The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Another part of the POE Remaster: Economy Remaster Lite

[DE]Rebecca

14 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Replaced Arcane Blueprints with Arcanes in Quills Offerings meaning that Arcanes no longer need to be built.
- Replaced Arcane Blueprints with Arcanes in Hok's Offerings meaning that Arcanes no longer need to be built.

Should make them more expensive to balance that out maybe.

9 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Many of these changes make the entire Plains of Eidolon system extremely easy.

Will players be refunded the investment they put into this? Farming hundreds of Sentirum/Nyth/Shards/Fish/Standing took quite a chunk of time...

I am reading these proposed changes and it seems Fortuna is bleeding into Plains.

Yes that is the point of these changes, the long-awaited elevation of Cetus economy stuff to Fortuna standards. 😀

9 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Will players be refunded the investment they put into this? Farming hundreds of Sentirum/Nyth/Shards/Fish/Standing took quite a chunk of time...

I am reading these proposed changes and it seems Fortuna is bleeding into Plains.

What's wrong with you? All of these changes are only positive, your fun isn't taken away from you.

vor 13 Minuten schrieb Voltage:

Nothing wrong with that, they lessen the grind by alot. And why should they refund anything? Everything is subject to change, dont be so entitled please.

7 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

They don't - I'm sitting on about 10 myself. Will keep you posted if that changes.

I really hope this changes, I'm sitting on 28 Bp's currently. That's 350K standing wasted unless I still grind out the boat load of materials for them. I hope Breath of Eidolon gets easier to farm too. That's 280 breath or 140 drops I'll need

Just now, Kylo. said:

Should make them more expensive to balance that out maybe.

That's a good change man, Cetus is outdated and everything is a grindfest. There is no reason to kick the bucket and make it more painful - they are leveling with Venus, and is good. I'm more worried about the dozens of BP i have and when the changes hit the game, i'm left with them untouched (like, at least reduce drastically the cost and time for them as irrelevant items only hoarders will care about).

1 minute ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

That's my plan. I was building a set the last few days but I'm not going to argue with something that makes my life easier.

Indeed. I just hope there's something else in the works in order to balance it out without nerfing it. We only have to spam OP mode 3 times when you're using 2 of them and you're back at full health with most frames, so this is a huge survivability boost.

14 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Of course not.

As usual, players invested time is not respected. This is not even a surprise anymore which is why I just refuse to do anything with even the slightest hint of grind or time sink in the game anymore. 

I know eventually everything will become easier without any effort on my part.

Having farmed and grinded to build the full set of operator cosmetics, all of the operator and amp arcanes, and about half of the zaw arcanes, I have 2 comments to make:-

1) I'm glad others after me won't have to go through all of that!

2) Can we get an Operator TShirt that says "I survived the old Wisp/Gem/Breath/Fish grind and all I got was this lousy TShirt!" please?

personally not sold on the changes from wisp to gems in the building costs... wisps you could dedicatedly and reliably farm, gems is rng behind rng... really not sure about this...

on the other hand, i really hope that already bought arcane blueprints from cetus/fortuna will be converted to the respective arcanes after all... stockpiled several of those so i can easily see which ones i still need to buy...

17 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

- Replaced Bait Blueprints with Baits in Fisher Hai-Luk’s Offerings. This means Baits are no longer craft-ception with other fish parts and can now just be bought outright for Standing.
- Reusable Fish Bait Blueprints can now be sold for 100,000 Credits. Relics of a different time for some, easy Credits for others.

But the already owned bait blueprints will still be usable, right? I liked being able to make a lot of rare baits without spending the daily standing I'd rather use on Zaw blueprints.

19 minutes ago, Voltage said:

And thank God for that because it means DE actually has learnt (even if it's only something) what a tedious and terrible thing they made the exciting feature PoE was for Warframe back when it was presented.

Like dear sweet mom, absolutely EVERYTHING needed resources (that at the same time would be from the very activity you wanted the upgrade for). I got a big warning sign there on my brain saying "Nope.". Maybe that's why I can stand Fortuna far better.

Now there's another topic at hand with a very obvious ease of the requirements, and I think it's pretty true that people who went through all the trouble will feel left behind in the shaft. I am not sure what could be proper compensation here, but I think *something* *anything that feels a nice reward* should be given to players that meet certin requirements. But I have no idea what.

il y a 17 minutes, [DE]Rebecca a dit :

They don't - I'm sitting on about 10 myself. Will keep you posted if that changes.

So on top of screwing everyone who grinded the normal way by making everything easier, you also shaft those who prefarmed bps to hold on to until they wanted to build them? Seems like quite the rush of bad decisions all in one go. 

On top of that, any plans to at least partially compensate those poor sods that actually played the game onstead of waiting the next economics shift, or is this gonna be the next Exploiter debacle where i felt i was literally being the subject of a practical joke by both being drowned in resources i don't have any use for and devaluating any kind of grind done beforehand. 

Also, is the bait change gonna be followed by a spawn change like in fortuna? Cause the plains' fishes have terrible spawnrates, to the point where the vallis can be farmed without buying a single bait at a comfortable pace, while in the plains a similar endeavour is an excruciating fight against ludicrous spawn rates. 

Sorry for the negativity but this kind of  change really need more thought and/or a compensation mechanic. Cmon guys. You were known as the industry standard for respecting player investment a couple of years back (steel charge and legendary cores, forma bundles for major meta buffs/nerfs rounds etc). Don't do this lightly. 

I love the changes. However, I also feel that wasting so much time deep into it sucks. But well, we were sacrifices for the new generations I guess.

However, I'd REALLY like to be able to resell the already bought blueprints for standing OR get them turned to arcanes as well. If it's possible, please do. I've read the posts and this is the biggest complain for us that are halfway there still.

Thank you! I was starting to lose hope with the graphic remaster near the corner for an economy balance to happen, I'm glad it actually happened.

If Arcane BP's can't be turned into fully built Arcanes, perhaps there could be some way to exchange them for Standing? I spent quite a long time getting 10 of every BP and hadn't gotten round to actually building them, would be a bit disheartening to have wasted all that Standing and time

Archived