Wow, I found this guy using Rubico everywhere! I mean I'm bringing it into every second mission myself, but never ever used because Catchmoon whrecks everything way before I have to switch to Rubico. I bringing it exactly to find that exact moment when I'll need it.

Same here, I take my Rubico everywhere and use it when it's necessary only.

Howdy DE!

Firstly I love the game and all of that stuff... I typically like the way the dev team handles balance issues... The coptering / parkour system is a great example of that, etc etc etc...

One thing I'd like to note, balance passes with nerfs are cool in most types of games.  In looters however, it's a slap in the face to your player base.  If someone spends a year farming for the perfect gun/sword/riven/whatever and the dev team figures out they screwed up and couldn't figure out how to balance the game the first time, and then nerf it... You effectively just wasted that persons year.  I personally find this to be completely disrespectful of peoples time in the best case, and in the worst case it's completely disrespectful of their wallet.

I have seriously stopped playing Blizzard games entirely because of the way they handled balances in Diablo 3 (Don't even get me started).  Not just a game, the entire studio.  At least at some point they realized that a real money market in a looter game with the way it was handled was BS (though it took a year or two).  DE isn't close to that level of frustration (for me personally) but these things can, and do happen.

I mean... it's one thing if a mechanic is just released and there hasn't been a lot of time on it.  Sure then, nerf and balance away!  It's something completely different with the system you have here though.  This is a system that's been in place well over the year I've been playing, and probably even longer!  That being said, sometimes -- like with the nuke trinity build -- things slip through, I get that, and every time you guys screw up on game balance I'm not expecting that you completely re-balance the rest of the game based upon that. 

I highly suggest that you just factor the riven disposition into the weapons damage potential and use that to determine MR (or figure out some means to statically allocate dispositions).  For example if you want a Vectis Prime equivalent weapon with a high dispo just make it MR 18 or something.  If you have 2 weapons at MR 18 and wonder why those are the only 2 weapons used.... If people what to roll a riven 300 times to get it right let them do it!  I mean out of the 350+ weapons in the game you should be able to create enough diversity at the end game.

Conversely, I happen to notice that the way you are doing this (changing dispos after a new prime is announced/released) basically creates a lot of churn in the riven market to where new weapons will get inflated prices for awhile.  I'm not saying the company is doing this on purpose because it affects plat sales or anything, but they should realize that this happens and adjust dispos well before there is market insight into the upcoming gear.

Sorry for the long overly negative post.  I just needed to vent a bit.  I'll promptly go off now and buy my 6th Prime access in a row... and who knows... I may pick up a new riven 😛 For the record, I don't buy prime access because I actually need anything in game any longer.  I'm MR 25 and I have most every item in the game already (including rivens for every gun I like).  I do it to support this company because I'm generally appreciative of the game and the community.

I hope the team figures out how to not have rivens universally hated for various reasons.

1 minute ago, MojoSA said:

TBH everyone saw how powerful the kitguns were the day they came out and yet DE seem to be surprised by their popularity. They are more powerful than majority of all the guns in the game, secondary and primary, of course they are crazy popular lol.

Thing is, 0.8 Catchmoon nerf wont change the fact that 3-4 forma no riven Catchmoon will clear anything on the star chart and sortie level. It's the actual endgame that gets the hit - like 200lvl arbitration enemies. I got my riven off the devstream, got close to top tier CC/Multi/Toxin/-zoom on first roll and grinded my ass out for 2 weeks like mad just to build it and now it was partially taken away. That hurts. Not the fact that it's a nerf, the fact that it's a spit in the players face.

Like I got an Akjagara riven drop awhile ago, farmed the gun like 2 or 3 days ago, put 4 forma, rolled a riven 22 times to get close to top cc/cd/cold/-corpus stats yesterday and, suddenly, Akjagara users all other the place! Haven't seen a single one for months lol. It's still a beast, still shreds, not much has changed, but, like, why?

I understand Catchmoon nerf, it's OP as hell without rivens, but that thing is insanely hard to get thanks to the time-gating. You don't see many MR10s with Catchmoon.

Ignis, hell, I got a riven for it, rolled a few times for decent stats, even got myself a free Wraith, still can't force myself to use it because it's boring and stupid as hell, don't even know why I put 4 formas in it. And not endgame viable by any means. I see Ignis Wraith sooooo much on like really low MRs it really deserves the nerf, that's the most overused weapon in the game.

Last time I saw Tigris Prime with same 1/5 dispo? I dunno, once a week maybe. Not that I think TP needs rivens at all, it's just a funny thing to compare.

1/5 Staticor - how many of them do we see now? Not really endgame viable, not overused in recent times, not even a slight buff.

Supra hurts aswell. I agree, I see it sometimes, but that change? No way, it's not a popular weapon by any means. Thankfully my -puncture riven still shreds 160lvl armor.

What about things like Exergis, for example? It's so deep beyond grind-gate, it's really uncomfortable to use without sacrificing damage or using specific frames like Harrow or Chroma, you never see it in a game, and my riven for it is still 3/5. The logic is genius.

Not even gonna talk about snipers nerf. Too much has been said before me.

I think changes to rivens should be made not solely on the popularity of the weapon across the board, but also on usage at actually hard content like high level endless missions. That's what rivens are actiually for. Not to clear the star chart.

4 hours ago, (XB1)DefiIading said:

You’ve basically spit in the face of the community that stood by you guys  

No they haven't. Rivens were never meant to be set in stone, they're supposed to change with time. They're doing what they're supposed to do. If you don't like that system, you don't even have to interact with it. Even for Eidolon hunts, you don't need a riven.

Did you just ignore all the dispositions that got buffs? There are way more green weapons that red in that list, just at a glance. The whole point is for less used weapons to be brought up to a higher level. I'm very sorry your Rubico riven got nerfed and now your eidolon hunt will take 3 seconds longer, but to call that spitting in your face is just laughable. Balance is good.

So what I am getting from this post is there is no point to rivens because if you have something is even descent it's going to get nerfed. So here is my question to DE whats the point of working to put rivens on my weapons if their all crap? I left warframe for two years over weapons being nerfed ones that I worked hard to make them nice. If DE is going to nerf all the weapons to crap I think they should compensate those who get nerfed in some way. Like we get back all the forma's we used  on those weapons because to me this is like getting slapped in face and its very rude to put something to crap that someone worked hard on.

Also how do you think those who spent plat on those rivens are going to feel? Do you think that after you keep nerfing stuff that people will want to buy plat from you to buy rivens? Maybe you should put that in your business model and see how that goes?

So the more players use a weapon, the higher the probability of its riven getting nerfed, so, people invest their time on a certain riven, because they know it just works and considering how long it can take to hit a good spot on a riven.....ouch, only to find out later that it's getting nerfed.... Big no DE... Big no....

I mean, this type of stuff isn't even going to be used on PvP.... Why the nerfs? Seriously, if this was a PvP game, I would totally understand, but on a PvE game...?

I invest my time on this game to always be one step ahead than what I was previous, not to go back.

Archived