Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Another part of the POE Remaster: Economy Remaster Lite

[DE]Rebecca

Hi all -

If you've been watching our Streams you'll know we plan to remaster the visuals of the Plains of Eidolon. You can expect this hopefully today on PC (stay tuned).

As a part of the Remaster Spirit, we have done a 'Economy Remaster Lite' on aspects of Cetus!

We are letting you know a head of time to plan or tell your Clanmates - information is everything :). Leave comments below once you've checked out the details. Here we go:

POE / CETUS ECONOMY REMASTER LITE:

Now that we have returned to Cetus and the Plains of Eidolon with a visual remaster, we are applying some Economy Remaster Lite changes in an effort to apply our continued learnings. These are essentially the improvements in the Fortuna economy, applied in our debut Open World of Cetus.

- Replaced Arcane Blueprints with Arcanes in Quills Offerings meaning that Arcanes no longer need to be built.
- Replaced Arcane Blueprints with Arcanes in Hok's Offerings meaning that Arcanes no longer need to be built.
- Changed Standing costs of Arcanes (lowest tier went from 2000 to 2500, highest tier went from 12.5K to 10K).
- Added sell price to Fish Meat (100 Credits per unit). Selling them makes sense to add for inventory purists as changes come for their uses.
- Replaced Bait Blueprints with Baits in Fisher Hai-Luk’s Offerings. This means Baits are no longer craft-ception with other fish parts and can now just be bought outright for Standing.
- Reusable Fish Bait Blueprints can now be sold for 100,000 Credits. Relics of a different time for some, easy Credits for others.
- Zaw Handles now use Fish Oil instead of Fish Scales. Amount normalized to 50 units.
- Normalized Fish Part costs across Amp Part Blueprints - some had 5 rare parts, some had 2, now there's 3 needed for all.
- Removed Cetus Wisp costs from Operator Armour Blueprints, and replaced them with Eidolon Gems.
- Removed Cetus Wisps from Amp Prism Blueprint, and replaced them with Fish Parts or Eidolon Gems.
- Removed Fish Scales costs from Operator Armour Blueprints, and replaced them with Fish Parts.
- Reduced Standing cost of Cetus Wisps from Quills Offerings.
- Fish Oil can now be sold for 100 Credits.

Generally speaking, the Cetus Wisp changes are just to lessen the demand on Cetus Wisp runs overall.

The Update notes will have final details - check back for those later. Everything here is subject to change. Change is the name of the game - thank you for all feedback on our economies and for being receptive to greater change to Warframe for the benefit of all. Us early adopters know the drill.

IMPORTANT EDIT:
We have found a way to convert all outstanding dormant Cetus Arcane Blueprints in inventories into the crafted Arcanes on Login when the update ships. This will happen automatically. Any builds in progress will be left alone to finish. This means if, for example, you have 1 x Magus Elevate Blueprint, it will convert into a 1 x Magus Elevate on Login. This applies to Exodia and Virtuos too.

I understand Plains of Eidolon is on Earth, but these changes take away from the gameplay. Fortuna's acquired resources really don't have much of a use anywhere after getting your favorite Kitgun + Kitgun MR Fodder, K-Drives for MR, Amp prisms for MR + a Certus Brace + cosmetics if you didn't want to buy them with Platinum. Plains of Eidolon had the uniqueness of going back to farm resources to get Arcane Enhancements. I recently finished getting all the Vox Solaris Arcane Enhancements (x1 Virtuous and x2 Magus) and it was just a time gate of multiple months of turning in Crisma Toroid. There was no depth into acquiring Vox Arcanes whereas Plains of Eidolon forced the player to build them. I was hoping Plains of Eidolon set a precedant after Trials Arcane Enhancements, but it seems Fortuna did instead.

Will players be refunded the investment they put into this? For consistency, players were refunded the last time Arcanes were reduced as per Hotfix 22.3.4 on November 16th, 2017:

Changes:

• Reduced the Magus Husk from 7100 to 710 Cryotic per item.
  • Reduced the Magus Elevate from 2300 to 230 Oxium per craft.

*We are running a script to refund the above differences to as many people as possible, but we only have 30 days of history (Since October 17). Apologies to those missed but we're confident we'll get as many people as possible. This script digs back through time quite a bit, and we expect it to run over night and for refunds to be given tomorrow (November 17).

A script that gives players the resources (not reputation) of these Arcane Enhancements based off their inventory of crafted versions before the mainline update would accomplish the same thing.

How about arcane blueprints already existing in our foundries? Do those get converted into built arcanes? (Pleasesayyes. Pleasesayyes. Pleasesayyes. Pleasesayyes...)

EDIT:

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

IMPORTANT EDIT:
We have found a way to convert all outstanding dormant Cetus Arcane Blueprints in inventories into the crafted Arcanes on Login when the update ships. This will happen automatically. Any builds in progress will be left alone to finish. This means if, for example, you have 1 x Magus Elevate Blueprint, it will convert into a 1 x Magus Elevate on Login. This applies to Exodia and Virtuos too.

THANK YOU!

Just now, Soulless_Spartan said:

How about arcane blueprints already existing in our foundries? Do those get converted into built arcanes? (Pleasesayyes. Pleasesayyes. Pleasesayyes. Pleasesayyes...)

They don't - I'm sitting on about 10 myself. Will keep you posted if that changes.

5 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

- Replaced Arcane Blueprints with Arcanes in Quills Offerings meaning that Arcanes no longer need to be built.
- Replaced Arcane Blueprints with Arcanes in Hok's Offerings meaning that Arcanes no longer need to be built.

My blueprints will became fully builded arcanes, right?

6 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Hi all -

If you've been watching our Streams you'll know we plan to remaster the visuals of the Plains of Eidolon. You can expect this hopefully today on PC (stay tuned).

As a part of the Remaster Spirit, we have done a 'Economy Remaster Lite' on aspects of Cetus!

We are letting you know a head of time to plan or tell your Clanmates - information is everything :). Leave comments below once you've checked out the details. Here we go:

POE / CETUS ECONOMY REMASTER LITE:

Now that we have returned to Cetus and the Plains of Eidolon with a visual remaster, we are applying some Economy Remaster Lite changes in an effort to apply our continued learnings. These are essentially the improvements in the Fortuna economy, applied in our debut Open World of Cetus.

- Added sell price to Fish Meat (100 Credits per unit). Selling them makes sense to add for inventory purists as changes come for their uses.
- Replaced Bait Blueprints with Baits in Fisher Hai-Luk’s Offerings. This means Baits are no longer craft-ception with other fish parts and can now just be bought outright for Standing.
- Reusable Fish Bait Blueprints can now be sold for 100,000 Credits. Relics of a different time for some, easy Credits for others.
- Zaw Handles now use Fish Oil instead of Fish Scales. Amount normalized to 50 units.
- Normalized Fish Part costs across Amp Part Blueprints - some had 5 rare parts, some had 2, now there's 3 needed for all.
- Removed Cetus Wisp costs from Operator Armour Blueprints, and replaced them with Eidolon Gems.
- Removed Cetus Wisps from Amp Prism Blueprint, and replaced them with Fish Parts or Eidolon Gems.
- Removed Fish Scales costs from Operator Armour Blueprints, and replaced them with Fish Parts.
- Reduced Standing cost of Cetus Wisps from Quills Offerings.
- Fish Oil can now be sold for 100 Credits.

Generally speaking, the Cetus Wisp changes are just to lessen the demand on Cetus Wisp runs overall.

The Update notes will have final details - check back for those later. Everything here is subject to change. Change is the name of the game - thank you for all feedback on our economies and for being receptive to greater change to Warframe for the benefit of all. Us early adopters know the drill.

Two comments:

1. Holy snell.

2. Looks like Operators are going to be a *very* big deal in the near-ish future.

1 minute ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

They don't - I'm sitting on about 10 myself. Will keep you posted if that changes.

I suggest updating the costs to a few Control Modules only, we all have too many of those :3

Thanks for the heads up Rebb, I believe now ranking up in Cetus will probably feel like less of a pain (can you guys believe I did Fortuna in a heartbeat once I could, but never brought myself to enjoy PoE once?).

4 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

How will this affect already owned Blueprints?  Will they be swapped for Arcanes or remain as they are and still need to be built?  Will the same apply to Nakak's Plague Star Arcanes?

(I've been sitting on 10 of each of Nakak's Arcanes since the first Plague Star and never got round to building them!)

Just now, [DE]Rebecca said:

Good to know, I have been slowly trying to build up the hundreds of wisps I would have needed for each blueprint set I had already grabbed form Hok and Quill. I am wondering though, what are Cetus Wisps primarily used for now?

3 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

@[DE]Rebecca Becca, can you guys please leave already existing Blueprints that people have untouched for collection sake? I keep a copy of every BP in my collection and would hate to lose any. :<

9 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

What about the players who already crafted them?

Just now, NightmareT12 said:

Make it a few Control Modules only, we all have too many of those :3

Thanks for the heads up Rebb, I believe now ranking up in Cetus will probably feel like less of a pain (can you guys believe I did Fortuna in a heartbeat once I could, but never brought myself to enjoy PoE once?).

Why is this so me?? I did Fortuna instantly, but never really cared about Cetus rankings for some reason.

13 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

NICE!!!
it was really painful to grind every single fish in plains of eidolon
it took me almost a month to finish one set of magus elevate.
as long as it make the game better i don't mind

13 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

thats a pretty nice tweak

Archived