Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wisp Review/Early feedback

ShikiRen

1 hour ago, F8ted said:

Personally I just went with a flavor and ran with it. Based of synonyms of "Wisp". For sure they could push the envelope on what "Wisp" means, look at Garuda, except for her making bird noises, she has very little to do with what "Garuda" is to like a whole religion. She has flavor and we could argue all day how easy or difficult her kit is, and how much of a shame it is her 4 just kind of wrecks everything making her 1,2,3 an interesting survival minigame. Realistically I could see all sorts of directions they could go with Wisp, portals was mentioned by the design team, so was a "Wisp dimension" she summons things from. I've watched every warframe be released, it's not as though I don't already have plenty of options and has litterally 0 to do with the spitting image of that description we are guaranteed to get anyway. Hell, I went with her passive as a staple to build around. It is the only one universally desired. Now of course that's not to say they couldn't have made her "wisp of the sun" in the end, hell she is 75% sun power already, but then mechanically she is still in trouble. I wonder how much of this could have been the Ember rework, perhaps pushing that back. 

If DE said she is a "lightbender" and simply made her 1 into balls of light to pick up or flying balls of light or whatever, do you even think anyone will complain? Her 1 would be a ball of light, her 2 would be duplicate of light, her 3 would be a flash of light, her 4 would be a beam of light and her passive would be bend light around her.

TBH the Portals theme seems pretty dumb when DE could have just said "she protecc she attacc she bend light".

2 hours ago, Datam4ss said:

If DE said she is a "lightbender" and simply made her 1 into balls of light to pick up or flying balls of light or whatever, do you even think anyone will complain? Her 1 would be a ball of light, her 2 would be duplicate of light, her 3 would be a flash of light, her 4 would be a beam of light and her passive would be bend light around her.

TBH the Portals theme seems pretty dumb when DE could have just said "she protecc she attacc she bend light".

Agreed. 4/5 of her skill doesnt look portal themed at all and the remaining 1/5 is a stretch..

IMO the theme they stated fit neither her appearance nor her skillset. floating in mid-air, face wrapped in flowing cloth, feet missing, that's an archtypical ghost, not really something I would relate to portals. If like there was open circular portals at her ankles... sure I could buy that, but her appearance simply "is" a ghost, and thus that's her theme in my head.

If I made a warframe that looked like a wolf, and ran around on all fours... If I then said its theme was "Mathmatics" and gave it skills relating to set up turrets and shooting missiles. I have a feeling people would say its theme was "a wolf frame" and not "A math frame that just so happens to be a wolf."... And they would call me insane for making that warframe.

Edited by Sekan

1 hour ago, Datam4ss said:

As far as the aesthetic goes? I think people would be generally okay with it. I think the kit also suffers mechanically, but visually sure, that would work as well. The design points I outlined before should still be maintained. She ought to be a welcome part of the team. She has to do whatever job she is "best" at as well, but not better, than those that already exist. She has to be able to fulfill more than one role. Sure it is currently well received when a warframe is able to wipe Sanctuary/Survival/Interception quickly, and scale so as not to fall off in a few rounds. This has not always been the case. As DE pushes more enemies with specific weak-points into the game the ability to nuke a whole room is losing luster. That's again not to say they wont still have a place, but when/if they are less useful, she needs to be able to bring something to the table.

Many warframes of course could use this balance treatment, and it is by no measure of the imagination easy. People get attached to a mechanic because it has been on the warframe forever, even if it is mechanically terrible. Look at World on Fire. I promise you this is what DE means by "Ember Rework". This wasn't even her original ability, but was added because she was effectively too tanky. Instead the philosophy was she should be a damage frame, so out went overheat, in went the most notorious ability to hit starchart, until Mend/Maim. World on Fire only ever gets so good, even if they let it auto blind rage. Maim uses a damage type that stacks, ignores armor, stores your allies damage, restore energy while channeling, and can ohcrap button erase the room. Strictly better has never been so aptly used, but Ember isn't hurting in the "generally does 90% of the damage department". She just can't, and/or doesn't need to use anything else. No reason to fireball unless augmented, no reason to fire blast even when augmented, and accelerant requires other abilities to be useful. I mean there's no reason not to use accelerant, if energy is plentiful, but since it's an unreliable buff for your team, it's really unnecessary. To contrast, Equinox can heal with that same stored energy, increase team power, increase enemy damage, put enemies to sleep, and slow enemies. Not any tool is universally useful, but they generally don't argue with the above guidelines. They are self sufficient even when are boosted by each other, work to help your team as well, and when cc is the thing (or healing whatever) she will be able to switch to mend and remain viable. 

For a light themed Wisp/arosebyanynamesmellsassweet warframe, we still would like to make sure she isn't niched into a particular role. Let's see if I can take your flavor and run with it, again for the hell of it: 

Passive

Active Camouflage: While wisp is in motion light ignores her, causing her to be invisible.

Entanglement

Wisp Harmonizes photonic energy between herself and her target, resulting in quantum entanglement. Any offense utilized by Wisp(ability/weapons) will be copied and transferred to targets, regardless of direction or distance. 

Superposition

Wisp manipulates the pilot wave, causing a superposition of her own form. While active, the copy follows it's own timeline, capable of independent action. Inherently drawn to entangled partners, the copy will prioritize those affected by entanglement. Wisp can use the ability again to switch positions any time while active. Charging the ability collapses the wave function, directing herself to a target location, and leaving her superposition in her stead. 

Unruh Effect

Wisp manipulates energy radiated my motion. Enemies moving through the field have their defenses warped, reducing any resistances(armor/elemental resistance) the longer they continue to move through it. As allies move through the field, the energy is instead added to their offensive capabilities adding bonus damage to weapons and abilities. Can be reactivated to maintain effect.

Quark Era

Wisp manipulates light so intense, it resembles conditions present shortly after the start of the Universe. Under such force, matter cannot maintain subatomic particles, dealing xxxx/xxxx/xxxx/~2000 +20%maxhp Void damage per second to targets caught in the blast. As entangled targets are destroyed, energy and health are restored to nearby allies. (otherwise like I like wisps 4 in theory, so I'm trying to keep it basically the same) 

So there. Not goth anymore I guess, but couldn't this be equally awesome on something that actually looks like it has anything to do with light?  

5 minutes ago, Sekan said:

If I made a warframe that looked like a wolf, and ran around on all fours... If I then said its theme was "Mathmatics" and gave it skills relating to set up turrets and shooting missiles. I have a feeling people would say its theme was "a wolf frame" and not "A math frame that just so happens to be a wolf."... And they would call me insane for making that warframe.

Garuda exists tho. Looks like a Birbframe, has the name of a Birb, controls blood and stuff. Then you have Limbo which is a tophat gentleman who folds space time, when I didn't know men in top hats can fold space.

Given DE's track record, they could make a wolf frame that bends the laws of dividing by zero to place turrets and rain missiles. It would still be legit.

38 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

Garuda exists tho. Looks like a Birbframe, has the name of a Birb, controls blood and stuff. Then you have Limbo which is a tophat gentleman who folds space time, when I didn't know men in top hats can fold space.

Given DE's track record, they could make a wolf frame that bends the laws of dividing by zero to place turrets and rain missiles. It would still be legit.

Not that I dislike Xliger, or the rest of the Zoids universe, but there should be some fictional reason as to why. That is the point Sekan and I are driving at. Limbo is based off Voodoo mythos and in particular, the Loa Papa Legba. He has of course, been warframed and then reworked, so a little bit of the flavor has diluted. Garuda is based off a holy warior from Hindu mythology who is either depicted as a giant snake eating bird, or a anthropomorphic bird warrior. When translated here, she lost virtually all recognition outside of bird noises, which again kind of seems like a shame. Yes DE should make an inspiration it's own, and given proper care, they can release a warframe that doesn't have an identity crisis and one usable ability. 

Especially when DE can do "on theme" warframes easily. Chroma is an elemental dragon and his abilities feel on-flavor for that. Mesa the gunner warframe has thematic abilities and looks the part, Ash looks like an effin ninja and his abilities support it. They more often "hit" the themes than they miss. Its easy to point at the misses and act as if the hits dont exist.

Garuda is actually a pretty damning comparison to Wisp. Theme aside Garuda's abilities fit together extremely well. Wisp is on the opposite spectrum where her abilities feel disjointed and random.

1 and 3 are outright chained together. This hints at some set up -> execute type of damage dealing strat but then she also has a random beam nuke as well as a backup I guess?

DE probably realized that chaining 1 and 3 together will makes for a really hollow kit outside of stationary objective missions. Hence why they overloaded her 2nd ability so much (it teleports, it taunts and it CCs) so the kit would feel "full" despite the limited amount of abilities.

In my humble opinion Wisp's 2nd ability should be split. One way to do this is to make the ghost faster and cc stuff it flies over which will make it better teleport and CC. The decoy is then moved to a new ability on 3 with additional functionality or replaced completely.

Wisp's beam should then become her main source of damage and given synergy with other abilities and especially her 1. That way she would be a bit more mobile and yet retain her set up -> execute gameplay.

Once the gameplay aspects fit together working out the theme is just a matter of adding flavor to the FX. Example: Ghost chills enemies it flies over and the new 3rd ability recinforces this part of the theme. Meanwhile the synergy between 1 and 4 reinforce the portal theme (ie: shooting into 1 opens multiple portals creating AoE burning field).

Edited by LocoWithGun

On 2019-04-05 at 3:40 PM, Darena_Bryant said:

I've seen people ranting about how terrible she is; just a clone of all the bad things from other frames.

I've seen people saying she's about average, and has some useful and some not so useful abilities.

I've seen people who think she's great, and who can't wait to see what they can do with her.

But I'm curious as to what people think they would have done for her if they were the ones designing her.

So I'm asking people here to show me some of your skill and list your own setup for Wisp. What abilities would she have? What passive? What stats? How would you design her, beyond her appearance and basic concept?

If you post here for this, be sure to give her four abilities, a passive, and list her base stats. And explain why your ideas for her are better overall than what she's getting. Try not to be hostile about it; I'm asking for logic and character building not, 'Because everything she currently has sucksand DE's devs are all stoopid and...!!!'

I've seen people say their friend had made a better setup for her in 30 minutes. Do you feel Wisp isn't being done justice, and you can do better? Time to step up.

Did it already. Took 30 minutes. On page 29.

Edited by (PS4)ArtPrince17

On ‎2019‎-‎04‎-‎05 at 9:40 PM, Darena_Bryant said:

I've seen people ranting about how terrible she is; just a clone of all the bad things from other frames.

I've seen people saying she's about average, and has some useful and some not so useful abilities.

I've seen people who think she's great, and who can't wait to see what they can do with her.

But I'm curious as to what people think they would have done for her if they were the ones designing her.

So I'm asking people here to show me some of your skill and list your own setup for Wisp. What abilities would she have? What passive? What stats? How would you design her, beyond her appearance and basic concept?

If you post here for this, be sure to give her four abilities, a passive, and list her base stats. And explain why your ideas for her are better overall than what she's getting. Try not to be hostile about it; I'm asking for logic and character building not, 'Because everything she currently has sucksand DE's devs are all stoopid and...!!!'

I've seen people say their friend had made a better setup for her in 30 minutes. Do you feel Wisp isn't being done justice, and you can do better? Time to step up.

You can find my idea on Page 30, I didn't give her base stats. But I imagine a similar stat line to other stealth frames. Maybe leaning more towards shields.

Something that frustrates me about a part of this community is the idea that each new frame or weapon must be "better" than content already existing in the game. This has been a topic discussed by Steve and the others already. The "power creep" aspect of this game is already out of control, as there are several frames that can literally wipe entire rooms with a single ability cast. It's also a shame to see that frames are completely ignored or deemed "bad" because they don't have the damage output capabilities of a Saryn or Equinox. Baruuk for example is a great frame with a lot going for him, but is looked down upon because his Serene Storm isn't up to par with other warframe abilities in a damage aspect. This isn't to say that there aren't frames that need some QoL or complete reworks though (Wukong, I'm looking at you), and I get that at this point in time CC is not "meta"; But you can't just discard the concept as a whole. DE is attempting to create content in the game that varies frame to frame to give different experiences when playing,  and that's what makes this game fun! Not every frame is meant to deal ridiculous amounts of damage, and each frame should have their own place in the game. I find Wisp very interesting, as she is sort of a support, and a lockdown CC type of frame (Should DE implement the numbers to make her support values viable).  Are there frames that can do CC better?, YES. But this doesn't mean that Wisp will be completely unusable, as she'll give players that enjoy the CC and support aspect of this game a different way to play. Which is what the entire game is about! It's why we're going to have 40 different frames to play! If the play style of Wisp isn't for you, then don't play her and use one the other THIRTY-NINE frames the game has to offer.  After release, if there are ways to improve Wisp, then changes can be implemented. But until we get our hands on it, let's stop demanding that things be changed...

12 minutes ago, (XB1)ReVo Dub said:

Something that frustrates me about a part of this community is the idea that each new frame or weapon must be "better" than content already existing in the game. This has been a topic discussed by Steve and the others already. The "power creep" aspect of this game is already out of control, as there are several frames that can literally wipe entire rooms with a single ability cast. It's also a shame to see that frames are completely ignored or deemed "bad" because they don't have the damage output capabilities of a Saryn or Equinox. Baruuk for example is a great frame with a lot going for him, but is looked down upon because his Serene Storm isn't up to par with other warframe abilities in a damage aspect. This isn't to say that there aren't frames that need some QoL or complete reworks though (Wukong, I'm looking at you), and I get that at this point in time CC is not "meta"; But you can't just discard the concept as a whole. DE is attempting to create content in the game that varies frame to frame to give different experiences when playing,  and that's what makes this game fun! Not every frame is meant to deal ridiculous amounts of damage, and each frame should have their own place in the game. I find Wisp very interesting, as she is sort of a support, and a lockdown CC type of frame (Should DE implement the numbers to make her support values viable).  Are there frames that can do CC better?, YES. But this doesn't mean that Wisp will be completely unusable, as she'll give players that enjoy the CC and support aspect of this game a different way to play. Which is what the entire game is about! It's why we're going to have 40 different frames to play! If the play style of Wisp isn't for you, then don't play her and use one the other THIRTY-NINE frames the game has to offer.  After release, if there are ways to improve Wisp, then changes can be implemented. But until we get our hands on it, let's stop demanding that things be changed...

My personal problem is not at all related to the power of Wisp, but to the fact that her abilities feel completely disjointed from her theme and appearance, which are also at odds with eachother. She looks like a ghost, is named after a ghostly image (Will'o'wisp)… You ould think her theme would be a ghost... But its portals... And her skills are centered around flowers/totems and the sun. If her "placing things from nowhere" is her using portals... Then Vauban is the king of portals. Mine and a lot of other peoples gripe is that we were expecting a new cool take on a stealth warframe, we we got "another" Damag and something else (support) frame.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, (XB1)ReVo Dub said:

After release, if there are ways to improve Wisp, then changes can be implemented. But until we get our hands on it, let's stop demanding that things be changed...

This right here, is a big part of why we are complaining. This takes years, much longer than people usually play the game. Some long-haul Tenno have found that DE generally responds better to changing a frame/system before it is implemented, rather than afterwards. Most warframes actually need a complete rework, but it may be easier to fix the baseline problems with the system than go one by one bandaging warframes, to only have it effective for a short while, if at all. Vauban and Ember, supposedly the next ones on the list, have already each had a remake. I complained about Ember's back then too, Vauban's basically did nothing. I said it well before in a couple of flavorful metaphors: it is easier to make a new sandwich than scrape the jelly off, and Warframes need to be a jack of all trades then a master of one. Warframes cannot have a "Place". They can be really good at stealth but must be efficient during endless missions as well. Ash has bladestorm, Loki has radial disarm, Ivara has Artemis bow. You cannot make a frame just do one specialized "thing" very well, or you had better believe there needs to be some exponential powercreep. No one will use them. This isn't something I've seen over the last year, but the last 6. I do not remotely complain about every release, but when I do (looking at khora/vacuum/titania) I am never alone. And it may take years but eventually the design team finds it's way to my treasure planet. 

@Darena_BryantCrap I was supposed to add base stats? Like guys we have literally 0 ability to test these designs. Some are awesome. Most are more thematic than the original. I made 2 totally different ability sets because someone preferred a "lightbending" wisp. There have been good points made by those alright with her kit in that we can generally trust DE to make something presentable. They have the coding, testing, and design teams capable of bringing a good game to life. The reason I even posted was to voice a concern in the kit, and felt it would in fact be rude just to say I do not like it without a reason why. I have given essays worth of reasons why. I am not a naysayer in the face of the design team. I think they wouldn't have devstreams if they weren't looking for player's input, as many of what are discussed in them are not implemented, ever. Instead they have no reason but to give us what we want, in this case it is pretty dramatically apparent. We as a communal whole could probably be nicer to them, given the wide range of suggested changes, there wasn't an obviously correct answer now was there?  

25 minutes ago, Sekan said:

Mine and a lot of other peoples gripe is that we were expecting a new cool take on a stealth warframe, we we got "another" Damage and something else (support) frame.

This. Right. Here.

On 2019-04-06 at 2:46 PM, Maka.Bones said:

I pretty much completely disagree with everyone about her 1 btw. YOU CAN TAKE THE BUFF WITH YOU. If people can't wait one second to grab it, then they don't need it. Their fault, not wisp's

Every warframe Is starting to feel the same, because every warframe is doing a slightly different thing but in the same way.... Just with different colors. Your thread is basically asking to make her feel like every other warframe. 

I don't want that. 

Sorry for the late post.

A lot of people will disagree with you, Warframe is a fast-paced game if you wanna sit in one spot with a Banshee or something like so, then that is your choice of gameplay. We all have our style of gameplay, but MOST people, don't want to back-track for anything. Just look at Tatiana and the state she's in, Shes CC/Buffs and Arcwing Mode. As for your other comment: Yeah, no. why do you think Vauban is getting a whole kit rework, Pure CC frames are not as great as they used to be.

Sorry, but it's just what it is, Warframe has become a much bigger game it was back then

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
Fixed

On 2019-04-06 at 2:44 PM, Maka.Bones said:

I agree that her 4th is better suited on ember, but I wouldn't want her to have anything like main or limbo or what other warframes already have. 

Instead of making her 4th fire based, they should just change it to radiation or void based (make her harness the power of a quasar, instead of Sunny-D)

Perhaps. Also, I just noticed my topic got merged. Great...Just hope the feedback is gonna be worth it

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
Fixed unneeded spaces

20 hours ago, (PS4)wintersfrozen said:

I don't mind the cycle threw the different casts but I can see the issue. Lots of people hate the cycle from one to another hence why I suggested (perhaps it was a different thread) a preset. Each tower has the option to give the buffs 1-3 depending on the wisps you currently have on you. The order they would be given would be 1- heath, 2 -CC, and 3-Speed. Going to each would grant you the next buff in the chain or replace which ever buff had timed out.

That feels a bit lack luster of an ability to replace what her 4 currently is. (though I will say it does sound better then the stupid laser beam so there is that.)

Wasn't talking about changing her 4.  Was saying I want her to be able to shoot her 4 at her decoy to make the decoy blow up with said effects without forcing Whisp to teleport.  It's an added thing.  it's not removing anything.

Wisp is a frame based around portals. At least that is what was said about wisp more or less.
However there is literally only one ability that even involves the mention of portals, let alone there is no in game visual to reflect that. Her kit neither fits the idea nor a kit in reality.

All of wisp's abilities seem to disjoint to form a kit, there seems to be little to no synergy to her powers.
Passive: Wips turns invisible while in the air.
 Ok neat passive, "so her abilities allow her to stay in the air longer or some other stealth mechanics right?". "Wrong" 
First power: wisp places down one of three "buff stations" that give a buff to allies when they run over the stations. Each providing either one of the following buffs, green:move speed, blue: crowd control, red: health.  
Very stationary, and yet again has nothing to do with portals nor synergizes with passive. 
Second power: Wisp throws out a moving decoy that she can activate again to teleport to the decoys location, after teleportation to the decoy wisp lets out a radial blind.
This is wisp's key escape ability which is typical to the caster archetype, this power involves portals I suppose, at least it involves teleportation. This is the only ability I would not suggest a change to be made on.
Third power: Wisp makes her buff stations placed from her first ability deal an aoe damage. 
While this power may seem like it synergizes with the first power that would not be true. This power requires you to use the first power which is not synergy. Coupled with the fact that you have to use your first power this is also a completely stationary ability. 
Fourth power: Wisp shoots a big bad ass laser beam from a star. 
This ability is wisps primary use as of right now, high sustained dps.

Problems I see.
First off wisp's abilities don't synergize, there is zero interaction with Wisp's passive and her other abilities as well as none of her abilities work together, there are no special interactions.

Second, half of her abilities are designed to be stationary. Now I know that Reb said that these are there for wisp to be useful in defense and interceptions and such, but lets be honest wisp would be a horrible choice for any of those game modes.

How would I fix these (here are my suggestions)
Passive: Keep the invisibility part, but also reset the aim glide duration whenever wisp casts an ability. This adds an inherent synergy with every ability and allows for a large mastery of the frame.
First power: Instead of creating the "station" that players have to run through make this an a.o.e buff. When Wisp summons one of the buffs she now gives all allies in an area the little orb thing which allows Wisp be the "station" and allows Wisp and her teammate to maintain movement.
Second power: This is a good power I would change nothing.
Third power: Assuming the change to the first ability is made, this ability would now do the a.o.e around all the players that have a buff. 
Fourth power: The only change I would make would be, if Wisp casts this ability in the air she is suspended in the air free to move around for a larger energy cost. She would also be gaining her passive while in the air.

All of this is based simply on my years of playing games, I'm not a developer or anything like that, but I do know how players play this game. Wisp looks cool but I don't want to see more stuff fall into irrelevance. 
Edited by frostyhobo
  • Like 3

Portals to her "home" dimension. Swampy, dangerous flowers, might be physically located near the Sun, or has some Void Magic star like entity in it. Portals is the means, will o the wisp is the general theme. Chaotic spirit-like entity that guides people to their salvation or doom.

I agree with you, Wisp is sadly going to be pretty irrelevant after the initial hype.
She offers nearly nothing good, nothing really unique.
Her passive is kinda weird, but not going to complain about it.
Her 1st: Is just going to be outshadowed by any support frame (Trinity, hello, even Oberon).
Her 2nd, Again, nothing new, Nezha does something similar (i like this ability though, especially the blind)
Her 3rd: Reminds me of Radial Javel, looks cool, but probably never going to be used, like ever past lv20.
Her 4th: The only ability that looks somehow ok.

Overall, she looks so damn good, i will buy her instntly just to costumize her, but her overall kit is kind of sad.
She doesn't look unique, nor fun, she doesn't seem to be good at anything.
Of course i'm speaking about what i saw, everything is up to change, so time will tell if my initial opinion will change.

i completely missed the devstream, so this is the first i've heard anything about wisp's abilities but it seems like they need to do what they did with revenant, IE change some of the abilities to better fit the theme.

She feels pretty disjointed on top of only one of her abilities really feeling like it's actually thematic. I mean if you are going to call something Wisp, she's should be a Wil'o'Wisp, who are known for leading travelers astray, not planting flowers and opening portals to the sun. She should mostly be about disorientation and misdirection. Her 2 is the only ability that makes any thematic sense.

I also have to agree with Nakrast in that she may very likely become irrelevant after initial release because of how disjointed and underwhelming her ability set is. That or she will become ultra specialized solely for Endless mission types because her abilities are so specialized for staying in on place for longer periods of time. But she will likely be outclassed by any other frame with group buffs for the simple reason that other frames share their buffs automatically and you don't have to wait for her to stop and drop them and run around in circles every time you need one because the player decided to try and use them for their 3 and spread them around. Which brings us to the fact that we know that the vast majority of people do NOT want to micromanage in this game and it looks like her 1 and 3 will be very micromanagement heavy for her in addition to the previously mentioned micromanagement of the other 3 players trying to buff up. You'd think they'd have learned from they mistakes they made with Titania's buff system and not repeated it. Even though Titania still has some micromanagement to do with that, at least it can be used on the move.

On 2019-04-06 at 6:40 AM, Darena_Bryant said:

I did mine. Took like half an hour to 45 minutes or something. Then it got buried down on page 11 when DE mooshed the threads together, so who the hell knows how many people have seen it.

On 2019-04-06 at 12:26 PM, DeltaPangaea said:

Delta's Super Fantasy Funland Wisp is as follows.

(Passive) Levitation: Wisp maintains full directional control while aimgliding, so changing direction isn't like stopping a boulder, and she doesn't lose height while aimgliding.

(1) Phase: Similar to her current 2 and could reuse the assets, but Wisp turns INTO the projected energy and leaves a short-lived decoy at her previous location. Like 2-3 seconds short. While in energy form though, you are constantly moving forward but can still steer. Pressing the button again ends the ability early. Range increases speed. phasing THROUGH enemies stuns them or does damage or opens them to finishers or fears them or something. Also, the projected energy cannot be seen and doesn't set off alarms or whatever, and any unalerted enemy who sees the decoy is basically just distracted briefly rather than alerted until it goes away. Just an Elder Scrolls-esque 'must have been imagining things' type deal. As a bonus, using this ability resets her glide timer.

(2) Hostile Warp: To actually do something with the portal aspect, her second ability is targeted on an enemy. It teleports them to in front of you, deals damage, and stuns them. They don't count as alerted until the stun wears off, so it's viable for stealth missions. Perhaps it opens them up for finishers.

(3) Shade: This is the one which is basically already on Baruuk, but anyway. Shade is a toggled ability that drains energy over time. Slowly though, even for toggled abilities. While it's active, Wisp isn't INVISIBLE, but is still much harder to detect. Weapons are likewise quieter, but not 100% silenced. Maybe detection reduction and silencing changes with power strength, iunno. Anyway. While it's active she's harder to detect out of combat, and while in combat, she basically has an X% chance to dodge attacks that hit her by reflexively portalling it. Ideally the sort of ability you could turn on at the start of a mission and keep on for most of it if you wanted to mod that way. It isn't flawless like Baruuk's, but doesn't need you to be looking at it and doesn't stop you from attacking.

(4) VOID GATE: Hey, you know what really hecks up living things? You know what's really spooky and ethereal? Y'know what can only be reached by portals? THE VOID. A minor change to her current firebeam, just recolor it and make it do VOID damage. Heck, make Hostile Warp do void damage too. In essence, open up a teeny hole to the void and blast someone with THAT. It keeps the portal fluff, it keeps the effect as-is, it makes it super unique as a warframe that can do void damage, and the ethereal, spooky nature of the Void is far more fitting to the ghost half of her theme than the sun is.

Conclusion

I think Wisp as-is is weird. Just... really weird. A bizarre mix of abilities with little connection to her themes. I highly doubt my thoughts will shape any of her future, but who knows. I'm not 100% sold myself on Hostile Warp, if you wanted her to be more supportive you could rework her current buff effects into something there. Maybe just cycle though 'em and a cast gives the buff to all nearby allies. Not particularly exciting, but it'd be much more user friendly than flower totems. You could even fluff it as drawing power from the void to temporarily supercharge warframes, like those cracks on Lua or Void Corruption from opening relics.

Still not 100% sold on Hostile Warp. Maybe instead of warping people to you, it just dumps them into 'nowhere' for a few seconds. Basically put them in a void pocket where they take damage over time until they pop back out.

Or something like Void Retreat. Channeled ability, you can't move, but you effectively don't exist while you're using it, and heal while you're hiding in your little void pocket.

Iunno. Something better than 'flowers' and 'my flowers explode' and 'shooting a slow-moving distraction'.

EDIT: Or combine both of those void pocket ideas, just on a tap/hold system so you can choose if you wanna drop someone else into a hole or hide in one yourself. Also if someone dies while inside a void pocket, when it ends their ragdoll gets launched out at mach speed into the ground. Because it'd be funny.

Edited by DeltaPangaea