Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Too much change is killing the game

killerKronos23

Before i go in depth please be aware i'm in no way blaming DE only stating my own beliefs/opinions.

As the title suggests I feel DE is killing Warframe with some of the recent changes made. DE seems to be "OVER" Doing it, and by that I mean nerfs and changes that effect the game to a degree that it's no longer "Fun" to play. 

My reason for posting this could be i'm in a state of burn-out, but also my concern for this game and its future.

Lets start with the most recent changes, melee 2.99999 or 3.0 and night wave. The melee rework is a good idea but it's not ideal for certain weapons, mostly pole arms/staffs. With quick attack gone pole arms are very jerky compared to the "windmill" motion quick attack. the frame pauses on the third strike if you don't use the pause combo causing a opening for mobs. along with this you auto block making certain combos unusable EX: tempo royal block.

Night Wave

It sounds good on paper until you realize its not that good. Yes making resources available all the time is good but when you lock it behind "limited" credits this defeats the purpose of availability. 

Honestly im kinda annoyed to the the point where i'm going to blow a fuse, so im asking anyone who reads this to comment your own issue's so DE sees this and what they are doing realizing their mistakes.        

Edited by Letter13
Title edited to be a bit less clickbait-y, also moving the thread to General Feedback.
  • Like 6

Melee 3.0 is meant to be with stance overhaul, but somehow they managed to implemented it without stance overhaul... lul

And the nightwave, this is "first time experiment" or such kind of things and obviously would get a improvement in next season... or not, and we could see this mess again.

Just now, Test-995 said:

Melee 3.0 is meant to be with stance overhaul, but somehow they managed to implemented it without stance overhaul... lul

Guessing it’s because we aren’t actually at Melee 3.0, just 2.9 at the moment. They have a lot of aspects they are planning on changing but with so much on their plate who can say when we’ll get the whole thing finalized?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OmegaZero said:

Guessing it’s because we aren’t actually at Melee 3.0, just 2.9 at the moment. They have a lot of aspects they are planning on changing but with so much on their plate who can say when we’ll get the whole thing finalized?

I mean, they could implemented it all at once.

4 minutes ago, Test-995 said:

True but if I recall correctly they wanted to release it in phases to gather feedback for each series of changes. Which is nice but it’s also difficult to judge an incomplete system so there are many complaints that are without merit. For example complaints about mods that don’t work with the new system, when they are already planning to do a pass on melee mods.

50 minutes ago, killerKronos23 said:

Lets start with the most recent changes, melee 2.99999 or 3.0 and night wave. The melee rework is a good idea but it's not ideal for certain weapons, mostly pole arms/staffs. With quick attack gone pole arms are very jerky compared to the "windmill" motion quick attack. the frame pauses on the third strike if you don't use the pause combo causing a opening for mobs. along with this you auto block making certain combos unusable EX: tempo royal block.

You know you can just remove the stance of the weapon and it will only have those basic attacks they had with the old Melee system right?

14 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

You know you can just remove the stance of the weapon and it will only have those basic attacks they had with the old Melee system right?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty certain the default non-stance animations aren't the quick melee animations.

Which are the actual issue here, since they're most of what made melee smooth and fluid.

1 hour ago, Test-995 said:

Implementing EVERY change all at once would have been a huge time consuming project with zero player feedback during the process, as DE mentioned in one of their Dev Streams. 

Smaller updates that they can monitor for feedback and bugs is better. I mean, the first day on PC broke controller bindings, so adding more features would have made everything even more complicated.

1 minute ago, (NSW)Sk0rp1on said:

Implementing EVERY change all at once would have been a huge time consuming project with zero player feedback during the process, as DE mentioned in one of their Dev Streams. 

Smaller updates that they can monitor for feedback and bugs is better. I mean, the first day on PC broke controller bindings, so adding more features would have made everything even more complicated.

Okay then, they could do stance overhaul first.

Just now, Letter13 said:

Thread cleaned. Please do not derail the thread with off-topic discussion.

Kinda like asking a bowling ball to not fall due to gravity.

On topic: Warframe is best defined as a "Game in Progress", this usually means that things change over time, hell I wasn't around for the early days and even I know that it looks nothing like what it was, some accept change, some resist it, some are in between; but outside of DE doing something outrageously insane or shutting the game down completely, I don't think this game will die anytime soon.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Don't tell him. I need that salt for the popcorn.

Anyways, DE is not killing their game.  It's fine, it's in fact healthier than it's ever been.  IT may not be where YOU want it to be, and that's fine, opinions are your own, but... We really shouldn't be accusing DE of something so overly dramatic based on a handful of opinions.

Edited by Letter13
Quoted post removed

2 hours ago, killerKronos23 said:

Yes making resources available all the time is good but when you lock it behind "limited" credits this defeats the purpose of availability. 

My only issue with it right there.

Being able to choose a couple items every few weeks is a massive hit to my progress.

Before:  If it's up I can grind for it.  Sucked to miss things due to stuff like work and sleep, but my days off I could push anything that was up.

After:  Do I take the BP or the aura?  Do I save them until next week in case something I can really use shows up?  Cosmetics and resources are a straight nogo, they ( currently) have no combat value to me.

Not having any issues at all with the melee changes once I learned the flow.  Half step pause here and there, chain movement with animation locks, switch to gun mid-swing with my zaw to avoid gap... the never expect a shotgun to the face while being hit with a polearm lol

2 hours ago, killerKronos23 said:

Before i go in depth please be aware i'm in no way blaming DE only stating my own beliefs/opinions.

As the title suggests I feel DE is killing Warframe with some of the recent changes made. DE seems to be "OVER" Doing it, and by that I mean nerfs and changes that effect the game to a degree that it's no longer "Fun" to play. 

Disclaimer and first sentence contradict eachother, I think. 😛

3 hours ago, killerKronos23 said:

My reason for posting this could be i'm in a state of burn-out, but also my concern for this game and its future.

Night Wave

It sounds good on paper until you realize its not that good. Yes making resources available all the time is good but when you lock it behind "limited" credits this defeats the purpose of availability. 

Honestly im kinda annoyed to the the point where i'm going to blow a fuse, so im asking anyone who reads this to comment your own issue's so DE sees this and what they are doing realizing their mistakes.        

Maybe if we got more currency per milestone with every milestone it would alleviate things a little, or at least make it so they don't expire.

• Like 1